AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Check your inbox and reply here buddy not by PM.

good luck and I’m waiting to hear the result and how awesome your audio works now for you. :) 

It seems to be working fine now and so far there were no hickhups :)
Mate, you helped me a great deal with that. Thanks again!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kolutshan said:

It seems to be working fine now and so far there were no hickhups :)
Mate, you helped me a great deal with that. Thanks again!

Glad to hear it and you won’t get anymore hiccups don’t worry. 
I use logic, cubase, wavelabs, komplete and a ton of other stuff and was well aware of this problem and also knew why and set the fix in motion by talking to the gigabyte engineers about it and a few days later they sent me back the firmware with the fix so I promise you right now that’s the end of choppy audio for you.

load up a track and go bananas hitting play, rewind, stop and try and make it fail as it won’t anymore and will stand solid and strong..

Enjoy buddy and write a killer :) 

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Glad to hear it and you won’t get anymore hiccups don’t worry. 
I use logic, cubase, wavelabs, komplete and a ton of other stuff and was well aware of this problem and also knew why and set the fix in motion by talking to the gigabyte engineers about it  a few days later sent me back the firmware with the fix so I promise you right now that’s the end of choppy audio.

load up a track and go bananas hitting play, rewind, stop and try and make it fail as it won’t anymore and will stand solid and strong..

Enjoy buddy and write a killer :) 

I've just installed Cubase and Wavelab and now the current UAD software is being installed, while Spotify is playing some soothing music - without any choppy audio :)
Thanks for asking Gigabyte for the fixed firmware! I hope I can write new stuff soon (
https://soundcloud.com/painfilter/)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kolutshan said:

I've just installed Cubase and Wavelab and now the current UAD software is being installed, while Spotify is playing some soothing music - without any choppy audio :)
Thanks for asking Gigabyte for the fixed firmware! I hope I can write new stuff soon (
https://soundcloud.com/painfilter/)

I have a UAD Apollo and she purrs like a kitten on my hack :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I have a UAD Apollo and she purrs like a kitten on my hack :) 

I have lots of outboard stuff (synths, eq's, compressors etc.) so I need lots of channels and somehow I always liked RME audio interfaces. But I'm also an UAD fan and have one TB3 Satellite and an pcie Octo card. Thanks to you, I can now use all of those toys on my hack again :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I have this weird "tearing" sound when booting up, both with Clover and OpenCore. Has anyone got a solution? It happens during boot-up, when the slider is sliding under the apple logo on a black background. All else working fine, apart from this.

I aLso have NOT been able to get the boot chime working, no matter what I do. Any help would be really appreciated!

Record-002.mp3

config.plist

3 minutes ago, Jasper Levi said:

Hi Guys, I have this weird "tearing" sound when booting up, both with Clover and OpenCore. Has anyone got a solution? It happens during boot-up, when the slider is sliding under the apple logo on a black background. All else working fine, apart from this.

I aLso have NOT been able to get the boot chime working, no matter what I do. Any help would be really appreciated!

Record-002.mp3

config.plist

It’s standard with the z390 master and caused by its special dac that only gets used via there own drivers in windows.

There’s no fix that I know of and it’s a minor really as there’s no harm To anything what so ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

It’s standard with the z390 master and caused by its special dac that only gets used via there own drivers in windows.

There’s no fix that I know of and it’s a minor really as there’s no harm To anything what so ever.

Thanks for that quick response! That's a great relief... what about the boot chime in OpenCore? If you will take a look at my config.plist, I have everything down. I think the only thing missing is the correct value for Audio Out.

9 minutes ago, Jasper Levi said:

Thanks for that quick response! That's a great relief... what about the boot chime in OpenCore? If you will take a look at my config.plist, I have everything down. I think the only thing missing is the correct value for Audio Out.

I have zero interest in the boot chime as it brings zero to the table and your having to add an extra driver just for it so for this reason I’ve never even attempted to try it and I never will too...lol

if you ask over on the OpenCore Thread you may get some help but be warned, the chances are if one of the devs reads it they will probably tell you off....hahahaha (I kid not aswell)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

the wakes from sleep you are describing are correct and that is power nap doing it’s thing. You can turn it off via powersvings. All it’s doing is waking up and checking the mail, iCloud, etc etc and then going back to sleep. This is correct behaviour 100%

About the Res - I'm running 2 4K monitors scaled down too 1440p with no issues.

try turning off your override to see if it’s the cause?

are you sure the res isn’t correct and it’s scaling it up?

Go into the config.plist and under output check the resolution and set it to your display or set it too Max

Thank you very much for the explanation in regards to sleep. This does make sense indeed. I disabled power nap now. :)

In regards to the resolution, it was indeed because of the "Resolution" field in config.plist. Apparently in the latest release it was "2560x1440", while in the NDK 0.5.7 it was "Max". I changed it to "Max" in your latest release and it seems to work as it did previously. On the OS selection the text is now too small, but in MacOS all is good. I use scaling in MacOS to look like 2560x1440 for the 4K screens.

Is there any advantage in using the Resolution field instead of MacOS's scaling?

Thanks for the help!

14 minutes ago, aaXelm said:

Thank you very much for the explanation in regards to sleep. This does make sense indeed. I disabled power nap now. :)

In regards to the resolution, it was indeed because of the "Resolution" field in config.plist. Apparently in the latest release it was "2560x1440", while in the NDK 0.5.7 it was "Max". I changed it to "Max" in your latest release and it seems to work as it did previously. On the OS selection the text is now too small, but in MacOS all is good. I use scaling in MacOS to look like 2560x1440 for the 4K screens.

Is there any advantage in using the Resolution field instead of MacOS's scaling?

Thanks for the help!

that’s my fault,

I set my res too 2560x1440 as my screen is 4K and it’s too small if I set too max.

i should of set it too max for the thread but totally forgot. I will correct that one.

@AudioGod you absolute legend.

Aorus master just arrived in the post and had it up and running within 20 minutes thanks to your EFI and Bios profile. Probably the quickest setup I’ve ever had.

Thanks mate!

Quick one: Are sata HDDs ignored by default? They’re showing up on the bios but not in Catalina. (Using Opencore)

Edited by ainsleyclark
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

Aorus master just arrived in the post and had it up and running within 20 minutes thanks to your EFI and Bios profile. Probably the quickest setup I’ve ever had.

Thanks mate!

Quick one: Are sata HDDs ignored by default? They’re showing up on the bios but not in Catalina.

No they should show as default.

check to make sure they are not disabled in the bios and also the NVMe slots cuts off certain sata ports to share lanes so make sure your not conflicting like that.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

the wakes from sleep you are describing are correct and that is power nap doing it’s thing. You can turn it off via powersvings. All it’s doing is waking up and checking the mail, iCloud, etc etc and then going back to sleep. This is correct behaviour 100%

About the Res - I'm running 2 4K monitors scaled down too 1440p with no issues.

try turning off your override to see if it’s the cause?

are you sure the res isn’t correct and it’s scaling it up?

Go into the config.plist and under output check the resolution and set it to your display or set it too Max

What do you mean a resolution issue buddy?

at the bootpicker or in macOS?

instead of using Max set your res. (I set mine to 2560x1440 cos 4K is too small for me)

Hi Mate, thanks for the tip changed the resolution from MAX to 2560x1080 as suggested works great ! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the Hdd tip @AudioGod

Have you encountered any issues with the board in terms of sleep?

Mine sleeps for about 2 seconds then just powers on again. 

I noticed there’s no slide value set in your EFI. And wonder it may have to do with that.

Thanks again mate.

5 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

Thanks for the Hdd tip @AudioGod

Have you encountered any issues with the board in terms of sleep?

Mine sleeps for about 2 seconds then just powers on again. 

I noticed there’s no slide value set in your EFI. And wonder it may have to do with that.

Thanks again mate.

No don’t add a slide value whatever you do.

ocquirks handles all things like that. 
using hackintool clear your cache And rebuild your permissions and then restart and at the bootpicker reset your nvram.

also use airportbrcmfixup if you removed it from my EFI.

Edited by AudioGod

13 minutes ago, ainsleyclark said:

That did the trick @AudioGod cheers!

Is it because I recently changed SMBios and Hardware a rebuild of kext cache & permissions would clear things out?

Im using the BCM943602CS and have had airportbrcmfixup in there from the start.

Any time you change bios firmware, smbios, different EFI or hardware changes you should always clear out the NVRam as standard otherwise you create a bit of mess inside it causing things like sleep not to work or slower booting etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

using hackintool clear your cache And rebuild your permissions and then restart and at the bootpicker reset your nvram.

Sorry I just want to make sure I do this correctly.  I do this every time my EFI gets modified or updated?

I use Hackintool - Go to Utilities - go to the bottom right button that says - Rebuild KextCache and Rebuild Permissions.  When this is done.  I restart the computer and hold down "option, command, p, r" all at the same time during startup.  To hear the sound I should be plug into the headset?  I'm trying to figure out how I will know that the NVRAM reset worked.

21 hours ago, ainsleyclark said:

Thanks mate!

Quick one: Are sata HDDs ignored by default? They’re showing up on the bios but not in Catalina. (Using Opencore)

I had the same issue.  You need to have all your drives as GPT and not MBR.  UFEI don't recognize MBR.  You can change Boot -> CSM Support -> Enable

That will show u all your drives.  I had to change everything to GPT so it took me a day moving things around but now everything shows up.  My windows was on MBR and had to get it on GPT so that it will boot up correctly with UFEI and OC.  Best thing I did so that I can use everything here as it should be.

6 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

I had the same issue.  You need to have all your drives as GPT and not MBR.  UFEI don't recognize MBR.  You can change Boot -> CSM Support -> Enable

That will show u all your drives.  I had to change everything to GPT so it took me a day moving things around but now everything shows up.  My windows was on MBR and had to get it on GPT so that it will boot up correctly with UFEI and OC.  Best thing I did so that I can use everything here as it should be.

For OpenCore you can do it as you are or you press space at the bootpicker and then select reset nvram.

For Clover press F11 at the clover bootpicker and then restart. 

Hi,

first of all, great work. I used exactly that config on OpenCore latest Version and have more less the same hardware (Z390 MAster, 9700k, 5700XT, 32GB, 970 Evo, WifiCard BCM943602CS incl. BT 4.1)....

But I've an issue with my PCI WifiCard BCM943602CS incl. Bluetooth via USB. Connected to the internal USB2 Hub, the Bluetooth adapter always wakes up my hackintosh immediately after sleep. When I disconnect the USB bluetooth from that card, I've no issues and my hackintosh sleeps like a baby :) and only wakes up until I hit my keyboard. Can this be solved anyhow?

Cheers

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matkhe said:

Hi,

first of all, great work. I used exactly that config on OpenCore latest Version and have more less the same hardware (Z390 MAster, 9700k, 5700XT, 32GB, 970 Evo, WifiCard BCM943602CS incl. BT 4.1)....

But I've an issue with my PCI WifiCard BCM943602CS incl. Bluetooth via USB. Connected to the internal USB2 Hub, the Bluetooth adapter always wakes up my hackintosh immediately after sleep. When I disconnect the USB bluetooth from that card, I've no issues and my hackintosh sleeps like a baby :) and only wakes up until I hit my keyboard. Can this be solved anyhow?

Cheers

go into Hackintool and clear your cache and rebuild permissions and then restart and clear the nvram at the bootpicker.

If that doesn't work then there's a batch of them wifi combo cards out there that don't work with the latest version of Cat and cause sleep to fail.

its not due to the BCM943602CS but the adaptor its using. Is it a black pcb by any chance?

I use the  ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) and it works a charm.

Also try with and without AirportBrcmFixup.kext

some cards like mine love it and some others using a different adaptor seem to hate it.

only other things I can suggest is to make sure you use one of the lowest two slots on the board. (8x at the bottom or the 1x just above it)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

go into Hackintool and clear your cache and rebuild permissions and then restart and clear the nvram at the bootpicker.

If that doesn't work then there's a batch of them wifi combo cards out there that don't work with the latest version of Cat and cause sleep to fail.

its not due to the BCM943602CS but the adaptor its using. Is it a black pcb by any chance?

I use the  ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) and it works a charm.

Also try with and without AirportBrcmFixup.kext

some cards like mine love it and some others using a different adaptor seem to hate it.

only other things I can suggest is to make sure you use one of the lowest two slots on the board. (8x at the bottom or the 1x just above it)

I have fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI Wifi Card Continuity Handoff BCM94360CD and it's working both here and on windows.  No issues. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1