AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

Hi

AudioGod's EFI and BIOS profile work like a charm for me. Thanks

btw, can I get HDMI output of motherboard while using dGPU?(in my case vega56)

I connect mobo's HDMI port and get no signal.

probably I don't use this port but I want to know available or not.

30 minutes ago, JamesTK said:

Hi

AudioGod's EFI and BIOS profile work like a charm for me. Thanks

btw, can I get HDMI output of motherboard while using dGPU?(in my case vega56)

I connect mobo's HDMI port and get no signal.

probably I don't use this port but I want to know available or not.

Hi,

Im glad to hear your happy buddy and in answer to your question its a no, 

when your using the gpu you can only use the igpu in headless mode im afraid.

trying to use it usually results in a crash straight away.

A cheap second compatible AMD card would be your best option if you need more outputs.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Hi,

Im glad to hear your happy buddy and in answer to your question its a no, 

when your using the gpu you can only use the igpu in headless mode im afraid.

trying to use it usually results in a crash straight away.

A cheap second compatible AMD card would be your best option if you need more outputs.

Noted.

Thank you for your quick reply:)

17 hours ago, LVNona said:

Hi folks!

Im on Clover now and so far everything working and no issues. Is there any benefits and advantage to switch to Opencore?

no not really, it’s just a personal taste thing really and OC is very much a work in progress.

Ask me the same question in a few months from now and I might give a different answer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LVNona said:

Same here -wondering ;) 

Go for it guys, it’s safe as houses :thumbsup_anim:

sorry I usually stick A notice up with every update but I’m snowed under at the second so I forgot...lol

Update Away my friends :) 

For anybody else wondering about the update,

10.15.3 is totally safe to update too so go for it.

Edited by AudioGod

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Go for it guys, it’s safe as houses :thumbsup_anim:

sorry I usually stick A notice up with every update but I’m snowed under at the second so I forgot...lol

Update Away my friends :) 

For anybody else wondering about the update,

10.15.3 is totally safe to update too so go for it.

Done it as soon as it was released, direct D/Load and install - No problem :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

This might look like a strange / stupid question, but better ask than have problems afterwards.

My system (with rx580) is connected to two screens.  One 1920x1080 monitor via DP used for general stuff and a 1920x1080 tv via HDMI.

The monitor for general stuff via DP needs to be replaced.  Will it pose problems when I go higher in resolution? Like quad HD or 4k ?  The TV will remain 1920*1080 for a while but in the near future / when it breaks it will be changed too.  (to probably the same resolution as the monitor I'm planning to buy now)

1 hour ago, decat said:

This might look like a strange / stupid question, but better ask than have problems afterwards.

My system (with rx580) is connected to two screens.  One 1920x1080 monitor via DP used for general stuff and a 1920x1080 tv via HDMI.

The monitor for general stuff via DP needs to be replaced.  Will it pose problems when I go higher in resolution? Like quad HD or 4k ?  The TV will remain 1920*1080 for a while but in the near future / when it breaks it will be changed too.  (to probably the same resolution as the monitor I'm planning to buy now)

No it should be fine although you might find the Hack default to the lower resolution screen while booting up. other then that though it shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi AudioGod,

Thanks lot for your hard work.

I am trying to get it running on a Z390 master with an iGPU only. I have installed F11c, applied the config, created the boot media and used the "Aorus Z390 Master F11c HD630 igpu EFI".

When booting I do get the Prohibited sign (circle with a stripe). I have applied the following settings as I thought it could be the lack of memory for the iGPU:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

I have enabled verbose mode so I could see the error but the text gets all scrambled but before it does it shows "iousbhostfamily missing required descriptor" a few times.

Any help is greatly appreciated :) 

3 minutes ago, Mentox said:

Hi AudioGod,

Thanks lot for your hard work.

I am trying to get it running on a Z390 master with an iGPU only. I have installed F11c, applied the config, created the boot media and used the "Aorus Z390 Master F11c HD630 igpu EFI".

When booting I do get the Prohibited sign (circle with a stripe). I have applied the following settings as I thought it could be the lack of memory for the iGPU:

• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 512M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> MAX
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB

I have enabled verbose mode so I could see the error but the text gets all scrambled but before it does it shows "iousbhostfamily missing required descriptor" a few times.

Any help is greatly appreciated :) 

If you haven’t got a separate gpu installed then remove -wegnoegpu from the boot arguments and try again buddy. :) 

this Efi is made for if you have a Nvidia card in there too and the above boot argument disables any Gpus connected to a pcie slot but can prang a system out that is using the igpu only.

Edited by AudioGod

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If you haven’t got a separate gpu installed then remove -wegnoegpu from the boot arguments and try again buddy. :) 

this Efi is made for if you have a Nvidia card in there too and the above boot argument disables any Gpus connected to a pcie slot but can prang a system out they is igpu only.

Thanks for the absurdly quick reply! I removed the Nvidia to avoid issues.... :angel_not:

I have removed it but still the same issue. I`ve tried all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and the rest of the system is just a bare Z390 with a 9900K, no BIOS changes have been made after applying your config.

18 minutes ago, Mentox said:

Thanks for the absurdly quick reply! I removed the Nvidia to avoid issues.... :angel_not:

I have removed it but still the same issue. I`ve tried all the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and the rest of the system is just a bare Z390 with a 9900K, no BIOS changes have been made after applying your config.

put the Nvidia back in and try again but with my boot argument in place and that should work correctly but let me know if it doesn’t buddy.

im not in front of my hack at the moment to send you an alternative EFI if need be but I will do so when I can if that still doesn’t work for you.

make sure you set the igpu as the main gpu in the bios (to boot first)

Edited by AudioGod

47 minutes ago, gibbo592 said:

just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has contributed - especially to you and  @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee  appreciate the efforts you go to for the community. 

4 minutes ago, kapelan6 said:

Присоединяюсь к сказанному gibbo592. Огромное Вам Спасибо, за ту работу которую Вы нам оказываете.

Спасибо.

:thumbsup_anim:

@gibbo592 Are you a Clover or OpenCore user now days?

22 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Using Clover currently mate - tried OC briefly but not really good for dual boot setup I have running.

:thumbsup_anim:

@gibbo592 Are you a Clover or OpenCore user now days?

• Confused 1

Hei guys! I have weird issue and that happened after I updated to latest OS 10.15.3:

first in middle sleep computer can automatically start and that crash to Default Bios settings and my other windows boots up.

Also just noticed if I boot with your BIOS settings I can't boot OS - it stacks at OS logo and thats it!

If I do BIOS LOAD to DEFAULT I can start OS without problems.

Any idea?