AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,944 posts in this topic

@pkdesign As you've rightly stated, migrating is less time consuming.

Unfortunately if the installation you are migrating from is a bit flaky from the word go, then you will transfer those same glitches.

All my OS installations are vanilla with the time consuming installation of the programs.

That way I am near enough certain of the solidarity of the combined system.

Obviously your needs will probably differ from mine as I treat mine as a hobby now I am in my retirement days and time is no longer a concern of mine.

You probably use yours in a work related environment so time may not be a luxury you can afford. To cut out my waffling droll, beware of porting over glitches when migrating.

On the other hand if the installation is trouble free in operation, then by all means moving it over to a new disk or an update, then that method has it's merit.

Good luck what ever you decide.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiko89 said:

@eSaF could you help me?

thank you so much 🙏

In what way? Please specify, i.e installation or update?

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

In what way? Please specify, i.e installation or update?

I choose Ventura but I have two problems:

1 I can't download anything from the Apple Store (download never start, stay on loading)...I've tried to change serial etc...but I'm not sure I've done it correctly (serial, rom,MLB etc)

2 after first NVRAM reset, the default boot option is EFI folder and I have to change it every time.

Thank you so much

EFI.zip

1 hour ago, kiko89 said:

I choose Ventura but I have two problems:

1 I can't download anything from the Apple Store (download never start, stay on loading)...I've tried to change serial etc...but I'm not sure I've done it correctly (serial, rom,MLB etc)

2 after first NVRAM reset, the default boot option is EFI folder and I have to change it every time.

Ok - Ive taken a look at your EFI, nothing major wrong apart from OC and a few kexts needed updating which I have done for you (attached).

There maybe a problem with your Apple ID if you can't download from the App Store, you need to sort that problem out first.

Try signing out of all Apple Services on all your Devices, then sign back in.

On the Web iCloud, sign into your account and remove your current iMac machine, if you have more than one, remove them all then sign out from iCloud.

Boot off the machine and then boot back up and try signing into the App Store again and see if the result is any better.

If you're still having problems downloading Apple OS, try this app it will download all current Apple releases and some current released Betas.

After the installation of this app, check for an update to the app.

After the app downloads your desired OS to your download folder, click on the package and move the produced OS icon to your Application folder

then build your USB installer the usual way.

Getting this App to download Apple OS supersedes logging into the App Store since you're having a problem as it gets the OS from the App Store anyway.

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-07-07at17_31_54.thumb.png.d3afc5aa16ad2c9a5506f1fc44ec7702.pngScreenshot2024-07-07at17_32_38.thumb.png.991fa609955f9529819ea1b3ed116733.pngScreenshot2024-07-07at17_51_50.thumb.png.13e51338cddadb6da6af40a1bf0ce8f8.png

EFI.zip Mist.0.9.pkg.zip

• Like 2

I have an odd question. I do not have anything in my ROM section of PlatformInfo but everything is working fine. Am I wrong or should I insert something here like my MAC address?

On 6/3/2024 at 5:30 PM, eSaF said:

Ok, I think we can fix that problem.

One question, why are you using two AiportBrcmFixup.kexts if your card is a Fenvi T-919?

This card works OOB with only the correct kext in place which you have.

Try this revised EFI Folder based on the last one I edited for you.

Also to run Sonoma and get the Fenvi working, all you need is to Download OCLP and patch to enable to get all Apple Services like Ventura.

If Sonoma loads with this EFI Folder, you'll only have Ethernet then we can move on to patching WiFi.

P.S  - I forgot to mention you need to add this boot-arg 'revpatch=sbvmm'  (without the quotes) in the config.plist if it's not there.

Concerning the AiportBrcmFixup.... I don't know anymore.

Was finally able to test this new EFI again, I did need to recreate my backup disk.

Ventura works fine with it, but Sonoma doesn't want to update.

After a long time of updating my Backup Install and several reboots I still have the macOS Installer Icon in the picker, it was marked active in the first run and I did select my backup install (that might have been the issue)

The backup install is still Ventura.

Selecting the macOS Installer icon will do some stuff, but ends again afterwards at the picker.

Soo... either I broke it by selecting the wrong icon on the first reboot with the picker option, or the update process is not succeeding.

Any idea?

1 hour ago, dredhorse said:

Any idea?

Looks like maybe you'll have to start from the beginning.

Or you could at the boot menu hit the spacebar and choose Recovery and reinstall.

This will install a fresh copy without removing any of your programs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Recreated the backup.

Cleared the NVRAM

after the first reboot I did select the Install macOS

It did install and reboot

after that the boot process of the disk stops in the middle of the Apple

so no change to the old EFI.. hmm..

wonder if recovery and reinstall will work.

Or creating a new install stick with the EFI and just install from the stick onto the backup disk..

2 hours ago, dredhorse said:

Hmm, Recovery has the same issue, it just hangs.

You've got a misconfiguration in your EFI Folder I'm afraid.

44 minutes ago, dredhorse said:

Hmm... will try your copy of the EFI again, I didn't change anything except adding my values and the boot arg

You need to insure OC and Kexts are all the very latest versions.

So much has changed since examples of EFI Folders has been posted here.

@miliuco is the one to consult on the Z390 and he usually keeps his posted Folders updated.

Still doesn't work. I guess I will take a look again. Probably remove the Radeon Sensor.

Need to figure out how to display the logs during booting again, perhaps I can see something there.

• 1 month later...

I updated to Sequoia today - full 14.6 Gb download.  Had some weird blank monitor periods during the process. I have a couple of different outputs from video card and ended up changing from displayport to HDMI and then saw the update had completed!

I used the latest opencore patcher 2.01 which completed successfully, but then I couldnt boot.  Had to boot to recovery and followed some instructions referenced in a post "OCLP Patcher error" by panosru and got back to successful booting into Sequoia.

Initial impressions are that windows appear to open more quickly...t

regards

saCUL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Hey, anybody on Sequoia beta (or release?) Everything working?

Not got the balls to try it yet, as I've upgraded from the Z390 platform, and am now on a 13th Gen i5 + Aorus Gaming X Z690 and have Sonoma working ok, except Wi-Fi. 

Ultimately I want to find the time to completely rebuild my OpenCore config file and do a fresh install of Sequoia, currently there's too much left overs from my Z390 days in there. :)  

• Thanks 1

Hadn't booted the hack for a couple of days and it decided not to boot anymore.  Booted to recovery and it only progressed to grey graphic background with mouse pointer.

Rebooted into Fedora and restored my Sonoma EFI folder.

rebooted successfully... Oh the Serenity!

regards

saCUL

• Haha 1