SardusX86

30 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I recently installed macOS Mojave on my new system:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare

Intel i9-9900K

Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse 8 gb

Dell U2410

with Clover UEFI mode boot loader setting UHD 630 headless mode.

The installation seems to be successful but I have a problem with the DP connection: by connecting the monitor (Dell U2410 - DP 1.2) to the graphics card DP port I can see the clover menu but after launching the boot on the mojave drive (the screen goes black with the message "entering power save mode" and seems to go to sleep mode) and I can't see the login screen. At this point I tried to turn off and on the monitor and this way the login reappears normally.

Using the DVI-D port the problem does not occur.

these are the Device/graphic settings  the config.plist file in EFI /BOOT/CLOVER:

Devices.png

Graphics.png

WhatEverGreen + Lilu installed in /library/extensions and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others

I tried several solutions:

- BIOS > CSM Support > Enable/Disable

- WhateverGreen "agdp" boot arguments alternately:

agdpmod=vit9696

agdpmod=pikera

agdomod=ignore

- setting framebuffer manually to Orinoco in Clover Configurator > Graphics (and Inject ATI enabled)

but unfortunately none of them solved the problem.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Edited by SardusX86

Have you tried the Lilu+WhateverGreen kexts instated of injecting the Orinoco framebuffer via config?

If you use WhateverGreen do not inject any framebuffer and don’t select InjectATI under graphics section.

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Have you tried the Lilu+WhateverGreen kexts instated of injecting the Orinoco framebuffer via config?

If you use WhateverGreen do not inject any framebuffer and don’t select InjectATI under graphics section.

Thanks for Your reply,

sorry, I forgot to enter this information:

WhatEverGreen + Lilu are already installed in /library/extensions and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others

No framebuffer and NO Inject ATI as in the Clover Configurator screenshots

Edited by SardusX86

you don't need to copy the Lilu and WhateverGreen in both /L/E and /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other remove the kexts from /L/E and rebuild system caches and then reboot.

As far as I know Sapphire Pulse is one of the most macOS compatible GPUs out there.

One more thing to check before going further is to make sure that the RX 580 is set to primary and the iGPU is set to secondary in BIOS.

I connected my both displays via DP ports to my RX 580 only using Lilu+WEG.

Try with boot-arg -igfxnohdmi to disable DP to HDMI conversion patches.

Edit: Sorry my brain was in holiday.

This patch is for Intel GPU, you are using a AMD card so this patch doesn't affect you.

Edited by uglyJoe

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 8:46 PM, Cyberdevs said:

you don't need to copy the Lilu and WhateverGreen in both /L/E and /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other remove the kexts from /L/E and rebuild system caches and then reboot.

As far as I know Sapphire Pulse is one of the most macOS compatible GPUs out there.

One more thing to check before going further is to make sure that the RX 580 is set to primary and the iGPU is set to secondary in BIOS.

I connected my both displays via DP ports to my RX 580 only using Lilu+WEG.

The RX 580 is set to primary in BIOS, IGPU enabled.

I have tried removing the kexts from /L/E but the problem remains the same

Edited by SardusX86

Just now, SardusX86 said:

The RX 580 is set to primary in BIOS, IGPU enabled.

I have tried removing the kexts from L / E but the problem remains the same

Post your EFI folder and I'll take a look.

14 minutes ago, telepati said:

Did you try without WEG? 

The current configuration involves the use of the external graphics card + IGPU in headless mode with Lilu + WhatEverGreen.
What changes should I make to get the same configuration (RX580 + UHD 630 headless mode) without using Lilu + WEG?

Edited by SardusX86

9 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Try this folder, do not replace yours with this one just use a USB disk for testing and boot from that disk until we make sure that the test is successful.

CLOVER.zip

Thanks, i'll try

please, could you explain the changes you have made so i can understand?

Edited by SardusX86

You're welcome the changes I made so far are:

1. I changed the SMBIOS settings

2. I updated the kexts

3. I removed the RX580 SSDT from ACPI and added two ACPI patches to the config.plist

Hope it works out.

6 hours ago, SardusX86 said:

The current configuration involves the use of the external graphics card + IGPU in headless mode with Lilu + WhatEverGreen.
What changes should I make to get the same configuration (RX580 + UHD 630 headless mode) without using Lilu + WEG?

It will recognize IGPU as a native-like a real mac. But I am not saying without Lilu just without WEG. Also, you must remove other data on the properties except for ig-platform-id. Real mac headless IGPU recognizes as an Intel HD Graphics CFL.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome the changes I made so far are:

1. I changed the SMBIOS settings

2. I updated the kexts

3. I removed the RX580 SSDT from ACPI and added two ACPI patches to the config.plist

Hope it works out.

with macOS 10.14.4 unfortunately this solution does not works, boot stop with the message:

"This version of mac os x is not supported on thi platform"

Updating to macOS 10.14.5 the CLOVER folder You have provided can be used without changes?

3 minutes ago, SardusX86 said:

with macOS 10.14.4 unfortunately this solution does not works, boot stop with the message:

"This version of mac os x is not supported on thi platform"

Updating to macOS 10.14.5 the CLOVER folder You have provided can be used without changes?

If you see that message it means that you are using and incompatible SMBIOS settings.

If you were able to install macOS using my clover folder and then yes you can use it for 10.14.5 and so on all you need to do is to update the SMBIOS section using the Clover Configurator.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:03 AM, telepati said:

It will recognize IGPU as a native-like a real mac. But I am not saying without Lilu just without WEG. Also, you must remove other data on the properties except for ig-platform-id. Real mac headless IGPU recognizes as an Intel HD Graphics CFL.

Removing WEG and all data from devices->properties and setting ig-platform-it as 0x3E980003 in graphics (Inject Intel, Inject ATI unselected) the boot is slower but login screen resume after some seconds of black screen.

Can it be improved in any way?

How could I verify that the internal UHD iGPU is working properly in headless mode and also check that h.265 / HEVC are supported ?

Edited by SardusX86

20 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

If you see that message it means that you are using and incompatible SMBIOS settings.

If you were able to install macOS using my clover folder and then yes you can use it for 10.14.5 and so on all you need to do is to update the SMBIOS section using the Clover Configurator. 

Maybe I didn't understand anything: I'm using the smbios settings in your CLOVER folder (iMac19.1)

So should I use those settings only after upgrading to macOS 10.14.5?

Let me explain it this way, SMBIOS section in each config.plist has some general information like Product Model, Family, BIOS Version etc. which can be similar on many machines but the Serial Number and SmUUID should be unique on each machine, you can open the config.plist with clover configurator and from the SMBIOS section like shown in the image to select, change or update the SMBIOS for your config, so since I posted the folder in a public place those info are not private anymore so it's better if you change them with new data.

You can use the current folder for installing macOS and change the info afterwards or if you have access to macOS you can change the data before starting the installation which I recommend you do that be.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 5.55.19 PM.png

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

Let me explain it this way, SMBIOS section in each config.plist has some general information like Product Model, Family, BIOS Version etc. which can be similar on many machines but the Serial Number and SmUUID should be unique on each machine, you can open the config.plist with clover configurator and from the SMBIOS section like shown in the image to select, change or update the SMBIOS for your config, so since I posted the folder in a public place those info are not private anymore so it's better if you change them with new data.

You can use the current folder for installing macOS and change the info afterwards or if you have access to macOS you can change the data before starting the installation which I recommend you do that be.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 5.55.19 PM.png

I updated the iMac19.1 smbios section in the Clover Configurator: same error at boot
"Reason: Mac - AA95B1_____________"
Should I change this parameter? How?

Edited by SardusX86

Guest ricoc90
3 hours ago, SardusX86 said:

I updated the iMac19.1 smbios section in the Clover Configurator: same error at boot
"Reason: Mac - AA95B1_____________"
Should I change this parameter? How?

You should not change that parameter. Which Clover version are you using?

Guest ricoc90
4 minutes ago, SardusX86 said:

Latest: r4920

Perhaps the error message then refers to the version of macOS used (10.14.4)

Most likely that's the case.
imac19,1 is supported under 10.14.4 (18E2034). There's no support under 10.14.4 (18E226)

6 hours ago, SardusX86 said:

Removing WEG and all data from devices->properties and setting ig-platform-it as 0x3E980003 in graphics (Inject Intel, Inject ATI unselected) the boot is slower but login screen resume after some seconds of black screen.

Can it be improved in any way?

How could I verify that the internal UHD iGPU is working properly in headless mode and also check that h.265 / HEVC are supported ?

Use these settings but while boot use -verbose and share your screen here. If verbose does not stuck anywhere and after finish screen goes to black that is mean the problem is AGDC.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, telepati said:

Use these settings but while boot use -verbose and share your screen here. If verbose does not stuck anywhere and after finish screen goes to black that is mean the problem is AGDC.

I tried to load a small video of the boot process but it is> 10 mb (even compressing it) and it doesn't allow me to do it. What could I do?

In the video you can see that after the text output the monitor has a few seconds of signal failure, then the apple logo and the progress bar resume and then the login screen appears: is it normal?

Edited by SardusX86