[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mashuk12 said:

please help me i can't run OC 

processor pentium G4400 6th gen 

motherboard gigabyte H110M

Gpu nvidia gt710

I'm not sure if you are able to boot with fake CPUID. I didn't try. To boot my catalina I needed Fake haswell family patch in my kernel patch section. Sorry, I'm not able to help you with Fake Skylike family patch. You'd have to ask @PMheart or @Meowthra to help you.

Edited by hardcorehenry

Hi guys,

Not really off-topic since this is the Catalina thread (but maybe not so interesting to everyone), have you guys noticed the new screensaver in Beta 3? Pretty cool in my opinion. :D 

1923176066_Screenshot2019-07-05at18_41_562.thumb.png.266046cf3d5688abdcdd799c576c9e49.png

1385407833_Screenshot2019-07-05at18_59_402.thumb.png.1e9025261d99892382a9713654cb3efb.png

Video here.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

VSMC 1.0.6 

Fixed SMCBatteryManager with 10.15beta3

I tried out this version of VirtualSMC and, while it allowed my laptop to boot and detect the battery, I lost my CPU frequency sensor (but only in Catalina b3).  It works just fine with my Mojave installation.

20 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I tried out this version of VirtualSMC and, while it allowed my laptop to boot and detect the battery, I lost my CPU frequency sensor (but only in Catalina b3).  It works just fine with my Mojave installation.

VSMC does not contain the frequency sensors. Frequency requires IPG, but IPG does not work with 10.15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrey1970 said:

VSMC does not contain the frequency sensors. Frequency requires IPG, but IPG does not work with 10.15

I have used VirtualSMC.kext and IPG.. Frequency is detected and IPG is working too in Catalina DP 3

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 02.55.16.png

7 hours ago, valeryimm said:

HAfter booting it goes to black screen. At least after I should have igfx dump, but I don't see it. Does Hackingtool works with Catalina, cause I don't see this option for Framebuffer?

The data is already available in Hackintool so you don't need to dump it.

2 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

Possibly you install IPG earlier than beta3.

Honestly, i have upgraded it from Mojave 10.14.6 latest beta to Catalina DP3 :) (IPG has been installed before in Mojave)

But, i have separate Catalina DP 2 before with IPG (manual install in Catalina DP 2), and it's working too.

25 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Honestly, i have upgraded it from Mojave 10.14.6 latest beta to Catalina DP3 :) (IPG has been installed before in Mojave)

But, i have separate Catalina DP 2 before with IPG (manual install in Catalina DP 2), and it's working too.

I disable SIP and IPG now works.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, mnfesq said:

Also, does anyone remember what revisions are needed to make RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext work in a new OS version?  Specifically the Trackpad plugin?  I remember modifying it once a few years ago but can't recall what we had to do.

Did you ever get trackpad preference pane to work with the latest beta?

2 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

Thank you for this.  When my laptop repeatedly shut down when I tried to boot to Beta 3, I did a fresh install of Catalina and, of course, failed to install IPG.  I installed version 3.5.5 and it works fine with SIP disabled, as you now know.  So I have switched back to VirtualSMC, which is now my preferred SMC spoof, and have my CPU frequencies back.  Interestingly, the plugins for FakeSMC did read CPU frequency without IPG.  For a laptop, I think it's very important to know just how well speedstepping works and I keep CPU frequency/temp and SSD temp in my menu bar using iStat menus. 

50 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Thank you for this.  When my laptop repeatedly shut down when I tried to boot to Beta 3, I did a fresh install of Catalina and, of course, failed to install IPG.  I installed version 3.5.5 and it works fine with SIP disabled, as you now know.  So I have switched back to VirtualSMC, which is now my preferred SMC spoof, and have my CPU frequencies back.  Interestingly, the plugins for FakeSMC did read CPU frequency without IPG.  For a laptop, I think it's very important to know just how well speedstepping works and I keep CPU frequency/temp and SSD temp in my menu bar using iStat menus. 

VSMC gives out smc keys as on real Mac.

On real Mac for CPU frequency IPG too is necessary.

8 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

VSMC gives out smc keys as on real Mac.

On real Mac for CPU frequency IPG too is necessary.

Not needed to copy some real Mac. Other real Mac has other SMC keys set.

With HWSensors we created new SMC keys and we can live without IPG to see only temperature and frequency.

Old hackintoshes like Core2Duo can't use IPG at all.

• Like 2

In Catalina DP 3, if we make deep sleep (sleep more than 5 minutes) then sometimes wake will be failed (Reboot / Kernel Panic). 

My Specification is in my signature,, (tried with latest CLOVER and OC Bootloader with all latest commit kext)

BSD Process always different,

image.thumb.png.6f055ccecfb5f90fbcac2b71194b5e5c.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

50 minutes ago, sonicthehedgehog2 said:

Have you used the -v (verbose mode) boot option? Do you have a screen capture?

don't forget to put in your config.plist Nvidia= true in red 

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <true/>

</dict>