AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

To put it simply OpenCore has been totally rewritten maybe twice since 0.5.5 so the inner workings and config have change a lot. It’s a lot more stable and solid now.

{censored}. Don't have the time to upgrade OC at this time. Guess Catalina will have to wait a bit longer.

Hey,

A big thank for your hard work!

I build my computer during the weekend, and the first time I installed MacOS (Hackintosh). I watch few videos, reads guide... but with a lot of luck, we had almost the same build ! (I just have a different watercooling and I pick the Sabrent NVMe).

Your Bios profile and EFI folder helped me a lot, and I was also very happy to see my CPU overclocked!

Thank you again for sharing all of this, you definitely made my day :) 

Hey,

Quick update.. it seems the EFI settings are using olarila, and it just brick my motherboard :-/

I got a noisy screen during boot sequence, so let's see how I can go over this now.

unknown.png

Edited by Myfz

8 minutes ago, Myfz said:

Hey,

Quick update.. it seems the EFI settings are using olarila, and it just brick my motherboard :-/

I got a noisy screen during boot sequence, so let's see how I can go over this now.

unknown.png

The dsdt was made by MaLD0n for me but the EFI and settings are not from Olarila no, they are done by me. your talking utter nonsense...:hysterical:

p.s MaLD0n runs Olarila and marks he’s DSDTs that way.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

@Audiogod : Please apologize ! I'm still new on hackintosh (I started yesterday to be honest).

I was talking with someone from the hackintosh discord.. and she just told me the motherboard is probably brick.. but I don't really have a clue lol

Do you have an idea on how I can fix this issue ? :-/

PS: MacOS is still working, it's just during the boot sequence.

Edited by Myfz

5 minutes ago, Myfz said:

@Audiogod : Please apologize ! I'm still new on hackintosh (I started yesterday to be honest).

I was talking with someone from the hackintosh discord.. and she just told me the motherboard is probably brick :-( (it wasn't the most nicest person to be fair)

Do you have an idea on how I can fix this issue ? :-/

PS: MacOS is still working, it's just during the boot sequence.

was this person your referring to happen to have a youtube channel and brag about having the most powerful ryzentosh hack in the world?

she a total scammer if it is who I think it is?

@Myfz is it Morgonaut?

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

was this person your referring to happen to have a youtube channel and brag about having the most powerful ryzentosh hack in the world?

she a total scammer if it is who I think it is?

@Myfz is it Morgonaut?

It's not her, someone from Hackintosh Paradise. Is there is a way to talk via private message, or is it ok to talk about this here ?

Did you already face to this issue with your motherboard ?

No because you can’t brick your board using mals dsdt or my Efi,

thousands or people use my files and nobody’s ever bricked a board or anything else like that using my files.

its fine to talk about it on here as you have been misinformed so it’s good for others to see what’s happened and understand and even help.

• Like 1

@Myfz Did this women you spoke to have a strong Russian accent?

whats her user name??

when you say your board is bricked do you mean your getting a stop sign when you try to boot into macOS?

if that’s the case then power off the system and then reset the bios using the bios reset button and then boot back up into the bios once it’s finished retesting itself because of the bios reset and load back in my bios profile and save and exit and all should be fine again.

if your getting a Apple logo and nothing else is happening then your need to load in my unlocked profile again or tick kernelPM in the config.plist.

Edited by AudioGod

Thank you!

So like I said this morning, everything was working perfectly fine! Dual boot with win10 / macos catalina etc.

I wanted to pimp a little bit clover with "Clover Theme Manager", and I installed a new theme (DarkbootX if I remember)3

I the config.plist  (from my MacOS hardrive) with Clover Configurator and I did the following :
- Boot : Timeout set 6sec (3sec was too short to select win10 in clover menu).
It was still working fine, so I rebooted my computer and :

- I selected the new theme with "Theme Editor" in Clover Configurator, and change the "Origination" to 3440*1440 (I have an ultrawide monitor).
The motherboard seems to read, when I try to access the bios.. however like you can see on my previous attached screen, all the boot sequence show a "noisy screen", and then MacOS start! Thankfully it's not win10 hahaha

So I tried to fix it by deleting the current EFI folder located on my MacOS SSD, and I added your EFI folder instead, because it was working perfectly before I did my update.

2 minutes ago, Myfz said:

Thank you!

So like I said this morning, everything was working perfectly fine! Dual boot with win10 / macos catalina etc.

I wanted to pimp a little bit clover with "Clover Theme Manager", and I installed a new theme (DarkbootX if I remember)3

I the config.plist  (from my MacOS hardrive) with Clover Configurator and I did the following :
- Boot : Timeout set 6sec (3sec was too short to select win10 in clover menu).
It was still working fine, so I rebooted my computer and :

- I selected the new theme with "Theme Editor" in Clover Configurator, and change the "Origination" to 3440*1440 (I have an ultrawide monitor).
The motherboard seems to read, when I try to access the bios.. however like you can see on my previous attached screen, all the boot sequence show a "noisy screen", and then MacOS start! Thankfully it's not win10 hahaha

So I tried to fix it by deleting the current EFI folder located on my MacOS SSD, and I added your EFI folder instead, because it was working perfectly before I did my update.

Reset your bios, 

I left instructions on my last message,

• Like 1

I'm gonna try to reset my bios, and I let you know! Thank for your help, I very appreciate!

Edited by Myfz

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Reset your bios, 

I left instructions on my last message,

I just reset the Bios and it did the trick! Then I load the hackintosh profile (I save your profile in my bios), and I was able to boot on both OS again!

Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by Myfz

8 hours ago, Myfz said:

I just reset the Bios and it did the trick! Then I load the hackintosh profile (I save your profile in my bios), and I was able to boot on both OS again!

Thank you so much for your help!

Awesome, you see I told you that was bad Info telling you what they did over on discord.

next time you have a problem just come on here for help as myself and many others will always be here to help you if we can. :) 

so being now in the right thread :)

I did try the OpenCore Folders from 0604 and 0405 for installing. Both boot into a russian text using interface, then allow me to click the Catalina Icon and then the interface changes to English (russian eula).

I did try the Clover Version which will allow me to select a language.

Any idea why this happens with OpenCore?

The other issue with the locked drives is based on me forgetting to create the partition for OSX first :whistle:

10 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

so being now in the right thread :)

I did try the OpenCore Folders from 0604 and 0405 for installing. Both boot into a russian text using interface, then allow me to click the Catalina Icon and then the interface changes to English (russian eula).

I did try the Clover Version which will allow me to select a language.

Any idea why this happens with OpenCore?

The other issue with the locked drives is based on me forgetting to create the partition for OSX first :whistle:

It allows you to select the correct language via OpenCore too, sometimes it skips past the page while installing via both clover and Oc, it happens but you can just skip back.

I also sent you the fix on the pro thread from somebody else to correct it but il paste it here again for you. :thumbsup_anim:

On 5/10/2020 at 1:15 PM, eSaF said:

You need to carefully read the installation notes and requirements to enable a trouble free install. To change the language, download 'PlistEdit Pro' and open your config.plist with it, go to the NVRAM section (As shown) and change to this value. Good luck.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 13.08.21.png

also I noticed you were using the wrong EFI my other thread.

use this one for 1,1 on the master.

OpenCore 058 Z390 Master 1,1 040520.zip - iMacpro1,1 IGPU Disabled

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, dredhorse said:

that didn't work for me, but I found the option in the menu to switch the language to english.

I'm using the file you linked...

thanks for all the help

It sometimes misses the option but you can just hit back to get to the language selection.

Clean install, everything working well except emulated nvram. In terminal on command: sudo nvram -c i get error : nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted. Same error on clover and opencore  booth with latest version from this thread. Any advice?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, arko27 said:

Clean install, everything working well except emulated nvram. In terminal on command: sudo nvram -c i get error : nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted. Same error on clover and opencore  booth with latest version from this thread. Any advice?

that's nothing to do with the nvram that's just how your trying to clear it.

do it via the bootpicker instead as Catalina makes using that command more default.

the nvram is totally fine.

also fun fact, I don't run a emulated nvram I run the real thing via the motherboard like most people do. :whistle:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, AudioGod said:

yes of course it does,

it will work with any 8th or 9th generation cpu using this motherboard. :thumbsup_anim:

one thing to note though,

as your cpu is a F and without a ipgu you should swap smbios to iMacPro1,1 and generate new details.

This is the perfect smbios for you.

If your using OpenCore then I have a iMacPro1,1 EFI already made up.

Enjoy Buddy :) 

Isn't iMacPro1,1 not stable with 5700 XT ? As vic1 is using RX 5700XT.

Thanks for all this... Hackintosh is running.

Except that after starting using it I run into an issue. I installed iStat Menu and everything was fine. Then I installed Intel Power Gadget (which is a requirement for iStat Menu to get CPU Frequencies) and now the System is crashing hard. The glimpse I got looking into the crashlog is talking a little bit about Istat Menu causing an issue etc..

Any idea? I haven't found a way to fix it so I'm now reinstalling. And installing first CarbonCopy to make a Backup of the installation before I install iStat or Intel Power Gadget again.

I also need to figure out why I get thrown into Bios so often because of boot failures :-/

2 hours ago, gaumatngu said:

Isn't iMacPro1,1 not stable with 5700 XT ? As vic1 is using RX 5700XT.

If your using a F series cpu then your minus a igpu so 19,1 becomes a bad option at this point and 1,1 is correct. 
1,1 is a lot better now actually with a 5700xt. Only way you can get it to crash with a Navi is if you push the hell out of the gpu via gaming for hours. Otherwise it’s solid. I’m close to removing my warning about 1,1 and a Navi actually. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dredhorse said:

Thanks for all this... Hackintosh is running.

Except that after starting using it I run into an issue. I installed iStat Menu and everything was fine. Then I installed Intel Power Gadget (which is a requirement for iStat Menu to get CPU Frequencies) and now the System is crashing hard. The glimpse I got looking into the crashlog is talking a little bit about Istat Menu causing an issue etc..

Any idea? I haven't found a way to fix it so I'm now reinstalling. And installing first CarbonCopy to make a Backup of the installation before I install iStat or Intel Power Gadget again.

I also need to figure out why I get thrown into Bios so often because of boot failures :-/

None of what is happening to you should be happening.

are you using my bios settings? Are you using my Bios Profile?

Have you added or changed whatever EFI of mine your trying to use?

if it’s crashing then there’s a reason for it and as for you boot failures dragging you into the bios.....

That is also not meant to be happening and again it leads me to wonder what you have done wrong?

you need to fill in your signature with your spec so I or anybody else knows what your system is or we can’t help pal as we are not psychic.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1