[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

I cannot do the first boot into the system after installation Catalina b2.

I already removed all the kext from “Other” folder except of FakeSMC.

still Booting stops. I tried to reinstall Catalina without luck.

Please can anyone look at my screen photo and make any suggestion?

I found only that “disk2/s1: Device is not readable” and it is boot device - my hard disk.

I am on HP Envy laptop. Skylake I7-6250U, Intel HD540.

BF5B76ED-BE34-4088-9467-0E512FDE2BCD.jpeg

Make sure Gatekeeper is disable

Here the simple app call Make my disk readwriting to run before clover package to avoid any issue 

544285872_Capturedcranle2019-06-3016_37_59.png.591c760d5317f335cab6025ec09915f4.png

After running the app, you will have an option "Install anyway" on clover package

1569487064_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_55_32.png.2173f4fff93f948380b37b48ddebdd6d.png

Make my disk readwriting.zip

Edited by chris1111
change buton Anuller for Cancel
  • Like 3

Oh ya, I forgot mentioning that GateKeeper was disabled on my case.

For SIP; I also use this CsrActiveConfig: Clover = 0x3E7 / OpenCore = E7030000

(Plz correct me if OC Hex Data for Csr was wrong. Thanks).

Edited by Badruzeus

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Here the simple app call Make my disk readwriting to run before clover package to avoid any issue 

480549011_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_57_08.png.20af983caab433fc10bc67b9d74f3fd9.png

After running the app, you will have an option "Install anyway" on clover package

1569487064_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_55_32.png.2173f4fff93f948380b37b48ddebdd6d.png

17 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

480549011_Capturedcranle2019-06-2421_57_08.png.20af983caab433fc10bc67b9d74f3fd9.png

I don’t get the idea how it works. I got clover r.4972 and Make my disk readwriting. I first try to run your program and after that clover,  but didn’t see the option “Install anyway”.

Does this program should modify Clover bootloader? How it knows which disk to make readwritable?

And how to make Gatekeeper disabled?

2 minutes ago, valeryimm said:

I don’t get the idea how it works. I got clover r.4972 and Make my disk readwriting. I first try to run your program and after that clover,  but didn’t see the option “Install anyway”.

Does this program should modify Clover bootloader? How it knows which disk to make readwritable?

And how to make Gatekeeper disabled?

Strange its work here without issue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

sudo spctl --master-disable
// also try with `sudo mount -uw /` before running Clover package

Needs also killall Finder

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Strange its work here without issue

Does this program makes all hard disks readable, or it modifies Clover bootloader and then Clover makes disk readable during the boot?

My Clover boots from USB and I was able to do full installaton of Catalina.

But during the first boot of Catalina it stuck.

I don’t understand if the disk is not readable, how clover managed to install Catalina on it with several reboots?

And finally, after installation was finished, and it start booting the new installation, it stuck, because the disk not readable anymore.

I have 1Gb hard disk divided in two halves. Mojave installed on 1 half and Catalina is on the other.

From Mojave I can read Catalina disk.

Any suggestions?

Edited by valeryimm

Is there any solutuion to booting?

I have 1Gb HDD, 2 partitions. One partition with Mojave installed, the other with Catalina b2.

The problem is that I cannot boot into Catalina.

I reinstalled Catalina twice. Installation went smoothly with couple of reboots.

As soon as installation is finished and first boot started it always stucks.

I removed all kexts from Clover r.4972, except of FakeSMC kext.

When I boot into Mojave I can access Catalina drive.

I am on skylake I7-6520U, Intel HD540, HP Envy.

Can anyone check screen photo?

7FF9822A-AA63-4770-B135-7A3F28AC44E7.jpeg

Edited by valeryimm

1 hour ago, valeryimm said:

I used KernelToPatch thing to prevent them showing on screen, to get clear picture of KP.

I will delete it, to get full info.

There is no KP on screenshot. All is good.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

There is no KP on screenshot. All is good.

That's what I also suspect there's no KP.

It is something else. I also wonder, why it shows "Got boot device... Device is not readable". Because I can read it from Mojave. Maybe FakeSMC kext not loading? I come home soon and I will check kext loading.

1 hour ago, valeryimm said:

That's what I also suspect there's no KP.

It is something else. I also wonder, why it shows "Got boot device... Device is not readable". Because I can read it from Mojave. Maybe FakeSMC kext not loading? I come home soon and I will check kext loading.

I think your problem is your Clover installation.  You must be missing drivers, most likely apfs, like @bronxteck said.  The OS can detect the HDD but can't read it.  If you are booting via UEFI, make sure your drivers are in drivers64UEFI.  If you are not booting via UEFI, start doing so - you have no reason to boot via BIOS.

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I think your problem is your Clover installation.  You must be missing drivers, most likely apfs, like @bronxteck said.  The OS can detect the HDD but can't read it.  If you are booting via UEFI, make sure your drivers are in drivers64UEFI.  If you are not booting via UEFI, start doing so - you have no reason to boot via BIOS.

6 hours ago, mnfesq said:

I replaced ApfsDriverLoader with apfs.efi from Catalina installation. Added some kexts (FakeSMC, Lilu, WEG. VoodoPS2Controller). Clover was reinstalled many times, now r4972. UEFI64 Drivers: ApfsDriverLoader-64, AptioMemoryFix-64, DataHubDxe-64, FSInject-64, HFSPlus, SMCHelper). Would you recommend anything else? The strange thing, everything works during the installation, but stuck in first boot.

I suggest you to try rehabman config plist file for your system , it will boot , use virtual smc instead of fakesmc, you need to add macos smbios to the file , if you have skylake , use macbookpro13.1 and give it a try , can you send me your clover folder ?

Edited by PC IT

On 6/25/2019 at 3:58 AM, chris1111 said:

Thanks to this little "Make my disk readwriting" application by my friend Chris I managed to update the boot clover.
The only negative thing when I start Catalina again and want to update the boot clover again gives me the error of incompatibility, I always have to start the Make my disk readwriting application to update.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ludox said:
Thanks to this little "Make my disk readwriting" application by my friend Chris I managed to update the boot clover.
The only negative thing when I start Catalina again and want to update the boot clover again gives me the error of incompatibility, I always have to start the Make my disk readwriting application to update.

You could create a launch daemon with the following content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>KeepAlive</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>local.localhost.rc.local</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/etc/rc.local</string>
        </array>
        <key>RunAtLoad</key>
	<true/>
	<key>UserName</key>
	<string>root</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Place the file, i. e. local.localhost.rc.local.plist, in /Library/LaunchDaemons. This will re-enable /etc/rc.local startup script. Create /etc/rc.local with the following content:

#!/bin/bash
mount -uw /
exit 0

Now system volume should be remounted read-write on every boot (I didn't try it). You can use /etc/rc.local for every task to be done at boot time.

EDIT: SIP has to be disabled to make it work.

Edited by simmel
  • Like 1