Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

Sounds like francisfjl's bios is resetting the boot order or something is tripping the change. I noticed mine did the samething couple times but in favor of opencore partition. Perhaps turn on SkipBootEntryCheck?

10 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Se o Windows estiver inicializando através de uma entrada personalizada, verifique se a seção "Argumentos" dentro de Misc / Entradas está vazia.1793821990_ScreenShot2020-04-28at20_45_27.thumb.png.6a57ca02df45aae8068c2968c5babe5a.png

Se o Windows estiver inicializando através de uma entrada personalizada, verifique se a seção "Argumentos" dentro de Misc / Entradas está vazia.

Yes there is nothing there, this field is totally empty!

Captura de Tela 2020-04-29 às 11.06.26.png

I have a hard time now finding the root pci address I tried a program but it doesn't seem to be working with Catalina

I would like to remember that with pure openCore release there is no such problem.

Edited by francisjfl

Guys please let's keep the thread civil and reframe from hurling insults. Without judging who is right or wrong we are all here to learn and when necessary help one another. Call me a sceptic but I have a theory that the CV19 scourge was placed upon us so that we could come together as one and forget our petty prejudices. We are all one under the sun.

• Like 5

@eSaF is totally right so please People this is a thread for NDK OpenCore not being an absolute idiot on. Please take your bickering private and do not go off topic.

grow up you lot and show some respect to NDK and he’s thread please.

Thank you :thumbsdown_anim:

• Like 3

Just now, AudioGod said:

@eSaF is totally right so please People this is a thread for NDK OpenCore not being an absolute idiot on. Please take your bickering private and do not go off topic.

grow up you lot and show some respect to NDK and he’s thread please.

Thank you :thumbsdown_anim:

100%

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 4:47 AM, btwise said:

@ndk

In the latest build script,

cp -r "${selfdir}/Utilities/BootInstall" tmp/Utilities/ || exit 1

is invalid, because the Utilities/BootInstall folder not exists!

it has been moved to Duetpkg

so now the new path is:  Opencorepkg/UDK/DuetPkg/BootLoader/bin

i suggest you wait for ndk to make the new modifications. 

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

it has been moved to Duetpkg

so now the new path is:  Opencorepkg/UDK/DuetPkg/BootLoader/bin

i suggest you wait for ndk to make the new modifications. 

@btwise

The modification is already there: commit  1133914

Edited by Matgen84

Hi All

I can't boot windows 10 with Latest version 0.5.8

But 0.5.7 windows 10 can boot.1594144202_ScreenShot2020-05-03at7_02_12AM.png.821dd20f815d660763d5ddd77e7270cb.png

• Confused 1

Hi all, 

Today at boot my OpenCore 0.5.8 displayed one msg that I can't read because is so quick, and today I tried and succeeded to take a photo from my screen and the result is the photo below. "OCS: No schema for Protocols at 5 index" what is this and how can I solve it?

IMG_6373.jpg

Edited by MorenoAv

20 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all, 

Today at boot my OpenCore 0.5.8 displayed one msg that I can't read because is so quick, and today I tried and succeeded to take a photo from my screen and the result is the photo below. "OCS: No schema for Protocols at 5 index" what is this and how can I solve it?

IMG_6373.jpg

Protocols was renamed to ProtocolOverrides.

Always read Differences.pdf when you try a new build as certain config.plist entries may have changed, added or deleted.

47 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @MacNB

Thanks to your answer, and I have read the Differences.pdf but didn't notice that, but I wanted to know if I have to do anything or not?

It's in the document but can be missed.

Just rename Protocols to ProtocolOverrides.

Hi all, 

Where are the dark icons in the icons folder? Or better said how can we change light with dark icons?

Thanks

@Matgen84 do you know how to make the change?

Edited by MorenoAv

11 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all, 

Where are the dark icons in the icons folder? Or better said how can we change light with dark icons?

Thanks

@Matgen84 do you know how to make the change?

Hi @MorenoAv

I don't test. Do you try To replace light icons sub-folder by dark icons sub-folder in your EFI folder: EFI/OC/Icons

17 hours ago, LAbyOne said:

@n.d.k

The bootpicker is failing to build right now, i guess the new changes to OC 0.5.9 broke something.

@n.d.k Same here of course.

Existing directory

/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2545:26: error: no member named 'IsAuxiliary' in 'struct OC_BOOT_ENTRY_'
      BootEntries[Index].IsAuxiliary = Context->CustomEntries[CustomEntryIndex].Auxiliary;
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2562:34: error: no member named 'IsAuxiliary' in 'struct OC_BOOT_ENTRY_'
          || (BootEntries[Index].IsAuxiliary && !ShowAll)) {
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2644:41: error: no member named 'IsAuxiliary' in 'struct OC_BOOT_ENTRY_'
          && !BootEntries[DefaultEntry].IsAuxiliary
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2734:50: error: no member named 'IsAuxiliary' in 'struct OC_BOOT_ENTRY_'
          && !BootEntries[VisibleList[KeyIndex]].IsAuxiliary
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^
Building ... /Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Conf/.cache/EA4BB293-2D7F-4456-A681-1F22F42CD0BCShell.inf [X64]
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2840:7: error: too many arguments to function call, expected 2, have 6
      &Entries,
      ^~~~~~~~~
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Include/Library/OcBootManagementLib.h:736:1: note: 'OcScanForBootEntries' declared here
OC_BOOT_CONTEXT *
^
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2894:7: error: implicit declaration of function 'OcFreeBootEntries' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      OcFreeBootEntries (Entries, EntryCount);
      ^
/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2954:7: error: implicit declaration of function 'OcFreeBootEntries' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      ^
7 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/OUTPUT/NdkBootPicker.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/mathieu/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.inf [X64, XCODE5, DEBUG]

- Failed -

Clean directory

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/NdkBootPicker-master/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2954:7: error: implicit declaration of function 'OcFreeBootEntries' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
      ^
7 errors generated.
make: *** [/Users/mathieu/Desktop/NdkBootPicker-master/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/OUTPUT/NdkBootPicker.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/Desktop/NdkBootPicker-master/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/mathieu/Desktop/NdkBootPicker-master/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.inf [X64, XCODE5, DEBUG]

- Failed -

Edited by Matgen84

22 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Thanks @Matgen84, but where are the sub folder in my OC/Icons?

I have built OC 0.5.9 yesterday night and it built with no errors, today I didn't try again...

@MorenoAv sorry for my poor English: I means replace icons folder (light) by icons folder (dark) from source.

• Thanks 1

It's done, the icons were at OC Master N-D-K/Themes. 

Thanks one more time @Matgen84

PS: I have built OC 0.5.9 again to look for the black icons and it build well and without errors.

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

opencore-version DBG-059-2020-05-07

broke Ndkbootpicker.

04:430 00:039 OC: OpenCore is loaded, showing boot menu...
04:457 00:026 OC: Handing off to external boot controller
04:488 00:030 OC: Incompatible external GUI protocol - 2 vs 4
04:522 00:034 OC: Ready for takeoff in 5000 us

• Sad 1