AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, YcF2 said:

Of course,saved.

I just tried it again.:no:Still the default configuration item.

But now the question is, when loading configuration items, is there no prompt?

Try with another usb to load profile, no more than 8GB and with fat32

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arko27 said:

Try with another usb to load profile, no more than 8GB and with fat32

@arko27Yes!!I'm so excited!

All my USB drives are in NTFS format. I try FAT32, which works for me!

Thank you so much.

@eSaFThank you very much for your patience.

The problem that bothered me has been solved.

It's that my U disk is in NTFS format. Just replace the FAT32 format.

I'm stupid.

Edited by YcF2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, YcF2 said:

@arko27Yes!!I'm so excited!

All my USB drives are in NTFS format. I try FAT32, which works for me!

Thank you so much.

@eSaFThank you very much for your patience.

The problem that bothered me has been solved.

It's that my U disk is in NTFS format. Just replace the FAT32 format.

I'm stupid.

No you're not stupid :hysterical: we all make little mistake, we're only human :) glad you got it sorted :thumbsup_anim:.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi AG I had a quick look at the 0c 0.5.8 beta, they've made quite a change to the config.plist. I am tempted to have a play on a test disk just to have a look see :P 

I have it on my USB key building up as they do. Don’t bother yet, it’s a little bit twitchy at the moment. Give it a week or so or just don’t use it as your main Efi and keep it on a key.

APFS is now done directly via OC instead of via a .efi driver and it works really well. It’s cooking up nicely.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Just now, eSaF said:

Yea Thanks, like I said it's quite different and I don't know how user friendly it is so I will take your advice as at the moment 0.5.7 is running sweet :thumbsup_anim:

Yes stick to 0.5.7 for now but When 0.5.8 gets to a point that I think yeah and replace my main EFI with it I will send you a copy buddy to test out on the pro. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I invested time on Hackintosh to save money but now I have a mac Pro 16" waiting for me at Micro Center.  This was a trap! :cry:

Where did it all go wrong for you to make you switch to a dustbin lid pro?

mine just sits in a bag doing nothing and is only ever called upon when I’m out on a job.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Where did it all go wrong for you to make you switch to a dustbin lid pro?

mine just sits in a bag doing nothing and is only ever called upon when I’m out on a job.

Been getting into app development / design heavily over the past few weeks and am tired of sitting at my desk...lol  Need a portable solution.  I tried hackintoshing my Windows laptop but that was a no go so I sold it and got a decent return on it, 70% of what I paid for it 2 years ago.

9 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I invested time on Hackintosh to save money but now I have a mac Pro 16" waiting for me at Micro Center.  This was a trap! :cry:

Another rich guy - I hate you :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Been getting into app development / design heavily over the past few weeks and am tired of sitting at my desk...lol  Need a portable solution.  I tried hackintoshing my Windows laptop but that was a no go so I sold it and got a decent return on it, 70% of what I paid for it 2 years ago.

fair play buddy, that is a good reason if ever I heard one. 

You should of asked MaLD0n to help you out with the laptop, I bet he could of got it working well for you. Give him a try bud.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

fair play buddy, that is a good reason if ever I heard one. 

You should of asked MaLD0n to help you out with the laptop, I bet he could of got it working well for you. Give him a try bud.

It had a Nvidia discrete 1060 that can't be disabled so I was stuck on older macOS.  I got High Sierra running but getting it perfect was more of a hassle than I was willing to deal with.  Also, the thing weighed a ton.  HP Omen.

Hi all, I want to ask those who own AMD Vega cards and using iMacPro1,1 Smbios. Starting from Catalina 10.15.3 I have idle memory clock 800Mhz on Vega 56. It drops to 500MHz only if i play video on YouTube. Did anyone notice this behavior too? Thanks.

Long time 1st time. Thank you so much for the work put into these packages. I was able to get up and running very quickly. I'm using 'Clover EFI Updated 06/04/20' and everything, cept BT, is awesome.

I am able to pair my apple magic kb in macos + win10. I can reboot into both OS's && bios w/ a functioning KB. I was really stoked about this and went along installing things on both sides. Then I powered off the rig...When I powered back on I found that the BT crashes and won't pair with anything again. The 'fix' at this point is to remove the card, reboot OS's, reinstall the card and setup again. I can repeat this process and seem to get the same results.

I hope that I'm missing something and I need to dig in further to get my config right. I also accept that it might be this card that's bad...although I don't think so yet. My build is below and any guidance would be wonderful.

CPU : Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler : EVGA CLC 240 74.82 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Bios revision F11c
Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage : Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card : Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB AORUS Video Card
Wireless Network Adapter : from OSXWifi
Mac Pro 2009 (4,1) and Mac Pro 2010-2012 (5,1)
Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.2 Upgrade Kit – Limited Edition

16 minutes ago, ryanafdahl said:

Long time 1st time. Thank you so much for the work put into these packages. I was able to get up and running very quickly. I'm using 'Clover EFI Updated 06/04/20' and everything, cept BT, is awesome.

I am able to pair my apple magic kb in macos + win10. I can reboot into both OS's && bios w/ a functioning KB. I was really stoked about this and went along installing things on both sides. Then I powered off the rig...When I powered back on I found that the BT crashes and won't pair with anything again. The 'fix' at this point is to remove the card, reboot OS's, reinstall the card and setup again. I can repeat this process and seem to get the same results.

I hope that I'm missing something and I need to dig in further to get my config right. I also accept that it might be this card that's bad...although I don't think so yet. My build is below and any guidance would be wonderful.

CPU : Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler : EVGA CLC 240 74.82 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard : Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Bios revision F11c
Memory : G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage : Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card : Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB AORUS Video Card
Wireless Network Adapter : from OSXWifi
Mac Pro 2009 (4,1) and Mac Pro 2010-2012 (5,1)
Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.2 Upgrade Kit – Limited Edition

@ryanafdahl

https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ryanafdahl said:

@AudioGod I dropped 3 kext in place and rebooted. 

AirportBrcmFixup.kext

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

BT works after a reboot & shut downs. Thank you so very much. This 'bug' really annoyed me. Please let me know if I can help out with anything.

Awesome, Im glad I could help buddy, :thumbsup_anim:

On 4/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, Filip71 said:

hi
Thank you for the great work and spruce guide.
Next to Windows 10 I put Hactkintosh on OpenCore 0.5.6 on my PC (Catalina 10.15.4) with files from AudioGod's "AG OpenCore 056 Z390 Master EFI 040320.zip" on another disk and I encountered a problem that requires your help because I don't know what to do next .

The computer started up immediately, most of the things I was able to check worked (except FileVault), however, after a few hours of work, I restarted and after selecting "MacOs Catalina" from the Boot menu, an apple appeared for a few seconds and then the message "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error "and black screen. In addition to Windows, I could only run the Boot menu option - Recovery.
I did the installation again - the computer worked 1.5 days (with several reboots and running Windows 10) and the situation repeated,

In AudioGod's config.plist, I only entered serial numbers in the platforminfo and I introduced 3840x2160 resolution in UEFI-Output-Resolution. The rest unchanged.

My computer - specification:
- Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

- Intel i9-9900K
- Sapphire Radeon XR 5700 XT
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 Tb SSD (only for MacOs)
- 32 Gb Ram HyperX Fury 3600 Mhz
- WiFi with OSX WIFI Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP
- Noctua NH-D15 cooling

- Eizo EV3237 4K monitor

In addition, the "F11c MSR Unlocked Profile" works on the motherboard, however, I did not complete point 6 of MSR placement because it was about Clover and I do not know if the motherboard is unlocked (probably not).

What could be the problem - I would like to ask for feedback and thank you in advance for your help.

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

Edited April 1 by Filip71

Hi.
I was waiting for OpenCire 0.5.7 and installed Catalina 10.15.4 EFI AudioGood without any problems.
Hactintosh has been in operation for 2 days and the problem reappeared as described earlier, ie "Unable to start and message as before" "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error ".

I did a reset on MB before installation and never tried to upload Clover. CFG is unlocked and MB is Bios 11c

I don't know what to do next because the configuration is similar to many of you where everything works or any problems can be repaired.

In addition, I do not understand this error and why it occurs after a few days of installation where all elements of the system worked.

What do you advise - wait for the next version of OpenCore or just do the installation on Clover?

I don't know if Clover will also have this problem?

Thank you in advance for your advice and answers :)

Edited by Filip71

On 4/20/2020 at 7:16 PM, Filip71 said:

Hi.
I was waiting for OpenCire 0.5.7 and installed Catalina 10.15.4 EFI AudioGood without any problems.
Hactintosh has been in operation for 2 days and the problem reappeared as described earlier, ie "Unable to start and message as before" "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error ".

I did a reset on MB before installation and never tried to upload Clover. CFG is unlocked and MB is Bios 11c

I don't know what to do next because the configuration is similar to many of you where everything works or any problems can be repaired.

In addition, I do not understand this error and why it occurs after a few days of installation where all elements of the system worked.

What do you advise - wait for the next version of OpenCore or just do the installation on Clover?

I don't know if Clover will also have this problem?

Thank you in advance for your advice and answers :)

I had same problem. I reset bios with button in backplate, then i restore settings with config file from AdioGod.

One thing that made a huge difference for me is to turn the computer OFF completely → remove the BIOS battery → wait 10 -15 minutes and then put it back in. BEFORE INSTALLING MACOS.