AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

15小时前,AudioGod说:

拔出所有USB设备,并一一插入,直到找到引起问题的设备。

伙计,我不想无礼,但是你不能把所有的问题都丢给我和我的线程,

通过调查自己来尝试解决一些问题。 

我的EFI只是一个模板,并非对所有人都完美,但会很接近,请进行进行微调以使其完全适合您,这就是我的朋友。

Thank you, I understand, but I would like to ask you if you have such a problem?

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

永远不会,我认为是特定于我的声音设备,

I used the motherboard's own sound card and it was completely normal. I used a USB sound card and this happened. Are you using opencore?

2 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

I used the motherboard's own sound card and it was completely normal. I used a USB sound card and this happened. Are you using opencore?

Yes and I use Audio cards galore.

check your in box and remember your using my beta EFI and it’s a work in progress not finished and not released for a reason.

good night :) 

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

什么解决了哥们儿?

是固件吗?

10.15.4 usb is perfect, there is no stuttering, and everything feels normal.

什么解决了哥们儿?

是固件吗?

I used the latest bate bios

什么解决了哥们儿?

是固件吗?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Yes but was it the bios update the solved the problem or the new EFI buddy?

So, my turn to ask a question.
I have a similar WiFi card as in first post config, but handoff and unlock by watch don't work at all. Other Bluetooth features work properly. I try to logout and login on iPhone, Watch, Hackintosh without success. Any suggestions? 

The latest config with CFG unlocked and clover applied.

Edited by eXtReeM

18 minutes ago, eXtReeM said:

So, my turn to ask a question.
I have a similar WiFi card as in first post config, but handoff and unlock by watch don't work at all. Other Bluetooth features work properly. I try to logout and login on iPhone, Watch, Hackintosh without success. Any suggestions? 

It’s because the z390 master has a missing option to disable its onboard serial port and it conflicts with the Apple Watch unlock of all things.

the good news is it will be fixed in the next official bios update when it’s released.

what il do for you though is send you the latest beta bios now and unlocked MSR profile to go with it and your Apple Watch will work and unlock your Mac. (Your need to sign out and back into your iCloud account on your hack to reactivate it and make the watch unlock)

Check your inbox for the fix from me :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AudioGod said:

是的,但是是BIOS更新了已解决的问题还是新的EFI好友?

After I performed 2 steps simultaneously, everything worked perfectly.

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

It’s because the z390 master has a missing option to disable its onboard serial port and it conflicts with the Apple Watch unlock of all things.

the good news is it will be fixed in the next official bios update when it’s released.

what il do for you though is send you the latest beta bios now and unlocked MSR profile to go with it and your Apple Watch will work and unlock your Mac. (Your need to sign out and back into your iCloud account on your hack to reactivate it and make the watch unlock)

Check your inbox for the fix from me :thumbsup_anim:

It works perfectly! Thank you again! 

• Like 1

@hungrywallet I have switched my Catalina Drive from the 970 EVO to a 970 Pro and then a WD Black (that I’m currently using) and I can now say with 100% certainty that it makes zero difference to the boot times bar a few milli seconds give or take. A fresh boot is rapid until you get the cache filling up and then it always ends up at the same speed. 
on a SSD with trim disabled it boots quicker but then you shouldn’t have trim disabled so it ends up the same again..lol Test done and what a waste of time that was but I had nothing better to do so there you go.....lol :hysterical:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet I have switched my Catalina Drive from the 970 EVO to a 970 Pro and then a WD Black (that I’m currently using) and I can now say with 100% certainty that it makes zero difference to the boot times bar a few milli seconds give or take. A fresh boot is rapid until you get the cache filling up and then it always ends up at the same speed. 
on a SSD with trim disabled it boots quicker but then you shouldn’t have trim disabled so it ends up the same again..lol Test done and what a waste of time that was but I had nothing better to do so there you go.....lol :hysterical:

Jeez the lengths you go to just to make life easier for us minions :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Yea the pain is universal

Latest version of OC has killed my Windows drive and I have had Togo asking on the angry thread if it’s me or it. I’m waiting to get told off on there...:hysterical:

I can only hope I found a bug in the latest build cos otherwise I’m in trouble for asking. (Big trouble) hahahaha

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Latest version of OC has killed my Windows drive and I have had Togo asking on the angry thread if it’s me or it. I’m waiting to get told off on there...:hysterical:

I can only hope I found a bug in the latest build cos otherwise I’m in trouble for asking hahahaha

Jeez you as well!!!! those guys scares the {censored} out of me so much that I'm scared to post a query so I'm just reduced to lurking :hysterical:

• Haha 1

Just now, eSaF said:

Jeez you as well!!!! those guys scares the {censored} out of me so much that I'm scared to post a query so I'm just reduced to lurking :hysterical:

It’s not just you buddy, I think most people are scared when asking anything on there. :hysterical:

The Angry OC Thread....

I poop myself anytime I have to ask anything on there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s not just you buddy, I think most people are scared when asking anything on there. :hysterical:

The Angry OC Thread....

I poop myself anytime I have to ask anything on there.

Yea I remember when N-D-K (pretty decent guy) first proposed and introduced his fork of OC with a Clover like boot menu the reception he got, nothing less than hostile from some of the devs but we won't go down that road all I can say is thank goodness for guys like Yourself, MaLdon, Slice, N-D-K and a quite a few more that makes the bad insignificant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Thank you sir.  Was thinking of purchasing a new 2TB m2 Drive so that I can move macOS over to my 1TB m2.  That can hold for now.

Just now, hungrywallet said:

Thank you sir.  Was thinking of purchasing a new 2TB m2 Drive so that I can move macOS over to my 1TB m2.  That can hold for now.

If you need more space just get a normal ssd and save some money and gain some space...lol

nvme are great little things and have serious transfer speeds in bursts but in the real world it really doesn’t matter for now.

gen 4 pcie helps a lot but that’s not for intel is it? Maybe in a few years lol

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

If you need more space just get a normal ssd and save some money and gain some space...lol

nvme are great little things and have serious transfer speeds in bursts but in the real world it really doesn’t matter for now.

gen 4 pcie helps a lot but that’s not for intel is it? Maybe in a few years lol

I've kind of gotten used to not having any Sata cables routed in my rig but you're right.  I might just get two large regular SSD's and call it a day.

edit:  Actually 2TB M2 drives are only about $20 bucks more than regular SSDs here.  :surprised:

Edited by hungrywallet