Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, aylamrin said:

YES !!!

But additionally, how does the Selected entry look like?

Would you care to share your theme with me?

The selected project is currently using reduced transparency or box lines. If using a translucent gray box is the best BOOTCAMP effect, it requires N.D.K. to modify the code,I once made this suggestion, but didn't take it!

My theme is just a few ICONS and backgrounds, and has modified the contents of the source code,do you really need it?

5 minutes ago, btwise said:

The selected project is currently using reduced transparency or box lines. If using a translucent gray box is the best BOOTCAMP effect, it requires N.D.K. to modify the code,I once made this suggestion, but didn't take it!

My theme is just a few ICONS and backgrounds, and has modified the contents of the source code,do you really need it?

It would be nice for NDK to use a more Mac Default Theme. 

21 minutes ago, btwise said:

Could you at least share the source code changes? Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, MacPato™ said:

I won't use a modified OC Build. But an option to use a different default theme would be useful for the driver version.

You can use the theme icon or background, the so-called changes, just changed the default icon size and more screen resolution judgment, just to match the theme, I did not change more, because I am not a developer, just like to design their own style!You don't mind!

10 minutes ago, aylamrin said:

Could you at least share the source code changes? Thanks in advance

Just some of my own designs, I hope the NDK doesn't mind!

OcSimpleBootMenu.c

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MacPato™ said:

I won't use a modified OC Build. But an option to use a different default theme would be useful for the driver version.

Currently there is no separate theme interface, different ideas, only modify the source code to achieve

27 minutes ago, MacPato™ said:

For different theme, it's easy. Copy your personal Icons folder in EFI/OC/ :P I did that.

40 minutes ago, btwise said:

This is the perfect effect, I hope the NDK code default effect changed to this

Guys, when it comes to theme, everyone got different taste, no one taste can satisfy all.  It may look good for some but not for others.  So, I get to decide which taste is good for me on this one. That rounded corner gray selection may look good on that background but not for current default theme.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Guys, when it comes to theme, everyone got different taste, no one taste can satisfy all.  It may look good for some but not for others.  So, I get to decide which taste is good for me on this one. That rounded corner gray selection may look good on that background but not for current default theme.

Yes, I agree, but you can teach us how to customize the code to look like this, and I like this selector:P

• Like 2

A little script to make building EASIER

Creates symbolic link, then type ocb to run

Git pulls (itself)

rm edk2/Build folder to do CLEAN builds, in case itself has been updated.

runs main build script with --skip-tests, to skip Basetools build/tests

enjoy

ocb.sh.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

Is this looking good enough, selector I meant? still testing atm..

ScreenShot-2020-03-05-012459.thumb.png.6f17d21bc8b47790077ccfed8371a32c.png

it's better,the selected background image is translucent,  customize the image,place the item description under each icons,Or can hide the index number under the GUI

Edited by btwise

4 minutes ago, btwise said:

it's better,the selected image is translucent,  customize the image,place the item description under each icons,Or can hide the index number under the GUI

I give up, give cat cookie and they want the milk too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, n.d.k said:

I give up, give cat cookie and they want the milk too.

Sorry, if I did not express the right, cat and milk what meaning, I just own idea, do not pay attention to me

How are you guys getting Windows/Linux to show?

I have scan policy set to 0, mainly to allow USB booting

According to my poor sight, this looks best so far on 4k screen 200% scaling from 128px, more apple like. new custom selector.png and 4k screen can now use 256px icons to avoid scaling up, will be on next commit.

ScreenShot-2020-03-05-042548.thumb.png.57395d6feefc5726bd9039caabf2e9ec.png

• Like 4