AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod or other users can't help you if you don't give some precision: what EFI folder, BIOS, Bootloader, macOS etc are you using? 

Don't forget: 

Can you post in English, language used for help request:)

why this warning pops up during opencore boot

21 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Fill in your signature with your full system spec so anybody helping you can see what your using.

Then you must be doing something wrong fella and that’s not enough information for anybody to even try and start to help you. Sorry

I filled my signature. Hopefully this is enough information.

4 minutes ago, Quiggycn said:

I filled my signature. Hopefully this is enough information.

So your trying are you trying to run igpu only or is there a amd gpu as well as a 980 in there too?

how you disabling the 980?

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

So your trying are you trying to run igpu only or is there a amd gpu as well as a 980 in there too?

how you disabling the 980?

I try to use the IGPU only which is connected to the display through the mainboards HDMI interface. Disabling the Nvidia Card with boot arg -wegnoegpu.

1 minute ago, Quiggycn said:

I try to use the IGPU only which is connected to the display through the mainboards HDMI interface. Disabling the Nvidia Card with boot arg -wegnoegpu.

My EFI isn’t designed to work with just the igpu. You need to add the correct Framebuffer for the cpu hd630 and change the smbios to a macmini

Edited by AudioGod

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

My EFI isn’t designed to work with just the igpu. You need to add the correct Framebuffer for the cpu hd630 and change the smbios to a macmini

Already did the Framebuffer Adjustments as Hackintool suggested  Ig-platform-id 07009B3E device-id 9B3E0000. Will change to Mac mini now...

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

why this warning pops up during opencore boot

20200503_155613.jpg

Edited by seha39

50 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Complete su firma con las especificaciones completas de su sistema para que cualquiera que lo ayude pueda ver lo que está usando.

Entonces debes estar haciendo algo mal, amigo, y eso no es suficiente información para que alguien incluso intente comenzar a ayudarte. Lo siento

I9900k

gigabyte z390 aourus master

amd radeon vii

gskill trident z 64gb

corsair h115i pro

6 hours ago, seha39 said:

Bu uyarı neden çıkıyor 

20200503_155613.jpg

I had that first too : OCS: No schema for Protocols at 5 index!, to fix it is simple you go to to your config.plist >UEFI>PROTOCOLS and the name changed to PROTOCOLOVERRIDE, rename it and it solves the first line...

I solved my problem with the help of @MacNB, thanks to him...

This is my build: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (Success) 

Again thank you for everything.  I could not get it working with all the other information out there. Seems they made a lot of changes this BIOS update.  I have everything workin as you mentioned here.

CPU: Intel i5-9600KF   Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit 8GB GDRR5

Case: Cooler Master MCB-Q500L-KANN-S00

My Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 600W ATX 12V V2.3/EP

Hard Drive: addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3x4 M.2 2280 I have Windows 10 on another hard drive and everything is working there as well.

Wifi/Bluetooth: fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI Wifi Card Continuity Handoff BCM94360CD 

EFI: Clover Z390 Master Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

BIOS Setting from here worked better for me as for some reason the BIOS settings here caused a hard reset that also reset my BIOS.

7 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

This is my build: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master (Success) 

Again thank you for everything.  I could not get it working with all the other information out there. Seems they made a lot of changes this BIOS update.  I have everything workin as you mentioned here.

CPU: Intel i5-9600KF   Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

GPU: MSI Gaming Radeon RX 570 256-bit 8GB GDRR5

Case: Cooler Master MCB-Q500L-KANN-S00

My Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

Power Supply: Thermaltake SMART 600W ATX 12V V2.3/EP

Hard Drive: addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3x4 M.2 2280 I have Windows 10 on another hard drive and everything is working there as well.

Wifi/Bluetooth: fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI Wifi Card Continuity Handoff BCM94360CD 

EFI: Clover Z390 Master Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

BIOS Setting from here worked better for me as for some reason the BIOS settings here caused a hard reset that also reset my BIOS.

Glasgood’s guide bios settings are wrong for my EFI, The ones on page one of this thread are the correct settings to use as they are made to go with my EFI that your using, 

Enjoy

(My notes are always updated with my EFIs where as Glasgood doesn’t have the time to keep hes guide in check with mine and I don’t have the power to change it for him or I would)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Glasgood’s guide bios settings are wrong for my EFI, The ones on page one of this thread are the correct settings to use as they are made to go with my EFI that your using, 

Enjoy

(My notes are always updated with my EFIs where as Glasgood doesn’t have the time to keep hes guide in check with mine and I don’t have the power to change it for him or I would)

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C) Here are my changes from yours.  So far one day running with no issues.  For some reason yesterday I had a hard crash with an automatic reset on my BIOS.  I don't mind messing around with it but just sharing what I have.  If you need anything from me let me know.  

Enter BIOS  Press Delete  Enter Setup

Save & Exit  Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL. - I have Other OS

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first) I have Enabled

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice) I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled - I did not have this Option anywhere

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M - I did not have this Option anywhere

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M - I did not have this Option anywhere

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB - I have 512
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled - I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled - I have Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto - I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled  - I did not have this Option anywhere

9 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C) Here are my changes from yours.  So far one day running with no issues.  For some reason yesterday I had a hard crash with an automatic reset on my BIOS.  I don't mind messing around with it but just sharing what I have.  If you need anything from me let me know.  

Enter BIOS  Press Delete  Enter Setup

Save & Exit  Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL. - I have Other OS

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first) I have Enabled

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice) I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled - I did not have this Option anywhere

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M - I did not have this Option anywhere

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M - I did not have this Option anywhere

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB - I have 512
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled - I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled - I have Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto - I have Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled  - I did not have this Option anywhere

Hmmmmm where do I begin here......

Onboard WiFi is not compatible at all so you can disable that otherwise your causing conflicts.

Above 4G should also be enabled to allow a larger memory region for memory allocation.

Do not raise the aperture to 512mb and leave it at its default setting of 256mb

You can use otherOS but it’s not correct as this is a old legacy setting where as you want pure UEFI so win 8/10whql is actually the correct choice (pure UEFI) with win 8/10 the next best choice.

you have a KF CPU so obviously you will not have any igpu options and same thing for render standby.

since you have a KF CPU you should also not be using smbios 19,1 and should switch to iMacpro1,1 plus remove shikigva=80 from the boot arguments.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Hmmmmm where do I begin here......

Onboard WiFi is not compatible at all so you can disable that otherwise yours causing conflicts.

Above 4G should also be enabled to allow a larger memory region for memory allocation.

Do not raise the aperture to 512mb and leave it at its default setting of 256mb

You can use otherOS but it’s not correct as this is a old legacy setting where as you want pure UEFI so win 8/10whql is actually the correct choice (pure UEFI) with win 8/10 the next best choice.

you have a KF so obviously you will not have any igpu options and same thing for render standby.

since you have a KF CPU you should also not be using smbios 19,1 and should switch to iMacpro1,1 plus remove shikigva=80 from the boot arguments.

Thanks! I'll make changes and will report back in a couple of days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fullyarm said:

Thanks! I'll make changes and will report back in a couple of days. 

imacpro1,1 is perfect for your setup with my recommend changes. Your be a lot happier believe me.

Make sure you generate new details for smbios 1,1 and I also have a ready made OpenCore version of 1,1 up on page one that I highly recommend, more so then clover now days.

its the new king bootloader on the block IMO :thumbsup_anim:

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

imacpro1,1 is perfect for your setup with my recommend changes. Your be a lot happier believe me.

Make sure you generate new details for smbios 1,1 and I also have a ready made OpenCore version of 1,1 up on page one that I highly recommend, more so then clover now days.

its the new king bootloader on the block IMO :thumbsup_anim:

i will try it also.  I'm just happy as this is my first hackintosh and really happy i got this board.   I appreciate you!

2 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

i will try it also.  I'm just happy as this is my first hackintosh and really happy i got this board.   I appreciate you!

LoL your very welcome.

Good luck and Enjoy :) 

@Fullyarm P.S one more tip is read though my notes on page one as there’s many little helpers there for you and also use my MSR unlocked profile to give you a unlocked MSR and all the correct bios settings. Again it’s all explained on page one and all the files you need are there for you too.

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

Should I use your profile or just make the changes on mine for the BIOS?  I don't mind as I'm testing. 

Use my profile as it unlocks your MSR 

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, Fullyarm said:

How do I make it's unlocked?

Also for the Opencore can I use Clover to get my MLB, SN and UUID or is there a better way?

it’s automatic when you load in the profile. I have done all the work of unlocking it for you.

instructions on how to do are on page one.

yep you can use your clover details if you have them already for 1,1 or you can generate new ones using clover configurator but for opencare you need to use plist pro to edit your information into the OpenCore config.plist (again all on page one with diagrams) :) 

note - DO NOT have plist pro open and use clover config at the same time as it will chuck unwanted information across to plist pro.

Edited by AudioGod

31 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

it’s automatic when you load in the profile. I have done all the work of unlocking it for you.

instructions on how to do are on page one.

yep you can use your clover details if you have them already for 1,1 or you can generate new ones using clover configurator but for opencare you need to use plist pro to edit your information into the OpenCore config.plist (again all on page one with diagrams) :) 

note - DO NOT have plist pro open and use clover config at the same time as it will chuck unwanted information across to plist pro.

All done, So far so good.  I'll let you know if anything.  

• Like 1

Greetings from Chicago! I really appreciate your time and dedication in providing a thorough guide to build a hackintosh with Z390 Aorus Master motherboard. Here's my setup:

Z390 Aorus Master (F11c with the MSR unlocked profile - only changed RGB profile :P)

i7 9700K

32GB DDR4 (4x8GB of SK Hynix RAM pulled from my other PC)

Aorus RX 5700XT

BCM94360CD

860 EVO 500GB (with the intention of changing to 970 Evo Plus once there's stock)

Now, I ran into a couple issues in case anyone is going through similar problems.

First, I had a Micron 2200S NVME 512GB drive (again, from another prebuilt PC) installed with all 4 sticks of RAM. When it first boots from USB drive using clover, computer would restart once it reaches almost exactly 50% (when it displays the Apple logo for the first time). I had a 860 EVO so I plugged that in, but same issue. I took out Micron 2200S, but still ran into the same issue. I then removed two of the RAM, and it finally went through!

After all the setup, I started to put the RAM back in, but ran into same error. I was extremely confused as to why and thought maybe I should buy 2x16GB RAM. After some much needed break, I put in one RAM at a time and now all 4 RAM are in, reading 32GB total. Don't know why it threw me those errors at first.

Then the NVME drive...no matter what I do with it, I get the same error when computer restarts after reaching 50% of load. My intention was to install Catalina on the NVME and install Windows 10 on the 860 EVO, but this Micron NVME will not work. Cannot boot into Catalina with the Micron just hooked up to the drive, let alone trying to install on it without connecting 860 EVO. So I guess not all NVME can work. I've got 970 EVO/EVO Plus in all my other PC's and Mac's, but as one can tell from the RAM and NVME I was trying to use, I did not want to spend too much after getting all the other components.

Anyways, thanks to @AudioGod I now have a functioning Hackintosh!

Edited by dhk4023

21 hours ago, Quiggycn said:

Already did the Framebuffer Adjustments as Hackintool suggested  Ig-platform-id 07009B3E device-id 9B3E0000. Will change to Mac mini now...

I found the solution for IGPU Only mode. It is a common issue with OS X 10.15.4. The following allows the usage of your EFI for IGPU only:

- Get the normal EFI Download from 1st post.

- Adjust the config.plist:

1. Remove shiki bootargs

2. add igfxonln=1 bootarg (prevent HDMI issues after wake) and -wegnoegpu (Disable dedicated gpu)

- Add the right Framebuffer settings for the IGPU under Devices - Properties

For i9900k with Intel UHD 930 its: plattform-id 3E9B0007 and device id 0x3E988086. Patch can easily created with Hackintool.

So this EFI can be used with IGPU only also!

Edited by Quiggycn
  • Like 3