OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,774 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Mine is set to True

And that's ok, since it's the preferred choice: so, if you want that field updated just update oc to the latest master version; if you want to install only stable releases than wait for 0.6.5 and live with that :P

Edited by ghost8282

On 12/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, YoMuS said:

Hi everyone,

I have Catalina running flawlessly on a i5-10400 with an Asus h470 with OC 0.6.4, but for some reason, I can't even get Big Sur into the installation screen.

I'm no newbie with this, and followed the Dortania Comet Lake guide, making myself the ACPi tables, but I'm out of ideas.

Here's the kernel panic I get into every time I boot Big Sur installer.

I think it has to do with USB, but tried everything, USBmap, different kexts, without luck.

Ideas anyone? Thank!

KP.thumb.jpg.80d60e4ddd9c31d3ba8405763fca23eb.jpg

up¡¡

Hi guys and Happy New Year! I have an old HP xw4600 wich is working like a dream with latest BS beta (I use iMacPro1.1 with Core2 Quad Q9300 CPU, RX 570 GPU). All Mac features are working, unless sidecar. Like you know, some legacy HP have FACP table errors. I fixed and trying to inject all table or just patches, but I always have KP. Can you tell me how I need to proceed? Thank you!

Edited by Stefanalmare

9 hours ago, Alpha22 said:

thanks for your reply, can you help me my asus Z97 card

I forgot the windows problem and at startup an infinite loading comes out (the dots moving in a circle) i don't get to the desktop

I would be happy to help you. But I am afraid even I do understand the things good. 

If you want I can provide you EFI folder of my Laptop to find the config settings and others. Rest of things depends on you.

On 12/22/2020 at 12:21 PM, Alpha999 said:

Thank you so much for telling me a lot, Download-Fritz.
My motherboard is very unlucky when it comes to OpenCore.
Therefore, I frankly thought that it was strange to express this as a general thing.

I was worried about people who couldn't boot other OS from OpenCore.

I decided to use rEFInd (an improved version) as everyone is doing and chain load it to work with the recommended settings as much as possible.

I would like to recommend this person to those who have the above concerns and want information.

https://mifmif.mydns.jp/alpha/?p=1119

Thank you very much.

@Alpha999 and the rest of the devs and fans, happy new year and best wishes for all. I tried to chain load refind plus and it worked using the link that @Alpha999 shared. However, I cannot use bootstrap/bootstrapshort with my mobo; as soon as I enabled bootstrap, the cmos starts behaving strangely and could not even turn on after shutting down the build. I configured refind to load OpenCore.efi or bootx64.efi files saved inside OC folder and both works without any issues. Bootstrap is still a no-no at least for me.

Edited by jlrycm
  • Thanks 1

I have a problem with my x99 i7-6900k, everything works fine as long as I don’t use the Music App, it would hang the Catalina and Big Sur, using MacPro6,1 or iMacPro1,1. Only the iMac17,1 would work but it doesn’t run as fast. Some pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Louis

22 ore fa, plsh2me ha detto:

Sarei felice di aiutarti. Ma temo che anche io capisca bene le cose. 

Se vuoi posso fornirti la cartella EFI del mio laptop per trovare le impostazioni di configurazione e altre. Il resto delle cose dipende da te.

ok, if you pass me the efi check the configuration settings
thanks

On 12/30/2020 at 4:22 PM, ameenjuz said:

i m using macOS Big Sur 11 i have strange problem in system preference under Battrey section

when i plug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is reappear.

when i unplug USB flash drive then (put hard disk to sleep when possible) tick box is disappear.

this is strange behavior in system preference under battery section which i m facing  

I'm not testing Big Sur much (and am not running it at the moment), but my guess is that Big Sur may attempt to display "Put harddisks to sleep" only when it believes you may have a mechanical drive (not SSD).  If the option "Put hard disks to sleep" appears when you insert a USB flash drive and disappears when you remove the USB flash drive, is it possible that Big Sur doesn't know whether your USB flash drive is solid state or mechanical, so it displays the option?

EDIT: I did a bit of searching and found this related macRumors thread.  I hope this helps.

Edited by tonyx86

Updated to 065 and my computer boots just fine, but I have lost boot chime and I can no longer tap space bar at boot to get auxiliary items. OCValidate shows no errors nor does Sanity Checker.

FIXED

Oof, I forgot to copy over new drivers. All works now.

Edited by pkdesign
FIX
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

I'm not testing Big Sur much (and am not running it at the moment), but my guess is that Big Sur may attempt to display "Put harddisks to sleep" only when it believes you may have a mechanical drive (not SSD).  If the option "Put hard disks to sleep" appears when you insert a USB flash drive and disappears when you remove the USB flash drive, is it possible that Big Sur doesn't know whether your USB flash drive is solid state or mechanical, so it displays the option?

EDIT: I did a bit of searching and found this related macRumors thread.  I hope this helps.

:ihw_wow: :thanks_speechbubble:

Edited by ameenjuz
edited

When I use the new RestrictEvents.kext with Lilu can I disable run-efi-updater in NVRAM and BlacklistAppleUpdate in OpenCore?

Edit: The RestrictEvents.kext should only be used on MacPro 7,1 SMBIOS is stated on Acidanthera.

Edited by Planet X

Hi, I'm writing on behalf of a user that is trying to make his R7 370 GPU work.

Dortania writes that the R7 is compatible and proposes a method to spoof device-id with SSDT injection.

The user is using Qemu

Original device-id: 0x6811

Spoofed device-id: 0x6810 ('X' equivalent)

I was thinking to not use SSDT injection but DeviceProperty-->Add

Something like this:

<key>DeviceProperties</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Add</key>
		<dict>
			<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
			<dict>
				<key>device-id</key>
				<data>10680000</data>
			</dict>

But here the hamletic question: how can we know the device path of the GPU if the gpu is not attached?

Since we are using qemu, all we know is that PciRoot(0x1) is ok, and that the GPU (GFX0 with whatevergreen+lilu) should be under a bridge, in the example code (and in my working case, with my gpu) under bridge pci-bridge@1,4

Last address Pci(0x0,0x0) should not change too, but I'm not sure.

I proposed to him to guess the path, by trying in order, the following paths:
PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x3)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x5)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

So my questions:
1- Is it the correct approach to use DeviceProperty-->Add to spoof device-id?

2- Is it the correct approach to guess the path of the GPU or is there a better method?Maybe from the efi shell?

Thanks

Edited by ghost8282

Hi,

42:644 00:079 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D535463 Size 1
42:717 00:072 OCSMC: SmcReadValue Key 4D534163 Size 2
42:802 00:084 AmiShimTimerBoostExit changed current period to 549254

I have this last lines from my Opencore 0.6.5 debug file, can you tell me what to understand please?

6 hours ago, tonyx86 said:

When running OC 0.6.5, OC correctly injects my FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext (6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800).  CLOVER r5127 does not properly inject this kext (from E/C/k/O), so I am unable to run HWMonitor.app to show CPU.temps/clocks with r5127 unless I install kexts in /Library/Extensions.  OC does not have this problem.

HWMonitor.app showing 10x CPU multiplier

6 hours ago, tonyx86 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1769407279_ScreenShot2021-01-08at1_29_47PM.png.154a7fe76c543316829a9e9724899ca2.png

SSDT-PLUG.zip 654 B · 12 downloads

I did try it as I also followed your idea with disabling /not use HPET anymore two weeks ago. My finding is that iStatMenus immediately shows only 4,9 GHz as max for my CPU instead of 5,2 GHz which it always shows as max frequency with my self generated SSDT-PLUG from SSDTime. My score was indeed 100 points more in MultiCore test. Single Core stayed the same 1400. So I did switch back to my own SSDT-PLUG. I use OpenCore 6.5 by the way and my CPU is a I9-10850k but you can see that in my signature too.

I have been using Clover for several years in a row and I have been going to open core for some time, but unfortunately I had a problem and had to go back to my previous bootloader i mean Clover.  Unfortunately, after this migration, I had a problem and my system does not work as before ... Clover boot argument read from old open core boot arguments while I removed Open Core from the boot

its my config boot arguments

A03A8F0C-DFAA-4AD8-9215-805E404B11EA.png.cb87a3104e1cb70342b93e31010dd1ef.png

and its the opencore boot arguments that show on my clover bootloader screen and it will fails to boot :(

6A981370-D375-404F-AB4A-823BE3C07EC6.thumb.jpeg.359dcf26b27e00139e62a8a86a247d10.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Did you reboot after the NVRAM reset?

Do you have multiple Drives with EFI Folders? If so, check if you are booting from the correct drive which contains the clover bootloader.

Otherwise you have to perform a CMOS reset. Because these boot-args are stored in NVRAM. Was Bootstrap active in OpenCore?

i have rebooted after nvram reset

no just one drive with EFI Folder. i have try to reset using macos terminal but i get the following error 

MacBook-Pro:~ freeman$ sudo nvram -c

Password:

nvram: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted

Edited by H4cktosh

5 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

The thing is: this "modified" ssdt-plug is does nothing more than setting the value for the X86PlatformPlugin for CPU Power Management value to 0, disabling it, so that the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin for legacy CPUs will be used instead. This is for CPUs below Haswell where you have to create an SSDT-PM using ssdtPRGen so CPU Powermanagement works because Apple has disabled XCPM support for CPUs like IvyBridge. You can check if you use plugin Type 1 by entering "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" in Terminal (w/o quotes). If the result is 0 you are using the legacy plugin. These geekbench test always vary in some margin. I wouldn't make much of it.

If my post were claiming something ground-breaking about the "modification" itself, then I'd agree with you - nothing to see here.  The thing is, with PluginType=Zero and a CPU newer than Haswell, I don't use ssdtPRGen, CPUFriend or other CPU patching solution, and with the simple, uninteresting PluginType=Zero, I get slightly and consistently better Geekbench 5 multi-core benchmarks and I have a new lower-bound for my CPU multiplier.  The post itself remains relevant to the Clover General Discussion since its main intent was to show the change in CLOVER r5122 and r5127 behavior with regard to PluginType.  And from an OpenCore perpective, it's nothing incredible, nothing earth shattering... just interesting.

Edited by tonyx86

Not feeling discredited - just clarified.  That's great news for Clover.  I've switched to OC (now running OC 0.6.5) and am happy with it.  The overhead of maintaining two bootloader baselines for my rig became too burdensome.

EDIT: I didn't know AptioFixes were still an option with r5127.  I was running r5122 with OpenRuntime and r5127 with OpenRuntime for my tests.

Edited by tonyx86