AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, gaumatngu said:

@AudioGod sorry for bother you, but can you tell me which bios settings in your CFG Unlock profile ? As I already have a stable setting for overclocking, now I want to CFG unlock, but if now I load your profile to BIOS, every other settings for overclocking will be cleared. I want to manually set your settings in BIOS. Thanks. 

The profile CFG Unlock use @AudioGod BIOS settings published at the first page of this thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gaumatngu said:

I think that BIOS settings just are conditions for a successful hackintosh only, not for CFG Unlock. 

I use this profile who contains this settings :) Try if you don't believe me. :hysterical: Or wait the answer from @AudioGodwho tell to you the same things.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, gaumatngu said:

I think that BIOS settings just are conditions for a successful hackintosh only, not for CFG Unlock. 

@gaumatngu
@Matgen84 is 100% correct dude. My bios profile gives you all the correct settings plus a unlocked MSR, just follow my instructions on how to use it and it will work for you.

if you already have a dialled in overclock then write down or take snapshots of your settings and just put them back after you have loaded in my profile or if you don’t want to do that then unlock your MSR yourself via a grub.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/extras/msr-lock.html

@ainsleyclark Hey buddy, sorry I’ve not got back to you. I’ve been super busy working on a few things. Just tried airplay video under 19,1 and it works fine. Will move over to 1,1 at some point and check again but I don’t think it will work with the igpu disabled tbh but let’s see anyway.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi,

I'm using the OpenCore 058 Z390 Mater 1,1 040520 EFI Folder.

This contains an USBPorts.kext.

I guess that kext is responsible for the missing USB ports.

image.png.4c948f069e1c36588fad2ae2d37bed58.png

How can I make my own port mapping? Just remove the USBPorts.kext and use Hackintool to create a new one?

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

Hi,

I'm using the OpenCore 058 Z390 Mater 1,1 040520 EFI Folder.

This contains an USBPorts.kext.

I guess that kext is responsible for the missing USB ports.

image.png.4c948f069e1c36588fad2ae2d37bed58.png

How can I make my own port mapping? Just remove the USBPorts.kext and use Hackintool to create a new one?

i am within the 15 port limit using OpenCore but clover works differently and has been patched via the dsdt and ssdt to give you full native usb with no port limits. Hackintool does not understand this if your viewing the clover USB ports. And if your trying to get more ports then the 15 in use in OpenCore then I wouldn’t bother as it will cause you all sorts of problems.

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

First of all your viewing hackintool wrong, press on the broom to clear all that and then press on the arrow circles to refresh and this will show you the ports in use via my usb.kext.

i am within the 15 port limit if using OpenCore but clover works differently and had been patched via the dsdt and ssdt to give you full native usb with no port limits.

I did that and I posted the results. I learn

So how can I change the ports which are available? I would know how to do that for Clover but with OpenCore I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

I did that and I posted the results. I learn

So how can I change the ports which are available? I would know how to do that for Clover but with OpenCore I'm not sure.

Refresh the post and your see I removed the first part about hackintool.

if you want to make your own usb.kext and you know how to do it via clover then you know how to do it as the process is exactly the same.

https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Refresh the post and your see I removed the first part about hackintool.

if you want to make your own usb.kext and you know how to do it via clover then you know how to do it as the process is exactly the same.

https://dortania.github.io/USB-Map-Guide/

thanks. 

I don't want more than 15 ports, but I need some other ports than you have selected.

6 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

thanks. 

I don't want more than 15 ports, but I need some other ports than you have selected.

Coolio buddy,

I did it so all USB ports are open. And the front and the two usb3 ports right under the usb2 hub are usb3 and 2 as well.

@dredhorse what you can also do is go into the kext itself and edit the ports and change them to whatever you want too.

thats what i would do personally as it would only take a few seconds to do it. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

hmm. will take a look.

when I take the list from cmer https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh/blob/master/USB_MAP.md

I need:

HS01/SS01

HS03/SS03

HS04/SS04

HS07/SS07

HS08/SS08

HS09/SS09

HS10/SS10

HS12

HS13

Which is 16, so HS10/SS10 needs to go as I guess I need both HS and SS ports to support USB3 or?

4 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

hmm. will take a look.

when I take the list from cmer https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh/blob/master/USB_MAP.md

I need:

HS01/SS01

HS03/SS03

HS04/SS04

HS07/SS07

HS08/SS08

HS09/SS09

HS10/SS10

HS12

HS13

Which is 16, so HS10/SS10 needs to go as I guess I need both HS and SS ports to support USB3 or?

LoL you do know hs01/ss01 to hs04 are virtual ports (via the internal usb hub) and don’t count towards any limits right? Only hs13 counts for all of that

Sorry ignore me I’m tripping. Ss01 is front Usb.

Edited by AudioGod

I let you guess if I know.

And the answer is NO :thumbsup_anim:

ok, so back to the drawing board, and thanks again for all the help.

Below is the optimal list, with your information, that hs01/ss01 to hs04/ss04 are virtual that means the list would contain 14 ports, correct?

• HS01/SS01: Front USB-C
  • HS03/SS03: Rear USB 3.1 (red, second from Ethernet)
  • HS04/SS04: Rear USB 3.1 (red, next to Ethernet)
  • HS05/SS05: Rear USB 3.1 (red, next to USB-C)
  • HS06/SS06: Rear USB-C
  • HS07/SS07: Rear USB 3.0 (yellow) - next to HDMI
  • HS08/SS08: Rear USB 3.0 (yellow)
  • HS09/SS09: Front USB 3.0 #1
  • HS10/SS10: Front USB 3.0 #2
  • HS12: Internal USB2
  • HS13: Internal USB2

9 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

I let you guess if I know.

And the answer is NO :thumbsup_anim:

ok, so back to the drawing board, and thanks again for all the help.

Below is the optimal list, with your information, that hs01/ss01 to hs04/ss04 are virtual that means the list would contain 14 ports, correct?

• HS01/SS01: Front USB-C
  • HS03/SS03: Rear USB 3.1 (red, second from Ethernet)
  • HS04/SS04: Rear USB 3.1 (red, next to Ethernet)
  • HS05/SS05: Rear USB 3.1 (red, next to USB-C)
  • HS06/SS06: Rear USB-C
  • HS07/SS07: Rear USB 3.0 (yellow) - next to HDMI
  • HS08/SS08: Rear USB 3.0 (yellow)
  • HS09/SS09: Front USB 3.0 #1
  • HS10/SS10: Front USB 3.0 #2
  • HS12: Internal USB2
  • HS13: Internal USB2

Hs12 is a dead port you don’t need that.

hs13 is the internal

hs11 is the rear usb 2 hub and all the rest are correct. 

hs01 through to hs04 get used virtually so I’m not sure if making hs01 (usb2 on a type c port) is a wise idea. who has any usb2 type c devices anyway?

@dredhorse using hs10 and ss10 for example counts as 2 ports used not 1 so your total listed is 18 ports and 3 over the limit.

the virtual ports I’m referring to is via the internal hub assignment and has nothing to do with ports used just looking into it though it will use different virtual assignments if the ports are in use.

Edited by AudioGod

Your original list works if you remove hs12

I need:

HS01/SS01

HS03/SS03

HS04/SS04

HS07/SS07

HS08/SS08

HS09/SS09

HS10/SS10

HS13

but then you have no usb hub on the rear (hs11)

ah, thanks I thought that the two usb2 adapters onboard needed two ports.

So if I take a look at the following information

image.thumb.png.df7cecc44a3fd3750dff76da003dc385.png

I don't think that I need to change anything.

I figured the issue out I think.

a) the wrong assumption see above

b) quirck with my usb-c drive not directly working on the front.

It works now and thanks for all the help, while it might be easy to just grab stuff and use it, understanding all the internals might be more complicated. I like the internals though 

1 minute ago, dredhorse said:

ah, thanks I thought that the two usb2 adapters onboard needed two ports.

So if I take a look at the following information

image.thumb.png.df7cecc44a3fd3750dff76da003dc385.png

I don't think that I need to change anything.

I figured the issue out I think.

a) the wrong assumption see above

b) quirck with my usb-c drive not directly working on the front.

It works now and thanks for all the help, while it might be easy to just grab stuff and use it, understanding all the internals might be more complicated. I like the internals though 

No worries buddy and I’m all about the internals and betas of everything aswell :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

thanks again. I wouldn't need the usb 2 hub in the rear (I have a dedicated on underneath my table)  but I will just go with your kext atm.

Edited by dredhorse
forgot a but
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

@AudioGod are you planning on updating your hardware anytime soon?

Noticed the Z490's are on the horizon and the updates that you do for OpenCore & macOS are invaluable lol.

Hhhmmmmm I’m not sure if I will bother with the comet lake range.

im not impressed with a stop gap cpu that sucks 350+ watts (don’t believe the {censored} that Linus is coming out with about them as he’s been paid to say what he said about it :hysterical:)

I actually have a Z490 Master sitting there for me waiting for my collection and if intel give us a 10900k at the office then I will claim it if I can but actually buying it as a upgrade path from a 9900k, now that’s just pointless for the same tech but with two more cores.

id wait until the ryzen 4000 desktop range gets launched and then see if intel has a reply to it like they are rumoured to have and releasing around the same time in September.

We shall see anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 1:48 AM, AudioGod said:

@gaumatngu
@Matgen84 is 100% correct dude. My bios profile gives you all the correct settings plus a unlocked MSR, just follow my instructions on how to use it and it will work for you.

if you already have a dialled in overclock then write down or take snapshots of your settings and just put them back after you have loaded in my profile or if you don’t want to do that then unlock your MSR yourself via a grub.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Desktop-Guide/extras/msr-lock.html

@ainsleyclark Hey buddy, sorry I’ve not got back to you. I’ve been super busy working on a few things. Just tried airplay video under 19,1 and it works fine. Will move over to 1,1 at some point and check again but I don’t think it will work with the igpu disabled tbh but let’s see anyway.

Thanks for your answer, just one more thing, does your SSDT support Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card for hot plug, Thunderbolt Display etc ?

Edited by gaumatngu

3 hours ago, gaumatngu said:

Thanks for your answer, just one more thing, does your SSDT support Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card for hot plug, Thunderbolt Display etc ?

I have the SSDT for Titan ridge posted on my Z390 Pro Thread and there’s a few users on there that can help you get it running if you need it buddy. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:42 PM, AudioGod said:

I actually have a Z490 Master sitting there for me waiting for my collection and if intel give us a 10900k

...and that board cost's abt 410 Euro's . Way too expensive . :mad:

• Like 1