[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

I'm trying to boot from Clover mod Big Sur beta 2 USB Installer but getting those errors 

service exited due to SIGABRT

service exited due to SIGIL L

Spoiler

19752d88-34cd-4db5-9b61-5a1e76dc10e2.thumb.png.60453b082ade4d6c8ddd9a2b16452658.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, lottenow said:

I am still trying to wrap my head around why Big Sur cannot load internal disks.

Has anyone found a solution yet?

No luck here but I have made some advances in my understanding of the problem.  The problem lies with the new AHCIFamily.kext and more particularly the IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver.kext.  It simply cannot read the internal drive information.  I tried using the AHCIPortInjector.kext but it did not solve the problem.  The problem is NOT that it cannot read internal vs. external drives.  The problem is that Big Sur cannot read SATA drives (i.e., drives physically connected to PRT.). You can see this if you use IORegExplorer.  I am thinking that this problem is not related to our hardware but I can't say for sure.  I have the Intel Series 10 chipset.  I have a custom DSDT and, among other things, I changed all references from SAT0 to SATA.  Without my custom DSDT, I cannot boot to Big Sur at all so I can't really test whether the problem is in some DSDT patch(es).  I also tried changing the SMBIOS from my usual MBP14,3 to iMac19,2 but also without success.  I was thinking that Apple might not allow internal drives that do not belong on that Mac model.   I may still try some type of MacPro since it can have a variety of internal drives.  I was asked by @SavageAUS if I could use a hot-plug SATA port but alas, my laptop does not have one to test that out.  BTW, my BIOS has very few options but, by default, it is set to AHCI, not IDE or RAID.  In fact, there is no option to change the SATA settings.  That's where I am so far.  I have not given up but I have spent way too many hours this month not working so that I could try to figure this out.

• Like 1

Had a few bored  hours so decided to build a USB installer of Beta2 so I could do a completely fresh install. Some of the things I learnt along the way, It doesn't play very well on external Disks (on my machine anyway, it will install but will go into a reboot loop) also try to remove other OS if you're multi-booting. Apart from what I mentioned, building the installer was not as frantic as trying to install Beta1, So now I have a vanilla install and a knowledge of what is necessary unless Apple decides throw a curve ball on the next Beta. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eSaF said:

@dariuxzy - To get past that point (constant re-boots) I had to find and download Beta2 independently and then directly update over Beta1. The Inbuilt Updater gave me that error so I had to use the fore mentioned work around. Good luck.

Ok thanks. I'll try

13 hours ago, mnfesq said:

No luck here but I have made some advances in my understanding of the problem.  The problem lies with the new AHCIFamily.kext and more particularly the IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver.kext.  It simply cannot read the internal drive information.  I tried using the AHCIPortInjector.kext but it did not solve the problem.  The problem is NOT that it cannot read internal vs. external drives.  The problem is that Big Sur cannot read SATA drives (i.e., drives physically connected to PRT.). You can see this if you use IORegExplorer.  I am thinking that this problem is not related to our hardware but I can't say for sure.  I have the Intel Series 10 chipset.  I have a custom DSDT and, among other things, I changed all references from SAT0 to SATA.  Without my custom DSDT, I cannot boot to Big Sur at all so I can't really test whether the problem is in some DSDT patch(es).  I also tried changing the SMBIOS from my usual MBP14,3 to iMac19,2 but also without success.  I was thinking that Apple might not allow internal drives that do not belong on that Mac model.   I may still try some type of MacPro since it can have a variety of internal drives.  I was asked by @SavageAUS if I could use a hot-plug SATA port but alas, my laptop does not have one to test that out.  BTW, my BIOS has very few options but, by default, it is set to AHCI, not IDE or RAID.  In fact, there is no option to change the SATA settings.  That's where I am so far.  I have not given up but I have spent way too many hours this month not working so that I could try to figure this out.

Thanks for the thorough explanation @mnfesq!

Yes, I think the problem lies with the system and the way our ACPIs are configured.

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder? What SSDs models are you using?

The fact that the SSD does not match the model of the actual SMBIOS is unrelated IMO, as MacBooks and MacMini have different models than what Hackintosh users use anyhow, and they still manage to boot.

I tried enabling ThirdPartyDrives as well as TRIM, but that didn't make any difference.

I am now trying to see whether I could potentially use the kext from the latest Catalina release, but I obviously get a KP as it is pre-linked in Big Sur. I have already copied this in Kexts, as well as enabling them under Kernel.

Is there a way to block a kext from loading in OC or bypass this?

Thanks in advance!

366895CB-ED11-4B40-A501-E436A122214A.thumb.jpeg.9d824ef1636d14ff7f22f2eb3fdc9708.jpeg

Anyone of you have the new Lilu, build from master?

Back from one more fresh install, the last one was gone at the first reboot, the apple logo appears and the loading bar was grey and empty... so I decided to star anew, and here I am...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

i solved now internal disk is appeared and clean installed using usb installer

if you using kabylake Sunrise point-Lp SATA Controller 8086 9d03 then remove SATA patch from DSDT and SSDT and config  no need patch

because 8086 9d03 SATA Controller nativelly supported

Edited by ameenjuz
edited
  • Like 2

i have installed the beta2 succesfully... use oc 0.6.0,latest kexts,then i added the vsmcgen=1,run-efu-update into the old config.plist i use in the macos10.15.5...then boot from usb installer and finished the install...thanks @Cyberdevs

• Like 2

I got caught in the boot loop doing the install over beta 1 so I decided to make a USB installer with Beta 2, doing some work with the EFI, the USB installer booted and I was able to install a fresh copy onto a SSD, all working now, I did have to select RESET NVRAM after copying the EFI folder from the USB to the SSD but after that it booted fine.

Everything working on the HP 800 G1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

So what is the go to WiFi chip for laptops for Big Sur and below?
I have m.2 A/E key
Broadcom BCM94360

or

Broadcom BCM94352

Also new kexts just built from master.
Pick what you need.

New Kexts.zip

bcm94360cs works oob for me on my laptop and desktop 

bcm94360cs works oob for me on my laptop and desktop 

Unfortunately none of those won’t fit in my specific laptop. Not much room.

Was just looking at a bcm94360ng, will that work with BS and below?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, MaLd0n said:

Here. Folder for Skylake+. in some cases need change things in Booter Quirks

EFI BigSur Skylake+.zip

Some observations

Boot from USB / Disable booter-fileset-kernel and booter-fileset-basesystem

Boot from SSD / Enable these options if need

Work in beta 2 too

Create your USB stick with createinstallmedia and paste this EFI folder into EFI partition, reboot, Reset Nvram

Thanks for this. Installed Big Sure Beta 2 on my Thinkpad X260 using your OC config and then booted via modded Clover 5119 (I dual boot Windows so Clover works better for me). Everything working 100%, only issue was with SMCBatteryManager so I reverted to ACPIBatteryManager until it gets sorted.

I'm attaching my EFI folder for the Thinkpad X260 i7-6600u with Bios 1.43.

rRHMiEy.jpg

ThinkpadX260BigSurEFI.zip

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Ça y est! Success USB Installer

Masquer le contenu

img_2213.jpg.9c3799ac84f4c1baff462f1d922149ad.jpg

hello Chris, on which of your machines? for days I have been looking for resolution of this error that I posted yesterday! I will convince today but this complicated, I do not want to test on other machines but on my Dell Vostro 2520 intel i3-3110M HD4000 with a restore dmg to HDD works normal but for clean installation from my USB Install it blocks after starting all the install and impossible to continue because it makes me a KP! thank you for your answers

FR:

bonjour Chris, sur quelle de vous machines ? 

depuis des jours je suis a la recherche de resolution de ce erreur que j'ai postee hier ! 

je vais persuivre aujourd'hui mais ce compliquee, je ne veux pas tester sur des outres machines mais sur mon Dell Vostro 2520 intel i3-3110M HD4000 

avec un restaure dmg vers le HDD marche normal mais pour installation propre depuis mon USB Install il bloque apres le demarrage de tout le install et impossible de continuer car il me fait un KP !

merci de vous reponses