AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2020 at 8:59 AM, photom said:

Thanks everyone from this thread - especially @AudioGod for making this happen.  Everything is working super awesome - this motherboard is a b*** to work with.  But thanks to you all awesome people I have an awesome machine.

Your very welcome buddy, :) 
Wow try working with a Z390 Pro if you think the master is hard to work with...lol

The Z390 Master is a Overclockers dream to work with and also a perfect lhack board in every way.

the only gripe I have with it is now fixed (as you already know) and will be released in the next bios update. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AudioGod said:

亲爱的 朋友,如果您认为主机很难与Z390 Pro一起使用,那就试试Z390 Pro。 :) 

Z390 Master是超频者的梦想,并且在任何方面都是完美的lhack板。

我已经解决的唯一问题已解决(如您所知),并将在下一个BIOS更新中发布。 

Hello, do you have a new version. Your 0.5.7 works well.

2 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Hello, do you have a new version. Your 0.5.7 works well.

The version I gave is my latest unreleased version already. Nothing newer. Check the thread for new releases. When I do one I put up a big notice. Next one will around the same time as 10.15.4 is released and it will just be 057 touched up for release.

new versions of clover and NDK EFIs will be released then too.

I leave you with this thought and saying.......

if it’s working well for you then why would you want the latest version because if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it!

good night and enjoy your hack :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

我提供的版本已经是我最新的未发布版本。没什么新的。检查线程是否有新版本。当我做一个时,我会发出很大的通知。下一个大约与10.15.4发布的时间相同,它将被修改为057。

三叶草和NDK EFI的新版本也将发布。

我离开你的想法,并说......。

如果对您来说效果很好,那您为什么要最新版本,因为如果它没有损坏,那就不要修复它!

晚安,尽情享受 :) 

Thank you. I compared the version. I still think 10.14.5 is the best one to use.

2 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Why your 9900k cpu is 5.2gHz

Because I am a OverClocker and have a golden 9900k that lives under a well made loop and can handle 5.2ghz with ease as a 24/7 overclock. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

IMPORTANT 10.15.4 UPDATE NOTICE.  (CLOVER USERS)
everybody that is using my Clover EFI please make sure you update to the latest version of Clover (5107) before updating too 10.15.4 or you may find your unable to update Catalina.

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5107

I will update the Clover EFI’s on the thread ASAP but if you don’t want to wait then just make sure you do the above and your be fine. :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

重要的10.15.4更新通知。(CLOVER用户)
正在使用我的Clover EFI的所有人,请确保在更新10.15.4之前也更新到最新版本的Clover(5107),否则您可能会发现无法更新Catalina。

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5107

我将尽快在线程上更新Clover EFI,但如果您不想等待,请确保执行上述操作即可。 :) 

opencore Need to update?

10.15.4 - устанавливается с флешки. Устанавливается по вашей рекомендации. Clover-r5107, EFI - ваш старый "AG Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 030320.zip". Установка прошла успешно.

Edited by kapelan6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

macOS 10.15.4 Release: all works fine here with Clover r5107, OpenCore 0.5.7 Beta latest commit and NDK-Opencore 0.5.7 Beta latest commit. :thumbsup_anim: 

Yes all working here too, We just need OC, WEG, NDK, etc etc to come out of beta and go release and then I can get on with updating all the EFIs. There’s no point me doing it before then though as il only have to do it all again when stuff goes release.

@Matgen84 Why do you use SSDT-RTC0 if you don’t mind me asking buddy?

54 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

10.15.4 - устанавливается с флешки. Устанавливается по вашей рекомендации. Clover-r5107, EFI - ваш старый "AG Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 030320.zip". Установка прошла успешно.

Рад, что здесь приятель, Наслаждайтесь :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes all working here too, We just need OC, WEG, NDK, etc etc to come out of beta and go release and then I can get on with updating all the EFIs. There’s no point me doing it before then though as il only have to do it all again when stuff goes release.

@Matgen84 Why do you use SSDT-RTC0 if you don’t mind me asking buddy?

@AudioGod This is an experimental test to do without the RTC patch: I was waiting for the results over time to tell you. Try your side, I think it works and tell me in MP.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod This is an experimental test to do without the RTC patch: I was waiting for the results over time to tell you. Try your side, I think it works and tell me in MP.

Do you think its a better resolve then just using the patch I use?

Il give it a try and see for myself.

did you make your own RTC0 or did you edit the sample one?

:thumbsup_anim:

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Do you think its a better resolve then just using the patch I use?

Il give it a try and see for myself.

did you make your own RTC0 or did you edit the sample one?

:thumbsup_anim:

I use the sample one for testing. At the moment there do not seem to be any errors. You are more qualified than me to say if it is better than the patch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I use the sample one for testing. At the moment there do not seem to be any errors. You are more qualified than me to say if it is better than the patch.

Im not so sure about the more qualified then you part brother but ok il check it out and see what I can see. :hysterical:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 Did you change any quirks or just remove the patch and did you check if AWAC or RTC0 was the right one to use?

@AudioGod I don't change any quirks. Because there is no AWAC entry in original Aorus Master DSDT, I use RTC0 SSDT. If I remember well: the original RTC device is under LPCB.

26 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@AudioGod I don't change any quirks. Because there is no AWAC entry in original Aorus Master DSDT, I use RTC0 SSDT. If I remember well: the original RTC device is under LPCB.

Hello, according to this https://khronokernel.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/awac.html, if you don't have AWAC device in original DSDT, you don't need SSDT-AWAC nor SSDT-RTC0. So for Aorus Master we don't need this patches.

Edited by darthsian
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, darthsian said:

Hello, according to this https://khronokernel.github.io/Getting-Started-With-ACPI/Universal/awac.html, if you don't have AWAC device in original DSDT, you don't need SSDT-AWAC nor SSDT-RTC0. So for Aorus Master we don't need this patches.

What do you think of this: "On some boards RTC device is disabled by returning 0 from _STA status method and to enable it 0xF will be returned as expected by macOS." in SSDT-RTC0 header. I don't understand why it is not necessary. This SSDT remplace the patch in config.plist.

Edited by Matgen84

I believe injecting SSDT-UIAC.aml has stopped my keyboard from randomly at times going out on me when plugged into USB 3 ports.  It's very random though so at the moment I'm not sure if it's just pseudo.  I'm also experimenting with the new igfxfw=2 flag WEG recently introduced.

5 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I believe injecting SSDT-UIAC.aml has stopped my keyboard from randomly at times going out on me when plugged into USB 3 ports.  It's very random though so at the moment I'm not sure if it's just pseudo.  I'm also experimenting with the new igfxfw=2 flag WEG recently introduced.

I fixed usb on my 057 test EFI if you tried it by injecting USB Power direct from the kext itself.

Whats the upside of using igfxfw=2?

I haven't looked into the new beta of WEG as I've not had the time. 

Fill me in pal?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

@Matgen84 Ive checked the DSDT in raw form and your correct in your choice of SSDT-RTC0 and it is edited correctly to start with so yeah well done.

Ive compelled it and dropped my RTC patch and am now running off the SSDT. My Time and Date went out of Whack and its signed me out of all my online saved pages but otherwise it all seems ok so far. I must check to make sure the time and date are in line with windows and the bios. Will report back soon.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1