Customized OpenCore with additional features

n.d.k
1,348 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

And for your comment here 

, i have tested version 0.1.5 from Release Version and problem still persist.

I have 4 entry with "HideAuxiliary = Yes",
1. Windows 10 Enterprise
2. macOS Mojave
3. macOS Catalina

4. Linux Mint

But, Voice Assistant said wrong order, "4 (Four) macOS Catalina" and "6 (six) for Linux Mint"

It's still read entry order with actually entry (show Auxillary Entry)
1. Windows 10 Enterprise
2. macOS Mojave

3. Recovery Image of Mojave
4. macOS Catalina
5. Recover Image of Catalina
6. Linux Mint

7. Custom Tool

Sorry for bad english

Can you please test it again with new commit?...it's ready for build now.

40 minutes ago, anmool said:

anyone can tell me 

required audio path and audio.efi and how to add into config.plist which one function true or false

for adding /EFI/OC/ etc

First, Take a look in /Docs folder, there is a configurations.pdf and differences.pdf files

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n.d.k said:

Can you please test it again with new commit?...it's ready for build now.

Yes i have build it with latest comming,,
Voice assistant mention macOS Catalina as "three macOS" as screen looks, and mention "four macOS" when i press space (to show auxilary entry).

But another bug is still there,, i can't fast change entry with arrow. I need to wait "Voice assistant" finish mention entry name before change entry with arrow button. With builtin picker mode. I can fast change entry selected with arrow (press arrow several times).

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

First, Take a look in /Docs folder, there is a configurations.pdf and differences.pdf files

I couldn't understand to read in configurations.pdf and differences.pdf files

please tell me procedure

44 minutes ago, anmool said:

I couldn't understand to read in configurations.pdf and differences.pdf files

please tell me procedure

I don't want to use audio on my Hack, so I can't help you. Maybe others users will be able to. 

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Yes i have build it with latest comming,,
Voice assistant mention macOS Catalina as "three macOS" as screen looks, and mention "four macOS" when i press space (to show auxilary entry).

But another bug is still there,, i can't fast change entry with arrow. I need to wait "Voice assistant" finish mention entry name before change entry with arrow button. With builtin picker mode. I can fast change entry selected with arrow (press arrow several times).

@Andres ZeroCross 

You can try the latest commit for the arrow key delay on VoiceOver issue.  By the way, thank you for testing and reporting how this audio is working out.

2 hours ago, Nanorise said:

Works great, text and icons are quite blurry for my 3840x2160 monitor, is there a way to HiDPI scale?

Icons are 128px, so it will be a bit blurry when scaling up for 4k monitor. You can turn off the auto scaling with a small png file name "No_icon_scaling.png" for Icons or  "No_text_scaling.png" for text in Icons folder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, n.d.k said:

@Andres ZeroCross 

You can try the latest commit for the arrow key delay on VoiceOver issue.  By the way, thank you for testing and reporting how this audio is working out.

Bravo !!!

I can fast switch between entries now (press several arrow keys) :D , same like Builtin Picker. Thanks

• Like 3

@ndk

How to add the function of saving to files by default in the hdacodecdump code, now the code can only be printed on the screen, if saving files can only be run manually in the shell environment, which is very inconvenient!

Or tell me how to add the write file function!thx!

• Like 1

Added mouse support with recent commit, no configuration is needed, just copy pointer.png/pointer4k.png for 4k screen  from Icons folder to EFI\OC\Icons.

Left click = Selecting Entry

Double left click = Selecting and boot

Right click = toggle hide/show hidden entries 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, n.d.k said:

Icons are 128px, so it will be a bit blurry when scaling up for 4k monitor. You can turn off the auto scaling with a small png file name "No_icon_scaling.png" for Icons or  "No_text_scaling.png" for text in Icons folder.

Thanks, I wonder though if i can create a 4k custom theme, with scaling.

How do i produce a font.png for example? is there automation for that? I want to create my own font.png with the same width/height ratio just 4x bigger for 4K.

Thanks again

I am trying to create a BootCamp theme

Is it possible to do the following?

• 0 width border (no white border) for the selected entry and ROUNDED corners
  • No number prefix (1. EFI, 2. Macintosh HD) for the entries
  • Selector arrow pointing upwards

Edited by aylamrin
Fixed typo

1 hour ago, aylamrin said:

I am trying to create a BootCamp theme

Is it possible to do the following?

• 0 width border (no white border) for the selected entry and ROUNDED corners
  • No number prefix (1. EFI, 2. Macintosh HD) for the entries
  • Selector arrow pointing upwards

Like this?

ScreenShot-2020-03-03-114549.thumb.png.bfd2954b11315e5f288e0d32a8843bff.png

• Like 3

Hi @n.d.k and all users

All works fine with NDK-OC latest release: pointer, etc. Great.

But I've got a issue with NdkBootPicker on Official OC latest release: he detects os_win.icns (Icon) instead of os_win10.icns on my system. I do not know if this has a relationship but I have a hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error. Let me know a solution, please

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @n.d.k and all users

All works fine with NDK-OC latest release: pointer, etc. Great.

But I've got a issue with NdkBootPicker on Official OC latest release: he detects os_win.icns (Icon) instead of os_win10.icns on my system. I do not know if this has a relationship but I have a hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error. Let me know a solution, please

NdkBootPicker.efi os_win10.icns not recognized was resolved with latest commit.

"hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error" not sure what you were referring to.

Edited by n.d.k

10 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

NdkBootPicker.efi os_win10.icns not recognized was resolved with latest commit.

"hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error" not sure what you were referring to.

@n.d.k Thanks. :) I use latest v0.1.7 : Light blue os_win.icns instead dark blue os_win10.icns. See photoshop editing with the two icons.

When I select Catalina: there are  "hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error" so on the fork with the same elements (kexts, config.plist, ssdt), I have no problems to boot.

ScreenShot-2020-03-03-152806.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@n.d.k Thanks. :) I use latest v0.1.7 : Light blue os_win.icns instead dark blue os_win10.icns. See photoshop editing with the two icons.

When I select Catalina: there are  "hatling on critical error and a runtime alloc error" so on the fork with the same elements (kexts, config.plist, ssdt), I have no problems to boot.

ScreenShot-2020-03-03-152806.png

You need to compile from source which contains the icon fix today, 0.1.7 binary release was yesterday.  And i don't know why you get error when boot Catalina entry, I am not gonna do a guessing game here, log log log...please. 

By the way, that theme of yours look quite nice, can i have the link to download it?

Edited by n.d.k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, n.d.k said:

You need to compile from source which contains the icon fix today, 0.1.7 binary release was yesterday.  And i don't know why you get error when boot Catalina entry, I am not gonna do a guessing game here, log log log...please. 

How to get a log for ndkBootPicker or else? I don't know how. Your OC fork works well.