Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

For whatever reason, I can't build the last OpenCore 0.5.7... 

When I try to build it the picture below is the result...  

Captura de ecrã 2020-04-07, às 16.38.58.png

I need to update the buildscript. You can try again, git pull and ./ndk-macbuild.tool.

• Like 2

What is the trick to getting boot chime working? 
I understand the config somewhat but not clear.

also is wav the supported audio format?

I am using N.D.K fork 0.5.8 

Edited by foster

Hi guys,

No dice, I can't make this fork work, in my machine... could one of you tell me what is the problem with my EFI or config.plist?

Thanks in Advance

EFI NDK.zip

Edited by MorenoAv

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

No dice, I can't make this fork work, in my machine... could anyone of you tell me what is the problem with my EFI or config.plist?

Thanks in Advance

EFI NDK.zip

Do you use the Aorus Pro thread by @AudioGod He can help you. You can download a working NDK EFI folder for your mobo.

Hi @Matgen84

i managed to remake my config.plist and was able to install with OpenCore "official" and after talking with @n.d.k here yesterday I believed  that I was able to make it work, but I was wrong, no matter what I do, the boot menu is only text.

But I'll follow you suggestion and post there.

Thanks

Edited by MorenoAv

27 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @Matgen84

i managed to remake my config.plist and was able to install with OpenCore "official" and after talking with @n.d.k here yesterday I believed  that I was able to make it work, but I was wrong, no matter what I do, the boot menu is only text.

But I'll follow you suggestion and post there.

Thanks

On AudioGood thread, just download a already made NDK EFI folder to Aorus Pro, follow the instructions for BIOS if necessary. That all. It's working :thumbsup_anim:

4 minutes ago, matgeo said:

I'm a bit of confused.

If you don't want to use acpi patches and booter quirks for other os , should I use enable for all = yes or no ?

Use "No" if you want to use acpi patches and booter quirks only for macOS.

Hi all,

Quick question, because I can't boot... yet with this fork, I use official OpenCore 0.5.7, and installed NDKBootPicker, and it did't work but I'm wondering if it was because I have build the NDKBootPicker and it's version 0.5.8. So when I install it in 0.5.7 it fails I'm correct or wrong?

Thanks in Advance

Edited by MorenoAv

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all,

Quick question, because I can't boot... yet with this fork, I use official OpenCore 0.5.7, and installed NDKBootPicker, and it did't work but I'm wondering if it was because I have build the NDKBootPicker and it's version 0.5.8. So when I install it in 0.5.7 it fails I'm correct or wrong?

Thanks in Advance

When you compile NdkBootPicker from the source code using ndk-macbuild.tool, it will compile both current official OC and NdkBootPicker source code at the same time. You can find output result in the build folder.  If you use the OC Binary release, then there are also NdkBootPicker binary releases matched with last couple OC binary releases. So it's best to use matched pair.

• Thanks 1

Well, well, welllll yupiii, finally OpenCore 0.5.8 NDK fork, first I had to build OpenCore "official" 0.5.8, and then build again OpenCore NDK, and exchange the BOOTx64.efi and OpenCore.efi from NDK and the icons folder and voilá its working and I show you all when I learn how to make an screen shot of the boot... lol 

IMG_2219.jpg

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 2

One or two or three quick questions:

1 - How do I change the theme?

2 - I have another ssd with macOS Catalina but have clover as boot, is necessary to remove the clover from that ssd for the OpenCore to boot it? 

3 - Is 1 OpenCore able to boot various ssd or is necessary to install OpenCore in each ssd?

For now is all, lol...

Thanks in Advance

39 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

One or two or three quick questions:

1 - How do I change the theme?

2 - I have another ssd with macOS Catalina but have clover as boot, is necessary to remove the clover from that ssd for the OpenCore to boot it? 

3 - Is 1 OpenCore able to boot various ssd or is necessary to install OpenCore in each ssd?

For now is all, lol...

Thanks in Advance

Just swop out the Icons Folder for another one - It should boot other OS's with a small change in the config.plist I think it is Quirks/EnableForAll=Yes.

Edited by eSaF
Spelling

Hi @eSaF,

Thanks for your response, and now I know how to do it, but viewing my EFI Folder and the icons I don't have an themes folder, nor do I have the option in booster-quircks-EnableForAll=Yes... and I don't know why...

Captura de ecrã 2020-04-10, às 23.58.29.png

Captura de ecrã 2020-04-10, às 23.59.50.png

It's not called a themes Folder it is called an Icon Folder so look for that one - just swop that Folder out for one of your liking compatible to NDK OC, don't try using any from Clover though.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:21 PM, n.d.k said:

Using the Debug version and set the Misc->Security->ScanPolicy to 0, Misc->Debug->Target to 67 in config.plist to print the log to file.

With ScanPolicy = 0, everything will be scanned, to find out the device path to use for custom entry, the easy way is to boot into OS, and open the boot log file in EFI partition, and scroll it down to the very end of the log there will be a phrase like this:

OCB: Perform boot macOS Catalina to dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/NVMe(0x1,C7-20-B0-71-52-38-25-00)/HD(3,GPT,19A6AF21-1D8F-48F2-8A2D-99936C1D8F6C,0x11809000,0xB918948)/VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,9E98FF3F5985BA47A7B3932E0C4764D8)/\00CEED5C-B075-4252-882B-CE67ADA51166\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

The blue section is your device path for that OC use to boot to that entry.

You can repeat the step for every OS if you want to find out device path for that OS.

Set Timeout = 0 will disable the timeout

Using custom icons is possible by replacing the corresponding icon in Icons folder.  Icons size need to be 128x128 pixels

Hello there and thank you for the amazing job with the BootPicker. One question for you. How do you remove the Date and Time during bookpicker ( black background ) in the upper right corner there is date and time. 

Thank you.

Edited by Cursichell@