HWMonitorSMC2.app internalization

vector sigma

79 posts in this topic

Hi, this Topic is dedicated to translate the HWMonitorSMC2.app included in the HWSensor-3 project by Slice.

Please don't post bugs or anything else is not related to translations, instead use the dedicated thread here.

Here the files to be translated to fully make appear everything in you language:

en.zip  (to be used as base for new translations)

de.zip 

fi.zip

it.zip

ko.zip

pt-BR.zip

pt-PT.zip

ru.zip

tr.zip

zh-Hans.zip

Info.strings translate the popover that appear when you right click in any sensor:

actually contains only one line to translate the button  "copy to clip board":

Spoiler

1045876766_Screenshot2018-11-11at19_03_24.png.c23796974a8e2d02e84a7ce855304493.png

Localizable.strings translate name of sensors, title of the groups and the units of measurement:

Spoiler

194506485_Screenshot2018-11-11at19_17_48.thumb.png.50d6338e4619b1f98336d95cdaed1a89.png

Preferences.strings translate the Preference window:

Spoiler

632403060_Screenshot2018-11-11at19_22_04.png.e48d699812dcb04f34e53adaae723860.png

License.strings translate the License window ("License", "Accept", "Close1045876766_Screenshot2018-11-11at19_03_24.png.c23796974a8e2d02e84a7ce855304493.png"

HOW TO:

"Frequency" = "Frequency";

left part is the base string and you always must to translate the strings at right only:

"Frequency" = "Frequenza";

(string at left is used to match the string used in the source code and if you change it ... english will be displayed, no matter what)

Pay attention to quotes " and each line must be terminated using ;

WARNING:

Since I use Xcode to develop the application, .strings files already open with it. Please avoid to use funcy methods to open those files since invisible characters may be placed and you will ask why your translated strings will not show up. You can use Text Edit.app but please avoid to use it  in RTF format but instead use it with "plain text" format only.

Credits

Italian and English by @vector sigma

Russian by @Andrey1970

Simplified Chinese by @jinbingmao

Turkish by @nomadturk

Finnish by @Amble

Korean by @Sherlocks

German by @Mork vom Ork

Edited by vector sigma
latest translations
  • Like 4

Requested changes

Here you will find changes and new things may need to be added or to be changed due to new functionalities... and so to be translated again.

Would like to have back Korean and German "Localizable.strings" that was previously present in the older version, now outdated.

It would be nice if someone also provide:

French

Spanish

Portuguese

Japanese

any other language supported by macOS are also supported by HWMonitorSMC2, so don't esitate if you like to have our app translated in your language.

November 2, 2018: 

added a new "License" window and need translations to be corrected in any language..

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

Hi,

Updated couple of stings.

fi-fi_Localizable.strings.zip

Difficult to translate GPU and IGPU. I mean HWMonitor says GPU, and shows fans and VRM under it, but GPU is just the Graphics Processing Unit on the Video Card. Shouldn't that category be Video Cards or Graphics Cards?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_card

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

Edited by Amble

1 hour ago, Amble said:

Difficult to translate GPU and IGPU. I mean HWMonitor says GPU, and shows fans and VRM under it

Well, VRM Voltage in HWMonitorSMC2 should be under the CPU group only isn't? Please post a screenshot.

I admit that the translation I give for the "GPUs" group is "Schede Video", i.e. "Video cards". Maybe just "Graphics" without any additional word is more correct?

2 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Well, VRM Voltage in HWMonitorSMC2 should be under the CPU group only isn't? Please post a screenshot.

I admit that the translation I give for the "GPUs" group is "Schede Video", i.e. "Video cards". Maybe just "Graphics" without any additional word is more correct?

Sorry, I meant VRAM :)

I really can't say what would be correct in English, I mean if GPU has become a synonym for Graphics card/Video Card.

What does English macOS system profiler say? Is it Graphics?

On Windows it is Display adapters. Any native English speakers here?

2 minutes ago, Amble said:

I mean if GPU has become a synonym for Graphics card/Video Card.

Was what it comes to mind to me.

3 minutes ago, Amble said:

What does English macOS system profiler say? Is it Graphics?

It says "Graphic/Monitor"

So do you want to review your translation just to be "Graphics"?

@Amble:

"IGPU Frequency" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen kellotaajuus";
"IGPU Max Frequency" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen maks. kellotaajuus";
"IGPU Utilization" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen käyttö";

This will not fit into the view, but isn't a children of "Intel HD graphics 630"? I mean, cannot you just made it shorter like "Yn kellotaajuus" or "Y.n. kellotaajuus" if that can have a sense in Finnish?

let sensor = HWMonitorSensor(key: "IGPU Frequency",
                               unit: .MHz,
                               type: "IPG",
                               sensorType: .intelGPUFrequency,
                               title: (AppSd.useIOAcceleratorForGPUs ? "Frequency".locale() : "IGPU Frequency".locale()),
                               canPlot: true)

... to be more precise the code know if you are using the IOAccelerator monitoring graphics card, so the are two possibility:

1. IGPU stuff from Intel Power Gadget is added among the 'Intel HD Graphics 630' if IOAccelerator is used, so just "Frequency" is used.
  2. IOAccelerator is not used, so the app will use "IGPU Frequency" because this will added directly under what is actually the "GPUs" group, among other things. So you can recognize it.

Ha ha, why not just:

"IGPU Frequency" = "Intel kellotaajuus";

?? :rofl:

5 hours ago, vector sigma said:

@Amble:

"IGPU Frequency" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen kellotaajuus";
"IGPU Max Frequency" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen maks. kellotaajuus";
"IGPU Utilization" = "Yhdysrakenteisen näytönohjaimen käyttö";

This will not fit into the view, but isn't a children of "Intel HD graphics 630"? I mean, cannot you just made it shorter like "Yn kellotaajuus" or "Y.n. kellotaajuus" if that can have a sense in Finnish?

Yeah, there are a shorter translations for that :) That's a precise term and just wanted to see if it works with it. I haven't been able to find that line in HWMonitor, where is it used? Under the intel HD 630 I just see "Kellotaajuus" etc

Edited by Amble

Guys, under Preference.strings I've added:

"Translate units of measurements" = "Translate units of measurements";

This is for who wants to see everythings translated less the units of measurement. Example

10 GB (10 Giga bytes) 

French = 10 Go

Russian = 10 ГБ

So when the new option is off, you will always see 10 GB. r182 +

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Guys, under Preference.strings I've added:

"Translate units of measurements" = "Translate units of measurements";

This is for who wants to see everythings translated less the units of measurement. Example

10 GB (10 Giga bytes) 

French = 10 Go

Russian = 10 ГБ

So when the new option is off, you will always see 10 GB. r182 +

Russian

"Translate units of measurements" = "Показывать размерности на русском";
  • Like 1