[GUIDE] Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma, Sequoia on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh

deeveedee
930 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@PlutoDelic My comments were not referencing the HDMI module, but hiphopboy's repeated posts here that may lead some to believe he is posting about an EliteDesk 800 Mini (which he is not).

I installed Sequoia on my EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini using the OC 1.0.0 EFI attached to Post #1 and the following updates.  All (including sleep) is working well.

• AppleALC.kext updated to Acidanthera Beta
  • WhateverGreen.kext updated to Acidanthera Beta
  • Lilu.kext updated to Acidanthera Beta

With the Beta kexts, there is no need for -lilubetaall boot-arg

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PlutoDelic said:

Both of you are correct, those Modules work for a wide variety of HP's, even on HP's that are not part of the support roster.

@hiphopboy Do you have the one from Page 3 or Page 5 (LINK)

Exactly Page 3 which i'm using on my Hp 800 G4, stable hdmi with Xiaomi Display, at my kind, the same with board, configuration, and Mini can booting on my 800 G4 SFF and i think it's stable with G4 SFF and Mini, in my siganature with configuration so i think everyone can see it, no one see the part with mini

I already upgrade the new driver so my hack still boot no need the -lilubeta, i'm using lilubeta just Bluetoolfixup not yet update to the version support with Sequioa

Edited by hiphopboy

Posted (edited)

@hiphopboy You are posting non-Mini test results in a Mini thread.  That's all I am saying.  The two have different BIOS and different USB maps.  When you post comments saying things like "sleep doesn't work," there is no way to know whether it is because you did something wrong in your EFI (which is different from the one that I provide in this thread) or.a mistake that you have made in your USB mapping.

Since sleep worked fine for me with -lilubetaall and with replacing the Acidanthera kexts here, your comment indicating that sleep doesn't work appears to me to be unique to your SFF (which is different from the Mini documented in this thread).

Let me be clear - you are free to post statements about your SFF in this thread.  I can't stop you from doing that.  I'm a regular user just like you who is providing my work here voluntarily.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I see "Fixed `ThirdPartyDrives` quirk on macOS 14.4 and above" in the Open Core 1.0.1 Change Log.  Apparently, OC 1.0.1 is required for SATA SSD Trim in macOS 14.4+.  This fix would affect anyone using a SATA SSD in their hack.

EDIT: Since there are EFI updates required for Sequoia, I will be posting a new EFI when Open Core 1.0.1 is released.  This new EFI will include new OC 1.0.1 binaries and updated kexts AppleALC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 3

Use @lorys89 RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.4 Beta here or use RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.3 with -lilubetaall (or -revbeta) boot-arg  in order to see the latest Sequoia Beta update.

Screenshot2024-06-24at3_09_39PM.png.631ffb95b26de1e8b82665e04b973033.png

Edited by deeveedee
Added note about using RistrictEvents.kext 1.1.3 with boot-arg
  • Like 3