1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

sudo kextcache -i / do not work on big sur

anyone know how to run sudo kextcache -i /

I've seen somewhere else something like:

kmutil install --update-all
kcditto

Not sure if this is it or not. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone, quick question... Since I've reported my success upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur Beta 2, I got a few requests asking me to upload my EFI folder.

Should I do it? I feel bad because it seems I don't want to help, however I'm afraid of someone else using my serial number or worst: My EFI folder screwing up someone else's Hackintosh...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Hi everyone, quick question... Since I've reported my success upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur Beta 2, I got a few requests asking me to upload my EFI folder.

Should I do it? I feel bad because it seems I don't want to help, however I'm afraid of someone else using my serial number or worst: My EFI folder screwing up someone else's Hackintosh...

It's easy - Mount your EFI Partition and right click and copy your EFI Folder and place it on the Desktop. Now open the folder you just place on the desktop. Go to your config.plist and open it with either Xcode or PlistEdit Pro and remove all your personal data i.e S/N, MLB, ROM. SmUUID etc, etc, now save the changes. Next Compress and Zip the whole Folder and upload

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

i solved now internal disk is appeared and clean installed using usb installer

if you using kabylake Sunrise point-Lp SATA Controller 8086 9d03 then remove SATA patch from DSDT and SSDT and config  no need patch

because 8086 9d03 SATA Controller nativelly supported

This seemed like a great idea but I copied all of the SATA code from my original DSDT and copied it to my custom DSDT, changed SAT0 to SATA to get it to compile but I still had the same problem on reboot.  I think you are on the right track for me, however.  I will likely be forced to start with a new OC set up that does not include my custom DSDT.  If I can get it to boot without my custom DSDT, I can determine whether that was the cause of my laptop's inability to see the SATA-connected drives.  Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Unfortunately one of those won’t fit in my specific laptop. Not much room.

Was just looking at a bcm94360ng, will that work with BS and below?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes my bro laptop has that card and it runs on all Mac OS even Big Sur 

• Like 1

macOS Big Sur Beta 1 & 2 Vanilla Install 

PwmxJvc.jpg

• Compiled 0.6.0 from source using OCBuilder(Release). Used my original settings from 0.5.9. for Coffee Lake.
  • Installed Big Sur beta 1 then upgraded to beta 2 without issues. Beta 1 & 2 takes about 30-45 minutes each to install, You have to be very patient.
  • Upgrading to beta 2 was very Smooth, macOS did everything automatically.    
  • Kext: AppleALC, IntelMausi, Lilu, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBMap , VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen
  • Boot- args: keepsyms=1, debug=0x100, alcid=1, slide=1, agdpmod=pikera
  • ACPI: SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-PMC
  • Drivers: HfsPlus.efi, OpenCanopy.efi, OpenRuntime.efi

My assumption is if your EFI is configured correctly. All you need to do is compile a mirrored version to 0.6.0. and hopefully, it should work.

Working:

• Ethernet
  • Onboard Audio
  • Sleep/Wake
  • Hand-off
  • iMessage
  • App Store
  • Handoff
  • Bluetooth & Wi-Fi [Fenvi FV-HB1200 ]
  • Airdrop
  • AirPlay
  • Continuity
  • iTunes Movies
  • Apple TV+
  • Power Nap
  • Sidecar
  • Hardware Acceleration
Edited by Blu24
  • Like 6

Sorry to ask again, but how to rollback to Catalina wifi drivers?

Thanks

p.s. 

I tried this guide https://medium.com/@andv/making-wifi-on-big-sur-unsupported-macs-with-failed-with-66-error-36c98e3f7965 but ended up reinstalling cause the system did not run

Edited by JahStories

3 hours ago, mnfesq said:

This seemed like a great idea but I copied all of the SATA code from my original DSDT and copied it to my custom DSDT, changed SAT0 to SATA to get it to compile but I still had the same problem on reboot.  I think you are on the right track for me, however.  I will likely be forced to start with a new OC set up that does not include my custom DSDT.  If I can get it to boot without my custom DSDT, I can determine whether that was the cause of my laptop's inability to see the SATA-connected drives.  Thanks.

I have removed sata patch from patched DSDT and config then

Appeared my drive in disk utility 

Natively support 8086 9d03 controller

52 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

I am not using any DSDT.  I am only using SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-PNLF and SSDT-EC, none of which should impact SATA. I have to assume that it is my OC config.plist that is the problem.  I hate to mess with it because I have it set now where it always boots up no matter what changes I make to my ACPI or kexts.  Still, the disk utility on my USB Flash drive shows only the flash drive and no other internally-connected drives, not even the DVD drive.

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I am not using any DSDT.  I am only using SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-PNLF and SSDT-EC, none of which should impact SATA. I have to assume that it is my OC config.plist that is the problem.  I hate to mess with it because I have it set now where it always boots up no matter what changes I make to my ACPI or kexts.  Still, the disk utility on my USB Flash drive shows only the flash drive and no other internally-connected drives, not even the DVD drive.

Try this:

1. UEFI - APFS - EnableJumpstart - NO

2. UEFI - Drivers - ApfsDriverLoader.efi (put it in drivers folder)

3. UEFI - Quirks - UnblockFSConnect - YES

Spoiler

Captură de ecran din 2020-07-10 la 02.25.45.png

ApfsDriverLoader.efi

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Is there a way to use the Catalina IO2011family.kext in big Sur? I’d like to get my DW1820A working while I wait for a new card to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://medium.com/@andv/making-wifi-on-big-sur-unsupported-macs-with-failed-with-66-error-36c98e3f7965

Does anyone have the Aquantia AQC107 card working in Big Sur?  My pcie one doesn’t load, but works in Catalina. I even tried the Catalina Aquantia kext and it doesn’t work.

Very strange. 

5 minutes ago, dehjomz said:

Does anyone have the Aquantia AQC107 card working in Big Sur?  My pcie one doesn’t load, but works in Catalina. I even tried the Catalina Aquantia kext and it doesn’t work.

Very strange. 

You can try this patch, which works for me.

On 7/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, pg7 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Capture d'écran 2020-07-09 à 00.33.31.png

Hide contents

1968960641_Capturedecran2020-07-09a00_13_28.thumb.png.6a8677354107476cf14dcff8e4715392.png

HP Envy Recline 23 Haswell Boot Clover Quirks!

Could you please post your DSDT?  I would like to compare the SAT0 device in your DSDT with mine and see if mine is missing something.  Can you also check to see if you have an SSDT for SAT0 and post that as well?  Thanks.  I'm running out of ideas about why my HDD/SSD/DVD drives cannot be detected by Big Sur.

4 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

Could you please post your DSDT and SSDT for your SATA device?  Thanks.  I'm hoping I will see some method or other code in your DSDT that is missing in mine that makes your installation of Big Sur see your HDD/SSD/DVD drives.

3 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Could you please post your DSDT and SSDT for your SATA device?  Thanks.  I'm hoping I will see some method or other code in your DSDT that is missing in mine that makes your installation of Big Sur see your HDD/SSD/DVD drives.

now i m not at home

Tommorow i will share my DSDT remember i just only use DSDT not to use SSDT

Please tell me about your SATA controller

9 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

You didn't snapshot. What is your setup?

Thanks for the reply. I don’t know what a snapshot is, but do you mean my laptop specs?

Acer Aspire 3 (A315-51-51B0)

Intel i5-7200u (intel hd 620)

12 GB ram

7 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

now i m not at home

Tommorow i will share my DSDT remember i just only use DSDT not to use SSDT

Please tell me about your SATA controller

Same as yours:  Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller (AHCI mode) 9D03, 8086.

Edited by mnfesq