AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

@texasdude11

AG Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT)

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@texasdude11

AG Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT)

F11c MSR Unlocked Profile.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11c ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

7 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Wow, that was fast! Thanks, my friend, let me try it right now, i am currently doing it as we speak. I will reply back in a couple of minutes if it works!

PS: are these the same settings as your First post? I did already try those and it didn't work. While installing, shall I use the output from 5700xt or from the motherboard?

2 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

Wow, that was fast! Thanks, my friend, let me try it right now, i am currently doing it as we speak. I will reply back in a couple of minutes if it works!

PS: are these the same settings as your First post? I did already try those and it didn't work. While installing, shall I use the output from 5700xt or from the motherboard?

Yes these are the settings from the first post plus a unlocked MSR,

install with the 5700xt installed in the top slot and your igpu set to enabled,

if you would prefer to have the igpu disabled and don’t care about side ar then you need to change the shiki boot argument from 80 too 144

Edited by AudioGod

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Yes these are the settings from the first post plus a unlocked MSR,

install with the 5700xt installed in the top slot and your igpu set to enabled,

OK thanks, reinserting the GPU in there and trying it again. Does it matter that I am using a m.2 drive and does it need to be in any specific slot as well?

Just now, texasdude11 said:

OK thanks, reinserting the GPU in there and trying it again. Does it matter that I am using a m.2 drive and does it need to be in any specific slot as well?

No that’s fine and you can put your nvme drive in any slot but make sure you account for what pci lanes it cuts off in the slot it’s using and that it doesn’t effect your setup.

other then that crack on my friend and good,luck :) 

26 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No that’s fine and you can put your nvme drive in any slot but make sure you account for what pci lanes it cuts off in the slot it’s using and that it doesn’t effect your setup.

other then that crack on my friend and good,luck :) 

Ok I tried that, and it doesn't like something... I was able to go to this screen, then it sat there for 10 minutes and rebooted. Installer went back to here and then rebooted back to this screen. It's here third time now sitting at 13 minutes remaining all over again. 

Anyway to get logs to show you? 

20200215_181209.jpg

1 minute ago, texasdude11 said:

Ok I tried that, and it doesn't like something... I was able to go to this screen, then it sat there for 10 minutes and rebooted. Installer went back to here and then rebooted back to this screen. It's here third time now sitting at 13 minutes remaining all over again. 

Anyway to get logs to show you? 

20200215_181209.jpg

Sounds to me like it restarted like it was meant to and then went to the usb installer again instead of installing from the main drive.

Just now, AudioGod said:

Sounds to me like it restarted like it was meant to and then went to the usb installer again instead of installing from the main drive.

No I made sure that it didnt go into the USB installer. It went to the MacOs drive where I had installed it. 

I have built a hackintosh in past with high sierra on i5, I'm not an Ultra noob, but definitely I do not have an expertise as you guys here. Would you know how to check what is going on?

No I made sure that it didnt go into the USB installer. It went to the MacOs drive where I had installed it. 

I have built a hackintosh in past with high sierra on i5, I'm not an Ultra noob, but definitely I do not have an expertise as you guys here. Would you know how to check what is going on?

in that case I’ve never seen that before so I’m unsure and need to have a think about it.

someone may weigh in as well if they know what the problem is. It’s something stilly I bet.

did you uncheck kernal pm in the clover config if your using my profile?

Edited by AudioGod

4 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

in that case I’ve never seen that before so I’m unsure and need to have a think about it.

someone may weigh in as well if they know what the problem is. It’s something stilly I bet.

OK Thank you my friend. At least we tried. Let me restart the whole process from scratch and see if I can get it going again. I have the whole weekend spend on this thing. :)

Make sure you have kernelPM unchecked in the clover config if your using my profile bud and it’s 12.30am over here in London and I have one hell of a cold so my Brian’s abit fried, I’m sure il see this in the morning once I’ve fixed up and be able to come up with a solution for you. :) 

like I said before I bet it’s something small and silly :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Make sure you have kernelPM unchecked in the clover config if your using my profile bud and it’s 12.30am over here in London and I have one hell of a cold so my Brian’s abit fried, I’m sure il see this in the morning once I’ve fixed up and be able to come up with a solution for you. :) 

like I said before I bet it’s something small and silly :thumbsup_anim:

Take rest my friend :) I appreciate all your help and dedication to this thread and forum! I probably will be awake when you wake up. Its 6:40 pm here lol

@texasdude11 Just thinking about it and you should only see that page when it’s installing off the USB key. When it’s restarts and does the rest of the install off the main drive you should see a black screen with a white Apple sign and a status bar and time remaining under it so I would say I’m pretty sure your not making it that far and seeing the first instal page again indicates it’s running off the key again.

are you using Catalina 10.15.3 to install with? 

Edited by AudioGod

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

@texasdude11 Just thinking about it and you should only see that page when it’s installing off the USB key. When it’s restarts and does the rest of the install off the main drive you should see a black screen with a white Apple sign and a status bar and time remaining under it so I would say I’m pretty sure your not making it that far and seeing the first instal page again indicates it’s running off the key again.

are you using Catalina 10.15.3 to install with? 

Yes, I have catalina 10.15.3 to start with, is there any other version that I shall try? I just started over and copied the efi partition to USB and will start installing again.

3 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

Yes, I have catalina 10.15.3 to start with, is there any other version that I shall try? I just started over and copied the efi partition to USB and will start installing again.

You absolutely have to have the EFI on the USB key to install with and 15.3 is perfect 

also use the APFS File system format on your main drive if your not already.

Edited by AudioGod

8 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

Yes, I had your efi before as well. Let me try again. 

Just incase its the EFI playing up (doubt it but just to be safe) Heres my EFI Ripped directly from my NVMe.

Its basically the same other then its using a newer version of FWruntimeservices and OcQuirks Drivers.

Z390 Master Clover EFI 150220.zip (5700 XT DSDT)

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

OK, let me try this, thank you!

No Worries,

While I'm at it if you want to use OpenCore instead then here's that boot loader too.

again fresh from my drive as well.

AG OpenCore 055 EFI 150220.zip (sent the wrong one a moment ago by mistake)

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Just incase its the EFI playing up (doubt it but just to be safe) Hers my EFI Ripped directly from my NVMe.

Its basically the same other then its using a newer version of FWruntimeservices and OcQuirkas Drivers.

Z390 Master Clover EFI 150220.zip

Just now, AudioGod said:

No Worries,

While I'm at it if you want to use OpenCore instead then here that boot loader too.

again fresh from my drive as well.

Z390 Pro OpenCore DSDT Free V055 EFI.zip

A quick question, when I copy paste your EFI, shall I delete everything from my efi folder and replace it with yours? I noticed that clover installer creates some more folders and files. 

I do not know much about OpenCore (only heard about it a lil on this forum, i can try this but I will have to google OpenCore more to see steps for it...)

5 minutes ago, texasdude11 said:

A quick question, when I copy paste your EFI, shall I delete everything from my efi folder and replace it with yours? I noticed that clover installer creates some more folders and files. 

I do not know much about OpenCore (only heard about it a lil on this forum, i can try this but I will have to google OpenCore more to see steps for it...)

dont use the OpenCore EFI I sent its the wrong one.

use the updated one I replaced it with instead,. ops

when you paste the new efi in you select replace when asked too, dont over install clover on top of mine. its literally just a copy and paste and replace EFI Folder for EFI Folder then dont over instal clover onto the drive again. its not needed and causes a mess.

Also never install RC Scripts from clover.

Edited by AudioGod

5 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

dont use the OpenCore EFI I sent its the wrong one.

use the updated one I replaced it with instead,. ops

when you paste the new efi in you select replace when asked too

OK thanks, that's what I had been doing. I used your latest EFI and it's booting now. fingers crossed :)

Just now, AudioGod said:

Good luck 

Thank you. 

Currently it's sitting on the apple logo and says "Estimating time remaining", to "12 minutes remaining". It's moving tho.

Still tryingto boot into the USB stick to start the installation process. I'll need all the luck :)

20200215_193621.jpg

20200215_193746.jpg

Thank you. 

Currently it's sitting on the apple logo and says "Estimating time remaining", to "12 minutes remaining". It's moving tho.

Still tryingto boot into the USB stick to start the installation process. I'll need all the luck :)

20200215_193621.jpg

20200215_193746.jpg

And it rebooted back to clover screen, sigh. Maybe I'll try opencore thing.