Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot! I have another general question on how transparency is handles of the png files. I try to Selector.png using Phtoshop, by whenever I try it is not visualised properly in the OC boot loader. It seems that it is somehow inverted, transparent areas in the file are visible. How do I properly save the png? Lets say a very simple example, I would like to have a grey circle as selector. Thanks :) Steffen

1 hour ago, steff89 said:

Thanks a lot! I have another general question on how transparency is handles of the png files. I try to Selector.png using Phtoshop, by whenever I try it is not visualised properly in the OC boot loader. It seems that it is somehow inverted, transparent areas in the file are visible. How do I properly save the png? Lets say a very simple example, I would like to have a grey circle as selector. Thanks :) Steffen

fyi, the selector.png was applied on underneath of the icon, not on top.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, eng_redaesm said:

ScreenShot-2020-03-10-051338.thumb.png.44eac4de815ac04b9a05f4ff362de1a6.png@n.d.k last commit as you lables names is crossed together  my screen resloution 1366*768

Is that the normal size for your text?...because it doesn't look proportionate with the icon size, did you turn off the auto scaling?

PS.  I just added a scaling down for text on screen height below 800px, hope it help, the text wasn't original scaled down since it didn't need to fit under icons before. Now it does, so scaling down is needed for your screen resolution.  Hope it work for ya...

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @n.d.k

Thanks for this improvement.

The font doesn't look proportionate with the icon size or I need smallest font for this theme ! 

ScreenShot-2020-03-09-141615.png

I scaled down the text a bit to allow couple more characters to fit. I don't have 1080p screen to test...so let me know how it turn out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, n.d.k said:

I scaled down the text a bit to allow couple more characters to fit. I don't have 1080p screen to test...so let me know how it turn out.

I test and let you know.

What is the font size by default!

EDIT 1: a little changes for scaling text under the icons. On the  right of the screen, date and version aren't in the same place as before. (red arrows on the screenshot)

EDIT 2: text rendering is not very good on my screen

Edited by Matgen84

7 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Is that the normal size for your text?...because it doesn't look proportionate with the icon size, did you turn off the auto scaling?

PS.  I just added a scaling down for text on screen height below 800px, hope it help, the text wasn't original scaled down since it didn't need to fit under icons before. Now it does, so scaling down is needed for your screen resolution.  Hope it work for ya...

how to scale the font and how to turn off autoscaling

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I test and let you know.

What is the font size by default!

EDIT 1: a little changes for scaling text under the icons. On the  right of the screen, date and version aren't in the same place as before. (red arrows on the screenshot)

EDIT 2: text rendering is not very good on my screen

It' result of scaling down the text.  There are no good solution, plus i don't have 1080p screen to test, You can turn off the text scaling with "No_text_scaling.png". The default font was 10W.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

It' result of scaling down the text.  There are no good solution, plus i don't have 1080p screen to test, You can turn off the text scaling with "No_text_scaling.png". The default font was 10W.

I add "No_text_scaling.png", there is no effects: same thing. In OcSimpleBootMenu.c, it's only for >=2160 (4K screen), if I understand well. My screen: 1920*1080.

Maybe it's better to remove this commit, I don't know.

On the  right of the screen, date and version are 1 cm from the edge of the display. (red arrows on the screenshot). Text rendering is not very good on my screen.

I have 1080p screen, so I can test for you!

Edited by Matgen84

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

I add "No_text_scaling.png", there is no effects: same thing. In OcSimpleBootMenu.c, it's only for >=2160 (4K screen), if I understand well. My screen: 1920*1080.

Maybe it's better to remove this commit, I don't know.

On the  right of the screen, date and version are 1 cm from the edge of the display. (red arrows on the screenshot). Text rendering is not very good on my screen.

I have 1080p screen, so I can test for you!

Done!...No scaling on anything for 1080p screen.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Done!...No scaling on anything for 1080p screen.

1080P icon label text will be crowded together!

50763536_-2020-03-11-042227.thumb.png.39ed7f99d00ef2311a989c8714c606c0.png

At 2K resolution, the text of the icon label will display normally, but the text content will be cut!

1896574912_-2020-03-11-042725.thumb.png.0685a95b99caab66d83f82d34256abf7.png

• Sad 1

Hi @n.d.k

I build latest commit NDK-Oc but there is a issue with label name on my 1920*1080 screen:

So, label text is a little too big for label.png. See screenshot below: e.g Install macOS

5 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Yeah, gotta say I liked the previous label text size better (like in my screenshot above) as it looked perfect on my 1440p screen. The new label text size is too large and words now get cut off.

I've some issue on my 1080p screen even with previous commit. Right, the new label text size is too large but the text rendering is always bad on my screen. @n.d.k find a solution, I think.

Hi @n.d.k

In the future, if you've time, a theme.plist is it possible for NKD-OC GUI. I think it's conveniant for users.

<key>Components</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Label</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Selector</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Circle selector</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>Font</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CharWidth</key>
			<integer>10</integer>
			<key>Text scalling</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>

4 hours ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Yeah, gotta say I liked the previous label text size better (like in my screenshot above) as it looked perfect on my 1440p screen. The new label text size is too large and words now get cut off.

You can turn off the new label style with "No_label.png", it will use the old way.

15 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

In the future, if you've time, a theme.plist is it possible for NKD-OC GUI. I think it's conveniant for users.

At first, there are only couple options was allowed to customized, as time past, more option was added and now it's quite a few.  Maybe, I will use nvram as a place to store these configuration.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You can turn off the new label style with "No_label.png", it will use the old way.

At first, there are only couple options was allowed to customized, as time past, more option was added and now it's quite a few.  Maybe, I will use nvram as a place to store these configuration.

Do you see my previous post with screenshot: Label text is a little bit too large for label.png. For  Install macOS...  or Recovery..., on my 1920*1080. Is it possible to shorten them: Recovery instead of Recovery 10.15.3...,  for example.

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, n.d.k said:

Yes, but I want to keep the labels, but have it display like they did yesterday, like this... 

ScreenShot-2020-03-10-110356.thumb.png.3e881e560b910a9f33f23e860e103066.png

But the label text is now too large and it cuts parts of the label text off. Any way to specifically restore the above type of font style?

Edited by Awesome Donkey

2 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Unless I messed up creating the file, I did try that this morning and it didn't seem to work.

Can somebody share a working No_label.png?

Just rename Label.png to No_Label.png, if you haven't do that before.