AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, anannyo said:

@AudioGod, I am after a 360mm AIO; I assume bigger radiator and extra fans will give better cooling for the CPU :D 

:thumbsup_anim: 

in that case I would consider these two.

I had the EK AIO on my test bench at my work just before we went into shut down and i was super impressed with it.

https://www.ekwb.com/solutions/all-in-one/
it’s not out yet but it’s about to release.

or something simple with no RGB that works.

https://uk.thermaltake.com/water-3-0-ultimate.html

NZXT Kraken X72

if I think of any others il add it to this post :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

What am I thinking hold on...lol
@anannyoCoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB (You can turn off the rgb or control it internally without using a usb header) I used to use one and loved it, just remembered now. If you look on my z390 pro thread there’s a pic of my build using one. :) 

I was able to maintain a 5.1ghz OC on my 9900k using it.

Great fans too, I still use 6 of them to this day on my custom loop. :) 

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

:thumbsup_anim: 

in that case I would consider these two.

I had the EK AIO on my test bench at my work just before we went into shut down and i was super impressed with it.

https://www.ekwb.com/solutions/all-in-one/
it’s not out yet but it’s about to release.

or something simple with no RGB that works.

https://uk.thermaltake.com/water-3-0-ultimate.html

if I think of any others il add it to this post :) 

OK thanks @AudioGod, I will go for the no RGB version AIO cooler; specifically which does not need to be connected to the internal usb header :D

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

What am I thinking hold on...lol
@anannyoCoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML360R RGB (You can turn off the rgb or control it internally without using a usb header) I used to use one and loved it, just remembered now. If you look on my z390 pro thread there’s a pic of my build using one. :) 

I was able to maintain a 5.1ghz OC on my 9900k using it.

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/cpu-liquid-coolers/masterliquid-ml360r-rgb/

@AudioGod, thank you!! I am gonna go for Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler; because it is available and easier to get :D Plus as you have already built with it and you said I don't need to connect it to internal USB header; I am definitely getting it :D I am gonna turn off RGB for sure. The amount of time I spend in front of PC; those extra lights will drive me crazy :P 

11 minutes ago, anannyo said:

@AudioGod, thank you!! I am gonna go for Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB Liquid CPU Cooler; because it is available and easier to get :D Plus as you have already built with it and you said I don't need to connect it to internal USB header; I am definitely getting it :D I am gonna turn off RGB for sure. The amount of time I spend in front of PC; those extra lights will drive me crazy :P 

good choice, everything connects to the motherboard and no hub is needed. The hub that comes with it is purely a argb controller and you can just not connect it up and that way your have no rgb. Nice and simple. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

did you ever try AirportBrcmFixup.kext to see if it fixes sleep?

The internal usb hub is already set at 255 in all my EFIs so no need to worry about anything like that.

what make and model is the problem card and what slot are you plugging it into on the board?

are you using any other PCIe lanes from anywhere?

I tried literally EVERYTHING, kexts, different places on my board - literally nothing helped. Finally, I bought a genuine Apple card - and this also didn't help. Due to Covid madness I came back to it and found out - that many ppl having the same issue with Master/Pro MoBos and not working sleep mode. Long story short - I decided to take a hot and to try someone's else solution and try Fenvi card - for someone, this card together with Master MoBo works out of the box - lets see. My card attached. 

Wifi with unplugged BT cable work great and sleep works great. With connected cable, sleep is gone. I could use BT USB dongle (which I have) but this doesn't talk with my apple watch for some reason.

Also, I have had 2 mobos, first pro and now master - same issue on both boards. When I  compared wifi cards which are advertised as Hack friendly - they have way more electronics onboard - my card has literally nothing and only 2 cables (instead of four) going to USB header. New card will arrive on Saturday and we will see.

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

Screenshot 2020-04-08 at 12.14.23.png

Edited by lygi

30 minutes ago, lygi said:

I tried literally EVERYTHING, kexts, different places on my board - literally nothing helped. Finally, I bought a genuine Apple card - and this also didn't help. Due to Covid madness I came back to it and found out - that many ppl having the same issue with Master/Pro MoBos and not working sleep mode. Long story short - I decided to take a hot and to try someone's else solution and try Fenvi card - for someone, this card together with Master MoBo works out of the box - lets see. My card attached. 

Wifi with unplugged BT cable work great and sleep works great. With connected cable, sleep is gone. I could use BT USB dongle (which I have) but this doesn't talk with my apple watch for some reason.

Also, I have had 2 mobos, first pro and now master - same issue on both boards. When I  compared wifi cards which are advertised as Hack friendly - they have way more electronics onboard - my card has literally nothing and only 2 cables (instead of four) going to USB header. New card will arrive on Saturday and we will see.

I personally can not stand the Fenvi cards. I think they are rubbish but that’s just my opinion..lol

I personally use a ABWB BCM943602CS and have never had a spot of trouble with it.

i know the Fenvi T919 works but not without its own set of problems.

@lygi Side note - Your Apple Watch not unlocking has nothing to do with the Bluetooth dongle and everything to do with the motherboard bios. I can fix that for you in a shake of a lambs tail by sending you a beta bios that corrects it. ;) 

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, AudioGod said:

I personally can not stand the Fenvi cards. I think they are rubbish but that’s just my opinion..lol

I personally use a ABWB BCM943602CS and have never had a spot of trouble with it.

i know the Fenvi T919 works but not without its own set of problems.

That is true - I have heard T919 is temperamental, but again - 1200M works fr someone without a single issue. I have ordered this one from amazon - if this won't work - it will be super easy to send it back

Retired my T919 to my p/c junk box, would work one day and the next forever hunting for connection specially after Wake from Sleep was a nightmare. Got my self a genuine Apple Card with PCIe adapter and BAM all connection woes were behind me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Retired my T919 to my p/c junk box, would work one day and the next forever hunting for connection specially after Wake from Sleep was a nightmare. Got my self a genuine Apple Card with PCIe adapter and BAM all connection woes were behind me.

what kind of PCI adapter you have mate? I think in my case this is the issue - but haven't found anything eye catching

5 minutes ago, lygi said:

what kind of PCI adapter you have mate? I think in my case this is the issue - but haven't found anything eye catching

this one bro,

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_RrFJEbD12W3B9

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

this one bro,

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_RrFJEbD12W3B9

cheers! I will test them both!:D

Hey @AudioGod, ok finally I have completed my parts list and here it is:

Processor: Intel 9th Gen Coffee Lake Core i9 9900K 3.6GHz-5.0GHz, 8 Core, 16MB Cache

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

GPU: AMD Radeon VII 16GB (which brand? Asus or XFX? I heard some had issues with some brands, and one brand Radeon VII works perfectly)

Power Supply: Corsair RM750x 750 Watt (Should I go for 850 Watt?)

MacOS Drive: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

RAM: 64GB KIT 3200MHz DDR4 (which CL17 or CL16 or which one and brand will be best)

AIO Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB

I hope it is ok to share my parts' list in this thread? Sorry I try to be very precise and specific about everything :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anannyo said:

Hey @AudioGod, ok finally I have completed my parts list and here it is:

Processor: Intel 9th Gen Coffee Lake Core i9 9900K 3.6GHz-5.0GHz, 8 Core, 16MB Cache

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

GPU: AMD Radeon VII 16GB (which brand? Asus or XFX? I heard some had issues with some brands, and one brand Radeon VII works perfectly)

Power Supply: Corsair RM750x 750 Watt (Should I go for 850 Watt?)

MacOS Drive: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

RAM: 64GB KIT 3200MHz DDR4 (which CL17 or CL16 or which one and brand will be best)

AIO Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB

I hope it is ok to share my parts' list in this thread? Sorry I try to be very precise and specific about everything :D

Very nice list buddy,. :)

Are you not going to add a WiFi/Bluetooth combo card to the system?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anannyo said:

AFAIK the brand doesn't matter for VII.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

hey @AudioGod, yes will do. I have been reading your other replies and added your recommended card to the list: 

ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2 Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_RrFJEbD12W3B9

Forgot to add it while posted the list :D 

Edited by anannyo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Yea nice shopping list pal, I bet you're either rich or single :lol: Us poor humans tied down in relationships have to shop for bare bones components or 'Hand Me Downs' :hysterical: If I want to splash out on a upgrade, I have to wait till wifey is in a good mood :hysterical:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yea nice shopping list pal, I bet you're either rich or single :lol: Us poor humans tied down in relationships have to shop for bare bones components or 'Hand Me Downs' :hysterical: If I want to splash out on a upgrade, I have to wait till wifey is in a good mood :hysterical:

Haha @eSaF, I have been planning for an upgrade with Xeon once Mac Pro comes out for ages!! But I still don't see good, solid build with Xeon, so going for I9-9900K. My old Macbook Pro is so old; I am having hard time to work lol Plus now I have a hobby to shoot videos and edit; so trying to get the stable build to do both my professional work and also video editing :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

@AudioGod hey buddy just downloaded your efi and replace mine and it stuck at the mb flash screen, any solution please help :(

IMG_20200409_184901.thumb.jpg.5dda5f1a9c64c0d091896a6df05cabf5.jpg

Holly Cow what’s happened there then??

what EFI are you trying there?

NDK or OC original?

silly question but I must ask, did you merge or replace the EFI when you dropped mine into your EFI Partition?

did you clear the NVRam?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Holly Cow what’s happened there then??

what EFI are you trying there?

NDK or OC original?

silly question but I must ask, did you merge or replace the EFI when you dropped mine into your EFI Partition?

did you clear the NVRam?

If I'm not mistaken i download the top one ( i saw clover file there ) and i replace everything one by one except my config.plist . But I have made a copy of my EFI, what should i do now buddy ?

Edited by pl4n__b