AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Thank you. I'm already looking for a problem. It will always be solved.

use hackintool and check your power settings are ok and rebuild your permissions and core cache and see if you can spot anything wrong and if it helps.

and make sure hibernation is completely disabled using this script,
disablehibernate.command

lastly just incase this is the correct EFI you should be using if your using Clover on your system.

AG Clover Z390 Pro Polaris EFI 040320.zip

Just now, photom said:

Hey Guys.  I am using the OPENCORE version { latest } and I am getting really choppy audio when connecting to a USB dac.  Is this because of some USB issues?

What DAC is it buddy and what usb type is it using?

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

What DAC is it buddy and what usb type is it using?

I have tried two - both using USB2: ADI 2 DAC and Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus - both show the same issue.  

I don't see this problem when I boot in clover - but clover hates me - breaks hardware acceleration after a few reboots.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Edited by photom

7 minutes ago, photom said:

I have tried two - both using USB2: ADI 2 DAC and Cambridge Audio Day Magic Plus - both show the same issue.  

I don't see this problem when I boot in clover - but clover hates me - breaks hardware acceleration after a few reboots.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Ok a couple of questions to build up a picture in my head,

are you connecting to the Usb2 hub on the motherboard or using one of the usb3 ports thats Usb2 as well?

did you make your own usb.kext or are you using mine and is this using NDKs fork of OpenCore or original OC?

with clover what do you mean when you say hardware acceleration breaks exactly? Are you referring to it falling to allocate memory (a stop sign at boot up)?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Ok a couple of questions to build up a picture in my head,

are you connecting to the Usb2 hub on the motherboard or using one of the usb3 ports thats Usb2 as well?

did you make your own usb.kext or are you using mine and is this using NDKs fork of OpenCore or original OC?

I am using your recent build.  I have tried connecting it to both ports USB2 and USB3.  I have used only your files - I have not made any changes to them except adding my Platforminfo.

1 minute ago, photom said:

I am using your recent build.  I have tried connecting it to both ports USB2 and USB3.  I have used only your files - I have not made any changes to them except adding my Platforminfo.

Thank you, are you using The original OC or the NDK OC EFI as I have both?

Just now, photom said:

I am using the original OC.

And THANK YOU!!!!

Could you try using the NDK Oc EFI and tell me if the problem remains?

i think I might know what’s wrong but the only way to be sure would be to test using the NDK Oc EFI.

Try with this one and let me know if it’s still the same for you?

N-D-K 056 Z390 Master EFI Polaris 030320.zip

With clover what’s happening to you on that front?

is it giving you a stop sign at boot up cos we can fix that one now if it is?

6 minutes ago, photom said:

I am using the original OC.

And THANK YOU!!!!

I did some further testing - I have used the built in audio card { on motherboard } no choppiness.  Only USB dacs are acting like this.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

i think I might know what’s wrong but the only way to be sure would be to test using the NDK Oc EFI.

Testing now - will report in a few minutes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No issues on the NDK version of Opencore audio works perfectly fine.  BTW.  I have used the NAVI version of your EFI file - I have upgraded from 580 to 5700xt and did not update the signature yet - doing it now.

Just now, photom said:

No issues on the NDK version of Opencore audio works perfectly fine.  BTW.  I have used the NAVI version of your EFI file - I have upgraded from 580 to 5700xt and did not update the signature yet - doing it now.

Ah ok yes sorry use the Navi Efi in that case.

right I know what’s wrong and it’s my fault...lol ops

i need to correct one of the USBX.SSDT, I’m using a Native instruments DAC and it’s working perfect on the OC EFI but I just plugged in a prism Dac and I’ve got the choppy choppy attacking my hack too. Good spot my friend thank you I shall fix the SSDT but for now just use the NDK fork as it’s still OC just using a dsdt and with a graphical interface. 
if you want to do one more test to totally confirm it then I can send you my latest OC EFI and just tell me if the problem is still there (it should be)?

• Like 1

Ah ok yes sorry use the Navi Efi in that case.

right I know what’s wrong and it’s my fault...lol ops

i need to correct one of the USBX.SSDT, I’m using a Native instruments DAC and it’s working perfect on the OC EFI but I just plugged in a prism Dac and I’ve got the choppy choppy attacking my hack too. Good spot my friend thank you I shall fix the SSDT but for now just use the NDK fork as it’s still OC just using a dsdt and with a graphical interface. 
if you want to do one more test to totally confirm it then I can send you my latest OC EFI and just tell me if the problem is still there (it should be)?

Sure!  I can test no problem.  Just send me your EFI and I will put it to the test.  THANK YOU AGAIN!

4 minutes ago, photom said:

Sure!  I can test no problem.  Just send me your EFI and I will put it to the test.  THANK YOU AGAIN!

Nice one bud,

give me ten minutes as I’m just going to make myself a cup of coffee and I will then sit down and look at my ssdt and try and spot where I’ve gone wrong and I will then send you a version to test.

hang tight I shall return soon :) 

@Matgen84 Have a look a my usbx.ssdt in my OC EFI and see if you can spot where I went wrong while I look too please brother?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

@photom Sorry for the delay, Ive fixed the SSDT but I just need to check something before I send it over to you.As soon as I have spoken to somebody il get back to you with the corrected file.wont be long and I've not forgotten about you. :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@photom Sorry for the delay, Ive fixed the SSDT but I just need to check something before I send it over to you.As soon as I have spoken to somebody il get back to you with the corrected file.wont be long and I've not forgotten about you. :)

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 Have a look a my usbx.ssdt in my OC EFI and see if you can spot where I went wrong while I look too please brother?

Sorry, I just see your post now. What can i do for you, bro

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry, I just see your post now. What can i do for you, bro

It’s ok buddy I got to the bottom of the problem and made a new ssdt, I just need to add the lines to it so it doesn’t load into windows or Linux and I’m done.

i asked Texem to do it for me as I’m confused where to add the lines. Do you know by any chance?

It’s ok buddy I got to the bottom of the problem and made a new ssdt, I just need to add the lines to it so it doesn’t load into windows or Linux and I’m done.

i asked Texem to do it for me as I’m confused where to add the lines. Do you know by any chance?

Sent me your new ssdt and the lines you want to add. I take a look, if I can do for you. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@photom Sorry for the delay again.

All sorted here you go.

Replace SSDT-EC-USBX.aml inside the Original OpenCore EFI with the attached file, Reboot and try your DACs now and let me know if its working right now for you?

the path is EFI/OC/ACPI :)

new EC-USBX.zip

So the audio sounds better - but there are some cracking happening from time to time.  I can also see that the system is a bit slower now.  

Just now, photom said:

So the audio sounds better - but there are some cracking happening from time to time.  I can also see that the system is a bit slower now.  

I take that back - it is still choppy as hell.  

32 minutes ago, photom said:

System performance should not be affected as the ssdt is only describing how to supply power to usb.

I've tried on my NI audio 6, My Prism and a Steinberg DAC over here and all three are working perfectly for me now.

ive loading a complex project into logic and I'm pressing play over and over to try and make it trip up and its not doing it anymore and there's no stutter and zero cackling on long play back via all three dacs.

Edited by AudioGod