Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Download-Fritz said:

Or just support Apple's .VolumeIcon.icns that can be set from Finder and is individual per volume instead of having a hardcoded mess like some of the older projects

Does macOS still use .VolumeIcon.icns ?

My Apple MacbooPro does not have have this file in the root of the volume.

It is not in the EFI partition either.

Also I seem to remember that the Apple volume icon dimensions was 512 x 512 so an external boot picker would not only need to check the existence of such an icon file but also consider its dimensions.

1 hour ago, Mustername said:

Thank you for your Work. 

it is not possible to do the same as this

143311760_Bildschirmfoto2020-03-07um10_42_18.png.06a3663e6bed2a81111453c4e5393722.png

so without a circle or a rectangle just a small arrow ?!

Test and try: keeping the name circle_selector and the same size 144px, I think. I don't have the time to do that. @n.d.k has add several selector and icons for his great project in only few day. 

3 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @n.d.k

The background is no longer displayed: ndk OpenCore build commit dcb1f9e. Can you take a look, please.

ScreenShot-2020-03-07-132234.png

if your screen height is 2160px or more, background4k.png will be used, just make sure it matched your screen resolution.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

if your screen height is 2160px or more, background4k.png will be used, just make sure it matched your screen resolution.

I use always 1920*1080 my screen resolution: all works fine before I build latest commit dcb1f9e

Capture d’écran 2020-03-07 à 18.49.11.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

@Matgen84 might be the same issue i had where even if you don't have a 4k screen you still need to have background4k.png and selector4k.png in the icons folder or it won't know what to do, may as well report it as a possible bug since i forgot yesterday.

Also could you share the install media icon please? Guessing you added it recently (gray one from your screenshot), thanks!

Edited by cpla

38 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I use always 1920*1080 my screen resolution: all works fine before I build latest commit dcb1f9e

Capture d’écran 2020-03-07 à 18.49.11.png

Sorry, I made a typo error on the file name, should resolved in latest commit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys are this the correct setup for icon view;

ShowPicker YES

PickerMode External

Copied the Icons folder to EFI/OC

Added NdkBootPicker.efi into the UEFI Drivers

TextRenderer BuiltinGraphics

ProvideConsoleGop YES

Reset NVRAM.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, telepati said:

Guys are this the correct setup for icon view;

ShowPicker YES

PickerMode External

Copied the Icons folder to EFI/OC

Added NdkBootPicker.efi into the UEFI Drivers

TextRenderer BuiltinGraphics

ProvideConsoleGop YES

Reset NVRAM.

Pretty much, and resize background.png to match your screen resolution for it to show up, if you have a 4k+ monitor, then resize background4k.png.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whats different in the NDK OC that is not in OC that will show my Linux install on the boot picker when OC will not.. The config.plist seems to have nothing obvious that jumps out that would indicate it is configured to appear here.  Well, that i noticed anyway.

Cheers

Hi @n.d.k

NdkBootPicker.efi os_win10.icns no more recognized with latest automatic commit 1f93203. (SOLVED march,9)

On a previous post, you ask me a link for the theme I'm using: MaterialBox from BadruZeus. You can get it from his Gitub Repo Clover Theme

EDIT: can't build 1.0.8 (SOLVED march,9)

Spoiler

"clang" -target x86_64-pc-win32-macho -c -g -gdwarf -Os -Wall -Werror -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -funsigned-char -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mno-implicit-float -mms-bitfields -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-varargs -ftrap-function=undefined_behavior_has_been_optimized_away_by_clang -D NO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS  -D OC_TARGET_DEBUG=1 -D DISABLE_NEW_DEPRECATED_INTERFACES  "-DANALYZER_UNREACHABLE=__builtin_unreachable" "-DANALYZER_NORETURN=__attribute__((noreturn))" -o /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/XhciDxe/XhciDxe/OUTPUT/./AutoGen.obj -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/XhciDxe -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/XhciDxe/XhciDxe/DEBUG -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include/X64 /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/XhciDxe/XhciDxe/DEBUG/AutoGen.c

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.c:2208:36: error: use of undeclared identifier 'OC_BOOT_CUSTOM'

if (BootEntries[Index].Type == OC_BOOT_CUSTOM) {

^

2 errors generated.

"clang" -target x86_64-pc-win32-macho -c -g -gdwarf -Os -Wall -Werror -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -funsigned-char -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mno-implicit-float -mms-bitfields -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-varargs -ftrap-function=undefined_behavior_has_been_optimized_away_by_clang -D NO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS  -D OC_TARGET_DEBUG=1 -D DISABLE_NEW_DEPRECATED_INTERFACES  "-DANALYZER_UNREACHABLE=__builtin_unreachable" "-DANALYZER_NORETURN=__attribute__((noreturn))" -o /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Tests/CryptoTest/CryptoTest/OUTPUT/./CryptoTest.obj -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Tests/CryptoTest -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Tests/CryptoTest/CryptoTest/DEBUG -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include/X64 -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdeModulePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdeModulePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/UefiCpuPkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/UefiCpuPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg/Include/X64 /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Tests/CryptoTest/CryptoTest.c

make: *** [/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker/OUTPUT/NdkBootPicker.obj] Error 1

"clang" -target x86_64-pc-win32-macho -c -g -gdwarf -Os -Wall -Werror -Wextra -include AutoGen.h -funsigned-char -fno-ms-extensions -fno-stack-protector -fno-builtin -fshort-wchar -mno-implicit-float -mms-bitfields -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-tautological-compare -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-varargs -ftrap-function=undefined_behavior_has_been_optimized_away_by_clang -D NO_MSABI_VA_FUNCS  -D OC_TARGET_DEBUG=1 -D DISABLE_NEW_DEPRECATED_INTERFACES  "-DANALYZER_UNREACHABLE=__builtin_unreachable" "-DANALYZER_NORETURN=__attribute__((noreturn))" -o /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Tests/ExternalUi/ExternalUi/OUTPUT/./ExternalUi.obj -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Tests/ExternalUi -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Tests/ExternalUi/ExternalUi/DEBUG -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdePkg/Include/X64 -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdeModulePkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/MdeModulePkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/UefiCpuPkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/UefiCpuPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg/Include -I/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/EfiPkg/Include/X64 /Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Tests/ExternalUi/ExternalUi.c

build.py...

: error 7000: Failed to execute command

make tbuild [/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/Build/OpenCorePkg/DEBUG_XCODE5/X64/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker]

build.py...

: error F002: Failed to build module

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/OpenCore-057/NdkBootPicker/UDK/OpenCorePkg/Application/NdkBootPicker/NdkBootPicker.inf [X64, XCODE5, DEBUG]

- Failed -

Build end time: 16:29:14, Mar.08 2020

Build total time: 00:00:08

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, steff89 said:

Hey, could someone explain what "background_color.png" is actually doing? And why is it a greyscale image? Thanks a lot :)

If you do not use a background image or cannot find a background image file, fill the entire background color with this pixel file

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btwise said:

If you do not use a background image or cannot find a background image file, fill the entire background color with this pixel file

As this pixel file is invisible, does that mean the gui will be as well, {censored} hope it doesn't spread to my system