AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,963 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2024 at 10:13 PM, pkdesign said:

Hey, anybody on Sequoia beta (or release?) Everything working?

So finally found a bit of time last night to start redoing my EFI in prep for the Sequoia upgrade. This morning I whipped out my current sonoma install, slammed in an old nvme drive and booted from the new USB Sequioa installer. Everything went surprisingly smooth after I realised I hadn't enabled "SetupVirtualMap" which was casuing a Kernel panic until it was enabled. After that install went fine, restored from a Time Machine backup stored on my NAS and 30 mins later I was back at the desktop and all looked familar. Once OCLP had done its thing I even had WiFI back and working! All in all very pleased, just need to bit more testing and then re-do it all again on the original hackintosh NVMe SSD which is much faster.  

Yes I finally installed Sequoia on a extra NVMe drive and I have to say I am very happy with it. It has gone far better than Ventura or Sonoma did. I haven't moved my production machine over, I will wait for a .1 update before I do that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I have not used OCLP to activate my wireless. Could that be the reason?

That and even if you have the required Silicon or T2 Chip Mac and in Europe, you will be still out of luck.

This function is not available (at the moment) to European countries because of some wrangle between Apple and the EU.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

That and even if you have the required Silicon or T2 Chip Mac and in Europe, you will be still out of luck.

This function is not available (at the moment) to European countries because of some wrangle between Apple and the EU.

Well at least it works in for us in the UK, or it it does for me anyways on my Studio. Dunno about the rest of Europe and they're not missing much imho. 

Edited by jimborae
Spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jimborae said:

Well at least it works in for us in the UK, or it it does for me anyways on my Studio. Dunno about the rest of Europe and they're not missing much imho. 

Maybe you got lucky because of Brit-exit and no longer a part of the EU.

* (You may see a message that iPhone Mirroring is unable to connect to iPhone because iPhone Mirroring is not available in your country or region. iPhone Mirroring is not currently available in the European Union.

Published Date: September 26, 2024). This is taken from Apple' website.

Even so, as I said you're still limited by Silicon or T2 Chip.
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 8:50 AM, saCULar said:

Just wondering if any other z390 board Sonoma installee's have noticed any screwiness with sound output. My wired headphones no longer being recognised.  Sound outputs via bluetooth fine.

Peace out!

saCUL

I had the wrong alcid value in my boot args....

On 10/9/2024 at 12:36 PM, jimborae said:

So finally found a bit of time last night to start redoing my EFI in prep for the Sequoia upgrade. This morning I whipped out my current sonoma install, slammed in an old nvme drive and booted from the new USB Sequioa installer. Everything went surprisingly smooth after I realised I hadn't enabled "SetupVirtualMap" which was casuing a Kernel panic until it was enabled. After that install went fine, restored from a Time Machine backup stored on my NAS and 30 mins later I was back at the desktop and all looked familar. Once OCLP had done its thing I even had WiFI back and working! All in all very pleased, just need to bit more testing and then re-do it all again on the original hackintosh NVMe SSD which is much faster.  

So following my successful Sequoia install for my Intel Hack I tried to install Sequoia on my Ryzentosh again all went until I tried to apply the OCLP to enable my Fenvi WiFi card. It now does the same as what Intel hack used to do. I.e. the card is not seen and the WiFI toggle is greyed out and I'm no able to switch WiFI on.  OCLP says that patches have been successfully applied so I'm not sure what's going on. 

23 hours ago, jimborae said:

So following my successful Sequoia install for my Intel Hack I tried to install Sequoia on my Ryzentosh again all went until I tried to apply the OCLP to enable my Fenvi WiFi card. It now does the same as what Intel hack used to do. I.e. the card is not seen and the WiFI toggle is greyed out and I'm no able to switch WiFI on.  OCLP says that patches have been successfully applied so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Kext order?

like this?

image.thumb.png.ef7f6c1c03e71380b2d884ee86faf21e.png

i mean...airportlrlwm at the bottom..last kext..

mine is ax210 but...I think the order of kext has to be this...

image.thumb.png.07cebe9e8bb629f1a1bed50950236a3b.png

work great on Ryzen with AX210.. (oclp 2.0.2)

😕 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

Kext order?

like this?

😕 

Cheers for the reply.

Yes I believe the order is fine, but I'm going to do another fresh Sequoia install soon and double check.  Will let you know how I get on. 

Edited by jimborae
Formatting

12 hours ago, D3v1L said:

Kext order?

like this?

😕 

Ryzentosh Fenvi issues now fixed thanks. I think it was because my IOSkyWalkFamily.kext was missing the Block entry in the config.plist and possibly using an old version IO80211Family.kext. Anyways cheers for your help D3v1l .

• Like 2