Catalina on Dell Latitude E6410 (Nvidia Graphics) With Working Sleep

deeveedee

306 posts in this topic

If you're using the MaciASL I posted, I don't know why you're getting the error.  

Please try both of the attached DSDTs and let me know if one of them resolves the display problem for you.  Thank you.

DSDT.NOPNLF.zip

DSDT.NOpwm.zip

EDIT: I tested my laptop with these two DSDT candidates.  With DSDT.NOPNLF (removed Device (PNLF)), sleep on lid closure does not work.  With DSDT.NOpwm (removed pwm-info from GFX0._DSM), I don't notice any difference.

The attached screenshot shows a cosmetic issue with the Display Preferences after upgrading to 10.15.4.  This is a known issue with the patched legacy video and does not affect display performance.  Since the brightness slider doesn't work (and won't be visible if you don't have Device (PNLF) in your DSDT), this does not need to be fixed and does not affect operation of this Dell Latitude E6410.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 9.15.49 AM.png

The NOPNLF did the job! Thank you so much! No blinks at all.

With NOpwm the screen turns black again and blinks.

My sleep always was only by selected at apple logo/sleep, never worked on lid closure. But its enough.

Because of the display issues reported by @vbmota which were resolved by removing Device (PNLF) from the DSDT, I have removed Device (PNLF) from my DSDT.  My current DSDT is attached to this post.  Device (PNLF) is required for Lid Sleep, so I am enabling the Clover PNLF patch.  If you have issues with your display, please try the attached DSDT. If you use the attached DSDT and do not enable the Clover PNLF patch, your Latitude E6410 will not sleep when you close the lid.

DSDT.zip

Finally, my tetra (4) boot system on my Latitude E6510 with your help.

Mavericks, Mojave, Catalina and Windows 10.

Thanks a lot. 

Captura de Tela 2020-04-30 às 21.13.00.png

Edited by vbmota
  • Like 1

EDIT: Post #1 in this thread is now updated with this new package.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is my current EFI / LE package for the Latitude E6410 (Nvidia Graphics).  This package has the following attributes:

• DSDT does not include Device (PNLF).  Users who need Device (PNLF) (e.g. for sleep on lid closure) must enable the Clover PNLF patch.
  • Clover config.plist enables the Clover PNLF patch.  Users who have display issues with Device (PNLF) must disable the PNLF patch in the Clover config.plist
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext are assumed to be loaded in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.  All other 3rd-party kexts are assumed to be properly installed in /Library/Extensions.  Move all 3rd-party kexts to E/C/k/O if that is your preference.
  • Clover Drivers are from Clover Bootloader r5115 which is the Clover version I'm using at the time of this post.
  • Users must replace ### MASKED ### strings in Clover config.plist with their own values.

E6410-Catalina-4v2.zip

Edited by tonyx86
  • Thanks 1

My system boots High Sierra 10.13.6, Mojave 10.14.6 and Catalina 10.15.4 with the EFI and LE that I have attached to Post #1.  You can choose my implementation (which places some 3rd-party kexts in E/C/k/O and some in /L/E) or you can move all 3rd-party kexts to E/C/k/O.  It's up to you.  Both kext installation strategies should work fine.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for off topic, but I have some issues with my Time Machine backups... It says my backups are for other computer whatever I do.

Its something about my config.plist? 5 minutes after made a backup and reboot in recover mode try to use it without success.

@vbmota I don't know enough about Time Machine to answer your question.  Sorry - maybe one of the moderators catches this and can help you.

When you get a chance, can you test the attached DSDT with the PNLF patch enabled on your Latitude E6410?  I'd like to see if this resolves the display flicker that you experienced.  I inspected the DSDT and realized that I had applied an old Rehabman IRQ patch.  I change the IRQ patch for HPET.  Please let me know if the attached DSDT resolves your display problem when the PNLF patch is enabled in Clover config.plist.  Thank you.

DSDT.zip

Yes, it works without flickers.

But I have some issues with my bluetooth now... I dont know why.

I did changes yesterday and I am fighting with it. haha.

My model is the same as yours, I bought one Broadcom BCM 94352HMB

@vbmota Just to confirm - If you use the latest DSDT that I attached to my previous post and you enable the PNLF patch in Clover config.plist, the display works without any problems?  In other words, my HPET IRQ change fixes the display problem?  Also, when you use the latest DSDT attached to my previous post and you enable PNLF patch in Clover config.plist, does your laptop sleep when you close the lid (wait 35 seconds after closing lid in Catalina).

I didnt enable PNLF in Clover. Have I? Sorry man, I was fighting hard with 3 bootable macos and after all, I tested once. After that, I return the DSDT from the previous post and making decisions about kexts. After all, could see I dont need ACPIBattery in Catalina, and have had many problems with boot and bluetooth in this notebook. 

Your Clover config.plist, Clover drivers and kexts in E/C/k/O are different from what I've described in this thread.  Other than that, it looks perfect ;)

The two DSDTs that I generated for you (here) were without Device (PNLF) and without pwm-info as described.  I am no longer including either of these in my latest DSDT.  Those who want Device (PNLF) must add it by enabling it in Clover config.plist.  Device (PNLF) is required to enable sleep on lid closure.  pwm-info was something I had including when trying to get the brightness slider to work.

My bluetooth at Mojave is working normal and can pair with my two jbls soundboxes and my airpods.

Edit Fixed: At Catalina it wont happens! Its hard to see the device and when it see it, got some pair but disconnects moments after.

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext was my problem at Catalina. I simply delete it and reboot. All devices connects to bluetooth.

Edit 2: Im using BrcmPatchRAM2.kext with Mojave and

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext with Catalina. The others are the same.

Edit 2: I mess around with some kexts and the Bluetooth is buggy for me sometimes.

Can you define (explain what they do) witch kexts are relatively to Broadcom BCM 94352HMB?

Edit 3: Its ok to put BrcmPatchRAM3 in Clover/k/o to running macos 10.14 or below?

Edited by vbmota

@tonyx86 I dont know if you are searching a way to enable the brightness buttons or something... 

Yesterday, was messing around with an old DSDT and without intention I could use 2 keys that enable the brightness graphics (keys from external an usb Genius Keyboard scroll and pause).

Is attached, if you are interested.

DSDT.aml