AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hello my friend
Thnaks for your hard work
I've a ryzen 3950x / Aorus x570 Master & radeon vii now , your Efi and files worked so great with my previous i9 9900k , but now Full acceleration became sometimes choppy / laggy .. can you provide me with Radeon VII files/kexts only ?
THanks
Did the Ryzen 3950x work out of the box or did you have to do any changes? I have a Ryzen 7 1700x I was wondering if I can use that for hackintosh with minimal hacking.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

Did the Ryzen 3950x work out of the box or did you have to do any changes? I have a Ryzen 7 1700x I was wondering if I can use that for hackintosh with minimal hacking.

I followed vanilal guide for AMD , it's working but my full acceleration have some problems , i think it's related to my GPU

So I tried your OpenCore 0.5.5 on my system (Aorus Master Z390 on F11c BIOS, 580 RX, i9-9900K) with your config.plist (added my serial no, UUID, MLB) and unfortunately it failed with a no disk Apple logo. Don't have time to debug right now so I didn't turn verbose on but I did do the BIOS memory reset by taking out the battery.

Back to using MemoryAllocation.efi and wondering what to do next.

Edited by M0r1d1n

16 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

OK turned on verbose. Couldn't allocate runtime (...). So I'm back to square 1.

You will need to preform a full bios reset by removing all power to the system and then removing the motherboards internal battery for a few minutes then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and continue as normal.

If you find your unable to boot up with the new EFI and the IGPU enabled then you can try dropping the IGPU memory from 64mb to 32mb or if that doesn't work you can disable the IGPU and change the shiki boot argument to shikigva=144

also the oc Efi is made for a unlocked MSR, if your is locked then check the notes for OpenCore on how to set up the plist for a locked MSR.

You will need to preform a full bios reset by removing all power to the system and then removing the motherboards internal battery for a few minutes then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and continue as normal.

If you find your unable to boot up with the new EFI and the IGPU enabled then you can try dropping the IGPU memory from 64mb to 32mb or if that doesn't work you can disable the IGPU and change the shiki boot argument to shikigva=144

also the oc Efi is made for a unlocked MSR, if your is locked then check the notes for OpenCore on how to set up the plist for a locked MSR.

Hey Audiogod,

I have seen you say this a couple of times. What does the removal of battery from BIOS do?

Also does it matter that I have 64 gb RAM?

What is locked vs unlocked?

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Full BIOS reset done with internal battery removal.

Profile loaded.

MSR is unlocked.

I don't want to disable iGPU.

1 hour ago, M0r1d1n said:

Good news. iGPU set to 32 MB and changed the other option from 256 to 128 MB (not sure if this is necessary in your setup). Loaded up correctly.

That was due to reducing to 32mb like I said to you already. Good stuff Pal, I’m glad it’s working for you now. Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

next time before you complain to me about your problems please take a moment beforehand to check the notes for my EFIs on the main page as everything I told you I just copied and pasted from there. I know it’s hard work sometimes but a little reading saves a lot of hassle. (Just saying my friend)

Edited by AudioGod

7 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

You need to chill out dude. I wasn't complaining. I was stating facts.

Any ideas what the battery removal and BIOS reset is supposed to help with?

Easy now there, I wasn’t having a go so you need to chill yourself and not get so Narky over nothing. What you got to realise is how many people I have to constantly help out and out of them people a big percentage including yourself could of got to the bottom of it without question just by reading the main notes. 

battery pulling with no power fully clears out the cmos and gets rid of all traces of any old junk left in there from older or previous EFIs using memory allocations associated with it. 

Edited by AudioGod

Easy now there, I wasn’t having a go so you need to chill yourself and not get so Narky over nothing. What you got to realise is how many people I have to constantly help out and out of them people a big percentage including yourself could of got to the bottom of it without question just by reading the main notes. 

battery pulling with no power fully clears out the cmos and gets rid of all traces of any old junk left in there from older or previous EFIs using memory allocations associated with it. 
@AudioGod

1. Thank you so much for this post!
2. Can you please check what's the value of "ulimit -n" command on your terminal? I see 256 and I need to increase that but I haven't been able to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, texasdude11 said:

@AudioGod

1. Thank you so much for this post!
2. Can you please check what's the value of "ulimit -n" command on your terminal? I see 256 and I need to increase that but I haven't been able to do that.

And thank you texasdude (great name) for being nice and Always polite and reading stuff up and not always expecting from me like some other people do on here (no names mentioned).:hysterical:

I’m not in front of my hack now but when I next am I will do that for you and let you know bud. :thumbsup_anim:

And thank you texasdude (great name) for being nice and Always polite and reading stuff up and not always expecting from me like some other people do on here (no names mentioned).:hysterical:

I’m not in front of my hack now but when I next am I will do that for you and let you know bud. :thumbsup_anim:
I have been around in xdadevelopers forum and been a mod there as well for a while. Sometimes many of us take the hard work and generosity for granted. You've always been helpful to me here. I'll wait for your reply.

• Thanks 1

[mention=2541109]texasdude11[/mention] Just did it and its 256 over here too
This is really a deal breaker for me unfortunately! All the tutorials online to increase this permanently are for older versions of Mac. I can do it temporarily in a shell by using ulimit -n 20000 but if I restart the shell, it resets.

The value determines number of open files by the app, and my Java application wants to open more files. It runs on Linux where ulimit is higher but not on Catalina. I don't think it's related to the efi or setup, but i haven't found a way to do it on Catalina.

6 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

This is really a deal breaker for me unfortunately! All the tutorials online to increase this permanently are for older versions of Mac. I can do it temporarily in a shell by using ulimit -n 20000 but if I restart the shell, it resets.

The value determines number of open files by the app, and my Java application wants to open more files. It runs on Linux where ulimit is higher but not on Catalina. I don't think it's related to the efi or setup, but i haven't found a way to do it on Catalina.

Yep I get you totally and yes its a Apple Catalina our way or the high way problem that and nothing else.

have a word with MaLd0n or Slice about it as if anybody will know if it can be done permanently for you they will.

Edited by AudioGod

On 2/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, channa13 said:

Hello my friend

Thnaks for your hard work

I've a ryzen 3950x / Aorus x570 Master & radeon vii now , your Efi and files worked so great with my previous i9 9900k , but now Full acceleration became sometimes choppy / laggy .. can you provide me with Radeon VII files/kexts only ?

THanks

Haha snap I have the same board sitting here too. Lovely motherboard and cpu but it’s not supported hardware and so for this reason it’s a bit flaky as a hackintosh. Don’t get me wrong it does work but only so well. I would love to have my x570 master and a 3950x as my main hack but to many things just will not or ever will work properly for me while there’s no official support in apps for amd cpus. It’s not Catalinas fault surprisingly but as there’s no support there’s also no amd code in any apps so for me logic audio plugins are hit and miss, audio playback over multi tracks is also a bit of a miss, photoshop is bit all over the place, lightroom crashes and the list goes on and on and on,

as for full acceleration using my 5700xt seemed ok but again it’s very app dependent on how well it works.

dont beleave the hype from the intel haters and AMD fanboys, having a AMD hackintosh as your main rig is a terrible idea if you depend on macOS and it’s apps.

if it’s more of a hobby sort of thing then yeah great but that’s as far as I would personally take it..

fingers crossed the rummers and mummers and found bits of code pointing at ryzen 4000 MacBooks appearing soon turn out to be true cos then it’s all change and everything will start working right.

Edited by AudioGod

9 hours ago, AudioGod said:

I read the main notes. I was going through them one by one as I found the time to do so, and posting my findings as I went, for posterity. By chill out I mean please stop treating every post as if an attack upon your person. We're here to figure things out so let's focus on that.

Also removed some stuff from the .plist that I'm not using, e.g. the audio kext, etc. (using an external sound card).

23 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

I read the main notes. I was going through them one by one as I found the time to do so, and posting my findings as I went, for posterity. By chill out I mean please stop treating every post as if an attack upon your person. We're here to figure things out so let's focus on that.

Also removed some stuff from the .plist that I'm not using, e.g. the audio kext, etc. (using an external sound card).

I never thought for a second you were attacking me (until you did attack me (not that I care tbh)) but I was just pointing out that you should do abit more research before asking that’s all pal and all my reply’s to you were nothing but friendly matey so get over it and move on now.
I’m always here to help but would also appreciate it if I didn’t have to go over and over the same thing that’s on my notes. Nice one buddy and cool

Edited by AudioGod

@AudioGod Most of us aren’t native speakers I assume, but phrases such as “buddy”, “pal”, “matey” are derogatory. Just FYI, not taking offense or giving any.

So I’m testing your setup since this morning and I have a question or two. When I did my own config, the OC boot selector menu would remember my previous selection (e.g. Macintosh SSD or Windows). This one doesn’t. Any ideas what to look for? NVRAM works properly as far as I can tell. Otherwise it all seems to be working like a charm, and stress tests aren’t causing any problems.

One more: Do you have any plans for updating your setup for newer versions of OpenCore in the future?

5 minutes ago, M0r1d1n said:

@AudioGod Most of us aren’t native speakers I assume, but phrases such as “buddy”, “pal”, “matey” are derogatory. Just FYI, not taking offense or giving any.

So I’m testing your setup since this morning and I have a question or two. When I did my own config, the OC boot selector menu would remember my previous selection (e.g. Macintosh SSD or Windows). This one doesn’t. Any ideas what to look for? NVRAM works properly as far as I can tell. Otherwise it all seems to be working like a charm, and stress tests aren’t causing any problems.

One more: Do you have any plans for updating your setup for newer versions of OpenCore in the future?

Na your wrong it’s how I talk and buddy means buddy and brother means brother etc etc , that’s me being nice so your taking it totally the wrong way. Look through my thread and your see that’s what I call everybody. Your to paranoid in that case...lol....Where you from bro anyway?

yes will update OpenCore when 0.5.6 is released but not before then. I stick to release versions only because Oc changes on a daily basis so I wait till a release is made before letting off my EFI. I already have OC and the NDK version bang up too date on my side and as soon as it’s released the same will happen on my thread.

sorry and to default a drive you select the drive you want at the bootpicker and press control and enter together and done.

you can also do it from within Catalina too.

Only the NDK fork auto remembers your last boot drive choice not the real version. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Haha snap I have the same board sitting here too. Lovely motherboard and cpu but it’s not supported hardware and so for this reason it’s a bit flaky as a hackintosh. Don’t get me wrong it does work but only so well. I would love to have my x570 master and a 3950x as my main hack but to many things just will not or ever will work properly for me while there’s no official support in apps for amd cpus. It’s not Catalinas fault surprisingly but as there’s no support there’s also no amd code in any apps so for me logic audio plugins are hit and miss, audio playback over multi tracks is also a bit of a miss, photoshop is bit all over the place, lightroom crashes and the list goes on and on and on,

as for full acceleration using my 5700xt seemed ok but again it’s very app dependent on how well it works.

dont beleave the hype from the intel haters and AMD fanboys, having a AMD hackintosh as your main rig is a terrible idea if you depend on macOS and it’s apps.

if it’s more of a hobby sort of thing then yeah great but that’s as far as I would personally take it..

fingers crossed the rummers and mummers and found bits of code pointing at ryzen 4000 MacBooks appearing soon turn out to be true cos then it’s all change and everything will start working right.

Thanks a lot dear AudioGod for your support and helping people making their hackintosh working and i'm one of them , so thanks again and again.
Unfortunately all you said is true , i'm using windows now with my ryzen 9 3950x & aorus master x570 , till things will get better..I havea trust on you that you can make this config a beast for hackintosh (even in future) So please try to do your best if one day you decide to make the ryzen config full working like you did with intel .. I always appreciate your effort , and wish u a good luck

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, channa13 said:

Thanks a lot dear AudioGod for your support and helping people making their hackintosh working and i'm one of them , so thanks again and again.
Unfortunately all you said is true , i'm using windows now with my ryzen 9 3950x & aorus master x570 , till things will get better..I havea trust on you that you can make this config a beast for hackintosh (even in future) So please try to do your best if one day you decide to make the ryzen config full working like you did with intel .. I always appreciate your effort , and wish u a good luck

Let’s hope that Apple really is going ryzen this year cos then it all changes and everything will start working much better in that front.

again though for a hobby build the ryzen hack is great. :)

If I ever get my Ryzen build solid enough that I’m happy il send you my EFI for you too try on yours.

• Like 1

Just now, AudioGod said:

Let’s hope that Apple really is going ryzen this year cos then it all changes and everything will start working much better in that front.

again though for a hobby build the ryzen hack is great. :)

If I ever get my Ryzen build solid enough that I’m happy il send you my EFI for you too try on yours.

Thank you :D

Can't wait , Ryzen hackintosh will really change the game , and will be a True tank