[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, PC IT said:

I suggest you to try rehabman config plist file for your system , it will boot , use virtual smc instead of fakesmc, you need to add macos smbios to the file , if you have skylake , use macbookpro13.1 and give it a try , can you send me your clover folder ?

Thanks for help.

I just did fresh install of Catalina b2. It boots in safe mode, but I get KP in normal mode.

Can you look at KP Report and my new Clover folder? U used Rehabman's config.plist.

My spec: 

Laptop HP Envy 15-as043cl

CPU: Intel i7-6560U

GPU: Intel Iris HD540, 4K ( 19260004 platform id in Mojave)

Thanks

CLOVER.zip

KP.rtf

Edited by valeryimm

3 hours ago, ludox said:
Thanks to this little "Make my disk readwriting" application by my friend Chris I managed to update the boot clover.
The only negative thing when I start Catalina again and want to update the boot clover again gives me the error of incompatibility, I always have to start the Make my disk readwriting application to update.

Thanks ludox

Yes this is the negative things -_-

• Like 1

Chris, a bug that occurs when I update the boot clover with Catalina and I can't manually select another disk destination example the program comes out without any warning, did it happen to you too?
Thank you

43 minutes ago, ludox said:
Chris, a bug that occurs when I update the boot clover with Catalina and I can't manually select another disk destination example the program comes out without any warning, did it happen to you too?
Thank you

I will check right now and  I tell you

EDIT ***

All of my drive is always there for selection

341453436_ScreenShot2019-06-26at7_38_44am.png.82ec2d6cba549ec1da1a3acd8c7eba11.png

Edited by chris1111

34 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I will check right now and  I tell you

EDIT ***

341453436_ScreenShot2019-06-26at7_38_44am.png.82ec2d6cba549ec1da1a3acd8c7eba11.png

There it does not get there .. it comes out immediately, I can only check the boot options clover the rest throws me out

1 hour ago, ludox said:

There it does not get there .. it comes out immediately, I can only check the boot options clover the rest throws me out

maybe a bug Catalina because is full of bug on the S... macOS :lol:

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone. I have a question that may seem not important, but I will appreciate hugely if someone could help me:

For many years I've replacing my Finder and Trash icons with ones I like, but Catalina doesn't allow it anymore because of the new read only system partition. 
Of course I disabled SIP, but obviously now this is not enough.
I also tried several options as:
mount -uw /  
# mount -uw /
sudo mount -uw / 

but the answer is always 
//AppleInternal, error No such file or directory

Can anyone help me to make the new system partition writable just to have my old and loved dock?

Thanks a lot. 

I don't honestly understand what does "//AppleInternal.." mean, but as far as I know it' s just a warning that can be ignored, not error. Also appears on Terminal eg. after rebuilding prelinkedkernel, it seems not related with.. (on your case) after did `sudo mount -uw /` your system root is rewritable (temporarily). Also `killall Finder` if you're dealing with it.

Thanks @crazybirdy for his script, Catalina's System root is writable by default with HFS+, 3rd party Apps also appear on Lanchpad after simple drag n drop them to /Applications just similar to Mojave or prev macOS, and no Data partition as bonus #LoL. Guessing there will be no update notif from Apple but.. no worry for now, the catalog is still alive on Apple server right?

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 3

On 6/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, valeryimm said:

I cannot do the first boot into the system after installation Catalina b2.

I already removed all the kext from “Other” folder except of FakeSMC.

still Booting stops. I tried to reinstall Catalina without luck.

Please can anyone look at my screen photo and make any suggestion?

I found only that “disk2/s1: Device is not readable” and it is boot device - my hard disk.

I am on HP Envy laptop. Skylake I7-6250U, Intel HD540.

BF5B76ED-BE34-4088-9467-0E512FDE2BCD.jpeg

I looked at your Clover folder and there is nothing that should be causing your HDD to be unreadable. If you switch to VirtualSMC, remove the SMCHelper.efi driver.  But in the screenshot above, I noticed that the stall occurs not when it finds the Catalina partition to be unreadable but when it unmounts it.  It may be that, during final installation, you get an error that causes the partition to be unmounted so that when you reboot, it's still unmounted.  I can't be certain but you might try booting to the recovery partition or possibly your Mojave partition and see if the Catalina partition is mounted.  If it is, when rebooting, select Catalina as the startup disk in system preferences and see if it works.  You could also try booting into single-user mode and manually mounting your Catalina partition "sbin/mount -uw /".  Lastly, I doubt it matters but you might try deleting your custom drive list in Clover's config.plist and setting scan to automatic.  

2 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I looked at your Clover folder and there is nothing that should be causing your HDD to be unreadable. If you switch to VirtualSMC, remove the SMCHelper.efi driver.  But in the screenshot above, I noticed that the stall occurs not when it finds the Catalina partition to be unreadable but when it unmounts it.  It may be that, during final installation, you get an error that causes the partition to be unmounted so that when you reboot, it's still unmounted.  I can't be certain but you might try booting to the recovery partition or possibly your Mojave partition and see if the Catalina partition is mounted.  If it is, when rebooting, select Catalina as the startup disk in system preferences and see if it works.  You could also try booting into single-user mode and manually mounting your Catalina partition "sbin/mount -uw /".  Lastly, I doubt it matters but you might try deleting your custom drive list in Clover's config.plist and setting scan to automatic.  

Thanks for your advice. Will try soon.

hello

apple engineurs in Cupertino are in trouble .. this is a big mess .. in Catalina .. never see this before .. 3 new image ..

big she..  

go wait to see this mess

good hack

2 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Its Developper Update , run the Dev Utility and you up to go

Just renamed to match with the first public beta that Apple released early today. The same thing each year.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Today Apple released the first Public Beta of macOS Catalina 10.15 (19A487m).
MacOS Catalina 10.15 (19A487m) Public Beta was released today on June 24th, 2019 at 12:00 CST. The first Public Beta was released just three short weeks after 10.15 Catalina was first announced at WWDC19. Even though this seems really early, the first public beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave was release just 2 days later on Jun. 26th 2018.

This Build Version (19A487m) looks to be the same as Beta 2 (19A487l).
You will not find this update in software update if you are running Beta 2 (19A487l). If you are running the current version you do not have to worry about updating or reinstalling with (19A487m).

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

1800874238_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_27_45.png.2a24ac6f067de088c7d2234b2c05e01d.png

Developer Apple not Public programme

2043239339_Capturedcranle2019-06-2620_30_04.png.b3a0082ac6dd49d0ffed0f0641df377f.png

Build 19A487m is the Public beta build, the last Developer Beta 2 build is 19A487l as seen on Download section of Apple Development account, which I have.

apwRCvo.png 

• Like 2