[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

That's a strange one, if one works you'd think the other would work also.

PS - I just checked Text Edit and that also works,

Good to hear you have working  TextEdit app

But i don't know why i have crash TextEdit app

@Pavo have you salution?

Edited by ameenjuz
edited

1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

Good to hear you have working  TextEdit app

But i don't know why i have crash TextEdit app

@Pavo have you salution?

My textedit is also working without any issues. I know this is a pointless response as i can't offer any help to fix except maybe try a fresh install?

18 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Hi @crazybirdy.  I'm nearly certain the problem lies with your graphics card.

My old legacy BIOS rigs can boot the Big Sur Installer and also the completed Big Sur installation on an external USB HD (via OC 0.6.0)... 

What's your graphics card?

I use GT640 which works on 10.15.5. I saw someone install Big Sur with GT720.

Maybe I need to buy a second hand GT720 if beta 3 still doesn't work here.

Edited by crazybirdy
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:42 AM, ameenjuz said:

i solved now internal disk is appeared and clean installed using usb installer

if you using kabylake Sunrise point-Lp SATA Controller 8086 9d03 then remove SATA patch from DSDT and SSDT and config  no need patch

because 8086 9d03 SATA Controller nativelly supported

What does this mean? I have the same problem. My internal SSD is not showing in the USB installer. But i was able to successfully install it in my external HD and i can use it via the external HD, but i can’t clone the external HD to my internal ssd so i am stuck using Big Sur via external HD right now. Maybe we need a kext patch for the kext that is causing the problem? 

[Update] Even when i run Big Sur via my external HD. Big Sur itself can't see my internal SATA drives (internsl sata hdd and internal sata ssd) it says my external HD is "internal". Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.35.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 1.35.53 AM.png

Edited by hohoho
update

8 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Hi @Matgen84

From your screenshot, you are running the release version of OC (REL-060-2020-07-10), not the debug version.

To get a debug log with the ioreg command, you also need the correct setting for Misc/Debug/Target in your config.plist (I have it set at 5).  Refer to OC documentation (Configuration.pdf) and OpenCore desktop guide for more details.

@fusion71au Thanks.
You comment a old screenshot previous I use OpenCore Debug (see hours of the post). The problem is now solved. 

A reflection however, with OC Debug, your ioreg command did not display results in Terminal. I do not know why. In the future, I follow your explanation: Misc/Debug/Target  set at 5.

9 hours ago, bbmatias3 said:

hello i was able to configure my opencore efi for my laptop for big sur(also work in catalina) the only issue i cant get VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext to load on big sur so no trackpad at all. works in catalina tho 

Try installing them on your Library/Extensions

HP DV6 2140ef - i5-430M - Nvidia GeForce GT320M - 8Go

MacOS Catalina Patch Chris1111 + High Sierra = Clover

**  OC 6.0 probleme OC Activer Nvidia Legacy (No Inject Nvidia in OC !!! Solution ???)

Test install BigSur Beta 2 

when trying to install on this laptop even though there is still no way to activate the Nvidia GT320M "Tesla" I would like to get the installation for testing with kext and ways to activate Nvidia! for the moment I come across this kernel panic in OpenCore 6.0 with the latest kext if anyone has a suggestion to test or even solve it i will be ready for testing thanks in advance OC 6.0 boots Catalina without any problems, I just couldn't find a way to activate the Nvidia GT320m legacy with OpenCore since Clover forces me to use the "Nvidia inject"

"google translat"

PT 

ao tentar a instalaçao neste laptop mesmo sabendo que ainda nao existe forma de activar a  Nvidia GT320M "Tesla" gostaria de conseguir a instalaçao para testes com kext e formas de poder activar a Nvidia !

pelo momento me desparo com este kernel panic no OpenCore 6.0 com as ultimas kext

se alguem tiver sugestao para testar ou mesmo resolver estarei pronto a testes 

obrigados desde ja 

OC 6.0 faz boot no Catalina sem problemas apenas nao encontrei forma de activar a Nvidia GT320m legacy com o OpenCore ja que no Clover me obriga a utilisar o "inject Nvidia" 

Spoiler

IMG_20200713_164823.thumb.jpg.50b7ae5c19667113cc71e56f305c0205.jpg

OC.zip

By now, everyone here must know that I am not able to connect to my internal drives (hdd, ssd, DVD/ATAPI) when I boot to BS installer or BS Beta 2 installed on an external USB drive.  Here is what I see when I boot up.  Immediately after what is in the photo, my laptop goes to the apple symbol and progress bar that indicates that graphics drivers have loaded.  It then boots up but only detects external USB drives.  I have tried every possible OC configuration and have used my native DSDT with no patches and still the problem persists.  Ideas would be appreciated. 

Spoiler

IMG_5185.thumb.jpg.f7142f87578801677dcc17721360b065.jpg

I booted into my installation of BS beta 2 on a USB drive using Clover (it fixes problems I have with OC for my webcam and wifi) and ran MaLd0n's diagnostic script, RunMe.  Here's the output:  

Send me mnfesq's-MacBook-Pro.zip

Here's my OC config.plist: config.plist.zip

I should mention that my internal drives are detected by Clover and by OC.  They are only not detected in BS.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

By now, everyone here must know that I am not able to connect to my internal drives (hdd, ssd, DVD/ATAPI) when I boot to BS installer or BS Beta 2 installed on an external USB drive.  Here is what I see when I boot up.  Immediately after what is in the photo, my laptop goes to the apple symbol and progress bar that indicates that graphics drivers have loaded.  It then boots up but only detects external USB drives.  I have tried every possible OC configuration and have used my native DSDT with no patches and still the problem persists.  Ideas would be appreciated. 

Hide contents

IMG_5185.thumb.jpg.f7142f87578801677dcc17721360b065.jpg

I booted into my installation of BS beta 2 on a USB drive using Clover (it fixes problems I have with OC for my webcam and wifi) and ran MaLd0n's diagnostic script, RunMe.  Here's the output:  

Send me mnfesq's-MacBook-Pro.zip

Here's my OC config.plist: config.plist.zip

I should mention that my internal drives are detected by Clover and by OC.  They are only not detected in BS.

try this config and put AirportBrcmFixup.kext into your kext folder

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

config.plist.zip

On 7/12/2020 at 3:04 PM, crazybirdy said:

add kernel path to config.plist/Kernel/Patch/..you will see the panic kext..

<dict>
				<key>Base</key>
				<string></string>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.16 Disable panic loaded kexts list</string>
				<key>Count</key>
				<integer>1</integer>
				<key>Enabled</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AIA6AHRE
				</data>
				<key>Identifier</key>
				<string>kernel</string>
				<key>Limit</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
				<key>Mask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>MaxKernel</key>
				<string>20.8.0</string>
				<key>MinKernel</key>
				<string>20.0.0</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AIA6AOtE
				</data>
				<key>ReplaceMask</key>
				<data>
				</data>
				<key>Skip</key>
				<integer>0</integer>
			</dict>

Thank you! new messages....

What can be wrong?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e3azbz2J0DbX8JhbIkjaDouRobPUKIoX/view?usp=sharing

IMG_4432.thumb.jpeg.552518bced962ae8a0af21898f5e1943.jpeg

26 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

try this config and put AirportBrcmFixup.kext into your kext folder

AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip

config.plist.zip

It took about 10-15 minutes to boot but it did boot.  When it did, wifi worked (thanks) but no luck with IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver.kext.  Interestingly, it showed my external usb drives as internal drives in disk utility but my actual internal drives did not show up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

It took about 10-15 minutes to boot but it did boot.  When it did, wifi worked (thanks) but no luck with IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver.kext.  Interestingly, it showed my external usb drives as internal drives in disk utility but my actual internal drives did not show up.

XhciPortLimit set to false this is for desktop

use USBPort.kext

please tell me your bois setting

did you set dvmt pre_allocate 64 mb in bois? if you don't have such option 

use 

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 9.31.37 PM.jpg

remember my usb installer take about 1 mminute to boot

Edited by ameenjuz

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

I still have the same problem as well. Have you tried booting in safe mode (use -x boot-arg)?

Hi guys,

I'm back and have good news I did it , solved my HEVC problem. In the end I don't know how I did it, but the fact is I solved it, as you can se below...

Thanks to @eSaF and @manmo71 for all the help and moral support...

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-13, às 19.41.56.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 7

use USBPort.kext

use 

Thanks but I have no problem with either USB or graphics.  The delay in booting is caused by the OS looking for and being unable to locate disks that the bootloader tells it are there.  That's why I get the boot messages "SerialATAPI device reconfiguration did not complete successfully" and "IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver: could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating."  BTW, I reverted to an earlier BIOS thinking that HP may have added some security features in its last BIOS update in December 2019 but that didn't help.  I have also disabled all security features in BIOS and, so far, that has not helped.  The BIOS in an HP laptop has very few configuration options but SATA function is set to AHCI and cannot be changed.

• Like 1

@MorenoAv - Nice one mate :thumbsup_anim: determination paid off - Here is a tip for you, when ever there is a new release of OC no matter how small, I tend to build a new EFI Folder on a spare USB Drive and boot off it to make sure it will boot the system before I commit it to the main Drive. When I am satisfied all is working well as before, I will then copy the new folder to the main Drive but here is the thing, I always make a copy of the one I am removing and store it on a spare ssd Drive where I keep all my bits and pieces just incase I have to revert back (I don't trust Time Machine in Betas or any backup software). Yes it's a bit O/T but gives me confidence incase I mess up. :) 

PS - My P/C Case has an X-DOCK and my config.plist has a patch to Hot Plug Drives so that I can plug in and out SSD Drives on the Fly so copying and storing files is a breeze.

Edited by eSaF
Add a sentence.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

@MorenoAv Congratulations on your success.

May be comparing your previous EFI and the current one might give a clue on what changes might have fixed your issue.

Also compare your config.plist, so in future you know, what to look for if this issue crops up again....

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lottenow said:

I still have the same problem as well. Have you tried booting in safe mode (use -x boot-arg)?

Safe mode doesn't work.  We need the IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice.kext to work.  We can't bypass it using Safe Mode.  

Can you please post your specs?  I'm wondering if this is a problem only with HP laptops or with Kabylake-R laptops or if our hardware has anything in common beside this problem.  Thanks.

Edited by mnfesq

use USBPort.kext

use 

Your intel hd is 620? Are you get fully acceleration video? HVEC too? Only think that im not solved yeat...