AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

@AudioGod

The USB Power is charging on the xhci controller: sleep power and power supply appear in IOReg. But when I connect my Nokia phone, I have no additional power in System Info. Is the additional power also valid for all USB devices, or only for smartphones and tablets. :)

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod

The USB Power is charging on the xhci controller: sleep power and power supply appear in IOReg. But when I connect my Nokia phone, I have no additional power in System Info. Is the additional power also valid for all USB devices, or only for smartphones and tablets. :)

I’m not sure buddy, I don’t know the answer to that one but knowing Apple it probably the later. I’m completely guessing though bro...lol

you talking about with Clover or OC or is that irrelevant?

Edited by AudioGod

19 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I’m not sure buddy, I don’t know the answer to that one but knowing Apple it probably the later. I’m completely guessing though bro...lol

you talking about with Clover or OC or is that irrelevant?

Both, Clover and Opencore. kUSB appears in IOreg but nothing in system info: I don't have an iPhone or iPad to test, just a Android Phone. Additional power would be good for any device.

6 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Both, Clover and Opencore. kUSB appears in IOreg but nothing in system info: I don't have an iPhone or iPad to test, just a Android Phone. Additional power would be good for any device.

If it’s both then I’m not sure it can be done as it sounds more like a Apple thing.

sorry rewind aswell and off topic for a second....Nokia phone????? We talking about a old burner phone here cos I didn’t think Nokia still made phones? LOL

Edited by AudioGod

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If it’s both then I’m not sure it can be done as it sounds more like a Apple thing.

sorry rewind aswell and off topic for a second....Nokia phone????? We talking about a old burner phone here cos I didn’t think Nokia still made phones? LOL

I think so it's a Apple thing, bro.

HMD Global has been making smartphones for 3 years with the license agreement, under the Nokia brand.

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

I think so it's a Apple thing, bro.

HMD Global has been making smartphones for 3 years with the license agreement, under the Nokia brand.

What kinda of phone are they?

android?

I am very intrigued

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

What kinda of phone are they?

android?

I am very intrigued

Yes, I've bought a Nokia 8 in 2017, September (deprecated now): it's running on Android 9 Pie. Take a look to HMD Gobal site.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, AudioGod said:

It could b a bug in the clover build so it’s worth checking to see if there’s an update for it.

In the Clover problems & features topic, on of the latest pages, someone mentioned the same problem and the solution was to replace the x64 in the Clover folder, copy the same file to the another folder (the boot one I think) and rename it to bootx64.efi.  Did this last night and the issue seems to be solved.  Systems seems to be a bit snappier than before, probably did something wrong in Clover in the earlier days.

And while we're at it about going something wrong. In the beginning when everything was set up, more specific the SMBIOS, RT Variables, MLB Field, SmUUID & board serial

part, I did as explained in Glasgood's topic and all seemed fine.

While updating to a newer EFI, in a not so sober state :dev:, I just copied over your folder and rebooted.  The previous folder was backed up but as everything ran fine I deleted it days later. So my original clover plist file is gone.

When I check Hackintool most of the info still seems to be correct but not 100%.  Will this be problem you think? Or is it better to start over?

Thx

On 4/1/2020 at 10:53 PM, AudioGod said:
On 4/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, Filip71 said:

Thanks for the information and advice :-).

I entered all serial numbers (serial, MLB and UUID).

It is night in Poland now so tomorrow I will take the battery out of the motherboard and let me know about the effects.

And what do you advise you to do to fully unlock MSR?
After resetting the motherboard I will load the F11c MSR Unlocked Profile, however AudioGod's guide in point 6 refers to Clover and not to OpenCore.

its fine for any boot loader, that was written pre OC :)

Unfortunately, removing the battery from the motherboard did not fix the problem.
I tried to install MacOs Catalina again with OpenCore 0.5.6, however, after booting from the USB boot disk, none of the boot type selection options work (either the message: "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error" or black screen with the crossed-out wheel) apart from running WIndows.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance for your answers and advice :-)

Clover, OpenCore, N-D-K OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.4 Ready), 6th April 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

OcQuirks Revision 22 (I have made some changes to the plist that should make it play a lot more friendly now with the IGPU enabled) (Clover)

AppleALC 1.4.8

Lilu 1.4.3

WhateverGreen 1.3.8

VirtualSMC 1.1.2

Clover Updated to Revision 5108

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.7

N-D-K OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.7

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update - 06/04/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Master Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - R5xx Polaris DSDT EFI

PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest Clover EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.

Alternative EFI - OpenCore, No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it 6th April 2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OC 057 Z390 Master EFI 19,1 060420.zip - OpenCore v0.5.7, SMBios iMac19,1 (06/04/20)

OC 057 Z390 Master EFI 1,1 060420.zip - OpenCore v0.5.7, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (06/04/20) (igpu disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 6th April 2020 Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios.

NDK OC 057 19,1 Z390 Master Navi 060420.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5600 5700 XT) & Radeon VII DSDT Bios F11c

NDK OC 057 19,1 Z390 Master Polaris 060420.zip - RX Polaris (RX5xx Series) DSDT Bios F11c

For OpenCore and the N-D-K Version Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, anannyo said:

Hey @InsanelyMac Legend,

I am building a hackintosh with Z390 Aorus Master & i9-9900K & Radeon VII. I want to use OpenCore over Clover as I believe I will get more stable build and performance as I will use for video editing with Final Cut Pro X. I am researching with the parts as I want to build the workstation for video editing as my current Mac Pro is pretty old and so is my High Sierra hackintosh. Will I be use your above guide for fresh installation of catalina 10.15.4? I have download the OS file from App Store and now planning the build and boot drive and everything. Your kind advice, suggestion and direction will help me immensely.

Thank you!!

Hi, yes you can no problem there with a fresh install and Clover, OpenCore of NDKs fork of OpenCore are all solid as a rock so you can use any of the EFIs with no problem what so ever.

Could you do me a massive favour please and remove your post as your spamming my thread by replying with the 1st page guide pinned to it when I have a major update notice just posted so I would really appreciate it if you can at least remove the pin of my guide from your post so it doesn't swamp my notice and saves me having to post it again.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Edited by AudioGod

There's no topic for Z390 Aorus Ultra and both Ultra and Master are extremely similar. And you seem to have good knowledge around here.

So hoping you may have an idea to put me in the right direction

This only happens with the newer Bios that has the new interface (F10 and F11 on the Master, F9 and F10 on the Ultra)

My builtin sound output is completely distorted, volume is like a wave, and poping

My usb DAC, which I normally use for both (speakers or headphones) sounds normal, but crackly and popping if I do anything like open a second webpage while playing music or watching YouTube

and probably related, my Apple Watch unlocking feature doesn't work (spins like it's trying then ask for password)

but overall the system seems choppy as well, even though my benchmarking is normal.

the second I go back to the older BIOS everything works again, I went back and forth multiple times, between the last three BIOS version

My overall setup is basically the same as your last setup with OC 0.5.7, but with my own USB map

initially I was using the following two, but noticed you didn't so tried without and things were still booting well. Issue still happening in later bios.

SSDT-EC-USBX (from the open core vanilla guide recommendation)

and SSDT-HPET (trying to fix this issue I have)

my quick solution is obviously to go back to the old bios.

But figuring this out would first of all expand my hackintoshing knowledge, and the new bios feature to turn off onboard RGB lights is something I like.

From my understanding it's timing issue ? but I thought SSD-HPET would solve such things (generated using SSDTTime)

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

4 minutes ago, Squirrelf said:

There's no topic for Z390 Aorus Ultra and both Ultra and Master are extremely similar. And you seem to have good knowledge around here.

So hoping you may have an idea to put me in the right direction

This only happens with the newer Bios that has the new interface (F10 and F11 on the Master, F9 and F10 on the Ultra)

My builtin sound output is completely distorted, volume is like a wave, and poping

My usb DAC, which I normally use for both (speakers or headphones) sounds normal, but crackly and popping if I do anything like open a second webpage while playing music or watching YouTube

and probably related, my Apple Watch unlocking feature doesn't work (spins like it's trying then ask for password)

but overall the system seems choppy as well, even though my benchmarking is normal.

the second I go back to the older BIOS everything works again, I went back and forth multiple times, between the last three BIOS version

My overall setup is basically the same as your last setup with OC 0.5.7, but with my own USB map

initially I was using the following two, but noticed you didn't so tried without and things were still booting well. Issue still happening in later bios.

SSDT-EC-USBX (from the open core vanilla guide recommendation)

and SSDT-HPET (trying to fix this issue I have)

my quick solution is obviously to go back to the old bios.

But figuring this out would first of all expand my hackintoshing knowledge, and the new bios feature to turn off onboard RGB lights is something I like.

From my understanding it's timing issue ? but I thought SSD-HPET would solve such things (generated using SSDTTime)

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Send me your usb,kext to look at please pal?

Im off to bed soon but il look at it in the morning, I think I might know what’s going on and be able to fix it for you.

could you also send me a screen shot of your network menu in preferences?

Edited by AudioGod

25 minutes ago, Squirrelf said:

thanks for looking into it !

USBPorts.kext.zip

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 5.12.57 PM.png

I see what the problem is already.

if you look at your device list in networks your spot a device called built in ... port and that right there is the issue, it’s a serial port built into the board and it’s not compatible with macOS and causes all sorts of trouble and audio playback being messed with is one of them. there’s no option in the bios to disable it until now in the latest betas. I Can’t 100% say for sure that they have added the option on your boards latest bios but I’m betting they have.

Here give it a try.

Z390 AORUS Ultra - F10c

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i4bzrcevp74y3ve/Z390AORUSULTRA.F10c/file

Your looking for this page and disable like so

433B4B1A-3790-4916-9950-CE38778224D6.thumb.jpeg.8f73ac264fbcd01a9e723a0654ab40ba.jpeg

Once its disabled in the bios it will still show up in the network menu but no longer active but you can simply remove it from there and it will be gone for good

Give that a try and I’m going to take a quick look at your usb.kext now for you.

@Squirrelf I corrected your USB.kext for you. You made two mistakes,

1. HS12 was active and this is actually not a port used for port assignment so I have removed it for you. (HS13 is the internal header and its a hub and the two ports both share HS13)

2. HS13 had the wrong power tables assigned to it so I have corrected that as well.

Here you go fella, :thumbsup_anim:

USBPorts.kext.zip

Edited by AudioGod

30 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I see what the problem is already.

if you look at your device list in networks your spot a device called built in ... port and that right there is the issue, it’s a serial port built into the board and it’s not compatible with macOS and causes all sorts of trouble and audio playback being messed with is one of them. there’s no option in the bios to disable it until now in the latest betas. I Can’t 100% say for sure that they have added the option on your boards latest bios but I’m betting they have.

Here give it a try.

Z390 AORUS Ultra - F10c

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i4bzrcevp74y3ve/Z390AORUSULTRA.F10c/file

Your looking for this page and disable like so

433B4B1A-3790-4916-9950-CE38778224D6.thumb.jpeg.8f73ac264fbcd01a9e723a0654ab40ba.jpeg

Give that a try and I’m going to take a quick look at your usb.kext now for you.

thank you,  I'll try that right away

Edited by Squirrelf

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Good Luck, and use the corrected USB.Kext I posted for you too. :)

It worked thank you so very much

even the Apple Watch unlock worked again

crazy that such a small thing did so much damage, though understandable

Out of curiosity how did you initially disable serial com when the bios didn't have the option ?

11 minutes ago, Squirrelf said:

It worked thank you so very much

even the Apple Watch unlock worked again

crazy that such a small thing did so much damage, though understandable

Out of curiosity how did you initially disable serial com when the bios didn't have the option ?

Via my dsdt and yes Apple Watch unlock is a next thing the serial port borks...lol

glad its working for you now buddy. :)

P.s. drop 2 kexts from your kexts folder and detach them from the oc config.plist.

SMCBatteryManager and SMCLightSnsor. Not needed or used in your setup. 
You shouldn’t need nvmefix.kext either, why you using it?

Edited by AudioGod

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Via my dsdt and yes Apple Watch unlock is a next thing the serial port borks...lol

glad its working for you now buddy. :)

P.s. drop 2 kexts from your kexts folder and detach them from the oc config.plist.

SMCBatteryManager and SMCLightSnsor. Not needed or used in your setup. 
You shouldn’t need nvmefix.kext either, why you using it?

I see !

sounds good will remove those

thought the nvme fix was to better support nvme drives ? I have a WD sn750 black

3 minutes ago, Squirrelf said:

I see !

sounds good will remove those

thought the nvme fix was to better support nvme drives ? I have a WD sn750 black

I have the same drive in use as my macOS drive currently with no additional kexts and it’s flying at full speed so I can confirm you really don’t need it now. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I have the same drive in use as my macOS drive currently with no additional kexts and it’s flying at full speed so I can confirm you really don’t need it now. :thumbsup_anim:

awesome, will remove it too

I noticed you removed HS12, what port was it exactly ?

since there are only 14 port left I can then re-enable another back port right ?

3 minutes ago, Squirrelf said:

awesome, will remove it too

I noticed you removed HS12, what port was it exactly ?

since there are only 14 port left I can then re-enable another back port right ?

You made two mistakes,

1. HS12 was active and this is actually not a port used for port assignment so I have removed it for you. (HS13 is the internal header and its a hub and the two ports both share HS13)

2. HS13 had the wrong power tables assigned to it so I have corrected that as well.

Yes you do indeed have a spare port to use as you please. :startreck:

Edited by AudioGod

13 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You made two mistakes,

2. HS13 had the wrong power tables assigned to it so I have corrected that as well.

Yes you do indeed have a spare port to use as you please. :startreck:

thank you so much for the explanations !

• Like 1

Clover, OpenCore, N-D-K OpenCore EFI Updates (10.15.4 Ready), 6th April 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

OcQuirks Revision 22 (I have made some changes to the plist that should make it play a lot more friendly now with the IGPU enabled) (Clover)

AppleALC 1.4.8

Lilu 1.4.3

WhateverGreen 1.3.8

VirtualSMC 1.1.2

Clover Updated to Revision 5108

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.7

N-D-K OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.7

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update - 06/04/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT etc), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Master Polaris 19,1 EFI 060420.zip - R5xx Polaris DSDT EFI

PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest Clover EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.

Alternative EFI - OpenCore, No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it 6th April 2020

Myself and @texem have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

OC 057 Z390 Master EFI 19,1 060420.zip - OpenCore v0.5.7, SMBios iMac19,1 (06/04/20)

OC 057 Z390 Master EFI 1,1 060420.zip - OpenCore v0.5.7, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (06/04/20) (igpu disabled)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 6th April 2020 Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios.

NDK OC 057 19,1 Z390 Master Navi 060420.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5600 5700 XT) & Radeon VII DSDT Bios F11c

NDK OC 057 19,1 Z390 Master Polaris 060420.zip - RX Polaris (RX5xx Series) DSDT Bios F11c

For OpenCore and the N-D-K Version Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again