AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LVNona said:

why would Ryzen be better that Intel for apple or Hackintosh?

Intels CPU architecture has been the same since the 6600k and will still be the same when the fire breathing 10 core 10900k or whatever they call it comes out this year. (6+ years of the same silicone) 

They simply can’t compete with their 14nm+++++++++++++++++++ tech anymore and they also can’t perfect 10nm where as the ryzen 3000 and upcoming 4000 series craps all over anything intel has to offer.

If Apple integrate Ryzen into there ecosystem then prices of MacBooks will drop, cores and cpu power will fly up, pci lanes will increase and best of all we will all have a choice in what we want to build. For me that’s all priceless.

bare in mind it’s all a pipe dream at this moment in time but you never know. My fingers are crossed anyway.

Edited by AudioGod

18 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

What doesn't work on Ryzen at the moment?  I'm pretty tired of Intel at this point.

loads of things and it’s not actually catalinas fault but more because there no code written into any apps so stuff just doesn’t work right across the board. Be careful though as a AMD fan boy will tell a different story. Photoshop and most adobe stuff Logic Pro plug-ins, audio in multitrack form, acceleration  all messed up , no native support equals abit of a mess.

like I said before it’s a fantastic hobby hackintosh but in no way can it be used seriously as a daily driver.

p.s intel sucks and so does there 7 year old 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ :hysterical:

Edited by AudioGod

8 hours ago, hungrywallet said:

At the moment Clover.  I couldn’t get opencore to boot windows when I had tried it so I stuck with Clover.

Try my version bud, the ssdts are patched so it won’t effect windows or use NDKs fork of it as it’s patched so you can use a dsdt and again it won’t effect windows,

im updating the thread today to the latest versions of both so give it a go if your bored and fancy a change, :thumbsup_anim:

NEW EFI Updates (10.15.4 Ready), 3rd March 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

New DSDT's For bios revision F11c ONLY

OcQuirks Revision 17 (clover)

AppleALC-1.4.7

Lilu 1.4.2

WhateverGreen 1.3.7

Clover Updated to Revision 5104

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.6

N-D-K OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.5.6 (now with a very nice bootpicker)

Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs

Clover EFI Update - 03/03/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios

AG Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI 030320.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI

AG Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI 030320.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

Alternative EFI - OpenCore, No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it 3rd March 2020

We have now created a OpenCore EFI done the way the OpenCore Devs intended it to be made, There is no DSDT in use so you can use this EFI on any supported GPU and the SSDTs have been made so they will not be used in any other Operating System apart from MacOS.

AG OpenCore 056 Z390 Master EFI 040320.zip - OC Version 0.5.6, SMBios19,1 (04/03/20)

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore 3rd March 2020 Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios.

N-D-K 056 Z390 Master EFI NAVI VEGA 030320.zip - Vega 56/64 Navi (5600 5700 XT) & Radeon VII DSDT Bios F11c

N-D-K 056 Z390 Master EFI Polaris 030320.zip - RX Polaris Series DSDT Bios F11c

For OpenCore and the N-D-K Version Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the F11c Unlocked Profile but if for any reason you can not unlock MSR then just modify following in the OpenCore config.plist :

249434888_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_26_02.thumb.png.948834bc41d84df577e126ae92c9d773.png

Additional Downloads

mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

And Just because I have to show off my handy work, this is what I did to my Hack over the weekend.

I hope you like it and a bit of rainbow puke.

I want to set a colour scheme so any ideas on what to do would be very welcomed and helpful :) 

IMG_2740.thumb.jpeg.ff50e89cddb08caae8c599d214bae722.jpeg 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

OpenCore 056 EFI - Works Well. Thanks.

Fantastic thank you so much for reporting back.

Everything is working as it should be yes?

no problems to mention or anything strange?

there shouldn’t be I’m just checking to make sure.

thanks again for letting me know. Your a star :) 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

My system has started randomly switching itself off. Like a power loss. Not sure if this is a hardware or OS issue? Normally, I would probably blame the faulty PSU or Mobo, but since this is the Hackintosh, maybe there is an issue with it?

17 minutes ago, jake_mike said:

My system has started randomly switching itself off. Like a power loss. Not sure if this is a hardware or OS issue? Normally, I would probably blame the faulty PSU or Mobo, but since this is the Hackintosh, maybe there is an issue with it?

Never heard of that one before being caused from anything other then hardware tbh, is this using clover? (not that it matters)

Also if it’s doing it in windows then for sure it’s hardware.

Edited by AudioGod

6 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Never heard of that one before being caused from anything other then hardware tbh, is this using clover? (not that it matters)

Also if it’s doing it in windows then for sure it’s hardware.

I am using Clover. The 3rd of March build.

What I also noticed is that when you wake up the PC, Mac OS says that USB drives were not ejected properly... the thing is that the were not ejected at all :hammer:

9 minutes ago, jake_mike said:

I am using Clover. The 3rd of March build.

What I also noticed is that when you wake up the PC, Mac OS says that USB drives were not ejected properly... the thing is that the were not ejected at all :hammer:

you can use jettison to fix the usb eject problem, can also try changing darkwake=0 too 8 or no dark wake at all.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Anyone ever lose their keyboard randomly at times?  I do and have to replug it sometimes to get it to work again.

Yes it happens on Usb2 ports on all gigabyte and some asus boards.

it happens in windows too.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Yes it happens on Usb2 ports on all gigabyte and some asus boards.

it happens in windows too.

Thanks, I actually have it plugged into USB 2 ports. I'll switch them over to the 3.0s.  Thanks!

edit:  Also, does Mac not support middle clicking on the mouse button to scroll up and down like on Windows?

Edited by hungrywallet

I believe I found a solution to the Gigabyte DAC problem when booting into Windows and then Mac and having no sound.  I uninstalled the Realtek driver and switched to the default Microsoft one and I am getting sound between OS changes.  Not fully confirmed yet though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

I believe I found a solution to the Gigabyte DAC problem when booting into Windows and then Mac and having no sound.  I uninstalled the Realtek driver and switched to the default Microsoft one and I am getting sound between OS changes.  Not fully confirmed yet though.

That’s a great idea, cool..let me know how it holds up please buddy?

:thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

@hungrywallet I am currently trying to track down as to why Navi is only stable under 19,1, I’m determined to get to the bottom of it as I want to run my hack via smbios 1,1 with igpu disabled. I’ve tried every bit of fake news out there with peoples claims on how to fix it but it’s all nonsense and none of that has worked so Im hunting it down myself, 

I will find a solution!!!!!!! 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet I am currently trying to track down as to why Navi is only stable under 19,1, I’m determined to get to the bottom of it as I want to run my hack via smbios 1,1 with igpu disabled. I’ve tried every bit of fake news out there with peoples claims on how to fix it but it’s all nonsense and none of that has worked so Im hunting it down myself, 

I will find a solution!!!!!!! 

I'd help out but any time I switch smbios versions and have to change my serial I end up having to call Apple to get my account unblocked from Imessages, etc.  :cry:

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

That’s a great idea, cool..let me know how it holds up please buddy?

:thumbsup_anim:

It seems to work.  Just rebooted to Windows, used my speakers, rebooted to macoS, and speakers continued to work.  I'd definitely had loss sound through them before.