[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

I've tested different keyboards and all of them result in the exact same DriverKit crash when capslock is pressed. 
I've tested the exact same keyboards on my mac mini and there this issue doesn't occur.

Apple is forcing us to use real macs :shock::D

:yes: Maybe YES :thumbsdown_anim: Or banned lots of compagnie :(

Edited by chris1111

6 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

I've tested different keyboards and all of them result in the exact same DriverKit crash when capslock is pressed. 
I've tested the exact same keyboards on my mac mini and there this issue doesn't occur.

Apple is forcing us to use real macs :shock::D

I'm using Apple's USB keyboards and I have no issues using the Caps Lock (See? LOL) I guess as you said Apple's focus is to make us use real Macs BUT bit by bit, first we use Apple's peripherals and then the displays and so on and so forth until we completely switched to using real Macs :D

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I test the HP Keaboard of my wife and its working good :lol::D

This is verry stange issue :frantics:

147186953_Sanstitre.png.fd88a37a268488b3faf03f2279f9ff02.png

I agree, very strange. I’ve just confirmed that the apple pro keyboard worked without the bug. I've also just finished testing a BT enabled keyboard and that has the bug so it’s not a USB issue. I’m going to have a think about this issue and report back.

Hi there,

I an hoping someone can help me with the issue I'm having with my Catalina install. My system is not going to sleep even though it works under Mojave. Oddly, it does sleep if I boot the the computer and leave it on the logon screen but after logging in the screen will sleep but the computer remains on. I attached pmset terminal info. Activity monitor only lists one thing preventing sleep ie hidd, so it maybe some usb thing?

term.rtf

Ok a clean install fix the sleep issue. Thanks

Edited by fastfwd
update

Guest ricoc90
11 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:

Why do all latest versions of Clover show incompatible message while installing on Catalina Beta 4? I am simply unable to update to latest version of Clover.

Because Apple conspiracy. Nah, there should be an option to "install anyway". If not, then you're on the latest release and you'll need to manually make your filesystem RW before installing Clover:

sudo mount -uw /

This is fixed in Clover's latest beta's.

Edited by ricoc90

1 hour ago, Matthew82 said:

Did anyone after update to 10.15 have old radeon problem with wake to black screen? 

No problem: fresh install Catalina and MSI Radeon RX580 Armor.

What old Radeon?

39 minutes ago, igorw said:

Same problem with Radeon RX 560. Black Screen or freeze after wake up.

Also having issues with the weird CAPS key bug on Logitech k230 keyboard

I found simple solution. Insert GPU to second PCIe slot and everything working good 

18 minutes ago, onemanOSX said:

On beta 4, Broadcom BCM943602CS pcie wireless card cannot connect to network with or without Airportbrcmfixup. It is working oob in Mojave.

https://imgur.com/KLgLl1s

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 10.14.54 pm.png

I have the very same one and it works without a problem, no Kext needed and no Clover fixes.

My SMBIOS is 15,1, I'm not sure if it plays a role.

40 minutes ago, igorw said:

no Clover fixes

Perhaps I could try deleting my device-id injection. Thanks for the heads up!

@igorw That worked! Deleted my device-id injection. SMBios doesnt matter in this case. Thanks again!

Edited by onemanOSX
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Matthew82 said:

I found simple solution. Insert GPU to second PCIe slot and everything working good 

Thanks for the response. I did that, and nothing changed. It still freezes upon waking up :/

10 hours ago, igorw said:

Thanks for the response. I did that, and nothing changed. It still freezes upon waking up :/

In my Z97 hackintosh with RX 570 (disabled Intel HD 4600 by BIOS) only DP display and DP audio working.

It can sleep  in S3 mode and wake-up without black screen.

Try RadeonInit on and edit Device in Clover's config.plist too.