[pre-release] macOS Catalina

1,679 posts in this topic

Update made, but I still can't empty the trash and safari most of time don't enter insanelymac forum at first I have to refresh the page... this happens to you guys too?

Thanks 

Captura de ecrã 2019-06-17, às 20.56.47.png

Guest ricoc90

So after the drama of the first beta I clean installed the second beta and performance-wise it seems better.
A couple of issues from beta 1 are still present in beta 2 though:

1. Safari randomly freezes
  2. Opera can't playback videos
  3. Launchpad still does not contain my downloaded apps

On 6/4/2019 at 9:13 AM, PMheart said:

News on Kernel Lapic:

Looks like the method we used to patch Lapic panic is kind of complex nowadays, and the data in 10.15 kernel really looks brand-new. For now I only want to post the patch (NOT guaranteed to work), and wait for the next Beta to check further.

Please try this kernel patch for 10.15 Beta 1:

9E 00 00 74 0E 8B -> 9E 00 00 EB 22 8B

Hi there. This patch works fine in Beta 1 but not in Beta 2. The hex data in the kernel is a bit different in Beta 2. Let us know if you have any updates...

3 minutes ago, anmool said:

anyone has  macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg beta 2

please provide me I will download beta 2

You can use the same tool from the beta 1. Makes no difference.

3 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

Does anyone's "Auto" appearance switcher from Light to Dark theme is working? Mine while on "Auto" always does "Light" and never "Dark" - does it requires a light sensor perhaps?

Make sure you have location services turned on in privacy, your time zone is set correctly, and you allow system apps access to use this service. I noticed these settings get cleared on iCloud signouts/NVRAM clears.

EDIT: I should say it works fine for me, both auto dark mode and auto night shift (I had to inject an EDID I made using Hackintool (the kext) because I have a Korean display with a bad EDID for night shift)

Edited by Skyfallkavu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skyfallkavu said:

Make sure you have location services turned on in privacy, your time zone is set correctly, and you allow system apps access to use this service. I noticed these settings get cleared on iCloud signouts/NVRAM clears.

Location Services is enabled and allowed for all System Services;

My Time Zone is set to Auto Detect, and it got my location almost correctly (under a 10-mile radius) but at the correct time zone;

Not sure, though, where to find the system apps access for this service, but it was likely on - it works on Mojave and this was a fresh install of Catalina on another volume, although it might be sharing NVRAM settings.

[Edit] While I had done before, I generated a new Display.kext, installed it into /E/C/K/O, and it booted right away into Dark mode while still set for Auto. Still have previous EDID info on default.plist. Will check again tomorrow morning, but thanks for the heads up.

Also: Password approval via Apple Watch :wub:

Edited by Alex HQuest

Airportbrcmfixup.kext is  still kernel panic with 10.15 beta 2

Dell 1560 BCM94352z.     didn't fix yet from source

another issue  downloaded App doesn't appear on launchpad

Edited by anmool
  • Sad 1

Well, for me Beta 2 didn't go so well... First, for some reason, my wireless keyboard stopped working, though it worked fine with Beta 1, and works fine with Mojave. So I couldn't log in. I'll try tonight a clean install. I'm guessing it could have been because of my Logitech Control Center app that wasn't updated. I mean, it is the latest version, but it's not updated by Logitech to work with Catalina. And I'm guessing it won't be updated until Catalina reaches final release. But...weird thing is that it worked fine with Beta 1. So, I don't know.

After that, boot to black screen (lost signal), even with updated kexts. I managed to boot back to the login screen using iMac14,2 SMBIOS. Interestingly enough not even -lilubetaall worked. But still, with no keyboard (only volume controls working), I couldn't get any further.

Will try a clean install tonight. See if it works.

Edited by arsradu
  • Sad 1

Logitech Control Center works for me and my G510 keyboard on beta 2 and original developers. I downloaded it from Logitech website after installed developers and it kept installed after updated to B2.

Edited by Alex HQuest

1 hour ago, Alex HQuest said:

Logitech Control Center works for me and my G510 keyboard on beta 2 and original developers. I downloaded it from Logitech website after installed developers and it kept installed after updated to B2.

Thanks! Could you, please, tell me what do you mean by this: "I downloaded it from Logitech website after installed developers..."?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Also, I suppose you got the Mojave version, right?

Edited by arsradu