AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Good Stuff bud,

don’t get me wrong 7,1 works just fine but your notice the little things as the days go on. 1,1 acts exactly the same but with none of the quirks of 7,1 and that is why I advise 1,1 over it. 

1,1 scales the cpu frequency perfectly aswell where as 7,1 doesn’t go all the way down on idol with the frequency. 

interesting point about the scaling, definitely food for thought on that point for sure. 

• Like 1

So after using the usb map for 7,1 and thinking everything was ok it turned out that there were still in fact issues. Turning volume up and down (using keys on mac keyboard) would cause any video to seriously lag (YouTube, video call etc). Screensaver would start really lagging when password prompt comes up, camera flickers like and rolls like an old school vhs (not all the time but a few seconds ever few mins) and just really doesn’t feel as responsive as my i3 did on a z370 mobo.  

so I took the plunge and did a fresh clean install of 10.15.6 using the 1,1 efi, long story short but issues were the same and even a little worse.

changed efi to the 19,1, a little better but issues still remain. Then tried the clover efi and video doesn’t lag as much when changing volume (I’d say 80% better) but still get camera glitches and general feeling of sluggishness.

something is definitely not right, coming from an i3 on a z370 to an i9 on z390 master shouldn’t feel more sluggish. (Same gpu, 5700 xt) 

anyone have any suggestions? I am at a complete loss here. By all means this should be an optimal setup using audiogods efi and having the exact same hardware.

(ps. Also using f11c and cfg unlock profile)

edit: FYI tested camera, video etc etc in linux and windows and all perform exactly as expected both with noticeable speed improvement over my old i3, Catalina feels like I’m using a core 2 duo hah (maybe not that bad but still not good and FULL of little niggles)

Edited by kirkfletcher

12 hours ago, kirkfletcher said:

So after using the usb map for 7,1 and thinking everything was ok it turned out that there were still in fact issues. Turning volume up and down (using keys on mac keyboard) would cause any video to seriously lag (YouTube, video call etc). Screensaver would start really lagging when password prompt comes up, camera flickers like and rolls like an old school vhs (not all the time but a few seconds ever few mins) and just really doesn’t feel as responsive as my i3 did on a z370 mobo.  

so I took the plunge and did a fresh clean install of 10.15.6 using the 1,1 efi, long story short but issues were the same and even a little worse.

changed efi to the 19,1, a little better but issues still remain. Then tried the clover efi and video doesn’t lag as much when changing volume (I’d say 80% better) but still get camera glitches and general feeling of sluggishness.

something is definitely not right, coming from an i3 on a z370 to an i9 on z390 master shouldn’t feel more sluggish. (Same gpu, 5700 xt) 

anyone have any suggestions? I am at a complete loss here. By all means this should be an optimal setup using audiogods efi and having the exact same hardware.

(ps. Also using f11c and cfg unlock profile)

edit: FYI tested camera, video etc etc in linux and windows and all perform exactly as expected both with noticeable speed improvement over my old i3, Catalina feels like I’m using a core 2 duo hah (maybe not that bad but still not good and FULL of little niggles)

Ousa, that’s not good my friend.

I just tried the same thing on my side and no such problem exists on my system.

Could you do me a favour please and try flashing the bios to F11e and use my profile for it and see if it’s cures the problem. It could be that pesky serial port at work again, using F11e and my profile for it disables that sucker.

Try it and let me know my bro.

Z390AORUSMASTER.zip - Bios F11e 

Default Blue.zip - F11e MSR unlocked profile and bios settings

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Ousa, that’s not good my friend.

I just tried the same thing on my side and no such problem exists on my system.

Could you do me a favour please and try flashing the bios to F11e and use my profile for it and see if it’s cures the problem. It could be that pesky serial port at work again, using F11e and my profile for it disables that sucker.

Try it and let me know my bro.

Z390AORUSMASTER.zip - Bios F11e 

Default Blue.zip - F11e MSR unlocked profile and bios settings

Legend!!! This worked a treat and a half! I must admit I did go down the road of getting a new bios to try, I found the f11j on tweaktown but seemed a little unstable (maybe incorrect settings, do you have a profile for this?) as it was a vendor specific one I could not flash f11e over it as it kept saying "oemid mismatch" (any ideas on this) so had to flick to the backup bios and flash f11e on that (that was at f10), loaded profile and all is now gravy! Deffo the serial port causing issues. 

Again you are such a legend to offer your help like yo have :-)

Edited by kirkfletcher
  • Like 1

No f11jgk is very good and what I’m using myself right now but the problem with it is that it doesn’t work on all monitors and can cause a black screen so for this reason I don’t give it out or recommend it on the thread just yet but they will fix that problem soon enough and then it will be lovely jubbly.
The thing about F11jgk is it has MSR unlock baked into the bios as a option and also has fusion baked in there too. You can flash F11j back to F11e by using doing a usb flash instead of using the Built in qflash. 

As soon as you told me about that audio problem I knew it was that stupid serial port and that’s why I asked you to try it. People don’t seem to realise how problematic that port is to macOS.

Anyway I’m glad I could help you out buddy and awesome stuff that your 100% A ok now.

:yoji:

P.S I can knock you up a bios profile for F11jgk if you like boss, just let me know if you want it and il make it so for you?

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No f11jgk is very good and what I’m using myself right now but the problem with it is that it doesn’t work on all monitors and can cause a black screen so for this reason I don’t give it out or recommend it on the thread just yet but they will fix that problem soon enough and then it will be lovely jubbly.
The thing about F11jgk is it has MSR unlock baked into the bios as a option and also has fusion baked in there too. You can flash F11j back to F11e by using doing a usb flash instead of using the Built in qflash. 

As soon as you told me about that audio problem I knew it was that stupid serial port and that’s why I asked you to try it. People don’t seem to realise how problematic that port is to macOS.

Thanks for this explanation about F11j GK :) I don't use it. Can you explain rollback procedure via USB, please! 

• Like 1

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Thanks for this explanation about F11j GK :) I don't use it. Can you explain rollback procedure via USB, please! 

F11j GK only seems to have problems with 5k monitors but all the others seem to work fine.

to roll it back just download gigabytes flash tool (I can’t remember it’s name but il send it to you when I’m next infront of my system) and do it that way. Same way you would flash a modded firmware to the bios.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Anyway I’m glad I could help you out buddy and awesome stuff that your 100% A ok now.

:yoji:

P.S I can knock you up a bios profile for F11jgk if you like boss, just let me know if you want it and il make it so for you?

Yeah buddy! I'd love an f11jgk profile only if its not too much trouble, my system did seem to boot so monitors seem fine (2 x Samsung 4k U28E590) just need to get the bios setup correctly (which is what your profile will do). 

I would love if you could share :-) 

At least I have f11e on one bios and f11j on the other (gotta love the master for that)

Edited by kirkfletcher

2 minutes ago, kirkfletcher said:

Yeah buddy! I'd love an f11jgk profile only if its not too much trouble, my system did seem to boot so monitors seem fine (2 x Samsung 4k U28E590) just need to get the bios setup correctly (which is what your profile will do). 

I would love if you could share :-) 

Yep it works fine with that Samsung monitor, I have one myself and a HP 2k 144hz monitor as well.

no problem what so ever I shall knock that up for you in the next hour or two. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

F11j GK only seems to have problems with 5k monitors but all the others seem to work fine.

to roll it back just download gigabytes flash tool (I can’t remember it’s name but il send it to you when I’m next infront of my system) and do it that way. Same way you would flash a modded firmware to the bios.

Thanks :) I don't update F11i to F11j GK for the moment. No real benefit for my config.

Just now, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 Have clover got its bootloader working with Big Sur yet?

@AudioGod Clover is not yet ready for Big Sur :cry: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Matgen84 said:

Thanks :) I don't update F11i to F11j GK for the moment. No real benefit for my config.

@AudioGod Clover is not yet ready for Big Sur :cry: 

Well if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it so wise move bro.

im wondering if clover in it’s current form will ever work with big sur tbh, I think it needs a major rework to make it happen but we shall see. 

@kirkfletcher I’m making you a profile for F11j GK right now.

hang in there for 5 mins and it will be done for you. BRB

@AudioGod Thanks for this guide, I just built my hackintosh last week and will use it. Just reading back some posts, to get a titan ridge working on the z-390 master, I just need to include the SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml right? 

Is there any SSDTs to also get an apple thunderbolt display working with a titan ridge, and z390 master?

2 minutes ago, graemec23 said:

@AudioGod Thanks for this guide, I just built my hackintosh last week and will use it. Just reading back some posts, to get a titan ridge working on the z-390 master, I just need to include the SSDT-DTPG.aml and SSDT-Z390-RP21-SLOT4-TB3HP.aml right? 

Is there any SSDTs to also get an apple thunderbolt display working with a titan ridge, and z390 master?

Yep that's right buddy but Tag the person that made the thunderbolt mini guide on this thread and maybe he can answer that one for you as I don't use thunderbolt myself to create the needed ssdts :) 

21 minutes ago, cyrdroid said:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Aorus Z390 Pro topic?  @AudioGod did you stop supporting that motherboard? I was away for a while and I don't know what happened :huh:

I spoke with @AudioGod yesterday and he confirmed he had closed the topic down.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@graemec23 did you get your thunderbolt card working?

If you did would you share a guide to help out anyone else wanting to use the GC-Titan Ridge card with SSDTs and other config?

Thanks

Edited by matt-uk