AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

@Matgen84 The Time and date in the bios were fine but in windows was all messed up too. I don't think that's the SSDTs fault though, I think its the other way around as Im pretty sure the Patches are loading into windows so removing them remove them from windows hence macOS and windows both getting there's clocks messed up. I reckon you might be right you know with a ssdt instead. Now what about the device rename patches? I know the OC Devs say not to use them but I do anyway. have you got them in yours still?

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

What do you think of this: "On some boards RTC device is disabled by returning 0 from _STA status method and to enable it 0xF will be returned as expected by macOS." in SSDT-RTC0 header. I don't understand why it is not necessary. This SSDT remplace the patch in config.plist.

On Aorus Master without any of RTC patches there's RTC device with _STA returning 0xF. No need to patch anything, no need to patch RTC via config or SSDT.

Aorus_Master.png

Edited by darthsian

1 minute ago, darthsian said:

On Aorus Master without any of RTC patches there's RTC device with _STA returning 0xF. No need to patch anything, no need to patch RTC via config or SSDT.

Aorus_Master.png

Ah ok so your running with no Patch and no SSDT?

If you read the OC Guide it says to use RTC0 

Quote From the Guide:

For systems where no STAS shows up but you do have AWAC, you can use SSDT-RTC0 though you will need to check the naming of LPC in your DSDT

By default the SSDT uses LPCB, you can check what your system uses by just searching for Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000). This address is used for Low Pin Count devices(LPC) but the device name can vary between LPCB, LBC or LBC0:

Thats exactly what my DSDT returns

@darthsian Im going to disable the ssdt and keep the patch off and reboot and see what happens right now.

• Like 1

ok well yes I can boot with no SSDT or Patch done on the RTC. I must check a few things to make sure there's no errors under the hood but its looking good.

Thanks for that @darthsian, Thats extremely helpful of you :)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Ah ok so your running with no Patch and no SSDT?

If you read the OC Guide it says to use RTC0 

Quote From the Guide:

For systems where no STAS shows up but you do have AWAC, you can use SSDT-RTC0 though you will need to check the naming of LPC in your DSDT

By default the SSDT uses LPCB, you can check what your system uses by just searching for Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000). This address is used for Low Pin Count devices(LPC) but the device name can vary between LPCB, LBC or LBC0:

Thats exactly what my DSDT returns

@darthsian Im going to disable the ssdt and keep the patch off and reboot and see what happens right now.

In OC guide they write you can, but it is needed only if RTC device returning 0 from _STA status method. But on Aorus Master and i think on Aorus Pro too, we have 0xF returning from _STA status. And no AWAC in original DSDT of course... so we dont need fix RTC at all.

Edited by darthsian

Just now, darthsian said:

In OC guide they write you can, but it is needed only if RTC device returning 0 from _STA status method. But on Aorus Master and i think on Aorus Pro too, we have 0xF returning from _STA status. And no AWAC in original DSDT of course.

We have found a few RTC errors in the logs just now so I’m not so sure at this point. Il tell you more soon but it might be needed after all.

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

We have found a few RTC errors in the logs just now so I’m not so sure at this point. Il tell you more soon but it might be needed after all.

What RTC errors have you found in the log? I can check it on my side.

3 minutes ago, darthsian said:

What RTC errors have you found in the log? I can check it on my side.

@Matgen84 found them so he has the screen shots. 
Il be in front of my hack again soon to double check on my side.

just look through your boot logs and check your clean. And put macOS into verbose mode and see what’s happening on boot up. 

Edited by AudioGod

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 found them so he has the screen shots. 
Il be in front of my hack again soon to double check on my side.

just look through your boot logs and check your clean. And put macOS into verbose mode and see what’s happening on boot up. 

I just check my kernel log and there is no error related to RTC. Im using last commit of OpenCore 0.5.7. and "No DSDT".

Edited by darthsian

Just now, darthsian said:

I just check my kernel log and there is no error related to RTC. Im using last commit of OpenCore 0.5.7.

As am I,

im going to check on my side in a second buddy,

il let you know what I see in a sec 

12 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I fixed usb on my 057 test EFI if you tried it by injecting USB Power direct from the kext itself.

Whats the upside of using igfxfw=2?

I haven't looked into the new beta of WEG as I've not had the time. 

Fill me in pal?

Not sure if there is any.  I've stopped using it for now.

7 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Can my 9900k be 5.2 GHz?

I have water cooling.

WechatIMG2.jpeg

No you don’t have good enough cooling I’m afraid and it doesn’t work like that im also sorry to say..

you average 9900k can’t do over 5ghz. 

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

不,恐怕您的散热效果不够好,它无法正常工作,我也很抱歉地说。

您平均9900k不能超过5GHz。 

What do you use for cooling?

12 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

What do you use for cooling?

Not a Corsair AIO :hysterical:

I have a custom loop I put together myself. On page one of the thread there’s a pic of it.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello, I used your opencore 0.5.7 and upgraded 10.15.4 normally, I found that the USB is a bit abnormal, please help to see it.

11 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Hello, I used your opencore 0.5.7 and upgraded 10.15.4 normally, I found that the USB is a bit abnormal, please help to see it.

15.4 has messed up usb ever so slightly For the second.

go into the bios and disable USB Legacy and it should be ok.

please don’t forget that real Macs suffer from USB issues like force ejecting.

you can use jettison to fix that.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Jettison/

lastly don’t forget there’s a 15 port limit on the OpenCore EFI all ports are active but usb2 is only available on the front case usb type A ports, the rear usb2 hub and the two usb3 ports directly under the USB2 hub.  

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Clover EFI Updates (10.15.4 Ready), 26th March 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

OcQuirks Revision 20 (I have made some changes to the plist that should make it play a lot more friendly now with the IGPU enabled)

AppleALC-1.4.7

Lilu 1.4.2

WhateverGreen 1.3.7

Clover Updated to Revision 5107

Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update - 26/03/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

Clover Z390 Master Vega Navi EFI 260320.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 260320.zip - R5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

PLEASE NOTE - You MUST update to the latest EFI before updating to 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update.

OpenCore 0.5.7 19,1 Coming Soon (Awaiting Release)

NDK OpenCore 0.5.7 Coming Soon (Awaiting Release)

• Thanks 2

Hi @AudioGod

First of all thank you so much for your guide. It’s saved my skin!

I'm having troubles with the BCM94360CS2 combo WIFI/Bluetooth card.

It seems when the computer goes to sleep (I think) and wakes, after a bit the keyboard and mouse freezes and I have to reboot. The computer still seems to be running but Bluetooth crashes. I’ve also noticed my internet connection drops from about 180mbps to 10 every now and again.

Im currently using the EFI for the RX Series. Is there somewhere in the logs that I can upload for inspection?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, when the screen is locked, the USB card gets stuck for a moment when the display goes dark, and my mac doesn't sleep. At the moment when the screen was on, the USB was stuck for a while. Others are normal.I use a USB Aiken 4nano sound card。

image.png

7 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Hello, when the screen is locked, the USB card gets stuck for a moment when the display goes dark, and my mac doesn't sleep. At the moment when the screen was on, the USB was stuck for a while. Others are normal.I use a USB Aiken 4nano sound card。

image.png

Unplug all your usb devices and plug them one by one till you find the device causing the problem.

dude I don’t want to be rude but you can’t dump all your problems on me and my thread,

try and solve some things by investigating for yourself. 

my EFI is but a template and won’t be perfect for all but will be close, fine tuning it to make it perfect for your hack is down to you my friend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramiro_alvaro said:

Enabling SIP is possible ? Thanks.

Open config.plist in Clover Configurator

Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig

Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value

Disable SIP:  0x67

Enable SIP: 0x00

Reboot to apply changes

Edited by AudioGod