OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,805 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, metaphysics said:

I just load default/optimized settings in BIOS.

There should be another easy way to do that. I.E. clear nvram?

solved by git clone and compiled with latest changes

Hi guys. Thank everyone who helps me. I learned a lot here.

I still have two questions or suggestions:

1. Could a quirk be created to block PlatformInfo information applying to OS other than macOS? Although I injected my firmware UUID to `SystemUUID` and turn off SposeVendor, some Windows software authentification checks still fail because my model becomes the one in `SystemProductName`.

2. Currently, there's a problem in OC+VoodooI2CHID that every time after system updates, the trackpad would fail because of 

Kext com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.

For some reason, the VoodooI2CHID loads before IOGraphicsFamily after every system update, and users have to rebuild kextcache to make it right. I know it's a VoodooI2C team problem, but could OpenCore develop a function that could force load particular kexts, like "ForceKextsToLoad" in Clover? It may help some developers debug their program when they want a particular system kext to load. Most importantly, it can make VoodooI2CHID users' life easier.

Thank again for every contributor to OC and this forum! 

Edited by stevezheng

H, I am trying to install Catalina on a Z170 P, using Opencore, it gets to the apple symbol and then shuts down. The debug log says;

OCB: Failed to match a default boot option. I have scan policy=0. Attached is my config.plist. For a long time I could not see the target disc except from the BIOS. I have now reformated it as HPFS using Paragon and can see it in Paragon. Before it waa in a container. I had a previous instalation of Catalina using Clover but I could not get the internet to work. I do not have access to an apple computer at the moment.

The Opencore Skylake guide says I need SSDT-PLUG. How do I compile SSDT in windows? I downloaded something called iasl-win but cannot figure out how to use it.

I posted a second time as I think the first post was in the wrong place

David

config.plist

opencore-2020-03-16-001818.txt

So I read the Skylake guide more carefully than previously and made some changes to my config.plist, I realised ApfsDriverLoader.efi was not being loaded and think I have fixed this. I used GenSMBIOS to input the SMBIOS, for Imac 17,1.

I attach the new config.plist. I still have the same problem, next I will watch the video.

David

config.plist

@jinbingmao Once again, this software is still under construction and has not even been released. We do not need obvious reports of missing features or defects.

@LBowgensloth The KP has no further information on what caused the PF and the pattern has been seen various times for incorrect FwRuntimeServices versions. Are you sure OC and the driver are from the same package?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2020 at 4:21 AM, Simonej said:

Hello guys, quick question to know if someone went through a similar problem:

I have a working Gigabyte Z390 + i9 9900k system and another Gigabyte Z77 + i5 3570k with Clover, adapted the configuration to try OpenCore to this old build and anytime I try to boot to OS X 10.13.6 HD from picker the system reboot to bios.

I spent just an hour to check different settings with no results, any suggestion?

(will post config and log if necessary)

Thanks

Fighting with the Z77 build and there is a little update, I was able today to boot the main HD with 10.13 and discovered that none of the USB ports was working, that's why I spend the last few days without success, the test HD was external...

Someone has an idea why the USB ports are not working? USB also mapped with kext+ssdt EC and working with Clover.

12 hours ago, LBowgensloth said:

Hi Guys,

when upgrading OC beyond 0.5.4 I keep getting this KP: https://imgur.com/a/oQjcsko Do you have any idea why?

I don’t know if it solves your problem, check if CPU0 from your OEM DSDT/SSDTs is under the same Scope as in your SSDT-PLUG.aml, if not edit it, or compile one corresponding to yours.

Ready to compile examples, all credits to @daliansky.

PLUG.zip

Edited by hardcorehenry

I would have an annoying problem.
I state that everything works and I'm very happy with clover, except for this problem.

i have two ssd. One m.2 nvme with windows + windows boot manager and one m.2 sata with macOS + OpenCore / Clover.

I have removed from OC, which can see the disk nvme, so it does not appear to me as the first choice of boot.

But the problem is the sequent; when I set the boot order in the BIOS, I put the one with Windows as the first disk, the second OC and the third Clover.

It only works in that session, when I turn off the PC, by default OC takes the first place (in the BIOS boot order).

If I completely disable the OC voice from the Bios, obviously it doesn't.
But I would like to be able to choose when to start OC at any time, without having to rehabilitate it in Bios first. By simply using the boot list (F11).

With Clover it worked perfectly OC instead it automatically changes the startup preference.

I am hating this thing so much, that I am tempted to cancel OpenCore every time I turn on the pc.

I hope someone can help me.

My motherboard is an MSI z370 gaming pro carbon.

If necessary, I attach a video of the problem

Edited by simonuzzo

2 hours ago, hardcorehenry said:

I don’t know if it solves your problem, check if CPU0 from your OEM DSDT/SSDTs is under the same Scope as in your SSDT-PLUG.aml, if not edit it, or compile one corresponding to yours.

Ready to compile examples, all credits to @daliansky.

PLUG.zip

It wasn't and I improved my setup thanks for that. However the panic is still the same :(

On 3/7/2020 at 1:35 PM, Szajda said:

Sorry My bad 

Its a Intel 9900K with Gigabyte Designare motherboard, 2TB Samsung NVME pro disk plus 2 normal SSD. RT 580 gigbyte and 64 GB Ram 3200Mhz

Technolli just posted a new video that applies to your hardware. 

hi guys,

I'm stuck on 'previous shutdown cause: 5" booting Catalina installer on 100 series laptop

I generated ssdt for EC with ssdttime but same error. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

15 hours ago, Simonej said:

Fighting with the Z77 build and there is a little update, I was able today to boot the main HD with 10.13 and discovered that none of the USB ports was working, that's why I spend the last few days without success, the test HD was external...

Someone has an idea why the USB ports are not working? USB also mapped with kext+ssdt EC and working with Clover.

I have a Z77-DS3H running clover, usb 3 didn't work.  I installed an Inateck KT4004. Running latest Mojave. The KT4004 works and the motherboard USB3 now works.  Each uses a different kext.  

1 hour ago, mdub said:

hi guys,

I'm stuck on 'previous shutdown cause: 5" booting Catalina installer on 100 series laptop

I generated ssdt for EC with ssdttime but same error. any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Follow here;

https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/troubleshooting/troubleshooting

57 minutes ago, telepati said:

thanks for the reply.

yeah I tried all those solutions and same issue. weird thing is the same laptop boots fine with clover and no ssdt-ec or any ec DSDT renames which makes me think it might not be an ec issue. any chance you know more about that specific error so I can confirm what triggers it?

thanks

M

Edited by mdub

Hi, I am still trying to get Opencore Catalina to install on a Skylake Z170 P. I have now watched the recommended video and made a new boot USB. i am now getting boot entries beginning OC which I was not before. Also a lot more boot messages in the log. One of the messages fon the screen is: AppleUBSHostPort: disconnect persistent enumeration failures.

Part of the boot log:

16:050 00:136 OCB: BootNext has not been found
16:186 00:136 OCB: BootOrder is unavailable - Not Found
16:322 00:135 OCB: Initial default is 0, fallback
21:502 05:179 OCB: Should boot from macOS Base System (T:1|F:0|DEF:0)
21:524 00:022 OCB: Perform boot macOS Base System to dp PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(0x11,0x0)/HD(2,MBR,0x713D627D,0x64800,0x38E9800)/\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi (0/0)

I attach two boot logs, the first for when the second disc on my computer containing windows is disconnected and the second when it is connected.

it still goes to the Apple symbol and then shuts down.

Maybe I have a problem due to USB? Is there a tutorial for mapping the USB ports from a windows computer? I also attach my config.plist. Thanks in advance for any help.

David

opencore-2020-03-17-200146.txt

opencore-2020-03-17-201844.txt

config.plist