[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Someone has fix for bcm94352hmb on hp4540s, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t work.

yes me

attaching files

you need flag -lilubetall

You need also latest Lilu.kext

FILES.zip

Edited by chris1111
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

yes me

attaching files

you need flag -lilubetall

You need also latest Lilu.kext

FILES.zip

Thank's alot, wifi and bluetooth work perfectly. Any chance to change the system logo in about this Mac, I tried with ThemeEngine editing Asset.car but with Catalina don't work, on Mojave instead work smooth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TombaFI said:

Lenovo Ideapad 720s use Synaptic. Here is Kext if needed.

7.png

6.png

VoodooI2C.zip

You're using VoodooPS2Controller.kext with those I2C kexts, Right?  If so, we both have Synaptics trackpads but they must be different models.  Also did you try the Synaptics I2C kext and it didn't work?

Hey everyone I upgraded to Catalina and everything works so far, but was wondering I saw some people mention about high CPU power in Intel Power Gadget and mine is the same. When my laptop is idle my Power PKG stays at around 3.00. On Mojave it was sitting at 0.50. I compiled the updated CPUFriend for 10.15 and my frequency does go below 1.30GHz like it did before so wonder what is using more power.

My dGPU is still disabled through my SSDT-PTSWAK and other aml files so maybe it is because Catalina is still in beta. 

Power_Gadget.jpg

debug_16443.zip

Edited by Andrw0380

Good news for owners of older non metal nVidia and Intel cards :thumbsup_anim: - see post#850 & updated post#938

@ASentientBothas managed to enable GPU acceleration for these cards by replacing Catalina's Frameworks with patched ones from 10.14.3...

Frameworks
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

Patched Catalina Kexts
/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext ---> fix HID timeout
/System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext ---> required to load nVidia Tesla kexts from 10.13.6

nVidia Kexts from 10.13.6 for Legacy Tesla Cards
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext (patched)
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTesla.kext

Catalina DP1_19A471t running on my legacy Dell XPS M1530 core2duo laptop with full graphics acceleration from Nvidia Tesla Geforce 8600M GT...

1125688893_CatalinaGraphicsAccelwithTeslaGeforce8600GT.thumb.png.ac721ebd238a6ff04a44586e2b45e973.png

Notes:

1. Still need to delete or rename com.apple.telemetry.plugin in /System/Library/UserEventPlugins to avoid kernel panic for Core2Duo processors (like in Mojave)

2. Repair kext and framework permissions, rebuild caches while booted into Catalina.

Kexts and Frameworks used ...

NVDA Legacy Kexts.zip

Frameworks by AsentientBot.zip

Edit:  Update for DP2_19A487l

Newly patched CoreDisplay.framework for DP2: CoreDisplay_DP2_19A487l.framework.zip , thanks to @Asentientbot post#1472

Need to mount file system as R/W to install kexts & frameworks in DP2:

sudo mount -uw /

Edited by fusion71au
Update for DP2_19A487l
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hello all,

I have acceleration with @AsentientBot  fixes and most things work,\. Thanks to these developers my ancient hackbook seems good for another macos at least for now.

Only problem is in one of the track pad functions.

Almost all features in track pad work except the drag option.

I have checked this option in accessibility pane and used both vodoops2controller.kext and the i2c one posted in response to @mnfesq post couple of replies earlier.

Other features work, except only dragging/drag drop not functional.

Trackpad fully functional with vodoops2 in mojave.

Any suggestions/fix for this?

Thanks

10 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Good news for owners of older non metal nVidia and Intel cards :thumbsup_anim: - see post#850 & updated post#938

@ASentientBothas managed to enable GPU acceleration for these cards by replacing Catalina's Frameworks with patched ones from 10.14.3...

Frameworks
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreDisplay.framework
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SkyLight.framework

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework

Patched Catalina Kexts
/System/Library/Extensions/IOHIDFamily.kext ---> fix HID timeout
/System/Library/Extensions/IOSurface.kext ---> required to load nVidia Tesla kexts from 10.13.6

nVidia Kexts from 10.13.6 for Legacy Tesla Cards
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext (patched)
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle
/System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTesla.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTesla.kext

Catalina DP1_19A471t running on my legacy Dell XPS M1530 core2duo laptop with full graphics acceleration from Nvidia Tesla Geforce 8600M GT...

1125688893_CatalinaGraphicsAccelwithTeslaGeforce8600GT.thumb.png.ac721ebd238a6ff04a44586e2b45e973.png

Notes:

1. Still need to delete or rename com.apple.telemetry.plugin in /System/Library/UserEventPlugins to avoid kernel panic for Core2Duo processors (like in Mojave)

2. Repair kext and framework permissions, rebuild caches while booted into Catalina.

Kexts and Frameworks used ...

NVDA Legacy Kexts.zip

Updated frameworks by AsentientBot.zip

Hmmb, different case on NVDA Fermi unfortunately.. -_- that's weird that GeForce, NVD*, IOAccel, IOGraphics, IOSurface, AppleGraphics.. all are loaded but having no acceleration on GT 520M (GF119), no dependencies issue appear on logs though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sidecar support on older Macs

renderTimingPixel.png

Not every Mac that supports macOS Catalina will support the Sidecar feature. I could not find any official info, but here are my own findings. There’s an explicit check that the Mac is newer than these models:

• MacBook, MacBook Air: Early 2015

• MacBook Pro: Mid 2015

• iMac: Late 2015

• Mac mini: Late 2014

• Mac Pro: Late 2013

I managed to make Sidecar work with my Mid 2014 MacBook Pro work and iPad Pro. It’s great in terms of minimal lag, but the image quality is bad. I guess the limitation is about hardware HEVC encoding which requires Intel Core 6th gen processoHere’

If you need this feature on an older Mac despite low image quality I suggest filing a bug report with Apple. A hidden option to disable such hardware check would be great.

That requires disabling System Integrity Protection and editing SidecarCore private framework to exclude your Mac model from the blacklist.

Edit: To enable unsupported Mac and "display" devices use this Terminal command:

defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display AllowAllDevices -bool true; defaults write com.apple.sidecar.display hasShownPref -bool true; open /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Sidecar.prefPane

I had discovered the AllowAllDevices settings before writing this post, but for some reason it did not have effect at first so I resorted to patching the files. Looks like the patching is not needed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, anmool said:

Catalina 10.15 auto shutdown issue after 20 and 30 minutes while running

anyone have this issue

Try to disable disk-sleep mode in system preferences, energysaverprefpane. it worked for me, no more shutdowns. Good luck 

53 minutes ago, testubabe said:

Try to disable disk-sleep mode in system preferences, energysaverprefpane. it worked for me, no more shutdowns. Good luck 

It worked for me also thanks

• Like 1