[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Safe mode doesn't work.  We need the IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice.kext to work.  We can't bypass it using Safe Mode.  

Can you please post your specs?  I'm wondering if this is a problem only with HP laptops or with Kabylake-R laptops or if our hardware has anything in common beside this problem.  Thanks.

@mnfesq Sure. See below:

I am using Intel Nuc Hades Canyon through the HaC Mini config available on GitHub.

CPU: Intel i7 8809G - Kaby Lake 8th Gen

dGPU: Radeon Vega M 

iGPU: UHD 630 (computing only)

SSD: Crucial 1TB SATA M.2

RAM: Ballistix 16GB 2666Mhz

I had a look about my SATA controller and it is pci8086,a306. Not sure whether that helps at all?

Do you know if there is a way to compare the new kext in Big Sur with the previous one in Catalina and see what changed code-wise?

There is no mention of this on beta release notes.

Happy to answer further questions!

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Safe mode doesn't work.  We need the IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice.kext to work.  We can't bypass it using Safe Mode.  

Can you please post your specs?  I'm wondering if this is a problem only with HP laptops or with Kabylake-R laptops or if our hardware has anything in common beside this problem.  Thanks.

try changing by SMBois MacBook Pro 14,2 or 14,1

or try with SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext

SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext.zip

Hi @eSaF, @manmo71,

Yes I know all of that and this time I made a new build of OpenCore from source and made a new EFI folder from scratch... gathered kexts, graphics and made a new config.plist, tested the new EFi first in my usb install and only then changed my boot EFI, but first I verified if HEVC was working... and it was.

As soon I verified that all was working I deleted all the others EFI, but you advice is rock solid and next time I'll do it.

Thanks to both of you ...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Your intel hd is 620? Are you get fully acceleration video? HVEC too? Only think that im not solved yeat...

yes i have Intel HD Graphic 620 and working fully acceleration video  i think HVEC too   

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.40.53 PM.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

yes i have Intel HD Graphic 620 and working fully acceleration video  i think HVEC too   

Thanks, its possible you share your EFI and BIOS Settings...

Im not could find help for this yeat...thanks!!!

Edited by Max.1974

I'm with iMac Pro smbios but green glitchy screen on AppleTV and red screen on Netflix, here a couple of screenshots

Netflix works on chrome btw

Any idea for a fix?

Spoiler

IMG_0465 2.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Thanks, its possible you share your EFI and BIOS Settings...

Im not could find help for this yeat...thanks!!!

- Disable Secure Boot
- Disable Intel SGX

- Disable Intel Trust technolagy

- Enable HyperThread

- Enable Sata AHCI Mode

- check Enable&disable  VT 

- Enable Pure UEFI Mode

EFI.zip

Edited by ameenjuz
edited
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

I'm back and have good news I did it , solved my HEVC problem. In the end I don't know how I did it, but the fact is I solved it, as you can se below...

Thanks to @eSaF and @manmo71 for all the help and moral support...

Spoiler

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-13, às 19.41.56.png

work with Display Port with your Intel Graphic HD 630 or an HDMI ?

Someone would have this message like me because a reboot on two I have this popup

EDIT ****

Issue is Fix the culprit is VoodooBaterySMC and IntelCpuMonitor FakeSMC 

change for  

VirtualSMC.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Plugins
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext

Spoiler

IMG_2265.jpeg.522d8ed1f8e17cc88f237821cabddf6b.jpeg

Edited by chris1111
Issue is Fix
  • Sad 1

@chris1111 

Hi , I have Dell skylake lappy, i cannot booot bigsur from internal hdd, also i cant boot the usb installer, i just use the usb image to boot external hdd, i cant see my internal hdd, i am using oc , i dont know what the problem is, can anyone help me ?

5 minutes ago, PC IT said:

@chris1111 

Hi , I have Dell skylake lappy, i cannot booot bigsur from internal hdd, also i cant boot the usb installer, i just use the usb image to boot external hdd, i cant see my internal hdd, i am using oc , i dont know what the problem is, can anyone help me ?

Join the club. Several of us have this same problem and have not been able to find a solution.  Keep trying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Someone would have this message like me because a reboot on two I have this popup

Spoiler

IMG_2265.jpeg.522d8ed1f8e17cc88f237821cabddf6b.jpeg

I only started having those issues when i started using the kext from the below.

8 hours ago, JahStories said:

File attach

Patch DSDT and kext on OC

Credit MaldOn

Wifi Broadcom Brcm43xx.zip

6 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I only started having those issues when i started using the kext from the below.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext as nothing to do with this I try without and its the same

1 minute ago, chris1111 said:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext as nothing to do with this I try without and its the same

Was just my observations. Also with that kext i cannot reinstall, just KP, with older AirportBrcmFixup.kext all works fine.

• Confused 1

So I wanted to see if my ancient core2duo laptop, Dell XPS M1530 with legacy BIOS (system 3 in my sig), would boot Big Sur beta 2…

Spoiler

1107992101_BigSurBeta2onCore2DuoXPSM1530.thumb.png.384a74073b297cb59ef0faf519ff94b2.png

• Booted with OC 0.6.0 onto Big Sur beta 2 (where installation was done previously onto an external USB HD by my NUC6i5SYH with metal capable Intel Iris Graphics 540)
  • APFS snapshots deleted with this procedure
  • Deleted/replaced the file /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin with the one from High Sierra
  • No graphics acceleration yet for nVidia Tesla based Geforce 8600M GT (non metal capable).  Waiting for developments from @Asentientbot or others at MacRumors forum.
  • Like 4

Just now, SavageAUS said:

Was just my observations. Also with that kext i cannot reinstall, just KP, with older AirportBrcmFixup.kext all works fine.

This is not a older its a latest from repos compile

Without this kext WIFI not working here 

I  see my way out is not relate to this kext for me

Just now, fusion71au said:

So I wanted to see if my ancient core2duo laptop, Dell XPS M1530 with legacy BIOS (system 3 in my sig), would boot Big Sur beta 2…

Reveal hidden contents

1107992101_BigSurBeta2onCore2DuoXPSM1530.thumb.png.384a74073b297cb59ef0faf519ff94b2.png

• Booted with OC 0.6.0 onto Big Sur beta 2 (where installation was done previously onto an external USB HD by my NUC6i5SYH with metal capable Intel Iris Graphics 540)
  • APFS snapshots deleted with this procedure
  • Deleted/replaced the file /System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.telemetry.plugin with the one from High Sierra
  • No graphics acceleration yet for nVidia Tesla based Geforce 8600M GT (non metal capable).  Waiting for developments from @Asentientbot or others at MacRumors forum.

Nice! Have you tried telemtrap.kext from this thread? No need for delete or replace telemetry.plugin every time we update.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to follow the new video tutorial for WiFi on unsupported macs. How can i boot into Big Sur's recovery? Or is this not possible on hacks / OpenCore?

Well i managed to kind of boot recovery for big sur but i get a KP after dsmos has arrived.

Kernel extensions in backtrace lilu, whatevergreen and AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.

Edited by SavageAUS

6 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

- Disable Secure Boot
- Disable Intel SGX

- Disable Intel Trust technolagy

- Enable HyperThread

- Enable Sata AHCI Mode

- check Enable&disable  VT 

- Enable Pure UEFI Mode

EFI.zip

So many thanks @ameenjuz really works to me, but voodoops2 not. Im will try change for my specific hardware...but not run Netflix or Apple TV, im have no idea what is it....

Thanks!!!

Edited by Max.1974

2 hours ago, chris1111 said:

This is not a older its a latest from repos compile

Without this kext WIFI not working here 

I  see my way out is not relate to this kext for me

Right

Wifi do not work in Big Sur without of latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext

i noticed with this kext boot fast and speed up Menu bar icon click

have anyone get to work SMCBatteryManager.kext?

Edited by ameenjuz
edited
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Certo

O Wifi não funciona em Big Sur  sem o mais recente  AirportBrcmFixup.kext

notei com esta inicialização rápida do kext e acelere o ícone da barra de menus

alguém começou a trabalhar no SMCBatteryManager.kext?

use AcpiBatteryManager.kext rehabman ... working

32 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

Right

Wifi do not work in Big Sur without of latest AirportBrcmFixup.kext

i noticed with this kext boot fast and speed up Menu bar icon click

Does that mean unsupported wifi now works?

Do we still need to remove snapshots?

Doing a fresh install now so i guess ill find out.

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Good news Trackpad and Card reader is fix here  

Hide contents

screen39.png.66a594496065648ce95ca15e3a51d1e7.png

screen38.png.cb605b850179776d883a5945a29d85bb.png

how? i want to make my sd card work lol

On 7/13/2020 at 9:30 AM, hohoho said:

What does this mean? I have the same problem. My internal SSD is not showing in the USB installer. But i was able to successfully install it in my external HD and i can use it via the external HD, but i can’t clone the external HD to my internal ssd so i am stuck using Big Sur via external HD right now. Maybe we need a kext patch for the kext that is causing the problem? 

[Update] Even when i run Big Sur via my external HD. Big Sur itself can't see my internal SATA drives (internsl sata hdd and internal sata ssd) it says my external HD is "internal". Thanks

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.35.47 AM.png

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.35.53 AM.png

opencore?

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html#cant-see-macos-partitions