[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, bbmatias3 said:

Yes. I tried that fix but it did not work. Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try to run the Vanilla big sur usb installer in my other hackintosh a skylake Laptop to see if it sees the internal hd. My problem in big sur of not seeing the internal hdd and internal ssd is with my kabylake laptop with i5-7200u (maybe it’s a kaby lake problem). Thanks!

1 hour ago, bbmatias3 said:

Yeah, the strange thing is that OpenCore and Clover both see the internal drives but the Big Sur operating system does not.  In fact, during boot up, it takes a long time because the OS is looking for the drives that the boot loader says are there but the OS can't find them.

25 minutes ago, hohoho said:

Yes. I tried that fix but it did not work. Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try to run the Vanilla big sur usb installer in my other hackintosh a skylake Laptop to see if it sees the internal hd. My problem in big sur of not seeing the internal hdd and internal ssd is with my kabylake laptop with i5-7200u (maybe it’s a kaby lake problem). Thanks!

I'm having this problem with a Kabylake-R laptop but someone else who posted about this problem today said he had it with a Skylake laptop.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Yeah, the strange thing is that OpenCore and Clover both see the internal drives but the Big Sur operating system does not.  In fact, during boot up, it takes a long time because the OS is looking for the drives that the boot loader says are there but the OS can't find them.

I'm having this problem with a Kabylake-R laptop but someone else who posted about this problem today said he had it with a Skylake laptop.

On my old legacy BIOS MB,

I need "Fix Hot-plug for ICH10" to patch AppleAHCIPort, after the patch I can use the other internal disk on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur.

Hi all! Reading all your posts, helped me very much. I attach my fully functional EFI for HP Probook 4540s. Maybe is useful for somebody. Pure vanilla, all working, including recovery boot. Thank you all, but mostly to Rehabman! His amazing work is functional (adapted, yes) after so many years. Cheers!

EFI.zip

Spoiler

1.png

Spoiler

2.png

3.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I am trying to follow the new video tutorial for WiFi on unsupported macs. How can i boot into Big Sur's recovery? Or is this not possible on hacks / OpenCore?

I set UEFI/APFS/JumpstartHotPlug to YES in OC config.plist (as recommended by this post @applelife.ru) and OC successfully booted to Big Sur Recovery :).

Spoiler

338268693_JumpstartHotPlugtoYES.png.45028833f0f70cddaded8e8b97dcc3a2.png

I also tested the process of manually rebuilding kernel collections and prelinkedkernel (eg after new kexts copied to /S/L/E or /L/E) on the Big Sur volume from Recovery...

-bash-3.2# csrutil status
System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Apple Internal).
-bash-3.2# csrutil authenticated-root status
Authenticated Root status: disabled
-bash-3.2# nvram csr-active-config
csr-active-config	w%08%00%00
-bash-3.2# ls -l /Volumes/
total 16
drwx------   2 root  wheel    88 14 Jul 11:08 .fseventsd
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  wheel   768 13 Jul 22:42 Big_Sur
drwxrwxr-x  21 root  wheel   672 13 Jul 22:42 Big_Sur — Data
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  admin   768 28 Jun 07:18 Catalina
drwxr-xr-x@ 22 root  wheel   704 28 Jun 07:18 Catalina - Data
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  4096 11 Jul 13:03 DATA
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  4096 28 Jul  2019 MACRIUM Backups
drwxr-xr-x@ 35 root  wheel  1258  3 Jul 03:26 Macintosh SSD
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  8192 12 Jul 06:40 WIN10
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     1 14 Jul 11:08 macOS Base System -> /
drwxr-xr-x@ 23 root  admin   736  1 Jul 00:55 macOS Catalina
drwxr-xr-x@ 26 root  wheel   832  2 Jun 02:41 macOS Catalina — Data
-bash-3.2# mount -uw /Volumes/Big_Sur
-bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/Extensions
-bash-3.2# kextcache -i /Volumes/Big_Sur
kextcache -i /Volumes/Big_Sur
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --check-rebuild
rebuilding local auxiliary collection
kmutil done
-bash-3.2# kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --update-all --force
checking collections...
Warning: com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList was not found!
considering release out-of-date because of --force
rebuilding release collections: boot, system
rebuilding release collections:
	boot kernel collection
	system kext collection
kmutil done
-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto 
Copying deferred prelinked kernels in /Volumes/Big_Sur...
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying KCs in /Volumes/Big_Sur...
System Volume UUID: 3D41E3EC-D061-4315-BF1B-56B1DA8FF19A
Volume Group UUID: 1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF
Preboot disk: /dev/disk6s2
Mounting Preboot: "/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK"
Preboot volume: /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc.elides -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/immutablekernel -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Unmounting Preboot: "/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK"
Volume Preboot on disk6s2 unmounted

Notes:

• Confirm SIP and authenticated root are disabled, then mount the Big_Sur volume as read-write
csrutil status
csrutil authenticated-root status
mount -uw /Volumes/Big_Sur
  • According to jackluke on the MacRumors Forums, kextcache -i is "required to update the prelinkedkernel" (the old way of doing things) and kmutil is "required to update the BootKernelExtensions.kc" (the new way of doing things)
kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --update-all --force
  • The way you control kcditto's *destination* is by choosing which volume you run it *from* ie must use /Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto to copy files to Big_Sur volume
/Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto
  • To create a boot-able APFS snapshot (I elected not to), add extra step in terminal bless --folder /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot.

Checking date stamps on /S/L/KernelCollections and /S/L/PrelinkedKernels confirms kcditto copied the new kc and prelinkedkernel into place correctly on the Big Sur volume...

Spoiler

646465528_InstallingkextsfromBig_SurRecovery.thumb.png.8a02c9f25e17f6b3656a828770bfc193.png

• Like 7

Whoa ! Seriously didn’t expect it to be that easy and smooth to update my current Catalina partition to Big Sur in a matter of minutes on my Dell Skylake laptop !

All I had to do was replace Lilu with latest “debug” version along with latest master builds of WEG and VirtualSMC, that’s it ! Didn’t even have to modify or edit my existing OC config.plist either ! Booted the Big Sur install media off my external HDD, tapped update directly onto my internal Catalina SSD partition and voila !
Update and install process smoothly took only about the usual 20 minutes with one additional reboot. Everything works just like it did on Catalina except for DRM/Netflix and the Trackpad preferences.

Massive respect to all developers and contributors for having reached this far of a milestone with the OC development.

13 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

So many thanks @ameenjuz really works to me, but voodoops2 not. Im will try change for my specific hardware...but not run Netflix or Apple TV, im have no idea what is it....

Thanks!!!

not sure if I saw, but I can't run Netflix on safari. Edge seems to work fine.

Also, no appletv

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Partime said:

not sure if I saw, but I can't run Netflix on safari. Edge seems to work fine.

Also, no appletv

Netflix run with Google Chrome, but not with Safari...

And Apple TV not run for now. Im think Apple will get run 4k in Safari plugins...

Thanks anyway my friend!!! 

Edited by Max.1974

15 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Netflix run with Google Chrome, but not with Safari...

And Apple TV not run for now. Im think Apple will get run 4k in Safari plugins...

Thanks anyway my friend!!! 

Apple tv is working fine 

i cannot check netflix because i have no subscription

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.07.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.08.04 PM.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 8:06 PM, fusion71au said:

No need to patch installer if your SMBIOS is officially supported in Big Sur (that patch is to allow install into older Macs, bypassing compatibility checks).

IIRC, I only saw Preboot booting into the second stage install (the one with approx 30 minutes remaining).  The final boot into the third stage shows only the Big Sur volume to boot from the OpenCore menu.  Interrupting half way through the loading bar during this stage (when the progress bar slows to a crawl and the snapshot is being created) ---> Restart to OpenCore Menu now shows both "macOS Installer" and the Big Sur volume ---> Choose Big Sur Volume ---> 1 reboot, keep on choosing Big Sur volume, not the installer.

For those getting error 66 trying to mount their root volume despite disabling SIP for authenticated root --> it means your system still has APFS System Snapshots enabled.  These can be removed following the steps below (credit to guide on reddit

Fixing APFS Snapshot Procedure

1. Boot into the Big Sur installer USB
  2. Open a terminal, type `csrutil disable` and reboot
  3. When back into the installer, run `diskutil list` to find the location of the "Macintosh HD" disk, such as disk2s5
  4. Mount it using `diskutil mountDisk <disk identifier>` such as `diskutil mountDisk disk2s5` then run `mount -uw <volume mount point>` such as `mount -uw /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/` to mount it as read write
  5. Run `/System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v <volume mount point> -r ""`
  6. Then, to delete the snapshots on the disk, run `diskutil apfs listSnapshots <volume mount point>` and take note of each UUID of the snapshots
  7. Run `diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot <volume mount point> -uuid <uuid of snapshot>` for all snapshots on the disk.
  8. Verify that there are no more snapshots by running `diskutil apfs listSnapshots <volume mount point>` it should return "No Snapshots for disk"
  9. Reboot into the Big Sur desktop and make sure that running `sudo mount -uw /` returns no errors and that running `diskutil info /` returns a disk such as disk2s5 and not a snapshot such as disk2s5s1

Here is actual real world example (output from terminal after booting into Big Sur Recovery or USB Installer).  Note in this example, <volume mount point> was /Volumes/Big_Sur,

UUID of snapshot was DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4...

System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
Authenticated Root status: enabled
-bash-3.2# csrutil authenticated-root disable
Successfully disabled authenticated root. Please restart the machine for the changes to take effect.

//After rebooting back into the Big Sur Recovery or USB Installer, open terminal again and check SIP status now disabled...
System Integrity Protection status: disabled.
-bash-3.2# diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *53.7 GB    disk0
   1:                        EFI ⁨EFI⁩                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS ⁨Container disk2⁩         53.5 GB    disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *53.7 GB    disk1
   1:                        EFI ⁨EFI⁩                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS ⁨Container disk3⁩         53.5 GB    disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (synthesized):
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +53.5 GB    disk2
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS — Data⁩            14.7 GB    disk2s1
   2:                APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩                 83.7 MB    disk2s2
   3:                APFS Volume ⁨Recovery⁩                528.8 MB   disk2s3
   4:                APFS Volume ⁨VM⁩                      1.1 MB     disk2s4
   5:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS⁩                   11.0 GB    disk2s5

/dev/disk3 (synthesized):
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +53.5 GB    disk3
                                 Physical Store disk1s2
   1:                APFS Volume ⁨Big_Sur — Data⁩          3.1 GB     disk3s1
   2:                APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩                 320.6 MB   disk3s2
   3:                APFS Volume ⁨Recovery⁩                835.0 MB   disk3s3
   4:                APFS Volume ⁨VM⁩                      1.1 GB     disk3s4
   5:                APFS Volume ⁨Big_Sur⁩                 13.1 GB    disk3s5

/dev/disk4 (disk image):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        +1.8 GB     disk4
   1:                 Apple_APFS ⁨Container disk5⁩         1.8 GB     disk4s1

/dev/disk5 (synthesized):
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +1.8 GB     disk5
                                 Physical Store disk4s1
   1:                APFS Volume ⁨macOS Base System⁩       1.6 GB     disk5s1
   2:                APFS Volume ⁨Preboot⁩                 130.0 MB   disk5s2

-bash-3.2# /System/Library/Filesystems/apfs.fs/Contents/Resources/apfs_systemsnapshot -v /Volumes/Big_Sur -r ""
Attempting tagging of snapshot  on volume: /Volumes/Big_Sur 
-bash-3.2# diskutil apfs listSnapshots /Volumes/Big_Sur
Snapshot for disk3s5 (1 found)
|
+-- DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4
    Name:        com.apple.os.update-190312682FDBFD811EAF7E1DE7AA32CC00611E1594F50D161F143E85BF633A4C
    XID:         330
    Purgeable:   Yes
    NOTE:        This snapshot limits the minimum size of APFS Container disk3

-bash-3.2# diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot /Volumes/Big_Sur -uuid DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4
Deleting APFS Snapshot DD99DFC1-7FA2-4B1E-9F75-04380B0AFCA4 "com.apple.os.update-190312682FDBFD811EAF7E1DE7AA32CC00611E1594F50D161F143E85BF633A4C" from APFS Volume disk3s5
Started APFS operation
Finished APFS operation
-bash-3.2# diskutil apfs listSnapshots /Volumes/Big_Sur
No snapshots for disk3s5

Reboot into Big Sur proper and open terminal to install kext(s) eg say you want to replace original /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext with attached IO80211Family.kext from High Sierra in your ~/Downloads folder

fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo mount -uw /
Password:

//Rename original /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext and replace with older IO80211Family.kext from your ~/Downloads folder 
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.orig
Password:
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo mv ~/Downloads/IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Extensions
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo kmutil install --update-all
checking collections...
updated extension 'com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from <unknown> to 8DE38A76-B284-34D2-AF4E-DB727D7FF250)
updated extension 'com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros40' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from <unknown> to 9753F22E-5C85-3E95-B543-0870CF03838A)
updated extension 'com.apple.driver.IO80211NetBooter' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IO80211NetBooter.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from C0A664A0-F3F6-3C63-919F-B33AA52EC96A to 22A50E20-A024-3B8D-9268-B69ECBA918A0)
updated extension 'com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from 99011013-0804-3EF6-B433-D33B216C05DB to A879B51A-4562-3B95-B6C3-A2472B508F2F)
updated extension 'com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from 1BFF3E8B-77F0-3C4B-A6C1-9DF06132B189 to 0F1637EA-51B0-3A81-9433-956A19427984)
updated extension 'com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4331' found on disk at '/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4331.kext' (mach-o UUID changed from <unknown> to D4559F1A-005E-353C-B33F-3006C349EE5D)
	boot kernel collection
	system kext collection
kmutil done
fusion71au@fusion71aus-Mac-mini ~ % sudo kcditto
Copying deferred prelinked kernels in /...
/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/kext_tools/kext_tools-685/kc_staging.m.279: Encountered error while inspecting path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The folder “PrelinkedKernels” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Folder
), NSUnderlyingError=0x7f8b16d078d0 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-43 "fnfErr: File not found"}}
/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/kext_tools/kext_tools-685/kc_staging.m.279: Encountered error while inspecting path: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The folder “PrelinkedKernels” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels, NSUserStringVariant=(
    Folder
), NSUnderlyingError=0x7f8b16e07500 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-43 "fnfErr: File not found"}}
Copying KCs in /...
Preboot disk: /dev/disk5s2
Preboot volume: /System/Volumes/Preboot
Copying: /System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc.elides -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/immutablekernel -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying: /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /System/Volumes/Preboot/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels

I tried to install the WiFi io80211family kext and create the snapshot to install the next without luck. I’ll try later on as this requires various and if I do one incorrect it will not work.

Edited by jlrycm
Add more language for clarity

23 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Apple tv is working fine 

i cannot check netflix because i have no subscription

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.07.20 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 7.08.04 PM.jpg

Hi my friend, its only trailers, its work same like Youtube...but thanks for your effort help!!!

God bless you are...

4 hours ago, fusion71au said:

I set UEFI/APFS/JumpstartHotPlug to YES in OC config.plist (as recommended by this post @applelife.ru) and OC successfully booted to Big Sur Recovery :).

Reveal hidden contents

338268693_JumpstartHotPlugtoYES.png.45028833f0f70cddaded8e8b97dcc3a2.png

I also tested the process of manually rebuilding kernel collections and prelinkedkernel (eg after new kexts copied to /S/L/E or /L/E) on the Big Sur volume from Recovery...

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Apple Internal).
-bash-3.2# ls -l /Volumes/
total 16
drwx------   2 root  wheel    88 14 Jul 11:08 .fseventsd
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  wheel   768 13 Jul 22:42 Big_Sur
drwxrwxr-x  21 root  wheel   672 13 Jul 22:42 Big_Sur — Data
drwxr-xr-x  24 root  admin   768 28 Jun 07:18 Catalina
drwxr-xr-x@ 22 root  wheel   704 28 Jun 07:18 Catalina - Data
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  4096 11 Jul 13:03 DATA
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  4096 28 Jul  2019 MACRIUM Backups
drwxr-xr-x@ 35 root  wheel  1258  3 Jul 03:26 Macintosh SSD
drwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  8192 12 Jul 06:40 WIN10
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     1 14 Jul 11:08 macOS Base System -> /
drwxr-xr-x@ 23 root  admin   736  1 Jul 00:55 macOS Catalina
drwxr-xr-x@ 26 root  wheel   832  2 Jun 02:41 macOS Catalina — Data
-bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/Extensions
-bash-3.2# kextcache -i /Volumes/Big_Sur
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --check-rebuild
kmutil done
-bash-3.2# kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --update-all --force
checking collections...
Warning: com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList was not found!
considering release out-of-date because of --force
	boot kernel collection
	system kext collection
kmutil done
-bash-3.2# /Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto 
Copying deferred prelinked kernels in /Volumes/Big_Sur...
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying KCs in /Volumes/Big_Sur...
Preboot disk: /dev/disk6s2
Mounting Preboot: "/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK"
Preboot volume: /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc.elides -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/KernelCollections/BootKernelExtensions.kc -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/boot/System/Library/KernelCollections
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/immutablekernel -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Copying: /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -> /System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK/1DF588CB-10D4-48C2-BE99-71CF80DD2FBF/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels
Unmounting Preboot: "/System/Volumes/Data/private/var/tmp/preboot.kcditto.tnDUDAK"
Volume Preboot on disk6s2 unmounted

Notes:

• Confirm SIP and authenticated root are disabled, then mount the Big_Sur volume as read-write

csrutil status
csrutil authenticated-root status
mount -uw /Volumes/Big_Sur
  • According to jackluke on the MacRumors Forums, kextcache -i is "required to update the prelinkedkernel" (the old way of doing things) and kmutil is "required to update the BootKernelExtensions.kc" (the new way of doing things)

kmutil install --volume-root /Volumes/Big_Sur --update-all --force
  • The way you control kcditto's *destination* is by choosing which volume you run it *from* ie must use /Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto to copy files to Big_Sur volume

/Volumes/Big_Sur/usr/sbin/kcditto
  • To create a boot-able APFS snapshot (I elected not to), add extra step in terminal bless --folder /Volumes/Big_Sur/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot.

Checking date stamps on /S/L/KernelCollections and /S/L/PrelinkedKernels confirms kcditto copied the new kc and prelinkedkernel into place correctly on the Big Sur volume...

Hide contents

646465528_InstallingkextsfromBig_SurRecovery.thumb.png.8a02c9f25e17f6b3656a828770bfc193.png

how to rebuilding kernel collections and prelinkedkernel after new kexts copied to /S/L/E or /L/E) under the Big Sur using terminal without recovery

and how to copy kext to /L/E or /S/L/E

With iMac 15,1 I can't see anything DRM protected anywhere (VideoProc hevc not supported h264 not supported)

Using iMacPro 1,1 I can see AppleTV and NetFlix on chrome (VideoProc hevc supported h264 supported)

But using safari I just get a red screen and using AppleTV app a green striped screen (audio works on both)

Old movies bought from iTunes when played on the AppleTV app show just a red screen as NetFlix.

Edited by JahStories
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JahStories said:

With iMac 15,1 I can't see anything DRM protected anywhere (VideoProc hevc not supported h264 not supported)

Using iMacPro 1,1 I can see AppleTV and NetFlix on chrome (VideoProc hevc supported h264 supported)

But using safari I just get a red screen and using AppleTV app a green striped screen (audio works on both)

Old movies bought from iTunes when played on the AppleTV app show just a red screen as NetFlix.

Thanks my friend, with Chrome im get run netflix too, but are you can run pay movie with your laptop?

Im have Desktop with vega 64, and for now im not so worry about it, but with always try left Hack fine tuned...,-)

Yes, it's just a small problem, but fixing problems  its the fun part of making an hackintosh :)

If I wanna watch DRM stuff I'll just use chrome!

Obviously if someone find a fix it would be great!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JahStories said:

Yes, it's just a small problem, but fixing problems  its the fun part of making an hackintosh :)

If I wanna watch DRM stuff I'll just use chrome!

Obviously if someone find a fix it would be great!

Yes, nice shot!!! Thanks :thumbsup_anim:

19 hours ago, chris1111 said:

This is not a older its a latest from repos compile

Without this kext WIFI not working here 

I  see my way out is not relate to this kext for me

Hello @chris1111 and all hackintoshers. I read the following in the read me of airportbrcmfixup GitHub: 

Remove injectors for AirPortBrcm4360 and AirPortBrcmNIC from main Info.plist and move them into separate plugins AirPortBrcm4360_Injector and AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector (kexts with plist only). 
Under 10.16 (Big Sur) plugin AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext must be blocked by MaxKernel 19.9.9 or just removed, otherwise it will block loading of AirPortBrcmNIC since class AirPortBrcm4360 is unsupported.

My question is how I block the injector by MaxKernel 19.9.9 in the config file kernel section? I was looking for some examples but couldn’t find one. Would this be enough to fix compatibility of WiFi BRCM94331 card? Or do we still need to install the io80211family.kext attached to one of the posts attached to this thread?

Edited by jlrycm
Correct typo

I only yesterday was able to fix my HEVC problem, but I can't play Netflix in safari or firefox, only in Edge, Chrome I don't use.

How is that possible @Pavo, it is a combination of right SMBIOS and graphic id's?

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pavo said:

I have no issues with DRM content in Safari nor AppleTV. Netflix, Amazon Prime and AppleTV all work fine here.

Hi @Pavo im know you are busy, but if i send for you my EFI from my Lenovo Laptop, are possible you check it for me, please? 

My Desktop work fine everything, just intel 620 HD... my desktop im use Radeon Vega 64.

Edited by Max.1974