AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, matt-uk said:

I spoke with @AudioGod yesterday and he confirmed he had closed the topic down.

You're talking Aorus Pro topic or also Aorus Master topic :(

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, matt-uk said:

He confirmed he had closed the Pro topic. 

Any reason why ? :cry: (I hadn't followed the latest on the thread)

Or will the stuff be merged here, there are so many of us so happy with @AudioGod stuff for the Pro board, I'm pretty worried !! Please dude :angel_not:

EDIT : And I'm just seeing that OC 0.6 is out ! 

Edited by Pieroman

18 minutes ago, Pieroman said:

Any reason why ? :cry: (I hadn't followed the latest on the thread)

Or will the stuff be merged here, there are so many of us so happy with @AudioGod stuff for the Pro board, I'm pretty worried !! Please dude :angel_not:

EDIT : And I'm just seeing that OC 0.6 is out ! 

If AG wants to explain I guess he will, I was just confirming that it has been removed by AG and was not missing by accident.

• Like 1

Clover & OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.6 Ready), 4th August 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11e or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.1

Lilu 1.4.6

WhateverGreen 1.4.1

VirtualSMC 1.1.5

AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.8

IntelMausi 1.0.3

New DSDTs For Clover For firmware F11e and above only

OCQuirks Revision 23 (Clover)

Clover Updated to Revision 5120

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.0 (Big Sur Beta 4 Ready)

OpenCanopy is now Enabled as Standard

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update v5120 - 04/08/2020 Use with Bios revision F11e or Higher Only or Replace with the older F11c/F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

EFI Clover VEGA Navi 030820.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

EFI Clover Polaris NVIDIA 030820.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.0 - 04/08/2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 19,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 1,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11e Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11e 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11e BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11e MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11e ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, matt-uk said:

Nice work @AudioGod !

Are their any improvements we are likely to see as a result of upgrading?

Better stability and it's just overall better, All kexts updated plus tweaks and changes to all Configs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Updated to F11e today @AudioGod @matt-uk. Will see how it fares over the next hours/days. The only change I had to make to the defaults from AudioGod is to disable on-board audio (which I don't use or need). Serial port is off so I really hope this will help alleviate some of the issues.

Also, I have my GC-Titan Ridge card still unmounted (haven't had the time to take apart the case and run another power cable). I can't seem to find the mini guide @matt-uk mentioned. Which page should I be looking on?

2 hours ago, M0r1d1n said:

Updated to F11e today @AudioGod @matt-uk. Will see how it fares over the next hours/days. The only change I had to make to the defaults from AudioGod is to disable on-board audio (which I don't use or need). Serial port is off so I really hope this will help alleviate some of the issues.

Also, I have my GC-Titan Ridge card still unmounted (haven't had the time to take apart the case and run another power cable). I can't seem to find the mini guide @matt-uk mentioned. Which page should I be looking on?

@M0r1d1n  it was on page 96 on the Pro thread there was a mini guide by @dsynos80. If you have success perhaps you could share a Master guide with relevant files?

@AudioGod what do you think about including a section in the first post for this?

4 hours ago, matt-uk said:

@M0r1d1n  it was on page 96 on the Pro thread there was a mini guide by @dsynos80. If you have success perhaps you could share a Master guide with relevant files?

@AudioGod what do you think about including a section in the first post for this?

The proceeder and ssdt is exactly the same for the pro as it is for the master.

Does it work for you?

I don’t mind pinning it to the guide but it seems to be hit and miss to if it works or not for people.

If it’s working for you and anybody else that try’s it on this thread though then sure il pin it to the guide no problem.

Let me know bud?

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

The proceeder and ssdt is exactly the same for the pro as it is for the master.

Does it work for you?

I don’t mind pinning it to the guide but it seems to be hit and miss to if it works or not for people.

If it’s working for you and anybody else that try’s it on this thread though then sure il pin it to the guide no problem.

Let me know bud?

Haven't tried properly - i started to but was fighting some other issues at the time so removed the card in order to focus on the optical drive and GPU issues i was having (internal Pioneer Blu-ray had comparability issues but LG is fine, monitor was set to a DP1.2 profile that wouldn't show an image with the RX 5700 XT until it was disabled).

Now everything is stable it is probably a good time to try to break it again by installing the card :D

No hot-plug though?? Might not be worth the hassle for me. I will wait to hear how @M0r1d1n gets on.

30 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

Hey @AudioGod

I know you mentioned previously that the f11j Bios sometimes causes a black screen when trying to enter BIOS setup.

is there anyway around this? Currently have some 4K LG monitors.

Not sure if Gigabyte are planning to release this?

Cheers mate!

They will fix it before F11 becomes a official release.

its why I use F11e on the thread instead.

FYI, Using F11J and new OC 0.6.0 by @AudioGod (iMacPro 1,1), I completed a completely clean install of Big Sur, no vm hdd clone or anything just a good ol' honest install from usb. I can confirm EVERYTHING is working exactly as it should, all hardware. Actually feels more responsive (and this is beta!).

Not one single issue during install, have used all features of OS and seems rock solid. (FireFox is playing up a bit but no issues with Chrome or Safari). Of all the software I have installed only FF is having issues though.

Brew works (despite showing some warnings) 
All JetBrains IDEs working

My specs:
5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition
i9 9900K
32GB Corsair Vengeance
Aorus Master on F11J

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kirkfletcher said:

FYI, Using F11J and new OC 0.6.0 by @AudioGod (iMacPro 1,1), I completed a completely clean install of Big Sur, no vm hdd clone or anything just a good ol' honest install from usb. I can confirm EVERYTHING is working exactly as it should, all hardware. Actually feels more responsive (and this is beta!).

Not one single issue during install, have used all features of OS and seems rock solid. (FireFox is playing up a bit but no issues with Chrome or Safari). Of all the software I have installed only FF is having issues though.

Brew works (despite showing some warnings) 
All JetBrains IDEs working

My specs:
5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition
i9 9900K
32GB Corsair Vengeance
Aorus Master on F11J

That’s right buddy BigSur Beta 4 works fine with my OC 0.6.0 EFI and that’s why I marked it BIGSUR ready in the notes :)

Enjoy my friend enjoy. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, someone who got the HDR worked correctly? I have my hackintosh connected to a Sony XBR-65X905F TV by means of an HDMI 2.0b cable, the video card is an RX580 Sapphire Nitro + Special Edition. The option to enable HDR appears to me, but when enabling it the image is very bad. Thank you very much.

17 minutes ago, ramiro_alvaro said:

Good afternoon, someone who got the HDR worked correctly? I have my hackintosh connected to a Sony XBR-65X905F TV by means of an HDMI 2.0b cable, the video card is an RX580 Sapphire Nitro + Special Edition. The option to enable HDR appears to me, but when enabling it the image is very bad. Thank you very much.

Check your HDMI Cable. If your trying to run 4K with HDR then any sort of run over 1.5m has trouble getting all the information from point a to point b. 
I had the same problem and resolved it by spending a lot of money on a optical HDMI cable but it made it look beautiful after that.

i hope that helps. (This is on a Samsung QLED TV)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

First off, brilliant guide! Thank you AG and all other contributors.

I updated from a working Mojave/Clover setup to Catalina via the appstore. Prior to updating OS I did the Bios update you provided to f11e and your profile. Once I verified that was working, I mounted my efi drive and deleted it's contents and replaced it with your OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 19,1 030820.zip. Only changes I made were to the Config.plist were to add the the MLB, serial, uuid, rom and remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments. Rebooted and verified working. Backed up and proceeded to update to Catalina. Everything went to plan, worked a treat.

9aug2020about.png.19d495b431d2fab50b6a19c4b83e5ba2.pngEverything appears to be working as intended currently, but I have a couple of questions just to be sure. 

1. Do I need to add any other ssdts aside from the 2 you supplied in your OpenCore zip? OpenCore says I need to have 4 in there, your 2 plus ssdt-ec-usbx and ssdt-awac.
  2. I have included a video of my boot time. Does this seem slow for my hardware/setup?

My current boot

Again, thank you for this guide.

17 minutes ago, 11b1v said:

First off, brilliant guide! Thank you AG and all other contributors.

I updated from a working Mojave/Clover setup to Catalina via the appstore. Prior to updating OS I did the Bios update you provided to f11e and your profile. Once I verified that was working, I mounted my efi drive and deleted it's contents and replaced it with your OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 19,1 030820.zip. Only changes I made were to the Config.plist were to add the the MLB, serial, uuid, rom and remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments. Rebooted and verified working. Backed up and proceeded to update to Catalina. Everything went to plan, worked a treat.

9aug2020about.png.19d495b431d2fab50b6a19c4b83e5ba2.pngEverything appears to be working as intended currently, but I have a couple of questions just to be sure. 

1. Do I need to add any other ssdts aside from the 2 you supplied in your OpenCore zip? OpenCore says I need to have 4 in there, your 2 plus ssdt-ec-usbx and ssdt-awac.
  2. I have included a video of my boot time. Does this seem slow for my hardware/setup?

My current boot

Again, thank you for this guide.

Nope no extra ssdts are needed. I’m using the motherboard native RTC and doing the power values for USB directly inside the kext.  This is why I use fewer SSDTs then the OC guide suggests.

Just Enjoy Buddy :thumbsup_anim: 

The more apps and data you have installed the longer the Boot time. Clearing your caches etc etc can help speed it up and so can a fresh instal but over time it just slows down again.

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Nope no extra ssdts are needed. I’m using the motherboard native RTC and doing the power values for USB directly inside the kext"  This is why I use fewer SSDTs then the OC guide suggests.

Just Enjoy Buddy :thumbsup_anim: 

Brilliant! Thank you sir :thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, AudioGod said:

Clover & OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.6 Ready), 4th August 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11e or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.1

Lilu 1.4.6

WhateverGreen 1.4.1

VirtualSMC 1.1.5

AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.8

IntelMausi 1.0.3

New DSDTs For Clover For firmware F11e and above only

OCQuirks Revision 23 (Clover)

Clover Updated to Revision 5120

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.0 (Big Sur Beta 4 Ready)

OpenCanopy is now Enabled as Standard

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update v5120 - 04/08/2020 Use with Bios revision F11e or Higher Only or Replace with the older F11c/F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

EFI Clover VEGA Navi 030820.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

EFI Clover Polaris NVIDIA 030820.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.0 - 04/08/2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 19,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 1,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11e Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11e 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11e BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11e MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11e ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Thanks as always AG appreciate your work 

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 19,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 060 Z390 Master 1,1 030820.zip - OpenCore v0.6.0, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Other than having a -K vs -KF processor, what reasons are there to choose one over the other?

Is one more "Vanilla" than the other?

1 hour ago, DJUncleRuckus said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search

Other than having a -K vs -KF processor, what reasons are there to choose one over the other?

Is one more "Vanilla" than the other?

Complete your signature with the details of your config, please. It is more convenient for users who want to help you.

Edited by Matgen84