AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DarkMan2003 said:

I had same problem. I reset bios with button in backplate, then i restore settings with config file from AdioGod.

Thank you for the advice - I'll try.
Does it fix the problem permanently or do you have it from time to time?

1 hour ago, photom said:

One thing that made a huge difference for me is to turn the computer OFF completely → remove the BIOS battery → wait 10 -15 minutes and then put it back in. BEFORE INSTALLING MACOS.

I did so before installing MacOS

Edited by Filip71

7 hours ago, Filip71 said:

Thank you for the advice - I'll try.
Does it fix the problem permanently or do you have it from time to time?

I did so before installing MacOS

I had it few times. Not sure, but I think it was after I use windows.  Also I found that after resetting bios and restoring the config, I should make other configs in one time, as a avx, voltage and etc. before I choose save and exit. Otherwise I had same problem if I do it separately.

7 hours ago, DarkMan2003 said:

I had it few times. Not sure, but I think it was after I use windows.  Also I found that after resetting bios and restoring the config, I should make other configs in one time, as a avx, voltage and etc. before I choose save and exit. Otherwise I had same problem if I do it separately.

Cooool !!
Thanks for the advice - after resetting Bios and uploading the "F11c unlocked" settings, MacOs has started.
So the culprit is Bios and settings / or their changes.
I will try on your advice to explore the subject of corrections in avx and Voltage.

I will add that I got this error twice after using "restart MacOs"

Once again, many thanks for the advice - now at least I know where to look for a mistake :)

Edited by Filip71

Hi guys, can you help a girl out? I'm building a mini ITX for my dad during this quarantine. I've updated the bios to the latest version, which is 8c for the z390I pro wifi and tried the following bios settings but installation always gets stuck and restart at the 2 minutes remaining. 

Motherboard: z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi

Graphic: AMD Radeon RX 570

CPU: i5-8400 LGA 1151

BIOS SETTINGS

Enter BIOS  Press F12  Enter Setup

Save & Exit  Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration ->  XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Edit: This is the EFI I've used Clover Z390 Pro Polaris EFI 260320.zip

Do you have any suggestions?

Has anyone successfully installed Catalina on the z390I pro? :worried_anim:

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Essentiial
added EFI file

1 minute ago, Essentiial said:

Hi guys, can you help a girl out? I'm building a mini ITX for my dad during this quarantine. I've updated the bios to the latest version, which is 8c for the z390I pro wifi and tried the following bios settings but installation always gets stuck and restart at the 2 minutes remaining. 

Motherboard: z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi

Graphic: AMD Radeon RX 570

CPU: i5-8400 LGA 1151

BIOS SETTINGS

Enter BIOS  Press F12  Enter Setup

Save & Exit  Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration ->  XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Do you have any suggestions?

Has anyone successfully installed Catalina on the z390I pro? :worried_anim:

Thank you in advance!

What EFI / Bootloader are you trying to use?

Edited by AudioGod

@Essential Use this EFI instead. 

Clover Z390 Pro Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

I did you a Oc version and then pulled it because I remembered after that I made a version that works with your board...lol

sorry I’m abit loopy today and forgot lololol :) 

Edited by AudioGod

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Essential Use this EFI instead. 

Clover Z390 Pro Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - RX500 Polaris Series (RX590, 580, 570 etc) DSDT EFI

I did you a Oc version and then pulled it because I remembered after that I made a version that works with your board...lol

sorry I’m abit loopy today and forgot lololol :) 

LOL okay i don't have this new version. I'll try it and report back! I thank ya.

4 minutes ago, Essentiial said:

LOL okay i don't have this new version. I'll try it and report back! I thank ya.

No problem.

if for any reason it doesn’t work for you then just let me know and il throw you the OpenCore EFI instead. Should work fine for you now. :thumbsup_anim:

On 4/25/2020 at 11:05 AM, AudioGod said:

No problem.

if for any reason it doesn’t work for you then just let me know and il throw you the OpenCore EFI instead. Should work fine for you now. :thumbsup_anim:

It worked!! my dad will be very happy. I just need to get my dvd burner to work now. Thank you so much!!!!! :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essentiial said:

It worked!! my dad will be very happy. I just need to get my dvd burner to work now. Thank you so much!!!!! :D

Awesome, Your very welcome but what’s wrong with your burner, that should work OTB no problems.

Keep an eye out for future updates of the EFIs, I generally update them monthly unless the needs comes to do it sooner.

and this thread is actually dedicated to the Z390 Master but if you go to my other thread it’s dedicated to the Z390 Pro here.

Edited by AudioGod

@seha39????? What’s the problem buddy I’m not understanding?

Dude please don’t spam the thread like that and remove your double post and also remove the quote of my entire 1st page please and if you want help no problem but at least explain yourself so I understand as I can’t help you if I don’t know what your going on about fella.

thanks topless gangster dude....:hysterical: (jokes)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

@AudioGod I have been subscribed to the thread and I read every message here. Thanks for still helping everyone. You're awesome my friend!

Today I wanted to upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4 Catalina. And it won't due to old efi. So I read your original thread again and replaced it with your new efi for 15.4 and bam it worked liked a charm. All my previous issues and tiny bugs were also automatically resolved agar updating to 15.4. thank you so much. The steroid I followed were as followed:
0. Clicked on update my Mac last week without any success.
1. Replaced efi with your's new one.
2. Used unlocked cfg profile from your setup.
3. Loaded new profile and rebooted system.
4. It automatically booted into the "update" boot setting.
5. Profit

Can't thank you enough!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texasdude11 said:

@AudioGod I have been subscribed to the thread and I read every message here. Thanks for still helping everyone. You're awesome my friend!

Today I wanted to upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4 Catalina. And it won't due to old efi. So I read your original thread again and replaced it with your new efi for 15.4 and bam it worked liked a charm. All my previous issues and tiny bugs were also automatically resolved agar updating to 15.4. thank you so much. The steroid I followed were as followed:
0. Clicked on update my Mac last week without any success.
1. Replaced efi with your's new one.
2. Used unlocked cfg profile from your setup.
3. Loaded new profile and rebooted system.
4. It automatically booted into the "update" boot setting.
5. Profit

Can't thank you enough!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

That’s awesome and your most welcome,

Enjoy :) 

Hi @AudioGod, firstly thanks for the guide, it's been really helpful in explaining a lot with regards to how this setup all works. I've successfully had a Mojave install with Clover bootloader running on my Aorus Z390 Master with a 9900k and Saphire RX580 with no issues. Trying to do a clean install of Catalina with OpenCore using the 19,1 opencore EFI on a blank Samsung 970 EVO NVME and can boot into the installer with no issues.  However when I select the drive to install Catalina to (which I have tried formatting as HFS and APFS) and then click install, the install macOS Catalina app closes and chucks me back to the macOS utilities screen. Have tried multiple USB ports on the board but still the same result and can't seem to figure it out! I wondered if this was something you've come across?

29 minutes ago, mark3p said:

Hi @AudioGod, firstly thanks for the guide, it's been really helpful in explaining a lot with regards to how this setup all works. I've successfully had a Mojave install with Clover bootloader running on my Aorus Z390 Master with a 9900k and Saphire RX580 with no issues. Trying to do a clean install of Catalina with OpenCore using the 19,1 opencore EFI on a blank Samsung 970 EVO NVME and can boot into the installer with no issues.  However when I select the drive to install Catalina to (which I have tried formatting as HFS and APFS) and then click install, the install macOS Catalina app closes and chucks me back to the macOS utilities screen. Have tried multiple USB ports on the board but still the same result and can't seem to figure it out! I wondered if this was something you've come across?

No never heard of that one before, that new.

remove all drives apart from the NVMe you want to use to install too and try again buddy.

make sure your using my MSR Unlocked profile and the correct firmware revision and if you don’t want to unlock your MSR using my profile then make sure your using my bios settings as per page one and Change the oc config to work with a locked MSR.

also make sure you clear your nvram.

this has nothing to do with usb by the sound of it. Very strange.

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No never heard of that one before, that new.

remove all drives apart from the NVMe you want to use to install too and try again buddy.

make sure your using my MSR Unlocked profile and the correct firmware revision and if you don’t want to unlock your MSR using my profile then make sure your using my bios settings as per page one and Chang the oc config to work with a locked MSR.

also make sure you clear your nvram.

this has nothing to do with usb by the sound of it. Very strange.

Yup, using your MSR unlock profile and have it saved in my bios profiles. Haven't tweaked anything else or restored my overclock yet either as wanted to follow 100%. All other drives removed as didn't want to kill my Mojave or windows. Just tried with Clover and it's doing the same there so it's not OpenCore related.

One thing I did note is the current Catalina 10.15.4 installer pulled down from Apple on a legit macbook is huge, 8.4gb on the USB (had to use a 16gb to get around that). I'm trying using gibMacOS to make an installer now, see if it gets it back to the 8gb stick.

5 minutes ago, mark3p said:

Yup, using your MSR unlock profile and have it saved in my bios profiles. Haven't tweaked anything else or restored my overclock yet either as wanted to follow 100%. All other drives removed as didn't want to kill my Mojave or windows. Just tried with Clover and it's doing the same there so it's not OpenCore related.

One thing I did note is the current Catalina 10.15.4 installer pulled down from Apple on a legit macbook is huge, 8.4gb on the USB (had to use a 16gb to get around that). I'm trying using gibMacOS to make an installer now, see if it gets it back to the 8gb stick.

No it’s not Oc or EFI related I knew that straight away as 2000+ downloads of this months version has had very little problems Efi regardless and most the problems that have come up have been due to the user not the EFI.

pull the battery from your board with no power connected and wait a few mins, put it all back together and try again. Just incase there’s somthing nasty remaining in the cmos that a nvram reset can’t clear.

ah ok, download Catalina from the App Store, don’t get it from anywhere else. Big mistake that is bud.

Edited by AudioGod

Look carefully at the settings in the BIOS, do everything as on the first page. With such equipment, you should not have problems.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No it’s not Oc or EFI related I knew that straight away as 2000+ downloads of this months version has had very little problems Efi regardless and most the problems that have come up have been due to the user not the EFI.

pull the battery from your board with no power connected and wait a few mins, put it all back together and try again. Just incase there’s somthing nasty remaining in the cmos that a nvram reset can’t clear.

ah ok, download Catalina from the App Store, don’t get it from anywhere else. Big mistake that is bud.

So first time was from the App store, the download is too big to fit on an 8gb stick. 

Tried again just now using GibMacOS, still too big to fit on the stick. Going to try and find another 16gb or bigger stick to try in case my first one is moody. Pulled the CMOS battery while I hunt.

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 19.12.20.png

46 minutes ago, mark3p said:

So first time was from the App store, the download is too big to fit on an 8gb stick. 

Tried again just now using GibMacOS, still too big to fit on the stick. Going to try and find another 16gb or bigger stick to try in case my first one is moody. Pulled the CMOS battery while I hunt.

Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 19.12.20.png

you need to use a 16gb stick bro, you can’t get around that really.

45 minutes ago, seha39 said:

z390 Aorus master i5 9600k rx570 8gb 10.15.4 sisteme göre dosyamı opencore olarak ayarlayabilirmisiniz 

Send me iMac 2.zip

Al bakalım dostum.

OC 057 Z390 Master EFI 19,1 060420.zip

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (edi için kullant OpenCore)

PlistEdit Pro'yu kullanarak aşağıdakileri değiştirerek bilgilerinizi ekleyin

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

LÜTFEN DİKKAT - Bu EFI'ler msr Unlocked ile kullanılacak şekilde ayarlanmıştır, bu nedenle F11c Unlocked Profile kullandığınızdan emin olun, ancak herhangi bir sebepten dolayı MSR kilidini açmıyorsanız, OpenCore yapılandırma.plistinde aşağıdakileri değiştirin:

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

@seha39 bilgilerinizi OpenCore'a nasıl ekleyeceğinizi bilmiyorsanız orijinal config.plist'inizi gönderin.  Bana gönderdiğiniz run me dosyası kişisel bilgilerinizi gizler, böylece sizin için taşıyamazdım.

Edited by AudioGod