AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

@AudioGod

May I suggest PollAppleHotKeys: be set to Yes in your next OC release.  It gives us the ability to use Apple's hotkeys during boot.  I've found enabling verbose mode on the fly from time to time pretty useful.

Cmd+V: Enables verbose

Cmd+Opt+P+R: Cleans NVRAM

Cmd+R: Boots Recovery partition

Cmd+S: Boot in Single-user mode

Option/Alt: Shows boot picker when ShowPicker set to NO, an alternative is ESC key

Just a suggestion.

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

@AudioGod

May I suggest PollAppleHotKeys: be set to Yes in your next OC release.  It gives us the ability to use Apple's hotkeys during boot.  I've found enabling verbose mode on the fly from time to time pretty useful.

Cmd+V: Enables verbose

Cmd+Opt+P+R: Cleans NVRAM

Cmd+R: Boots Recovery partition

Cmd+S: Boot in Single-user mode

Option/Alt: Shows boot picker when ShowPicker set to NO, an alternative is ESC key

Just a suggestion.

Sure no problem, :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AudioGod

First of all, thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise with the community.

I've been using your EFI for a while and it's superb. Very stable and reliable. I'm running the latest Catalina with an Imac19,1 profile on my Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390, Intel i9900K, Vega 64, Titan Ridge TB3 and 64GB Ram.

Got a few question though, which I'd really appreciate your input on.

* Is it safe to delete all of USB port limit patches from the config file and use a USBPorts.kext of my flavor instead to make it even more stable?

* If I opt for an ImacPro1,1 profile for my system, would I need to edit /replace some of parameters other than the usual in SMBIOS as well as any of the files included in your EFI?

* Would it conflict with the DSDT files including in the EFI folder if I add a Titan Ridge hot plug patch (Such as SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml)?

Thanks for any help you can provide on those topics.

Cheers..

Edited by alpha2008

7 hours ago, alpha2008 said:

@AudioGod

First of all, thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise with the community.

I've been using your EFI for a while and it's superb. Very stable and reliable. I'm running the latest Catalina with an Imac19,1 profile on my Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390, Intel i9900K, Vega 64, Titan Ridge TB3 and 64GB Ram.

Got a few question though, which I'd really appreciate your input on.

* Is it safe to delete all of USB port limit patches from the config file and use a USBPorts.kext of my flavor instead to make it even more stable?

* If I opt for an ImacPro1,1 profile for my system, would I need to edit /replace some of parameters other than the usual in SMBIOS as well as any of the files included in your EFI?

* Would it conflict with the DSDT files including in the EFI folder if I add a Titan Ridge hot plug patch (Such as SSDT-Z390-TB3HP.aml)?

Thanks for any help you can provide on those topics.

Cheers..

Usb is done via the ssdt and dsdt, this is how I’m able to give you no port limits while keeping the usb native. If you want to convert to your own usb.kext that’s not needed at all then you need to drop the ssdt and the patches but I would advise against it as you will gain nothing and lose native usb.

imacpro1,1 is perfectly fine to use with no major changes needed other then disabling the igpu in the bios and adding the smbios details but if your using a Navi GPU and push it in anyway via macos then again I would advise against it as the drivers are so bad that the system will become unstable if the gpu is pushed hard.

it won’t conflict with the dsdt if you use a ssdt for your tb card no that’s fine.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 10:20 PM, AudioGod said:

It’s because the z390 master has a missing option to disable its onboard serial port and it conflicts with the Apple Watch unlock of all things.

the good news is it will be fixed in the next official bios update when it’s released.

what il do for you though is send you the latest beta bios now and unlocked MSR profile to go with it and your Apple Watch will work and unlock your Mac. (Your need to sign out and back into your iCloud account on your hack to reactivate it and make the watch unlock)

Check your inbox for the fix from me :thumbsup_anim:

Hi @AudioGod, could you send me the beta bios + MSR profile too? The Apple Watch bug is super annoying. 

Thanks! 

22 minutes ago, Spybreak said:

Hi @AudioGod, could you send me the beta bios + MSR profile too? The Apple Watch bug is super annoying. 

Thanks! 

Your wish is my command, 

Check your inbox in a minute from now. :thumbsup_anim:

@Spybreak Sent!

Edited by AudioGod

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Usb is done via the ssdt and dsdt, this is how I’m able to give you no port limits while keeping the usb native. If you want to convert to your own usb.kext that’s not needed at all then you need to drop the ssdt and the patches but I would advise against it as you will gain nothing and lose native usb.

imacpro1,1 is perfectly fine to use with no major changes needed other then disabling the igpu in the bios and adding the smbios details but if your using a Navi GPU and push it in anyway via macos then again I would advise against it as the drivers are so bad that the system will become unstable if the gpu is pushed hard.

it won’t conflict with the dsdt if you use a ssdt for your tb card no that’s fine.

I've got it.. Thanks a bunch buddy...

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 10:36 PM, AudioGod said:

Alternative EFI - OpenCore, No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it 3rd March 2020

We have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

AG OpenCore 056 Z390 Master EFI 040320.zip - OC Version 0.5.6, SMBios19,1 (04/03/20)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

hi
Thank you for the great work and spruce guide.
Next to Windows 10 I put Hactkintosh on OpenCore 0.5.6 on my PC (Catalina 10.15.4) with files from AudioGod's "AG OpenCore 056 Z390 Master EFI 040320.zip" on another disk and I encountered a problem that requires your help because I don't know what to do next .

The computer started up immediately, most of the things I was able to check worked (except FileVault), however, after a few hours of work, I restarted and after selecting "MacOs Catalina" from the Boot menu, an apple appeared for a few seconds and then the message "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error "and black screen. In addition to Windows, I could only run the Boot menu option - Recovery.
I did the installation again - the computer worked 1.5 days (with several reboots and running Windows 10) and the situation repeated,

In AudioGod's config.plist, I only entered serial numbers in the platforminfo and I introduced 3840x2160 resolution in UEFI-Output-Resolution. The rest unchanged.

My computer - specification:
- Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

- Intel i9-9900K
- Sapphire Radeon XR 5700 XT
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 Tb SSD (only for MacOs)
- 32 Gb Ram HyperX Fury 3600 Mhz
- WiFi with OSX WIFI Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP
- Noctua NH-D15 cooling

- Eizo EV3237 4K monitor

In addition, the "F11c MSR Unlocked Profile" works on the motherboard, however, I did not complete point 6 of MSR placement because it was about Clover and I do not know if the motherboard is unlocked (probably not).

What could be the problem - I would like to ask for feedback and thank you in advance for your help.

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

Edited by Filip71

1 hour ago, Filip71 said:

hi
Thank you for the great work and spruce guide.
Next to Windows 10 I put Hactkintosh on OpenCore 0.5.6 on my PC (Catalina 10.15.4) with files from AudioGod's "AG OpenCore 056 Z390 Master EFI 040320.zip" on another disk and I encountered a problem that requires your help because I don't know what to do next .

The computer started up immediately, most of the things I was able to check worked (except FileVault), however, after a few hours of work, I restarted and after selecting "MacOs Catalina" from the Boot menu, an apple appeared for a few seconds and then the message "OCB: StartImage failed - Aborted. Halting on critical error "and black screen. In addition to Windows, I could only run the Boot menu option - Recovery.
I did the installation again - the computer worked 1.5 days (with several reboots and running Windows 10) and the situation repeated,

In AudioGod's config.plist, I only entered serial numbers in the platforminfo and I introduced 3840x2160 resolution in UEFI-Output-Resolution. The rest unchanged.

My computer - specification:
- Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

- Intel i9-9900K
- Sapphire Radeon XR 5700 XT
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 Tb SSD (only for MacOs)
- 32 Gb Ram HyperX Fury 3600 Mhz
- WiFi with OSX WIFI Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP
- Noctua NH-D15 cooling

- Eizo EV3237 4K monitor

In addition, the "F11c MSR Unlocked Profile" works on the motherboard, however, I did not complete point 6 of MSR placement because it was about Clover and I do not know if the motherboard is unlocked (probably not).

What could be the problem - I would like to ask for feedback and thank you in advance for your help.

You need to enter your serial number, uuid and mlb into the plist bud.

it may also be a case of needing to clear you cmos by removing all power from the hack and then removing the battery from the board for 2 mins, put it all back together and load back your settings and away you go.

there are fixes in clover to make it play better with the igpu enabled that are not in Oc 056 as of yet but will be in the next release 0.5.7 when it goes public soon.

Edited by AudioGod

10 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You need to enter your serial number, uuid and mlb into the plist bud.

it may also be a case of needing to clear you cmos by removing all power and then removing the battery for the board for 2 mins, put it all back together and load back your settings and away you go.

there are fixes in clover to make it play better with the igpu enabled that are not in Oc 056 as of yet but will be in the next release 0.5.7 when it goes public soon.

Thanks for the information and advice :-).

I entered all serial numbers (serial, MLB and UUID).

It is night in Poland now so tomorrow I will take the battery out of the motherboard and let me know about the effects.

And what do you advise you to do to fully unlock MSR?
After resetting the motherboard I will load the F11c MSR Unlocked Profile, however AudioGod's guide in point 6 refers to Clover and not to OpenCore.

Just now, Filip71 said:

Thanks for the information and advice :-).

I entered all serial numbers (serial, MLB and UUID).

It is night in Poland now so tomorrow I will take the battery out of the motherboard and let me know about the effects.

And what do you advise you to do to fully unlock MSR?
After resetting the motherboard I will load the F11c MSR Unlocked Profile, however AudioGod's guide in point 6 refers to Clover and not to OpenCore.

its fine for any boot loader, that was written pre OC :)

Since the new EFI was installed my mouse only works for 50% in Clover. I can move the pointer but can't click on Win or MacOS to continue booting.  Anyn idea what this could be?

6 minutes ago, decat said:

Since the new EFI was installed my mouse only works for 50% in Clover. I can move the pointer but can't click on Win or MacOS to continue booting.  Anyn idea what this could be?

that’s very strange.

nothing has changed concerning usb on the EFI for a long time now.

infact the last upgrade was a very minor one mainly for the latest version of clover so 15.4 would install and also the latest Oc quirks drivers.

Otherwise it’s the same EFI as before.

is this only happing at the clover bootsplash and not in macOS itself?

could be clover I guess, check if there’s a new version and if there is update it and see.

Edited by AudioGod

Idd, just in Clover, in MacOS & Windows it works fine. Still in same usb port, same mouse as before. Will try another mouse after work tonight and see what it gives.

It's not a big issue but since the it popped up after placing the new EFI it presumed it could have been related.

31 minutes ago, decat said:

Idd, just in Clover, in MacOS & Windows it works fine. Still in same usb port, same mouse as before. Will try another mouse after work tonight and see what it gives.

It's not a big issue but since the it popped up after placing the new EFI it presumed it could have been related.

It could b a bug in the clover build so it’s worth checking to see if there’s an update for it.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, photom said:

The iGPU still makes my system little unstable. What for is iGPU used ? Do I actually have to have it enabled?

Unstable in what way?

if you mean runtime errors at start up it’s nothing like it used to be and when it happens you just power off and on again. (I might also be able to tighten it up before release)

the other way Togo would be to use  smbios iMacpro1,1 with the igpu disabled but because the 5700xt drivers are so bad under Mac OS at the moment it could become unstable. 

I intend to release a 1,1 variant of OpenCore along with 19,1 upon release but at this moment in time I’m a little tied up helping out debugging some issues with OpenCore.

• Like 2

No, I am not getting any errors - but after a reboot I get really really slow performance in apps like chrome.  Choppy scrolling.  Delays in tabs opening.  I can work without iGPU and it is very smooth - but will that affect my system in any way?

27 minutes ago, photom said:

No, I am not getting any errors - but after a reboot I get really really slow performance in apps like chrome.  Choppy scrolling.  Delays in tabs opening.  I can work without iGPU and it is very smooth - but will that affect my system in any way?

only if you use quick sync otherwise no.

• Thanks 1

Just will say THANKS to everybody who make it possible run MacOs on this motherboard so easy. Easy for me as a user without any knowledges in this case. Im a copy paster. Thanks for different fixes and updates, at all of You keep it fresh all the time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hungrywallet said:

@AudioGod

On OC I don't think my USB-C is charging as fast as it used to on Clover.  My iPad loses charge while connected with SideCar.  I don't think this was ever the case on your Clover EFI.  Have you noticed this at all?

What version OC and build date is it?

if your using my beta it’s forever changing USB power wise so it’s poss you have a older build. (I can’t remember)