AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 2:39 AM, AudioGod said:

I have the SSDT for Titan ridge posted on my Z390 Pro Thread and there’s a few users on there that can help you get it running if you need it buddy. :thumbsup_anim:

Successfully installed the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card without any modification with your SSDT in this thread (need to disable Thunderbolt security in BIOS) almost plug-n-play, hot plug also work, Thunderbolt appear in RP21. I currently don't have any Thunderbolt devices to test, but so far I can drive a 4K display from Titan Ridge card's DisplayPort as well as through Thunderbolt port via USB-C to HDMI cable. Just only 1 problem : "There was an error while gathering PCI device information." shown up in PCI section of System Report. Do you have any idea why this happened ? Thanks. 

Your DSDT work pretty good with Aorus Z390 Ultra, but it would be great if you could patch a specific one for the Ultra version board. I've included my origin DSDT extracted from Clover with BIOS version F10b equivalent to F11c of Master board.

origin.zip

9 hours ago, paox2za said:

Your DSDT work pretty good with Aorus Z390 Ultra, but it would be great if you could patch a specific one for the Ultra version board. I've included my origin DSDT extracted from Clover with BIOS version F10b equivalent to F11c of Master board.

origin.zip

My dsdt doesn’t work at all with a Z390 ultra. It may look like it’s working but under the hood it’s completely wrong.

DO NOT USE ON YOUR BOARD MATE, BIG MISTAKE!

and I will not support a board I don’t own so im afraid that’s not gonna happen any time soon but what you can do is  get your own dsdt made up for youself

Go here and put in a request but whatever you do don’t continue using my Z390 Master Dsdt on a Z390 Ultra,

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow

https://www.olarila.com/forum/17-dsdt-patch-requests/

(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine on a Z390 MASTER but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Updated to version 10.15.5 with your Efi. CLOVER bootloader. Everything works perfectly.

• Like 2

Hi @AudioGod;

First of all, thanks for sharing your invaluable knowledge and willingness on helping others..

I have my hackintosh up and running thanks to your provided EFI and advices.

I just updated my efi folder to match the latest yours. I’ve double-checked and confirmed that Kext to Patches amends are exactly as in your shared config file. In fact I used your very same config.plist and just added my device stuff in.

Problem I've got is that all of my USB ports suddenly stop working every so often. Fortunately I have a THB3 Titan Ridge card installed; so I just swap some connections to keep working, but need to restart the PC to reload the kexts.

Is there something I should check or modify in my config.plist / BIOS to get rid  of that issue? (BTW, I also use your pre-configured bios file).

Thanks for any help you can provide..

(Aorus Master Z390 - i9900K - Sapphire Vega 64 - 64GB Ram - Titan Ridge TB3 -  - Bluetooth/WiFi BCM94360CD - Catalina 10.15.4)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alpha2008 said:

Hi @AudioGod;

First of all, thanks for sharing your invaluable knowledge and willingness on helping others..

I have my hackintosh up and running thanks to your provided EFI and advices.

I just updated my efi folder to match the latest yours. I’ve double-checked and confirmed that Kext to Patches amends are exactly as in your shared config file. In fact I used your very same config.plist and just added my device stuff in.

Problem I've got is that all of my USB ports suddenly stop working every so often. Fortunately I have a THB3 Titan Ridge card installed; so I just swap some connections to keep working, but need to restart the PC to reload the kexts.

Is there something I should check or modify in my config.plist / BIOS to get rid  of that issue? (BTW, I also use your pre-configured bios file).

Thanks for any help you can provide..

(Aorus Master Z390 - i9900K - Sapphire Vega 64 - 64GB Ram - Titan Ridge TB3 -  - Bluetooth/WiFi BCM94360CD - Catalina 10.15.4)

Hey Buddy thanks for the kind words.

About your USB cutting out, When and how is it happening if there is any pattern to it?

Explain in more detail if you can please?

Thank you for your input @AudioGod

In fact, there's not a defined patterns; it just happens from time to time, and I get aware of such issue when a notification about my backup disk being disconnected (from USB port) pops up. 

I use extensively my Parallels Windows VM; so I wonder if related to the matter.

There's nothing added up to the EFI folder. I wonder if the lack of a DSDT file for the Titan Ridge card might be the culprit. BTW, I use an internal NZXT USB 2.0 hub to connect some fans, and such hub is connected to one of the internal USB 2.0 ports. I guess this is no relevant to the issue, but just wanted to point it out. 

Is there any additional information you'd consider relevant to be posted here in order to follow up on this case? 

Thanks so much.

4 hours ago, alpha2008 said:

Thank you for your input @AudioGod

In fact, there's not a defined patterns; it just happens from time to time, and I get aware of such issue when a notification about my backup disk being disconnected (from USB port) pops up. 

I use extensively my Parallels Windows VM; so I wonder if related to the matter.

There's nothing added up to the EFI folder. I wonder if the lack of a DSDT file for the Titan Ridge card might be the culprit. BTW, I use an internal NZXT USB 2.0 hub to connect some fans, and such hub is connected to one of the internal USB 2.0 ports. I guess this is no relevant to the issue, but just wanted to point it out. 

Is there any additional information you'd consider relevant to be posted here in order to follow up on this case? 

Thanks so much.

There’s a ssdt for the Titan ridge over on the Z390 Pro thread and a guide on how to use it that somebody else kindly wrote up.

jump over there and grab it if you want to bud. 
I don’t think it’s connected to the usb failing on you though.

funnly enough two other z390 pro users have usb trouble like you do too. (One OpenCore and one Clover user plus my OpenCore Efi abides by the 15 port limit too so it kinda writes that off as being the problem)

there’s got to be a reason for it that’s for sure but I’m yet to suss out what it is.

If you made the EFI yourself your welcome to post it for me to look over for you?

ive tried to recreate the problem over here but have never succeeded in doing so. If I could see it happen for myself it might give me an idea to why.

17 minutes ago, alpha2008 said:

Thanks @AudioGod; 

Attached is my EFI Folder. I really appreciate it if you can have a look into it.

Thanks! 

EFI.zip

Looks good to me brother. Good Job :thumbsup_anim:

How often does it happen to you?

I know its random but is it frequent or rare?

@alpha2008 Check your inbox buddy. ;)

Edited by AudioGod

35 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Looks good to me brother. Good Job :thumbsup_anim:

How often does it happen to you?

I know its random but is it frequent or rare?

@alpha2008 Check your inbox buddy. ;)

Thank you buddy!

It happens perhaps once a fortnight.. Not really a PIA but  annoying tho. :-)

I'll setup my bios all over again to see if that fixes things.

Thanks!

Just now, alpha2008 said:

Thank you buddy!

It happens perhaps once a fortnight.. Not really a PIA but  annoying tho. :-)

I'll setup my bios all over again to see if that fixes things.

Thanks!

Ya that’s what I thought. It’s super rare for the other two aswell.

Try the firmware and bios profile I sent you. All the settings and MSR unlock is all done for you. :) 

Let me know how it goes and if or when it happens again. Good luck

For RDZ and anyone else with an MSI 5700xt who is having trouble with updates: set SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and try again. It was the only way to complete the install without swapping out video cards for me.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, azsmith said:

For RDZ and anyone else with an MSI 5700xt who is having trouble with updates: set SMBIOS to iMac18,3 and try again. It was the only way to complete the install without swapping out video cards for me.

You sure you don’t have something wrong within your system over there?

ive done 2 10.15.5 upgrades on systems with a MSI 5700 XT with zero issues or trouble using 19,1.

In fact I was also helping somebody via pm the other day also with a MSI 5700 XT and they had upgraded to 10.15.5 as well and didn’t have any issues with the smbios.

That is very strange pal.

Edited by AudioGod

Hi AudioGod , I'm new here... and I want to thank you for your awesome work... thanks to you I have now my fully working mackintosh except 2 little things... I really hope in your help to fix it...

My config

Mobo - Z390 Aorus Master

CPU - Intel core i9 9900KS

GPU - Radeon VII

Ram - 128GB Corsair 3600 

Cooling Syst - Noctua NHD15s

Hdd 1 - NVMe 1TB Samsung 970 Evo (Mac OS Catalina and Clover Bootloader)

Hdd2 - 256 Gb (Windows 10) 

I use you bios profile and your updated clover folder

My problems are:

1) When I put in stop Mac OS everything working well (black monitor, mobo shutdown led etc) but after 3/4 sec system sleep automatically without press any button. How can I solve this? When I'm back to the os after sleep I have also errors of forced usb eject. 

2) Windows time is every time 2 hours back... ? this is strange... ahaha 

Thank you and I hope to solve with some your tips...  

Edited by gadam90

14 minutes ago, gadam90 said:

Hi AudioGod , I'm new here... and I want to thank you for your awesome work... thanks to you I have now my fully working mackintosh except 2 little things... I really hope in your help to fix it...

My config

Mobo - Z390 Aorus Master

CPU - Intel core i9 9900KS

GPU - Radeon VII

Ram - 128GB Corsair 3600 

Cooling Syst - Noctua NHD15s

Hdd 1 - NVMe 1TB Samsung 970 Evo (Mac OS Catalina and Clover Bootloader)

Hdd2 - 256 Gb (Windows 10) 

I use you bios profile and your updated clover folder

My problems are:

1) When I put in stop Mac OS everything working well (black monitor, mobo shutdown led etc) but after 3/4 sec system sleep automatically without press any button. How can I solve this? When I'm back to the os after sleep I have also errors of forced usb eject. 

2) Windows time is every time 2 hours back... ? this is strange... ahaha 

Thank you and I hope to solve with some your tips...  

Hi,

I don’t understand what you mean with the first problem. Could you explain again please in detail?

i do however know what your talking about with the universal clock being wrong in windows and that’s easy to fix.

Follow the instructions via this short video to correct it. 
https://youtu.be/2hSy6Dp4Vug

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

I don’t understand what you mean with the first problem. Could you explain again please in detail?

i do however know what your talking about with the universal clock being wrong in windows and that’s easy to fix.

Follow the instructions via this short video to correct it. 
https://youtu.be/2hSy6Dp4Vug

Hi man thanks for your quickly reply... the first problem is the "instant wake problem". When I put my Hackintosh in sleep mode after 2 seconds it wakes up. But I noticed that if I remove the internal USB bluetooth connector (of my Broadcom wifi / bluetooth PCI card) it is sleeping and wake up correctly... I try to connect it with both motherboard internal usb connectors F_USB 1 and F_USB2 but nothing... In addition to all this when the pc wakes up after sleep I always get the error that my usb devices have been badly removed. There is a way to solve that two problems?

In your Aorus Pro motherboard guide I see that you report this fix but following your guide I don't know how "ENABLE PATCH --> XPRW change Method(GPRW..." in my clover configurator because this patch does not exist in the "list of patches". Is there any other fix or patch or method to fix this?

Thank you for your time man...!! :)  

--

SLEEP  – Resolving Instant Wake

Resolve Instant Wake From Sleep caused by the Corsair H100i V2 AIO Cooler

To enable wake using mouse and keyboard the Corsair H100i v2 USB cable must be disconnected from motherboard header F_USB1 

If you want to keep the Corsair H100i v2 USB cable connected then enable the patch in config.plist, instruction below. 

Hackintosh will then sleep, but can only wake using power button.

IF USING CORSAIR H100i v2, OR IF YOU HAVE INSTANT WAKE FROM SLEEP PROBLEM 

THEN

ENABLE PATCH --> XPRW change Method(GPRW...

and download --> SSDT-GPRW.aml and place inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched 

1788948731_Screenshot2019-06-06at20_20_16.thumb.png.92d91aa7162c8904abc762098b16e3f6.png

Credit: Patch by Rehabman

9 minutes ago, gadam90 said:

Hi man thanks for your quickly reply... the first problem is the "instant wake problem". When I put my Hackintosh in sleep mode after 2 seconds it wakes up. But I noticed that if I remove the internal USB bluetooth connector (of my Broadcom wifi / bluetooth PCI card) it is sleeping and wake up correctly... I try to connect it with both motherboard internal usb connectors F_USB 1 and F_USB2 but nothing... In addition to all this when the pc wakes up after sleep I always get the error that my usb devices have been badly removed. There is a way to solve that two problems?

In your Aorus Pro motherboard guide I see that you report this fix but following your guide I don't know how "ENABLE PATCH --> XPRW change Method(GPRW..." in my clover configurator because this patch does not exist in the "list of patches". Is there any other fix or patch or method to fix this?

Thank you for your time man...!! :)  

--

SLEEP  – Resolving Instant Wake

Resolve Instant Wake From Sleep caused by the Corsair H100i V2 AIO Cooler

To enable wake using mouse and keyboard the Corsair H100i v2 USB cable must be disconnected from motherboard header F_USB1 

If you want to keep the Corsair H100i v2 USB cable connected then enable the patch in config.plist, instruction below. 

Hackintosh will then sleep, but can only wake using power button.

IF USING CORSAIR H100i v2, OR IF YOU HAVE INSTANT WAKE FROM SLEEP PROBLEM 

THEN

ENABLE PATCH --> XPRW change Method(GPRW...

and download --> SSDT-GPRW.aml and place inside EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched 

1788948731_Screenshot2019-06-06at20_20_16.thumb.png.92d91aa7162c8904abc762098b16e3f6.png

Credit: Patch by Rehabman

The Patch is only for corsair AIO's so its no good for you.

What is the combo card you using?

The Older 2CS combo card has trouble working right thanks to Catalina.

you could try using BrcmPatchRam to fix it

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/releases/download/2.5.3/BrcmPatchRAM-2.5.3-RELEASE.zip

Instructions for what kexts to use are here

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Clover & OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.5 Ready), 1st June 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.0

Lilu 1.4.5

WhateverGreen 1.4.0

VirtualSMC 1.1.4

IntelMausi 1.0.3

Clover Updated to Revision 5118

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.9

OpenCanopy is now Enabled as Standard

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update v5118 - 01/06/2020Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI 010620.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 010620.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Please Note - I have now set KernelPM to No as standard so if you don’t have a unlocked MSR or not using my MSR Unlocked Bios Profile then go into the Clover Config.plist and set KernelPM to Yes or you won’t be able to boot up. An even better fix would be to unlock your MSR using my profile method.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.5.9 - 01/06/2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OpenCore 059 Z390 Master 19,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMac19,1

OpenCore 059 Z390 Master 1,1 010620.zip - OpenCore v0.5.9, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.5.9. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3

Hi AudioGod, thanks for your detailed instructions and EFI! My hackintosh is working almost flawlessly. After Apple logo boot screen, sometimes I get no signal from my Aorus 5700 XT. The monitor is not in sleep, and I have to guess my way into shutting down the pc from the login screen (Tab three times, then Space). While I did not run into this issue with the May 4, 2020 EFI, I noticed this issue with recent EFI's. I also tried the latest one from 6/1/2020, but still the same issue. Both HDMI and DP show this issue quite occasionally. Do you know what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, dhk4023 said:

Hi AudioGod, thanks for your detailed instructions and EFI! My hackintosh is working almost flawlessly. After Apple logo boot screen, sometimes I get no signal from my Aorus 5700 XT. The monitor is not in sleep, and I have to guess my way into shutting down the pc from the login screen (Tab three times, then Space). While I did not run into this issue with the May 4, 2020 EFI, I noticed this issue with recent EFI's. I also tried the latest one from 6/1/2020, but still the same issue. Both HDMI and DP show this issue quite occasionally. Do you know what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance!

You need to press space at the bootpicker and then clear your nvram and it should be fine from then on.

Something to note is always clear your nvram between EFI changes,

if it’s still playing up after that then reset your bios too.

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

You need to press space at the bootpicker and then clear your nvram and it should be fine from then on.

Something to note is always clear your nvram between EFI changes,

if it’s still playing up after that then reset your bios too.

Gotcha! Thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

quick question before I try the new version of the config, how does your CPU behave concerning PowerSaving?

I have a i9-9900K and I don't really see it dropping below 4.6 GHz.

I also don't have any power options except screen sleep in my SystemPreferences

quick question before I try the new version of the config, how does your CPU behave concerning PowerSaving?

I have a i9-9900K and I don't really see it dropping below 4.6 GHz.

I also don't have any power options except screen sleep in my SystemPreferences