[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2019 at 3:29 AM, Wackymac said:

is anyone else having issues (specifically with adobe apps) they lost the icons on the update to beta 1. and then lost the icons again on the beta 2 update :(

Are you using "Auto" Appearance? If so try setting Dark or Light and test icons.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gorki75 said:

Light

Lost the icons in Launchpad or Applications folder?

Apple has changed the way Launchpad behaves! Instead of it auto-adding apps to Launchpad, now you have to drag them there (i.e. on top of the silver icon) from your applications folder - and subsequently they appear.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Lost the icons in Launchpad or Applications folder?

Apple has changed the way Launchpad behaves! Instead of it auto-adding apps to Launchpad, now you have to drag them there (i.e. on top of the silver icon) from your applications folder - and subsequently they appear.

Launchpad only adds app icons to it when downloading apps from the App Store, not by adding Apps to the Applications folder, if you manually add a app to the Applications folder you must drag and drop the icon from Applications folder to Launchpad. This is how Launchpad has always worked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Launchpad only adds app icons to it when downloading apps from the App Store, not by adding Apps to the Applications folder, if you manually add a app to the Applications folder you must drag and drop the icon from Applications folder to Launchpad. This is how Launchpad has always worked.

Right. But if I drag and drop PDFElement Pro to Applications folder (Mojave), the icon is directly add to LaunchPad. Actually, when I install Adobe CC 2019 or Microsoft Office 2019, the icons are automatically add to Launchpad (Mojave). I don't try into Catalina. Wait and see.

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Right. But if I drag and drop PDFElement Pro to Applications folder (Mojave), the icon is directly add to LaunchPad. Actually, when I install Adobe CC 2019 or Microsoft Office 2019, the icons are automatically add to Launchpad (Mojave). I don't try into Catalina. Wait and see.

Installing is quite different than just copying the files to Application folder. Interesting that PDFElement automatically adds the icon to the Launchpad, never seen that happen before from simply dragging an app into the Application folder.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gorki75 said:

Hola, tanto Beta 1 como Beta 2 hacen lo mismo, ... al comienzo donde colocas la contraseña, es como entrar al sistema pero regresa a la pantalla de contraseña.
No sé si tiene alguna explicación.
Gracias por todo

@gorki75 here's an pure-english section, so please post only in English, in this way all the members can understand you and give the proper help for ya!

Thanks

• Like 2

On 6/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, mnfesq said:

You're using VoodooPS2Controller.kext with those I2C kexts, Right?  If so, we both have Synaptics trackpads but they must be different models.  Also did you try the Synaptics I2C kext and it didn't work?

Sorry for the late reply!

I forgot to mention that I have changed inside the Lenovo InsydeH20 Setup Utility settings so that it will use GPIO.

Have to change Custom device> Interrupt mode = Interrupt GPI0.

Only requires ACPi GPI0 and Windows10 patch.

IMG_3030.jpeg

IMG_3029.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

On 6/23/2019 at 5:50 PM, Sherlocks said:

try this. it will help you

Clover_v2.4k_r4972.zip

I tried to upgrade to Clover v2.4k r4972 from Clover v2.4k r4961, but the installation fails with an error message like: "This package is not compatible with this version of macOS. The package tries to install content on the system volume". Contact the software developer and ask for assistance".

Running Catalina Beta 2.

• Sad 1

Hello everyone
I have a problem to install and update the boot clover with Catalina I get a message "that is not compatible" I attach photo.
I would like to know if you too had this problem and how you solved it
Thank you

Schermata 2019-06-24 alle 22.29.56.png

21 minutes ago, ludox said:
Hello everyone
I have a problem to install and update the boot clover with Catalina I get a message "that is not compatible" I attach photo.
I would like to know if you too had this problem and how you solved it
Thank you

Schermata 2019-06-24 alle 22.29.56.png

Dunno if the Clover installer package is 64bit or not but Catalina will not allow any 32bit applications to be installed or run. No workaround has been found yet.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, neknofelom said:

I have similar error as you. Did you fix it? 

7447201F-2B29-4100-9CF5-BBD889043768.jpeg

I had similar issue, trying to reach installer. The problem was the kexts in my Other folder: AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2. I left only FakeSMC, Lilu, VoodoPS2Controller and WEG. This way I was able to reach installer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Hi guys, I don't know if is a bug of Catalina, but when I try to install clover from desktop and change install location, crash the app.

Catalina does not support the installation of 32bit apps.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

Hi guys, I don't know if is a bug of Catalina, but when I try to install clover and change install location, crash the app.

Catalina does not support 32 bit apps at all or files system