AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Bios settings for the igpu should be 64 / 256 / 256. You can also use 32 instead of 64 but 64 is what you want to try aim for?

all the correct bios settings to use are listed on page one of this thread.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)

Enter BIOS  Press Delete  Enter Setup

Save & Exit  Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration ->  XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

Yes, yes, I know. I was experimenting to see if OcQuirks is a universal solution. I can tell my current experience: new OcQuirks makes OSX boot in greater number of situations. It's not an ideal solution yet (with Clover). If OSX fails to boot with crossed circle, resetting with button seems to help. I'll try to use this configuration for some time, it doesn't make things worth at least. Thank you.

Maybe I should give OC a go but at this time it doesn't look as smooth as Clover does. When I tried it with your previous release it even didn't detect any OS other than OSX and had an ugly menu so I returned back to Clover.

21 minutes ago, SLV said:

Yes, yes, I know. I was experimenting to see if OcQuirks is a universal solution. I can tell my current experience: new OcQuirks makes OSX boot in greater number of situations. It's not an ideal solution yet (with Clover). If OSX fails to boot with crossed circle, resetting with button seems to help. I'll try to use this configuration for some time, it doesn't make things worth at least. Thank you.

Maybe I should give OC a go but at this time it doesn't look as smooth as Clover does. When I tried it with your previous release it even didn't detect any OS other than OSX and had an ugly menu so I returned back to Clover.

Im surprised you have trouble with 19,1 on the Master board as I never had any tbh from day one till now it always has booted unless I mess to much jumping from smbios to smbios testing for other people I'm good.

OC or Clover on the master in general is trouble free for most users using my files. of course everybody's different and no two systems act alike but I base my findings on the reports that come back to me and on the master its 90% trouble free for most. 

and just too add I completely disagree with you about oc quirks and clover. I think its the best of the bunch by far and that's why I use it and have done for a while now and I think most users on my thread would totally agree with me on that one.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Im surprised you have trouble with 19,1 on the Master board as I never had any tbh from day one till now it always has booted unless I mess to much jumping from smbios to smbios testing for other people I'm good. 

Just to make it clear: generally I had tree troubles for the whole time I'm using OSX on this board:

1) I can't boot into OSX sometimes after switching between my operating systems.

This problem gets solved once I disable iGPU. I don't know what benefits iGPU gives for OSX except "it's how the things work on native iMac 19,1", I don't see any difference whether I enable or disable it.

Also, your latest OcQuirks with plist gives me a better result and a more percent of successful boots than it was in your 03.03 release.

2) I definitely had some troubles with sound after sleep.

I don't remember exactly, but maybe you got it fixed already. I don't put the system to sleep because I had some problems with auto sleep and decided to turn it off completely, so can't say anything here.

3) I'm having troubles with sound after booting into windows and rebooting to OSX.

It's a known problem and I'm not alone with it here. This gets solved if I shutdown the PC instead of rebooting when switching from Windows.

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

and just too add I completely disagree with you about oc quirks and clover. I think its the best of the bunch by far and that's why I use it and have done for a while now and I think most users on my thread would totally agree with me on that one. 

I don't know why you thought OcQuirks is a bad thing in my eyes - I didn't say it. I said that your new version with config works better than the version in 03.03 release but it's not an ideal solution yet because I still have some troubles with booting after switching OS. That's what I said. Sorry if it was not clear enough - English is not my native language, you know :-)

Has anyone gotten Sidecar to work wirelessly with a Fenvi T919?

edit: I finally got it to work.  I started by creating a new account on my hack and signing in to my apple id and it immediately worked.  Went back into my main account and logged off my Apple ID and logged back in.

Edited by hungrywallet

So over the weekend I installed macOS on my secondary rig, Z390 Asus Z370 Formula X / Old Samsung 830 SSD and I find it amazing how much faster it boots than macOS on my 970 Evo (not plus) on my main rig.  Anyone else ever notice this?  Makes me feel like changing my drive. 

1 minute ago, hungrywallet said:

So over the weekend I installed macOS on my secondary rig, Z390 Asus Z370 Formula X / Old Samsung 830 SSD and I find it amazing how much faster it boots than macOS on my 970 Evo (not plus) on my main rig.  Anyone else ever notice this?  Makes me feel like changing my drive. 

Have you got all the same software installed as the more that’s in there the slower it boots.

if I wipe my drive and do a fresh install with a time machine restore then it’s rapid at booting until I go though each app one by one and all the caches get rebuilt and then it’s back to normal boot time (that’s using a 860 EVO or a 970 EVO)

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Have you got all the same software installed as the more that’s in there the slower it boots.

if I wipe my drive and do a fresh install with a time machine restore then it’s rapid at booting until I go though each app one by one and all the caches get rebuilt and then it’s back to normal boot time (that’s using a 860 EVO or a 970 EVO)

I actually did a clean install on my main rig after noticing how fast the other system was at boot and it still doesn't compare.  I read around and it seems something to do with the 970's and macOS.  I'll shoot comparison videos when I get the chance.

46 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Using your EFI will intermittently disconnect the network. How can I solve it?

Add Airportfixup.kext to the kext folder and restart the system.

if you have a problem with your internet it’s down to your hardware somewhere and it’s impossible for me to know as you haven’t given or listed any details on your system spec.

also please don’t write in huge text like that please mate?

thank you :)  

21 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I actually did a clean install on my main rig after noticing how fast the other system was at boot and it still doesn't compare.  I read around and it seems something to do with the 970's and macOS.  I'll shoot comparison videos when I get the chance.

I can test that one out over here as I have a wd black, a 970 pro, 860 EVO, 970 EVO and a Corsair whatever it’s called nvme ssd sitting here and I can try it out and find out.

il try it out on the wd black nvme 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Add Airportfixup.kext to the kext folder and restart the system.

if you have a problem with your internet it’s down to your hardware somewhere and it’s impossible for me to know as you haven’t given or listed any details on your system spec.

also please don’t write in huge text like that please mate?

thank you :)  

I can test that one out over here as I have a wd black, a 970 pro, 860 EVO, 970 EVO and a Corsair whatever it’s called nvme ssd sitting here and I can try it out and find out.

il try it out on the wd black nvme 

Check it out,

Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula / macOS on 830 SSD SATA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/e8HpHYLnays5BdrHA

vs

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master / macOS on 970 Evo M2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6VuugJ7uiMT4pv4eA

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

将Airportfixup.kext添加到kext文件夹中,然后重新启动系统。

如果您的互联网有问题,则取决于您的硬件在哪里,由于您没有提供或列出系统规格的任何详细信息,我无法知道。

还请不要用这样的大文字写伴侣?

谢谢 :)  

我可以在这里测试一下,因为我坐在这里有wd black,970 pro,860 EVO,970 EVO和Corsair,无论它叫n vme ssd,我都可以尝试一下并找出答案。

il在wd black nvme上尝试一下 

z390 aorus master 

64g

rx580

intel 256g m2 nvme760p

14 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

z390 aorus master 

64g

rx580

intel 256g m2 nvme760p

What are you using to connect to the net?

ethernet or WiFi?

if it’s WiFi then what WiFi card are you using?

Edited by AudioGod

19 hours ago, AudioGod said:

您正在使用什么来连接到网络?

以太网还是WiFi?

如果是WiFi,那么您正在使用什么WiFi卡?

Ethernet

I don't have WiFi

Intermittently cut off the network, will automatically connect to the network, once every two minutes or so.

1 minute ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Ethernet

I don't have WiFi

Intermittently cut off the network, will automatically connect to the network, once every two minutes or so.

In that case Check your network and your hardware as the cause is not from the EFI I’m afraid but a problem from your setup.

could also be your macOS install or setup within

Edited by AudioGod

Just now, AudioGod said:

在这种情况下,请检查您的网络和硬件,因为原因可能不是来自EFI,而是来自您的设置的问题。

All my settings are your EFI,

There is no problem with windows.

Just now, ucdosjiafu said:

All my settings are your EFI,

There is no problem with windows.

The Ethernet has never ever had a problem with anybody’s setup using my Efi so in this case it’s a fault within your setup not the EFI. That’s about as much as I can tell you for sure

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

以太网从来没有对使用我的Efi进行任何设置产生任何问题,因此在这种情况下,这是您设置中的故障,而不是EFI。我可以肯定地告诉你

What should I check now? Everything is normal in windows, MAC network problems

7 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

以太网从来没有对使用我的Efi进行任何设置产生任何问题,因此在这种情况下,这是您设置中的故障,而不是EFI。我可以肯定地告诉你

Can you give me a detailed tutorial on installing Mac OS? My motherboard is Z390 aorus master

My motherboard has been unlocked, follow your method. Do I need to brush BIOS f11c again?

28 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Its got to be a problem within your setup somewhere. Are you using the bios settings listed on page one?

also there is a link to glasgoods Catalina guide on page one too, have a look through that my friend and see if there’s any clues.

its hard for me to know what the problem is on your side as I have so little Togo by but the only thing I can tell you for sure is that the ethernet should be working flawlessly and this has never been an issue for anybody using my EFI so that is why I’m so sure it’s a fault on your end.

also you don’t need to add anything to my EFI other then your details like your SN, MLB and UUID but don’t add any additional kexts or drivers just use my EFI in its vanilla form and go from there.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ucdosjiafu said:

Long time ago, I had the opposite problem on an ivy hack: ethernet works on mac and not on windows. Did you try another ethernet cable?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AudioGod said:

在您的某个地方的设置中一定有问题。您是否正在使用第一页上列出的BIOS设置?

在第一页上也有指向glasgoods Catalina指南的链接,请浏览一下我的朋友,看看是否有任何线索。

我很难理解问题,因为我对Togo的了解很少,但是我只能向您保证的是,以太网应该可以正常工作,对于使用我的EFI的任何人来说,这从来都不是问题所以这就是为什么我确定这是你的错。

另外,除了您的SN,MLB和UUID之类的详细信息之外,您也不需要向我的EFI添加任何内容,而无需添加任何其他的kext或驱动程序,只需以我的原始形式使用我的EFI即可。

Have you ever encountered an automatic restart?

I detail my situation, the network is disconnected, I continue to use the network during the use process, I am off work, the mac is on standby, the next day after I work, I found that the network is normal, but my WeChat login is abnormal, my network log , Showing a long period of time automatically disconnected and reconnected every two minutes, my mac did not turn on hibernation. Not before, I do n’t know why now, I flashed bios, I tried mac10.14.5 and mac10.15.3; as a result, the current situation is intermittent network disconnection and reconnection. However, I haven't experienced any network disconnection for two days using windows, everything is normal. Do you want me to abandon mac now? I am unwilling. My hardware is basically brand new.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Long time ago, I had the opposite problem on an ivy hack: ethernet works on mac and not on windows. Did you try another ethernet cable?

I tried it, thank you for your comments. However, intermittent network disconnection still occurs.

The strange thing is that I won't be disconnected during use. Everything works fine for eight hours. My mac doesn't sleep and doesn't shut down. When I came to work the next day, my network was abnormal. Maintenance automatically quits, and the network is now abnormal. However, I used mac the next day, and everything worked fine during the use of the network, which is strange!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ucdosjiafu said:

I detail my situation, the network is disconnected, I continue to use the network during the use process, I am off work, the mac is on standby, the next day after I work, I found that the network is normal, but my WeChat login is abnormal, my network log , Showing a long period of time automatically disconnected and reconnected every two minutes, my mac did not turn on hibernation. Not before, I do n’t know why now, I flashed bios, I tried mac10.14.5 and mac10.15.3; as a result, the current situation is intermittent network disconnection and reconnection. However, I haven't experienced any network disconnection for two days using windows, everything is normal. Do you want me to abandon mac now? I am unwilling. My hardware is basically brand new.

nobody’s telling you to abandon Mac we are just pointing out the problem is not with the EFI but from within your system itself, nobody is saying your hardware is broken we are just pointing to your hardware as the cause, could be something you have done within macOS etc etc but what we can say again is it’s not the EFI my friend.

If it was a problem that was common then you would of already been told how to fix it but since it’s a one off unique problem that’s only happened to you and you alone then people are always going to look to you and your own hack as the cause I’m afraid, 

use hackintool and check your power settings are ok and rebuild your permissions and core cache and see if you can spot anything wrong and if it helps.

and make sure hibernation is completely disabled using this script,
disablehibernate.command

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

没有人告诉您放弃Mac,我们只是指出问题不在于EFI,而是从系统本身内部,没有人说您的硬件损坏了,我们只是指出了硬件的原因,这可能是您在内部所做的。 macOS等,但我们可以再说一遍,这不是我的朋友EFI。

如果这是一个普遍的问题,那么您会被告知如何解决,但由于这是一个唯一的独特问题,只发生在您身上,只有您一个人,所以人们总是会以您和您自己的方式来寻找问题。因为我怕 

Thank you. I'm already looking for a problem. It will always be solved.