AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

It was meant to be a general question... not specific to any hardware other than using the Aorus Z390 board, as is the topic of this thread (and obviously a -K processor because iGPU is required for one of the choices)

Let's suppose I haven't yet bought any hardware other than the Aorus and a -K processor... is there one configuration (iMac19,1 vs iMacPro1,1) that I should prefer over the other for any reason other than Sidecar support (as documented in OP)?

Off-topic: I can't figure out how to edit my sig and I'm running almost a clone of MaLd0n's Insanely Hackbeast, z390 Designare, i9-9900k, 32gb 3333... I think the same will apply but the question stems from me helping a friend with his Aorus Z390 build

1 hour ago, DJUncleRuckus said:

It was meant to be a general question... not specific to any hardware other than using the Aorus Z390 board, as is the topic of this thread (and obviously a -K processor because iGPU is required for one of the choices)

Let's suppose I haven't yet bought any hardware other than the Aorus and a -K processor... is there one configuration (iMac19,1 vs iMacPro1,1) that I should prefer over the other for any reason other than Sidecar support (as documented in OP)?

Off-topic: I can't figure out how to edit my sig and I'm running almost a clone of MaLd0n's Insanely Hackbeast, z390 Designare, i9-9900k, 32gb 3333... I think the same will apply but the question stems from me helping a friend with his Aorus Z390 build

menu>account>account settings

AudioGod mentions the differences in the last couple of pages of this and the pro thread. My understanding to give you a summary is they are both fine and should work without issue. If you have a high end card you won’t get the most from it if using 19,1. AG uses and prefers 1,1 with his explanation being he hates igpu, gets more from his graphics card, it uses significantly less nvram which means less random boot issues, and as an overclocker he can get more from his cpu without the igpu in use. What you loose is sidecar support and historically 1,1 had issues with some cards but this is sorted now. 

hope this helps, if I missed anything or got anything wrong I’m sure someone will chime in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 3:40 PM, AudioGod said:

No f11jgk is very good and what I’m using myself right now but the problem with it is that it doesn’t work on all monitors and can cause a black screen so for this reason I don’t give it out or recommend it on the thread just yet but they will fix that problem soon enough and then it will be lovely jubbly.
The thing about F11jgk is it has MSR unlock baked into the bios as a option and also has fusion baked in there too. You can flash F11j back to F11e by using doing a usb flash instead of using the Built in qflash. 

Do you have this bios? I can't find it on the gigabyte site.

I upgraded to f11e and disabling the serial port fixed issues with my USB headset and Logitech camera.

I still have the strange bios load error, will probably need to record the codes and ask around.  I also have to see why I have the issue that sometimes the boot image is not found.

I still think that there is something "broken" on my hardware, I need to figure out which part of it though. After the bios load error and trying it several times everything is rock solid.

9 hours ago, Quiggycn said:

Hi,

I changed to open core and used your EFI for that. So far it runs smooth. But I realized that the 3 USB3.1 Ports do not work. Is that known? Any way to fix that?

KR,

Quiggy

Hi,

You need to clear your nvram 2 or 3 times in a row (press space at the bootpicker) and it should correct the problem for you.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:52 PM, AudioGod said:

Hi,

You need to clear your nvram 2 or 3 times in a row (press space at the bootpicker) and it should correct the problem for you.

Also, with clover 5120 on the latest EFI USB 3.1 not working too.

What do you think about the OpenCore error above? any ideas?

On 7/27/2020 at 10:40 PM, matt-uk said:

Hey @M0r1d1n

Did the new bios f11e and disabled serial sort out the issues you have been having?

Hey guys @matt-uk @AudioGod,

So I've been super busy with work stuff. Here are a few things I noticed so far:

1. I had my USB speakers turn off automatically twice. Only the speakers. Hasn't happened in over 2 weeks now. No idea why but seems OK.

2. My Bluetooth mouse cursor isn't as super smooth on screen as my USB mouse. Wonder if that's just a Bluetooth thing or if BT is laggy.

3. Mojave is working really nicely. Animations are super smooth on my 4K Eizo. Apple Pay and everything else works as well.

Still on OC 0.5.9 and I need to upgrade to 0.6.0 soon. Also I'm really tempted to try Catalina again, just so I can upgrade to the 5700 XT so I can get more fps when playing MS Flight Simulator 2020. :D

Edited by M0r1d1n
  • Like 1

Just updated to OC 0.6.0 (F11e BIOS, Mojave 10.14.6), and everything seems to be working fine. Will report back if anything fails.

@AudioGod Do you think I should give the newest BIOS a try and upgrade to Catalina? It should fix the Apple Watch issues, right? Will it work with my 4K Eizo properly?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

Just updated to OC 0.6.0 (F11e BIOS, Mojave 10.14.6), and everything seems to be working fine. Will report back if anything fails.

@AudioGod Do you think I should give the newest BIOS a try and upgrade to Catalina? It should fix the Apple Watch issues, right? Will it work with my 4K Eizo properly?

Hi @M0r1d1n  You can update to Catalina, without any problem with BIOS F11e :)

• Like 1

Just now, Matgen84 said:

You can update to Catalina, without any problem with BIOS F11e :)

Thanks, I already had Catalina with an earlier BIOS F11c and it was super buggy. F11e removes the serial port so maybe that will help but I'm really curious about installing F11j or whatever the newest one was called. Just worried it could cause problems with my monitor (4K Eizo).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

Thanks, I already had Catalina with an earlier BIOS F11c and it was super buggy. F11e removes the serial port so maybe that will help but I'm really curious about installing F11j or whatever the newest one was called. Just worried it could cause problems with my monitor (4K Eizo).

@AudioGod use BIOS F11j GK (Beta). The F11j is not recommended. You can save F11c to DualBIOS, if you want to try F11e. Remove the serial port is very interesting for my config.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

Which profile would work with it concerning the msr unlock.

The profile works with the BIOS concerned: example, F11e profile BIOS F11e. So with the new one, I will enter the parameters on page 1, deselect the serial port and CFG lock options in BIOS. And it's good.

• Like 1

Just now, dredhorse said:

The CFG Unlock is in the bios now? Cool. Thanks!

Yes. You can save profile after settings selected, of course. Maybe in the future, when he have time to do, @AudioGod (the master) will publish it

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, matt-uk said:

@M0r1d1n  it was on page 96 on the Pro thread there was a mini guide by @dsynos80. If you have success perhaps you could share a Master guide with relevant files?

@AudioGod what do you think about including a section in the first post for this?

T-Ridge works with latest catalina and latest Clover. Follow my guide and you should be up and running.

So I'm still on F11e and macOS Mojave, and I've had two things happen over the last 2 days:

1. My USB Bowers & Wilkins MM-1, which are seen as an audio device properly by macOS, have just switched off suddenly (there was a crack through the speakers before they did). This has happened 4-5 times now on this BIOS version.

2. Bluetooth randomly stops working for a few seconds, and then starts again. This happens on my MX Master 3 for Mac.

Any suggestions for solutions for these 2 problems @AudioGod? I have the serial port disabled AFAIK in F11e thanks to your settings, so that should be OK.

Hi everyone. Can somebody help me? Upgraded bios to f11e following the instruction, installed Clover update 5120 from the first post, adding SNs as usual and now I'm getting a black screen after Apple boot logo (two monitors and ine TV connected, no signal on each). Opencore works fine and June version of Clover also works fine. I don't want to stick to Opencore because this nasty thing deletes my Gentoo Linux EFI record every time OC record is initialized (doesn't matter if I boot into it or not) and doesn't show Grub EFI in boot menu. What can I do to fix Clover?

Edited by SLV

Hi all,

I have a very strange and annoying issue with USB devices. I have lots of Synthesizers and 3x USB-Midi patchbays, that are connected via USB to my machine. Since the Master has not unlimited ports and due to MacOS (damn) port limit, I need to use USB hubs. To make sure the connection itself is smooth, I use 2x Elektron Overhubs which work fine with midi related stuff (on Windows). However, when I enable all devices my machine suddenly freezes (randomly) or looses all USB connections (mouse & keyboard included). I don't use the USB map from this config but my own which I created with Hackintool (back on Catalina). I also tried to create a new one but unfortunately Big Sur (I'm already on) will not boot if I try to load USBInjectAll. So does anyone got any Idea what else I could do? 

Thanks for anykind of help :)

8 minutes ago, kolutshan said:

Hi all,

I have a very strange and annoying issue with USB devices. I have lots of Synthesizers and 3x USB-Midi patchbays, that are connected via USB to my machine. Since the Master has not unlimited ports and due to MacOS (damn) port limit, I need to use USB hubs. To make sure the connection itself is smooth, I use 2x Elektron Overhubs which work fine with midi related stuff (on Windows). However, when I enable all devices my machine suddenly freezes (randomly) or looses all USB connections (mouse & keyboard included). I don't use the USB map from this config but my own which I created with Hackintool (back on Catalina). I also tried to create a new one but unfortunately Big Sur (I'm already on) will not boot if I try to load USBInjectAll. So does anyone got any Idea what else I could do? 

Thanks for anykind of help :)

Hi 

Why do you want to create a new USBPorts on Big Sur ? Build it on Catalina ! If you have the two OS on your system.