[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You may have a point there because I just swopped out the EFI Folder for the one I used in Beta1, rebooted, cleaned the NVRAM and now all is well so what ever it was is gone. :thumbsup_anim:

No I celebrated too soon because after a couple of reboots it's back. I will investigate further.

• Haha 1

Just now, Blu24 said:

There is a lot that needs to be fixed. if your still have issues I can configure it for you but it’s better if you do it.

To be corrected:

Please delete all archived and disabled folders

• SSDT-EC-USBX(disabled) is missing from your APCI folder also you have not injected your EFI folder.
  • Set to true AppleCpuPmCfgLock, AppleXcpmCfgLock,ApplePanic
  • ScanPolicy set to 0
  • Remove: booter-fileset-kernel booter-fileset-basesystem(not needed for 0.6.0 issue has been addressed)
  • boot-args: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 slide=1
  • -lilubetaall (not needed for 0.6.0 issue has been addressed)

Let me know how you get on

Thanks. 

Some precisions:

• USBX is included in USBPorts.kext @AudioGod's kext
  • The BIOS is unlock so AppleCpuPmCfgLock, AppleXcpmCfgLock not needed
  •  booter-fileset-kernel booter-fileset-basesystem, lilubetaall are removed in USB. I upload the wrong config.plist
  • I have no sound with alcid=1 on Catalina
  • My Scanpolicy work fine on Catalina

My issue: Second stage, macOS Big Sur stuck at less than one minute (with Apple logo and progress bar). I can boot from USB drive. Maybe Important: I try to install Big Sur on external drive connected to USB3 front panel.

I let you know other test 

51 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. 

Some precisions:

• USBX is included in USBPorts.kext @AudioGod's kext
  • The BIOS is unlock so AppleCpuPmCfgLock, AppleXcpmCfgLock not needed
  •  booter-fileset-kernel booter-fileset-basesystem, lilubetaall are removed in USB. I upload the wrong config.plist
  • I have no sound with alcid=1 on Catalina
  • My Scanpolicy work fine on Catalina

My issue: Second stage, macOS Big Sur stuck at less than one minute (with Apple logo and progress bar). I can boot from USB drive. Maybe Important: I try to install Big Sur on external drive connected to USB3 front panel.

I let you know other test 

sorry, This boot-args should work with your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=16 shikigva=80

OpenCore recommends USBMap.kext.

This USBMap.kext is configured for Aorus Master

USBMap.kext.zip (iMac19,1)

Edited by Blu24
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

sorry, This boot-args should work with your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master

keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=16 shikigva=80

OpenCore recommends USBMap.kext.

This USBMap.kext is configured for Aorus Master

USBMap.kext.zip (iMac19,1)

Always same issue: Second stage, macOS Big Sur stuck at less than one minute (with Apple logo and progress bar). :cry: It's incredible !

TODO:

• Redownload macOS Big Sur Beta Full installer
  • recreate USB Installer createinstallmedia method

Do you know the right way for createinstallmedia Big Sur Beta 2, maybe I make a mistake !

I don't know why, but I can only boot to desktop with  booter-fileset-kernel booter-fileset-basesystem nvram settings.
If I try to boot using kernel collections, It boots to a black screen and a mouse pointer. I see nothing else. 

20 minutes ago, Taruga said:

I don't know why, but I can only boot to desktop with  booter-fileset-kernel booter-fileset-basesystem nvram settings.
If I try to boot using kernel collections, It boots to a black screen and a mouse pointer. I see nothing else. 

Disable AirportBrcmFixup.kext. But you'll have no wifi.

35 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Always same issue: Second stage, macOS Big Sur stuck at less than one minute (with Apple logo and progress bar). :cry: It's incredible !

TODO:

Do you know the right way for createinstallmedia Big Sur Beta 2, maybe I make a mistake !

I'm going to compile the latest EFI for you. I'll be back in about 40 minutes :)

7 hours ago, pg7 said:

test with this EFI and say if you already have the HDD all in the OC menu!

mnfesq OC HP.zip

Thanks but it did not work.  I kept getting a KP due to VoodooInput.kext.  I tried adjusting the settings but could not get the EFI to boot even though it is mostly identical to mine.

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

No I celebrated too soon because after a couple of reboots it's back. I will investigate further.

Ok - I don't know what fixed the recurring files in the Bin after every boot up but I rolled back to an earlier EFI Folder with a clean install and it seems to be fixed, so fingers crossed I am hoping the problem is solved but will keep an eye on it over time.

My only problem is the HEVC or better said the lack of HEVC, anyone knows how do I fix it?

Without HEVC I have no Netflix in safari, edge or firefox... 

Thanks

3 hours ago, chris1111 said:

It is with great pride that I announce the boot on the HP ProBook 6570B With the latest OpenCore Boottloader

I just say thanks to the DEVS and all friends Users:wink_anim:

IMG_2256.thumb.jpeg.2721311110c8e9d9af73394a37b39993.jpeg

I am jealous that your HP can see your internal drives while mine cannot.  Could you please post your DSDT for your HP ProBook (and any SATA SSDT) so that I can compare the code with mine and see if mine is missing something.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Thanks but it did not work.  I kept getting a KP due to VoodooInput.kext.  I tried adjusting the settings but could not get the EFI to boot even though it is mostly identical to mine.

I had your same problem. You must use the latest VoodooPS2 by acidanthera (which also contains VoodooInput), and you will no longer have any KP

Edited by dariuxzy

38 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I am jealous that your HP can see your internal drives while mine cannot.  Could you please post your DSDT for your HP ProBook (and any SATA SSDT) so that I can compare the code with mine and see if mine is missing something.  Thanks.

Let my finish I will gives you All .AML file

EDIT File attach

DSDT:SSDT.zip

origin.zip

Edited by chris1111

5 minutes ago, dariuxzy said:

I had your same problem. You must use the latest VoodooPS2 by acidanthera (which also contains VoodooInput), and you will no longer have any KP

Thanks, but I was using version 2.16.

23 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

You don't see internal drives or Mac partitions? I have HP ProBook 4540s and I can't saw the Mac partitions at the time. If so, look at my earlier post and maybe will fix your problem.

22 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

You don't see internal drives or Mac partitions? I have HP ProBook 4540s and I can't saw the Mac partitions at the time. If so, look at my earlier post and maybe will fix your problem.

I tried your fix but it didn't work for me.  Thanks for responding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

TODO:

Hi Matgen84,

I've compiled an EFI for your Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master motherboard. I'm 95% sure it will work

Boot into your USB then select OpenCore

kSLPBBo.thumb.jpg.8af48672dc434fbd5faca7517471882d.jpg

You only need to change

• MLB
  • SystemSerialNumber
  • SystemUUID

EFI.zip

Edited by Blu24
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, greythorne said:

Please refer to my post few pages back. Had the exact same issues. Realized that the Lilu.kext is the issue. Compiled the latest Debug and problem was solved! No idea why when i compiled the latest release version got the same error.

Using the latest debug verson of lilu worked for me too. The Big Sur vanilla USB installer now boots successfully (will just be starting to install Big Sur now so i don' know yet if the install will be successful and if it will still work after install). Thanks a lot! 

20200711_040947.jpg

By now, everyone here must know that I am not able to connect to my internal drives (hdd, ssd, DVD/ATAPI) when I boot to BS installer or BS Beta 2 installed on an external USB drive.  Here is what I see when I boot up.  Immediately after what is in the photo, my laptop goes to the apple symbol and progress bar that indicates that graphics drivers have loaded.  It then boots up but only detects external USB drives.  I have tried every possible OC configuration and have used my native DSDT with no patches and still the problem persists.  Ideas would be appreciated. 

Spoiler

IMG_5185.thumb.jpg.f7142f87578801677dcc17721360b065.jpg

2 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

By now, everyone here must know that I am not able to connect to my internal drives (hdd, ssd, DVD/ATAPI) when I boot to BS installer or BS Beta 2 installed on an external USB drive.  Here is what I see when I boot up.  Immediately after what is in the photo, my laptop goes to the apple symbol and progress bar that indicates that graphics drivers have loaded.  It then boots up but only detects external USB drives.  I have tried every possible OC configuration and have used my native DSDT with no patches and still the problem persists.  Ideas would be appreciated. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_5185.thumb.jpg.f7142f87578801677dcc17721360b065.jpg

I give's you the aml files

6 minutes ago, hohoho said:

Using the latest debug verson of lilu worked for me too. The Big Sur vanilla USB installer now boots successfully (will just be starting to install Big Sur now so i don' know yet if the install will be successful and if it will still work after install). Thanks a lot! 

20200711_040947.jpg

Good Luck :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:58 PM, jlcdgd said:

This is the error I am having while booting Gigabyte Designare x99 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz

Any help?

Thanks in advance

IMG_4364.thumb.jpeg.53678d777e966dcff7e24065f94185eb.jpeg

I have same issue with a Asus X99-s I assumed it may of been a MSR Lock issue, I had XLNC make a new patched BIOS and still doesn't work, I think X99's may be a lost cause at this stage with the beta.