AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

I have fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI Wifi Card Continuity Handoff BCM94360CD and it's working both here and on windows.  No issues. 

What does that have to do with he’s problem? :hysterical:

7 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

Nothing! Lol!!! Just mentioning what works.  I guess he has options if it's a bad card. lol :hysterical:

That’s ok then....:thumbsup_anim: :hysterical:

The card he has is actually one of the best you can get as it’s taken straight out of a real Mac, it’s the adaptors it’s connected to that can be the problem not the card itself. It’s more then likely just a nvram and cache thing anyway.

The Fenvi T919 is one of the most used card out there for a hack and also one that I absolutely can not stand myself.

Real bad Bluetooth and the range isn’t much better and a lot of people have a lot of trouble with them, those cards are abit hit and miss to put it politely.

when they work they work though so fair play in that sense,

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Do you think that the ABWB BCM943602CS are better than the Fenvi T919 @AudioGod?

I have one of those too, and exchanged it for the Fenvi and sleep works well with it...

absolutely yes.

Anythings better then the Fenvi IMO but bare in mind I’m a hater of that card so I don’t have anything nice to say about them......:hysterical:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

go into Hackintool and clear your cache and rebuild permissions and then restart and clear the nvram at the bootpicker.

If that doesn't work then there's a batch of them wifi combo cards out there that don't work with the latest version of Cat and cause sleep to fail.

its not due to the BCM943602CS but the adaptor its using. Is it a black pcb by any chance?

I use the  ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) and it works a charm.

Also try with and without AirportBrcmFixup.kext

some cards like mine love it and some others using a different adaptor seem to hate it.

only other things I can suggest is to make sure you use one of the lowest two slots on the board. (8x at the bottom or the 1x just above it)

So far, I tried everything you mentioned, but nothing helps at least. I guess it's caused by the adapter. It's also an integrated adapter card (not a attached one). Model: IT-AWPE-01. Everything works well, except of the sleepmode when BT is powered. But, to be honest. In terms of priority, a working sleepmode is for me more worth, than  all the features of handoff, airdrop, automatic login via watch etc. I mainly use ethernet and I've also a BT Dongle (CSR) , which works as well quiet nice as well.  I will send this card back. Unfortunately the ABWB is currently not deliverable . So I will continue with the "dongle" version. Maybe when the card is again deliverable, I will upgrade :). But anyhow, thanks for the support.

IMG_0823.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

Hey @AudioGod

Ive been reading you're a bit of a dab hand at overclocking.

Ive managed to get a stable 5ghz on a i7 9700k 3.6ghz, trying to push it to 5.1.

Are you able to share some brief overclocking settings you used? Im wondering to change my AVX offset from 0 to -2.

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

Hey @AudioGod

Ive been reading you're a bit of a dab hand at overclocking.

Ive managed to get a stable 5ghz on a i7 9700k 3.6ghz, trying to push it to 5.1.

Are you able to share some brief overclocking settings you used? Im wondering to change my AVX offset from 0 to -2.

Cheers!

Hey buddy,

check your inbox ;) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ryanafdahl said:

I'm also looking for advise on overclocking. I've reached 4.9 stable. But aida pushes things over when I move to 5.0. Any recommendations / bios settings would be amazing!

what cpu and what is your Overckock voltage and frequency?

• Like 1

i9 9900k / 1.285 / 49 I followed that basic gigabyte guide. But then also left the vaxg to auto. When I put that to turbo i get an instant hard lockup w/ aida. I've been reading as much as I can on boards/reddit but haven't found specific notes/suggestions, other than go slow and test it...and I have. Currently I'm sitting @ 4.9 w/ full load temps ~ 70. I think i'm in a pretty good place but would love to see a stable 5.0. Thanks for any advise and of course this EXCELLENT opencore package for our mobo.

21 minutes ago, ryanafdahl said:

i9 9900k / 1.285 / 49 I followed that basic gigabyte guide. But then also left the vaxg to auto. When I put that to turbo i get an instant hard lockup w/ aida. I've been reading as much as I can on boards/reddit but haven't found specific notes/suggestions, other than go slow and test it...and I have. Currently I'm sitting @ 4.9 w/ full load temps ~ 70. I think i'm in a pretty good place but would love to see a stable 5.0. Thanks for any advise and of course this EXCELLENT opencore package for our mobo.

a 9900k that can do 5ghz and not be golden uses between 1.32 and 1.35v generally.

also don’t overclock your corecache and leave it at stock. That’s something that gigabyte say to do straight away and they are totally wrong on that front.

once the overclock is dialed then you try and push the core cache and not before.

Hello, good afternoon, this compilation also works with an Intel 9100f, both DSDT and SSDT, everything works as smoothly as possible with an RX 5700 XT and SMBios iMac19,1, thanks for your enormous work. Greetings from Spain.

3 minutes ago, vic1 said:

Hello, good afternoon, this compilation also works with an Intel 9100f, both DSDT and SSDT, everything works as smoothly as possible with an RX 5700 XT and SMBios iMac19,1, thanks for your enormous work. Greetings from Spain.

yes of course it does,

it will work with any 8th or 9th generation cpu using this motherboard. :thumbsup_anim:

one thing to note though,

as your cpu is a F and without a ipgu you should swap smbios to iMacPro1,1 and generate new details.

This is the perfect smbios for you.

If your using OpenCore then I have a iMacPro1,1 EFI already made up.

Enjoy Buddy :) 

Edited by AudioGod

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

yes of course it does,

it will work with any 8th or 9th generation cpu using this motherboard. :thumbsup_anim:

one thing to note though,

as your cpu is a F and without a ipgu you should swap smbios to iMacPro1,1 and generate new details.

This is the perfect smbios for you.

If your using OpenCore then I have a iMacPro1,1 EFI already made up.

Enjoy Buddy :) 

Thanks for this information, I will do it, greetings

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

Hey @AudioGod

I’m running your slightly modified 0.5.5 config for my hackintosh and still on Mojave. Can I just upgrade to Catalina or is there something specific I need to do?

Your need to update your version of OC otherwise yes.

18 hours ago, ryanafdahl said:

i9 9900k / 1.285 / 49 I followed that basic gigabyte guide. But then also left the vaxg to auto. When I put that to turbo i get an instant hard lockup w/ aida. I've been reading as much as I can on boards/reddit but haven't found specific notes/suggestions, 

try this , it works 

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

no do not try that....wow @texemwhat bad advice.

never powersave overclock its a load of rubbish and a totally fake overclocks.

good advise, operating here that way :D

and btw: what should happen ? CPU jumping out of the socket and shows "no , not with me " :hysterical: 

Edited by texem

9 minutes ago, texem said:

good advise, operating here that way :D

and btw: what should happen ? CPU jumping out of the socket and shows "no , not with me " :hysterical: 

Dude your shocking me if you don’t understand why that’s not a good idea.

noo nothing will break but it’s a fake overclock and it’s that simple.

you might as well get a bit of A4 paper and write your number on that and then claim that’s what your Oc is, just as fake.....lol

Edited by AudioGod
  • Haha 1

I want to know more about over clocking.  Any recommended guides to read?  I have a i5 9600kf. 6 case fans and a coolmaster hyper 212 evo.  Still have to set up the two thermostats properly as I have not installed them yet but need to do more research on that also.  

image1.jpeg

On 5/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, AudioGod said:

Your need to update your version of OC otherwise yes.

Thanks.

0.5.5 already supported Catalina but since you're recommending an upgrade, I assume something changed. Anything in particular that applies to Catalina?

Just now, M0r1d1n said:

Thanks.

0.5.5 already supported Catalina but since you're recommending an upgrade, I assume something changed. Anything in particular that applies to Catalina?

To put it simply OpenCore has been totally rewritten maybe twice since 0.5.5 so the inner workings and config have change a lot. It’s a lot more stable and solid now.